“the summer home in Cape Cod”

Level 5

Since: Jun 07

Manhattan, New York

#12680 Jul 28, 2012
what unit did you serve with in Vietnam !?!?!?!?!?
Annie Muk wrote:
<quoted text>
So being a Vietnam War Veteran and having worked for the Royal Air Force in Germany during the Cold War makes me "a Hero"? You don't require many prerequisties to "heroism" I see. I wonder what you'd say if I told you EVERYTHING I did and where I've been in the world. You'd probably call me the Hero's Messiah. You know so little, Noah. Not enough space in that tiny brain of yours to learn anything new?
And how about the AFL? Any home-runs hit this week?

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#12681 Jul 28, 2012
Ronald J. Murray
SOMEONE WHO CAME

I was standing deep in thought,
when I heard the rustle of leaves,
then you walked to the monument,
and dropped down on your knees.

In your hand you held a bouquet,
which you placed upon the ground.
As you knelt in silent prayer,
there was no earthly sound.

When you rose up from your knees,
and were about to go,
I called to you and said,“Please wait”;
for there was something I wanted to know.

I asked if you had been there,
you said,“No.” and lowered your head.
“Maybe there was a friend,” I asked,
“who now is missing or dead?”

Again you shook and lowered your head,
and said,“There was no one,
I just came to give my thanks;
for what these men have done.”

Your words made my heart feel lighter,
than it had for many years,
I was glad it started raining,
as it would hide my tears.

Again you moved to walk away,
so I asked you for your name.
Your eyes met mine; you smiled and said,
“I’m just someone who came.”“

From the Book,“Memories Never Die”©Copyright 1987-1992 by Ronald J. Murray

Level 8

USA

#12682 Jul 28, 2012
Ronald J. Murray
TRAINING

When you become a combat soldier,
the sergeant said to me,
Your job will be to protect the weak,
And to keep our country free.

You’ll go to basic training
and they will treat you rough.
While you’re there you’ll have a chance
to show you have the stuff.

Next is infantry training;
There you’ll learn to kill.
Don’t wonder if you can do it;
to protect yourself, you will.

Then when they have trained you
you’ll be sent to war.
There you’ll get the training
you’ve never seen before.

Your feelings will be tested,
your conscience and your pride.
Many times you’ll feel alone
as you bag the men who’ve died.

Don’t let yourself dwell on the dead
because soldier, if you do
the men who have their thoughts on life
will bag your body too.

From the Book,“Memories Never Die”©Copyright 1987-1992 by Ronald J. Murray

Level 8

USA

#12683 Jul 28, 2012
Phil Gray

Candler, NC

#12684 Jul 28, 2012
To Educate One Hundred wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you troll under different names.
Nope, try again
Annie Muk

Sweden

#12685 Jul 28, 2012
To Educate One Hundred wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL poor old IRA, not getting name-checked for trying to blow-hole GI Grey back to Osnabrück :)
He must be Yank we've all heard about who slipped in the NAAFI and tried to steal a sticky bun, but got found out and beaten within an inch of his life by a couple of pongos.
Annie Muk

Sweden

#12686 Jul 28, 2012
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
“Memories Never Die”
"MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS"

Sweet, sweet memories you gave-a me
You can't beat the memories you gave-a me

Take one fresh and tender kiss
Add one stolen night of bliss
One girl, one boy
Some grief, some joy

Memories are made of this

Don't forget a small moonbeam
Fold in lightly with a dream
Your lips and mine
Two sips of wine

Then add the wedding bells
One house where lovers dwell
Three little kids for the flavor

Stir carefully through the days
See how the flavor stays
These are the dreams you'll savor

With his blessings from above
Serve it generously with love
One man, one wife
One love through life

“...Strike one”

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#12687 Jul 29, 2012
Phil Gray wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, try again
Screenshot taken, grey brain.

Level 8

USA

#12688 Jul 29, 2012
THE KIND LIE

Many of my friends I hear
I'm hit I'm hit they cry in fear.

To the nearest one I crawl
He must have died right after I heard his call.

To the next friend I go
Little life does he show.

Such a faraway look in his eyes
Hold me mommy, I am scared are his cries.

