Jewelry Television discussions
terrie

Hillsboro, WV

#7903 Jun 20, 2011
Gale, I have no idea how to get a posh coupon, I signed up for their emails but have never gotten anything so far. They sure have pretty jewelry on there, I saw a pretty piar of opal earrings earlier I liked a lot!
terrie

Hillsboro, WV

#7904 Jun 20, 2011
Girls, I got an email from Donna with a pic of her ring and she said it is beautiful!!
Gale

Jonesboro, GA

#7905 Jun 20, 2011
Thanks Terrie, do you know anything about Posh, did you hear any more on the woman that said she had not worn a piece of jewelry but Posh said she had and had returned it to her, I wonder how that worked out.
I want a large piece of Moissanite but without a coupon I won't buy.
terrie

Hillsboro, WV

#7906 Jun 20, 2011
Mercury, how are you this hot summer day? Do you have any idea of what you are wanting to get next from JTV??
terrie

Hillsboro, WV

#7907 Jun 20, 2011
Gale, No, I never heard anything like that at all about the woman. Here is the latest on the JTV facebook page, they are taking it down, read below:

Heidi Williams Jtv Host
Hi everyone, just to let you know...because I don't want to loose touch with you. JTV is taking down this page in a few weeks and switching to the Heidi Williams -JTV Host fan page,,,,so please join me there!!!
terrie

Hillsboro, WV

#7908 Jun 20, 2011
Gale, here is the latest on Craig, seems he is in a short film:

Craig Rooke
Just landed the lead in a very modest short independent film...and I'll be doing my best American accent. It'll be a while before it's completed but I'll post a link when it's edited.
terrie

Hillsboro, WV

#7909 Jun 20, 2011
Gale, where did you hear that about Posh Tv saying the woman wore the jewelry? I would be a little leary of buying from them and then having to return something if it did not work out if they are that touchy.

Level 1

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#7910 Jun 20, 2011
Does not sound like I would want to deal with Posh. Yikes!

Donna,
Glad to hear your red diamond ring is beautiful. Which one did you get?:-)

Terrie,
I am just waiting on the large Morganite ring. It shipped over the weekend. No planned purchases. Kinda blew my slush fund on the JDC diamond pieces, but the exceptional diamond quality was worth it.

ALC,
Hope it is a simple and cheap car repair.

My daughters took me to see "M. Poppers Penguins" this afternoon. Really cute movie. I loved it. ;-)

Level 3

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#7911 Jun 20, 2011
Gale, I hope the car repairs don't cost me that 4 carat ring that is still in limbo....I like the diamond and pearl reference you made :). I don't like going to the dentist, and now I will be waiting to hear from hubby about the car at the same time. I'll be a nervous wreck. We hope we don't have to get a new car. That's something we were not going to do for a least a few more years. Trying to pay down other debt and just keep the same cars going. Hope it's not serious.

Mercury, it sounds like you have seen some good movies. I would like to see Super 8 and maybe the Pirates of Caribbean one. I don't know what else is coming out this summer.

Donna. nice red diamond choice. That one is my favorite in the rose gold. If I didn't already have one in white gold, that's the one I would have gone for, too. I hope there are no cavities at the dentist tomorrow, but I do have a sweet tooth :).

Brenda, it's a shame you had rain went you went to camp. The weather never seems to cooperate when you want it to.

Nia, you stick with what you know is right and don't let people try to work you. You are doing the right thing :).

Terrie, did you see anything you wanted in the preowned? I missed most of it. It's probably good I did so I stop buying.
Level 2

Location hidden

#7912 Jun 20, 2011
Ok, I've changed the photo to my new red ring. It is HJN015.

Also, look at Q7937TS. I bought that in March of 2010 for $636! One of the small diamonds fell out so I took it to a jeweler for repair and he found another one just about to fall out. But it appraised at the jeweler for nearly $3000!!
terrie

Hillsboro, WV

#7913 Jun 21, 2011
Ladies, about three pairs of diamond earrings added to preowneds and that is about all that is new besides that black diamond ring was added.
Gale

Jonesboro, GA

#7914 Jun 21, 2011
Terrie, it was posted on couponshare, the tag was suppose to have gotten folded (in the box I think) and Posh said she had worn it and returned it to her, around $600. I think, it was quite a while ago, I went to Posh Facebook, wasn't anything new on her problem but someone else had posted that they had no problems with returns at Posh, I don't know, I have always felt I could trust anyplace that Karen Connely worked, didn't think she would work someplace unethicial, but you never know.

