DENG

Chengdu, China

#6001 Jan 14, 2012
ALL FOREIGN WARSHIPS NOW MUST GET IRAN'S WRITTEN PERMISSION TO MOVE SHIPS THROUGH THE STRAITS OF HORMUZ

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#6002 Jan 14, 2012
DENG wrote:
ALL FOREIGN WARSHIPS NOW MUST GET IRAN'S WRITTEN PERMISSION TO MOVE SHIPS THROUGH THE STRAITS OF HORMUZ
Screw Iran. I'm going water skiing through there tommorrow.
DENG

Chengdu, China

#6003 Jan 14, 2012
IRAN CLOSED THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ ON DECEMBER 31 AND IT WAS ALL TAKEN IN STRIDE BY THE SHIPS THAT USE THE STRAITS AS IRAN PRACTICED ITS MISSILE CAPABILITIES AGAINST HOSTILE WARSHIPS.
CLOSING A WAR PRACTICE AREA IS QUITE LEGAL AND IS DONE BY MAY COUNTIES IN THE WORLD TO SAFEGUARD NON-PARTICIPATING VESSELS.
Annie Muk

Sweden

#6004 Jan 14, 2012
DENG wrote:
Sounds fair to me.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#6005 Jan 15, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw Iran. I'm going water skiing through there tommorrow.
LMAO! That was funny!!
Annie Muk

Sweden

#6006 Jan 15, 2012
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! That was funny!!
Mildly humorous yes, but not "LMAO" funny.

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#6007 Jan 15, 2012
DENG wrote:
IRAN CLOSED THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ ON DECEMBER 31 AND IT WAS ALL TAKEN IN STRIDE BY THE SHIPS THAT USE THE STRAITS AS IRAN PRACTICED ITS MISSILE CAPABILITIES AGAINST HOSTILE WARSHIPS.
CLOSING A WAR PRACTICE AREA IS QUITE LEGAL AND IS DONE BY MAY COUNTIES IN THE WORLD TO SAFEGUARD NON-PARTICIPATING VESSELS.
I hate to see people being fed propaganda.
DENG

Chengdu, China

#6008 Jan 15, 2012
see

AND HERE'S RICKY AGAIN: CONVINCED THE REICH WILL LAST FOREVER.

DENG wrote:

-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>

Level 10

Smirk .. ;-)

#6009 Jan 15, 2012
DENG ricky does not = Me. I wish I had half the fortitude that he has.

When the US loses power, EVERYONE will THE super power.
Annie Muk

Sweden

#6010 Jan 15, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's more:

The Soviet Union backed down to pressure from the White House and agreed to remove their missles from Cuba. I had no knowledge of the Watergate break in. I did not have sexual relationships with that woman. Even an idiot knows there are WMD's in Irak. We are not using torture at Abu Graib. We are the leaders of the free world. We have brought democracy to Irak!

But don't you worry Kevy, the United Snakes will be saturating the world with propaganda for many years to come.

Level 10

Smirk .. ;-)

#6011 Jan 15, 2012
Annie Muk wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's more:
The Soviet Union backed down to pressure from the White House and agreed to remove their missles from Cuba. I had no knowledge of the Watergate break in. I did not have sexual relationships with that woman. Even an idiot knows there are WMD's in Irak. We are not using torture at Abu Graib. We are the leaders of the free world. We have brought democracy to Irak!
But don't you worry Kevy, the United Snakes will be saturating the world with propaganda for many years to come.
Yes, you are using all those things as propaganda. Just like I said.
Do you know Japan told it's people they won WWII? Even after getting nuked twice.
THAT'S some propaganda.
At least we admitted to failing in Vietnam.

“Supporting The Girl...”

With A Heart Of Gold

#6012 Jan 15, 2012
Annie Muk wrote:
<quoted text>
Mildly humorous yes, but not "LMAO" funny.
You some kind of laugh-o-meter?
Annie Muk

Sweden

#6013 Jan 15, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are using all those things as propaganda. Just like I said.
Do you know Japan told it's people they won WWII? Even after getting nuked twice.
THAT'S some propaganda.
At least we admitted to failing in Vietnam.
I was set for battle but you made me laugh instead. You're right too, I think Japan called it a victory because Emperor Hirohito remained in power. I do believe that the U.S. fiercely debated whether or not to allow him to stay on the thrown. The reason they made the decision was because sooner or later they would have to send in ground troops into Japan and it was COMPLETLY CLEAR that the Japanese would have fought to the last man, woman and child in honour of Hirohito.