I lay his head on my chest and whisper in his ear
Mommy's here baby there is nothing to fear.

As he draws his last breath he smiles and squeezes my hand
Another young life taken in this faraway battle scarred land.

I know not how many times I will have to tell that kind lie
All the while knowing my friend is about to die.
©Copyright June 14, 2003 by Jack Neeley

Level 8

USA

#12689 Jul 29, 2012
MATTHEW C. NELSON
SECRET OF CROWS

The smoke of war, the scent of blood,
these things exist where both sides stood.
The bloody dead, alas absent of care,
their haunting bones lay agape, eyes a stare.

The silence of the field is broken now,
as the wind fills with the ravenous crow.
Crows descend en masse, choosing no favorite,
sampling both sides, devouring as they see fit.

The bloodied husks, do they pick and pry,
hoping to find their favorite--a dead man's eye.
As legend goes, great gifts can be spied,
when one devours the departed's eye.

For with these secrets that only the crows know,
the mysteries of life and death are finally exposed.
The ultimate spoil, for those that try, is the
mastery of flesh, immune to death's buzzing of flies.
©Copyright 2004 by Matthew C. Nelson

Level 8

USA

#12690 Jul 29, 2012
Annie Muk

Sweden

#12691 Jul 29, 2012
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
THE KIND LIE
"I'm an American tired of American lies"
Part 1.

The man who drives me to and from work is named Woody too. A relief to me, as it minimises the chance of my forgetting his name. I call him Woodman and he calls me Wood. He has become my best friend here, even though he's upset that I have quit drinking beer. He's smart, funny, and there's nothing he hasn't seen in 33 years behind the wheel of his black cab. He drove me for a while before I felt confident he liked me; he doesn't like people easily, especially if they have a rap for busting up black cabs.

Woodman and I agree about a lot of things, but one thing we can never agree about is Iraq. He thinks the only language Saddam understands is brute force. I don't believe we should be bombing cities in our quest for one man. We've killed a million Iraqis since the start of the Gulf war - mostly by blocking humanitarian aid. Let's stop now. Thankfully, most of the Brits I talk to about the war are closer to me than to Woodman. Only your prime minister doesn't seem to have noticed.

I have been here three months doing a play in the West End. I am having the time of my life. I love England, the people, the parks, the theatre. The play is great and the audiences have been a dream. Probably I should just relax, be happy and talk about the weather, but this war is under my skin - it affects my sleep.

I remember playing basketball with an Iraqi in the late 80s while Iran and Iraq were at war. I didn't know at the time that the US and Britain were supplying weapons to both sides. I asked why they were always at war with each other and he said something that stayed with me: "If it were up to the people, there would be peace. It's the governments that create war." And now my government is creating its second war in less than a year. No; war requires two combatants, so I should say "its second bombing campaign".

I went to the White House when Harvey Weinstein was showing Clinton the movie Welcome to Sarejevo, which I was in. I got a few moments alone with Clinton. Saddam throwing out the weapons inspectors was all over the news and I asked what he was going to do. His answer was very revealing. He said: "Everybody is telling me to bomb him. All the military are saying,'You gotta bomb him.' But if even one innocent person died, I couldn't bear it." And I looked in his eyes and I believed him. Little did I know he was blocking humanitarian aid at the time, allowing the deaths of thousands of innocent people.

I am a father, and no amount of propaganda can convince me that half a million dead children is acceptable "collateral damage". The fact is that Saddam Hussein was our boy. The CIA helped him to power, as they did the Shah of Iran and Noriega and Marcos and the Taliban and countless other brutal tyrants. The fact is that George Bush Sr continued to supply nerve gas and technology to Saddam even after he used it on Iran and then the Kurds in Iraq. While the Amnesty International report listing countless Saddam atrocities, including gassing and torturing Kurds, was sitting on his desk, Bush Sr pushed through a $2bn "agricultural" loan and Thatcher gave hundreds of millions in export credit to Saddam. The elder Bush then had the audacity to quote the Amnesty reports to garner support for his oil war.
Annie Muk

Sweden

#12692 Jul 29, 2012
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
THE KIND LIE
Part 2.