Thanks for the info on JTV Facebook and the info on Craig was wondering about them the other day.
Am I the only one that has a funky feeling about JTV, something just DOESN'T feel right, I feel that something is going on.
Barb

Midland, MI

#7915 Jun 21, 2011
Gale...You're not the only one who has a funny feeling about Jtv. I believe that something is going on with them to but I just can't figure out what it is. I think it was odd to loose those show hosts like that all at once. That five stone diamond went in the mail already (I was surprised it was so soon). I think that will be my last big purchase for awhile. I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens later this summer. For one thing, I have been reading too many negative comments about them regarding shipping and canceling orders on people for no reason. I think they are trying to carry the same kinds of things they had a few years back with similar prices but the jewelry is turing out to be inferior and I believe they are getting a high rate of returns. The only decent diamonds they seem to be getting in are those they found at a closeout somewhere.
Level 2

Location hidden

#7916 Jun 21, 2011
Barb and Gale, I went to "Knoxville News" on Google and found these articles about JTV online: Jewelry Television has received the Refinancing of the Year Award in the 5th Annual Turnaround Awards Gala presented by the M&A Advisor. The company was recognized in the Major Deal Category for successful refinancing efforts that have led to the company's turnaround.(May 2011)

And on May 15, 2011: 11-0541, fire alarm, 190 Hayfield Road, Jewelry Television, NA,$15,675

I bet it is very tough to stay afloat in the jewelry industry. People are scraping bottom in income and jewelry is a luxury item ... not like food, clothing and shelter. And gold and diamond prices are skyrocketing. Just sayin'...
terrie

Hillsboro, WV

#7917 Jun 21, 2011
Gale, I also have funny feelings about JTV but just cannot quite put my finger on it! They have been making so many changes at one time and that is what made me wonder why? First of all cutting out the 20% coupons, then the free shipping. Now it looks like the birthday coupons are no longer. On top of that the hit and miss jewelry and all the returns plus the problems people are having with the QC issue. Also, they are ending the JTV facebook page in a week or so.

Level 3

Location hidden

#7918 Jun 21, 2011
HI, ladies. I am back from the dentist. No cavities for me :). No word on the car yet. The mechanic started it right up this morning. We KNOW there is a major problem, because even after sitting for hours after the initial stall, the car would not start at all. My husband works on his cars, and if he didn't know what the issue was and went as far as to tow it away, he knows there is something that's not easy to fix. I hope these guys at the dealer look harder to make sure there isn't something out of whack.

I will have to look at the story about JTV's turnaraound. I am with Gale and Barb, though. I think something is afoot with all the orders being delayed or QC. My 4 carat is in QC as of today. My coin pearls and abalone have shipped, though.

Level 3

Location hidden

#7919 Jun 21, 2011
Here's a link I found to a story about theft from JTV:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/apr/15/thef...

Sounds like JTV may have to be extra careful when counting inventory right now.
Gale

Jonesboro, GA

#7920 Jun 21, 2011
Terrie, JTV shutting down the Facebook page really has me concerned, but I will say I have been concerned for quite a while now, the Facebook thing just makes me more so.
Is the previous Gemstv owners who now own stock in JTV, trying to put JTV out of business so that there will be no competetion for them, I still feel that they were the ones who started Posh, Karen made a statemenmt the other day that she had been there 4 years, kinda hard to do when your less than a year old. That made me wonder if it is the same owners that owned Gemstv who now own Posh.
Kristen

Pensacola, FL

#7922 Jun 21, 2011
Why in the world would a company shut down the main Facebook page? It makes no sense. I suppose it could be because they are getting too many complaints on the site and feel it would be better for customers not to be able to read them all so easily.

ALC, so sorry to hear about your car hopefully they will figure out what is wrong. Great news on having no cavities. I have a terrible sweet tooth--candy, cookies, cake, pie, ice cream, muffins, I want them all.

Donna, love the new ring!!!
Kristen

Pensacola, FL

#7923 Jun 21, 2011
Donna, that is one beautiful tsavorite ring. Too bad that the diamond fell out and another was about to but what a great surprise to have it appraise for so much more than your purchase price.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bi/Gay Skype 3 hr muchlovecock 19
Are white people being erased from the earth? (Nov '13) 8 hr Seduciary 95
frAUDS 18 hr gggggg2 62
Bill Graham Must Go Sat Town Watchdog 1
Delphi murders Sat Peck404 3
Pedaphile michael tod wortham Sat Zoo 1
wake up white people Fri Johnny 14
More from around the web