But that the Japanese had won? Gosh!
Annie Muk

Sweden

#6014 Jan 15, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
You some kind of laugh-o-meter?
Yes. I'm the only person in the world with accesss to it. So what I say goes.

Level 10

Smirk .. ;-)

#6015 Jan 15, 2012
Annie Muk wrote:
<quoted text>
I was set for battle but you made me laugh instead. You're right too, I think Japan called it a victory because Emperor Hirohito remained in power. I do believe that the U.S. fiercely debated whether or not to allow him to stay on the thrown. The reason they made the decision was because sooner or later they would have to send in ground troops into Japan and it was COMPLETLY CLEAR that the Japanese would have fought to the last man, woman and child in honour of Hirohito.
But that the Japanese had won? Gosh!
Yeah had we not used the bomb, it would have been bloodier.

What gives me the "WTFs?" is that we had to use TWO for them to surrender.
Annie Muk

Sweden

#6016 Jan 15, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Against probably each and every one of my countrymen I think the U.S. did the right thing, dropping those bombs.
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>What gives me the "WTFs?" is that we had to use TWO for them to surrender.
The Japanese generals were convinced that the U.S. had only one bomb. The reason they thought this is revealing into the mentality of the Bushido-thinking Japanese.

After the first bomb was dropped the U.S. offered the Japanese the opportunity to surrender. "A-ha!" thought the Japanese, "the Americans have played the last card they have and they are afraid of further war! They know that they are beat!" The rest is history.

Level 10

Smirk .. ;-)

#6017 Jan 15, 2012
Makes sense.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Level 7

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#6018 Jan 15, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
What gives me the "WTFs?" is that we had to use TWO for them to surrender.
And even then it was a close to the young military officers trying to stage last minute coup. But assuredly with out dropping the bombs. The invasion of the Japanese Island would have been even more bloody than all the other south pacific operations put together.

Also the reason for dropping the bombs instead of demonstrating it in front of the Japanese officials was two reason. One the military was not even sure the bombs would work.

Second if the bombs did work in a demonstration. No one was sure if the Japanese government would simply call the bluff anyways. Thus forcing the US government in dropping the second bomb anyways. With no assurance that the Japanese military would surrender even then.

So while the likes of Annie can cry about the bombings. In my opinion. There really was no choice. As unfortunate as the death and destruction in the resultant detonation. From a political and military POV. It was the only course to take at the time.

“Supporting The Girl...”

With A Heart Of Gold

#6019 Jan 15, 2012
Annie Muk wrote:
<quoted text>The Japanese generals were convinced that the U.S. had only one bomb. The reason they thought this is revealing into the mentality of the Bushido-thinking Japanese.
After the first bomb was dropped the U.S. offered the Japanese the opportunity to surrender. "A-ha!" thought the Japanese, "the Americans have played the last card they have and they are afraid of further war! They know that they are beat!" The rest is history.
You mean the Japanese had incorrect intel on our weapons of mass destruction? I guess you just never know...

“I See.”

Level 1

Since: Aug 10

Minneapolis

#6020 Jan 15, 2012
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Monk! Where have you been hiding?
I lost interest after a family tragedy. Topix felt like banging my head against a wall. Our Marines in Afghanistan are mostly kids- 18,19,20 years old. They got to piss after a firefight. And Muslim tradition says the dead body needs to be cleansed. Urine is sterile. What's the dustup about kids cleansing the enemy bodies. Our Marines were honoring the dead Taliban with their own traditions. The Vietcong cut our casualties into pieces- hung their intestines in trees. Now that is a crime against humanity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
giving away a few copies of games i bought extra 2 hr -Persephone- 2
Why are black americans so jealous of Jamaicans? (Nov '11) 4 hr Lol 227
brothers 7 hr what 2
What do you say about decreasing organ donation... 12 hr Weird 0ne 2 3
black men think MAJORITY of white women love them 20 hr proudblkgirl 36
Are divorced women attractive to men? Sun charlie 9
Word association game (Sep '12) Sat Female 39 761
More from around the web