A decade later, Shrub follows the same line: "We have no quarrel with the Iraqi people." I'm sure half a million Iraqi parents are scratching their heads over that. I'm an American tired of lies. And with our government, it's mostly lies.

The history taught in our schools is scandalous. We grew up believing that Columbus actually discovered America. We still celebrate Columbus Day. Columbus was after one thing only - gold. As the natives were showering him with gifts and kindness, he wrote in his diary, "They do not bear arms ... They have no iron ... With 50 men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want." Columbus is the perfect symbol of US foreign policy to this day.

This is a racist and imperialist war. The warmongers who stole the White House (you call them "hawks", but I would never disparage such a fine bird) have hijacked a nation's grief and turned it into a perpetual war on any non-white country they choose to describe as terrorist.

To the men in Washington, the world is just a giant Monopoly board. Oddly enough, Americans generally know how the government works. The politicians do everything they can for the people - the people who put them in power. The giant industries that are polluting our planet as well as violating human rights worldwide are the ones nearest and dearest to the hearts of American politicians.

But in wartime people lose their senses. There are flags and yellow ribbons and posters and every media outlet is beating the war drum and even sensible people can hear nothing else. In the US, God forbid you should suggest the war is unjust or that dropping cluster bombs from 30,000ft on a city is a cowardly act. When TV satirist Bill Maher made some dissenting remarks about the bombing of Afghanistan, Disney pulled the plug on him. In a country that lauds its freedom of speech, a word of dissent can cost you your job.

I read in a paper here about a woman who held out the part of her taxes that would go to the war effort. Something like 17%. I like that idea, though in the US it would have to be more like 50%. If you consider money as a form of energy, then we see half our taxes and half the US government's energy focused on war and weapons of mass destruction. Over the past 30 years, this amounts to more than ten trillion dollars. Imagine that money going to preserving rainforest or contributing to a sustainable economy (as opposed to the dinosaur tit we are currently in the process of sucking dry).

I give in to Woodman, and we stop for a few beers. He asks me what I'd do in Bush's shoes. Easy: I'd honour Kyoto. Join the world court. I'd stop subsidising earth rapers like Monsanto, Dupont and Exxon. I'd shut down the nuclear power plants. So I already have $200bn saved from corporate welfare. I'd save another $100bn by stopping the war on non-corporate drugs. And I'd cut the defence budget in half so they'd have to get by on a measly $200bn a year. I've already saved half a trillion bucks by saying no to polluters and warmongers.

Then I'd give $300bn back to the taxpayers. I'd take the rest and pay the people teaching our children what they deserve. I'd put $100bn into alternative fuels and renewable energy. I'd revive the Chemurgy movement, which made the farmer the root of the economy, and make paper and fuel from wheat straw, rice straw and hemp. Not only would I attend, I'd sponsor the next Earth Summit. And, of course, I'd give myself a fat raise.

Woodman drops me at home and I ask if he likes my ideas. He offers a reluctant "yes". As he pulls away he yells out, "But I'd never vote for a man who can't handle a few pints at the end of the day!"

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Level 3

Since: May 09

USA

#12693 Jul 29, 2012
Annie Muk wrote:
<quoted text>
Part 2.
A decade later, Shrub follows the same line: "We have no quarrel with the Iraqi people." I'm sure half a million Iraqi parents are scratching their heads over that. I'm an American tired of lies. And with our government, it's mostly lies.
The history taught in our schools is scandalous. We grew up believing that Columbus actually discovered America. We still celebrate Columbus Day. Columbus was after one thing only - gold. As the natives were showering him with gifts and kindness, he wrote in his diary, "They do not bear arms ... They have no iron ... With 50 men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want." Columbus is the perfect symbol of US foreign policy to this day.
This is a racist and imperialist war. The warmongers who stole the White House (you call them "hawks", but I would never disparage such a fine bird) have hijacked a nation's grief and turned it into a perpetual war on any non-white country they choose to describe as terrorist.
To the men in Washington, the world is just a giant Monopoly board. Oddly enough, Americans generally know how the government works. The politicians do everything they can for the people - the people who put them in power. The giant industries that are polluting our planet as well as violating human rights worldwide are the ones nearest and dearest to the hearts of American politicians.
But in wartime people lose their senses. There are flags and yellow ribbons and posters and every media outlet is beating the war drum and even sensible people can hear nothing else. In the US, God forbid you should suggest the war is unjust or that dropping cluster bombs from 30,000ft on a city is a cowardly act. When TV satirist Bill Maher made some dissenting remarks about the bombing of Afghanistan, Disney pulled the plug on him. In a country that lauds its freedom of speech, a word of dissent can cost you your job.
I read in a paper here about a woman who held out the part of her taxes that would go to the war effort. Something like 17%. I like that idea, though in the US it would have to be more like 50%. If you consider money as a form of energy, then we see half our taxes and half the US government's energy focused on war and weapons of sy: I'd honour Kyoto. Join the world if he likes my ideas. He offers a reluctant "yes". As he pulls away he yells out, "But I'd never vote for a man who can't handle a few pints at the end of the day!"
Incredibly deep, old coot! Could you please copy/paste some Herman Melville while you're waxing on and on?

Thanks.
Sweden

Sweden

#12694 Jul 29, 2012
Annie doesn't live anywhere NEAR me!
Annie Muk

Sweden

#12695 Jul 29, 2012
Sweden wrote:
It's times as these that make me happy that Sweden is such a large country with cities and towns separated by vast forests.

“the summer home in Cape Cod”

Level 5

Since: Jun 07

Manhattan, New York

#12696 Jul 29, 2012
he lives in New Jersey
Sweden wrote:

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#12697 Jul 29, 2012
Is that where they hide all the gold that belonged to the Jews the Nazi gave them?
Phil Gray

Candler, NC

#12698 Jul 29, 2012
Rules for Kickin' Ass

Rules for the Non-Military

Dear Civilians,'We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military.

For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand.

Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance"

1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem- kick their ass.

2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest - kick their ass.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second.

Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.

4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be 'Special Forces'. collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

5. Next time you come across an Air Force* member, do not ask them,'Do you fly a jet?'

Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).

6. If you witness someone calling the Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake - and kick their ass.

7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart.

Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her - of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

9.'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me - stop saying it!

If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your ass!

10.'Flyboy'(*Air Force*),'Jarhead'(*Marines*),' Grunt'(*Army*),'Squid'(*Navy*) ,'Puddle Jumpers'(*Coast Guard*) are terms of endearment we use describing each other.

Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them.

Using them could get your ass kicked.

11. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families.

Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.

12. It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.

It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

AND ONE MORE:
13. If you ever see anyone singing the national anthem in Spanish - KICK THEIR ASS.

ONE LAST THING:
If you got this By email and didn't pass it on - guess what - you deserve to get your ass kicked!
Phil Gray

Candler, NC

#12699 Jul 29, 2012
Annie Muk wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from you this is an irrelevant question because you make up the definition of "support" to fit your own personal prejudgices. Here's a similar question for you, using your own line of questioning: "Are you a pedophile or just a plain old Homo?" Great choice, huh? Poor Gay Phil. Life isn't going very well for you.
NOTE: For your information, I worked for the RAF in Germany during the Cold War. Perhaps you ought to clarify what you mean by "RAF" before you rush in and double-time your idiocy on parade.
LMAO it would be a more appropriate question for you since you are the one who seems to be hung up on the homophobic criteria. After all you seem to be the one always referring to homosexual criteria. I happen to be a happily married heterasexual male.

Secondly You now claim to be a part of an organization which proudly were terrorist during the 70's , 80's and 90's the RAF the Red Army Faction other wise know as the Baader-Meinhof Group. But before spoke about serving in the American armed forces during vietnam with a unit which was disbanned after the second world war. GEE ANNIE You are just full of lies these days . I am sure that if you served with the RAF they would have slit your throat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create A New Forum (Nov '06) 2 hr Gipsysip 26
Words "beginning with letter H " (Aug '12) 2 hr White Fire 340
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 3 hr covcas 18,516
osun state. school of nursing form is still on ... 3 hr Mr victor 1
osun state. school of nursing form is still on ... 12 hr MR ABRAHAM 1
Men r so rude 17 hr theartist 5
norm chow must go 22 hr Change now 5
•••

Topix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE