Jewelry Television discussions

Level 1

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6676 Mar 30, 2011
Brooke was going to do the all stars version of the Amazing Race.(on now) but her partner Claire got pregnant and could not participate.

We are back from Atlanta and spent yesterday cleaning out Mom's room at the nursing home. This has been the worst week of my life. I took today off too as I do not think I could work today.

Mom's funeral went off without a hitch and the people she loved were there.

BrendaG,
I sure hope your test goes well.

All,
Thank for your thoughts and prayers. Your kind words have meant a lot.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6677 Mar 30, 2011
Mercury,
You just did the hardest part. I sat amid a pile of my dad's clothes for what seemed like hours before I started gathering them to give away....too sad. I am sorry.

YaYa's.....a few of you asked....yes, my student asked if I was a virgin when I got married right in the middle of an English class, in front of all the kids. But we were just talking generally about "life," at the time, when he "popped the question." I've also been asked how a boy knows how to pick out condoms, and other beauties. One kid has to fill out a behavior contract with the Dean of Students due to inappropriate comments, and he is 13 years old. No innocence. It is stupefying...

I am very unhappy that Craig and Katie are leaving They were enjoyable,and Craig is very witty. Oh well, JTV must be having issues...

Going shopping. Bye!
Brenda G

Romney, WV

#6678 Mar 30, 2011
Hi Everyone!!Merc,I am glad went ok for you.My mom was a hoarder and it took us forever to figure out where anything was.I finally had a guy come in and take the things he knew would go at a auction.He does this for a living so I knew he was ok.I was surprised at the amount of money things brought that I probably would have thrown away.I guess the saying-One mans trash,another mans treasure is true.I am an only child and talk about being overwhelmed.I am glad that is all behind me now.We sold her house a few years ago.Thank you for remembering my test even with all you have been through.I am waiting for a call from Baltimore-I told the doctor I was allergic to the dye used in myelograms and he didn't seem concerned.I looked on the computer(maybe BAD idea)to see if they used different dye 10 yrs ago.Every place I read it said to tell the person doing the test of allergeries.Baltimore is 3 1/2 hrs from us and I didn't want to make a trip to be told they could not do the test.I hope I don't get caught in a-can not due test-spine doctor won't due anything w/o it!!Kristen,how far are you from Brandon,Fl?I was told on Monday that my cousin that lives in Brandon had committed suicide.It has really upset me.I only have a few cousins left-he was 52,good looking and a wife w/boyfriend that had emptied his house out.I wanted to go to his funeral but wifey isn't having one and doesn't want ANY of his family including his daughter who found him to ever see him again.I just can not imagine-the only thing is what she is doing she WILL answer to God for.ALC, I did get both rings.The chrome was really nice but I need to have it sized.The kunzite is pkged ready to be shipped back-no color-gold real thin.I bought a ametrine ring on Mondays preowns.I hope it is ok.I am sooo glad Kirstie is doing great.I too am a heavy lady and she has shown that size doesn't matter -that much.She looks nice in her clothing.I also like Ralph and a couple of others.Does anyone watch Idol?Any favorites there?There are too many good singers this year to pick from.I like Pia,Scotty,Lauren and Stefano.They each have good voices.Donna hope your getting better each day. I am going to quit for now but Terrie,Gale,Barb and Lori I will catch up with you guys.GLAD I have WONDERFUL YaYa SISTERS!!!
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#6679 Mar 30, 2011
Mercury, so glad to hear from you! We miss you when you are not on here! I know how that is with cleaning out your Mom's room at the nursing home as I had to do the very same thing. You were such a good daughter to your Mom just as I was to my Mom. It is hard for us to give them up but the time comes when we have to say goodbye. It will be 13 years on May 15 since my Mom passed away.

Brenda, I will be saying a special prayer for you on Friday morning so rest assured that us ya's ya's will be pulling for you!

Lori, it is hard to believe how kids are nowadays. I know that my husband's cousin is a teacher and it is a challenge to him everyday with the high school kids! Just think, soon it will be summer break and you can put it all behind you.

Level 3

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6680 Mar 30, 2011
Mercury, I am sorry it has been such a hard time. I can't imagine as personally, I have not had to deal with that loss yet. I know it took a almost 6 years to settle the estate of my husband's mother. He was responsible for dealing with all of it even though he was the youngest of 2 kids. His older sister lives out of state, so he had the proximity. I hope it isn't that bad for you and your family. Do you have a sister or brother?

Brenda, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. Why did he commit suicide? Because he lost his wife to another guy? I am sorry that you couldn't say goodbye at a funeral. I believe you can just pray and even talk to those who have passed, so you can say goodbye that way.

Lori, I can't believe what teens will say or do anymore. They are exposed to so much on TV and the internet at younger and younger ages. I wish I had more contact with my niece who turns 15 this year. She wants to date and it seems like 14 or even 15 is too young to date by yourself. You can't even drive yet. Maybe I am old fashioned, but I don't want something to happen to her where she ends up pregnant and dropping out of school. Her mom would have if it was not for our parents' help. She was 19 when she had my niece. My parents babysat her for 3 years for my sister to finish college. I want my niece to get her education and then worry about dating and boys. Lord knows, they will still be there when you're in your 20's.

Brenda and Kristen, I am a reality TV junkie. I like all the ones on network TV. I like a lot of the idols this year. I am glad they saved Casey last week. He is good and very interesting. On Dancing, I still like the older contestants this time like Kirsty and Ralph and Sugar Ray.

Level 3

Location hidden

#6681 Mar 30, 2011
Gale, I know you like the APD emerald cut rings like me. There are a couple new designs that have similar styles. They are RAL023 and RAL022. They are a little less expensive. Maybe a good coupon will come along to buy one with.
Gale

Douglasville, GA

#6682 Mar 30, 2011
ALC, I saw those and I LOVE them, they look like they would be so comfortable to wear, has anyone looked at the video of the rings that ALC mentioned? RAL022 looks like it is YG in the video but the description says it is WG, I really love that one! Maybe Terrie and I both (and I think Nia too) will get the rings we want on preowns and a 20% off coupon...WOW a girl can dream can't she.lol

Mercury, you are defintely in my thoughts, what you have had to go through is so hard, my Mom had a small apartment on the other side of my driveway and it was so hard to have to look at that front porch that she loved to sit on, I can still see her siting there now, watching the kids playing, it's been almost 10 years...boy how time flies!

Brenda, I will be so glad when Fri. is over for you, you are in my prayers, I still have my post it note on my computer, it reminds me every day to pray for you!
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#6683 Mar 30, 2011
GAlE, YES, we can dream! RAL022 is a beautiful ring especially because of the unique cut of the diamonds and the shape of the ring. Maybe they will put it on preowns and you and ALC could get it and I could get the 90 pointer one. If only JTV would do that and give us a 20% coupon our dreams could come true.

Gale, with my mother-in-law living just 40 feet from us with only a two car garage separating us, it is going to be hard on my husband when she passes. He will see that house everyday so I know what you are saying.

Level 3

Location hidden

#6684 Mar 30, 2011
Gale, I watched the video on RAL022. I like it even more now. The diamonds sparkle like crazy! I hope it gets to preowned, but I don't think it will.

Terrie, I haven't seen that 90 pointer on TV yet. I hope they show again so I can see it.
Kristen

Pensacola, FL

#6685 Mar 30, 2011
Wow those are some really pretty rings. I see what you mean the descriptions says white gold but the video clearly is yellow but still very nice.

Brenda, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. Maybe she thinks it would be less painful to not have a funeral because of the way he died but then again it doesn't sound like she is being thoughtful of the family---either way it is hard.

Mercury, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I think one of the hardest parts is that life all around you keeps going as if nothing of importance or life altering has happened. But you have us here if you need us.

Lori, I agree with ALC. Kids today seem to be growing up way too fast. There is a big controversy in the news over the padded bikini for tween girls which I totally agree is inappropriate. I think the questions were out of line in front of the class but sometimes I think kids need a safe place to ask questions. I guess it is a good thing they feel comfortable enough to ask you unless it was more a way to get you sidetracked, flustered and them onto quiet time or off whatever it was you were doing at the time.
nia

Sparrows Point, MD

#6686 Mar 30, 2011
hi ladies... i have been so busy today... you are right gale i love ral022 but the other one did not attract me too much. Right now i am not buying i am paying off the card and giving hubby a break for a while. he does not like that i keep buying after he told me to stop. Anyway i have the 20% but i guess it will go to waste since i cannot use it.

hope everyone is doing well and i will keep praying for you...ttyl =-)

Level 3

Location hidden

#6687 Mar 31, 2011
Testing to see if we can post again....have been posting on the new link that Terrie set up this morning.

Be back in a sec.
nia

Sparrows Point, MD

#6688 Mar 31, 2011
some of the girls can`t get to this site forum so we started a new one.. we did not have your email address so if you want the new link email me your email and i will reply with the link. my email: foreverchd@yahoo.com
TERRIE

Marlinton, WV

#6689 Mar 31, 2011
Well, it seems we are back to the old post. We need to tell the others to just come here and post. I will put a link to this site in case they do not have it.
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#6690 Mar 31, 2011
I am checking to see if I can post, it did not take my last post.

Level 3

Location hidden

#6691 Mar 31, 2011
Whew! I'm glad we can all come back here again. Thanks for emailing us Terrie. I think I have everybody's email figured out except Gale and Kristen.

Gale is yours the one that starts cisco?

Level 3

Location hidden

#6692 Mar 31, 2011
Hi, all. Got an email from JTV gold exchange that was weird. I had not sent them anything lately. Anyway, I got another email that was an apology for the first confusing email.

It has a 10% off one non-sale item code---DISCISORRY. I don't know how long it is good, but I thought I would share it with you ladies anyway. I know there is at least one 15% off code right now. So, in case you already used that, you can try this 10%.
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#6693 Mar 31, 2011
ALC, Yes, Gale's e-mail starts with cisco

Level 3

Location hidden

#6694 Mar 31, 2011
Thanks, Terrie. I have everybody but Kristen. Hope she comes back here. I wonder what happened to the others that used to post here....
Brenda G

Romney, WV

#6695 Mar 31, 2011
Hi All!!Last night when I couldn't sleep I tried to get on Topix and it was gone.I emailed Terrie to see if it was just me or it was gone.Glad she took care of it-I would miss you guys!!I kept thinking about my cousin and there is a little dog that had been dumped out with duct tape around it's mouth and volunteers can not catch him.On FB there is a site-We Love Ducky-that gives updates about his sittings and lots of animal lovers conversing about how cruel people can be.They named the dog Ducky because of the duct tape.They say Ducky has gotten some of the tape loose because he can bark.I sat here last night hitting the refresh button just like I do watching for pre owns with the tears flowing.To add to my misery my myelogram had to be postponed.The doctor doing it wants to talk to me about me being allergic to the dye.The hospital did not have any of my allergies noted so someone made a mistake.Tomorrow I have to call him-he wasn't there today-and then he will set me up with a new date.All my worrying and all your prayers will have to be put on hold.That is the kind of luck I have.I really appreciate and feel blessed with knowing each of you.Any ideas who will be sent home on Idol?Well I am going to try to post this somewhere!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mega Fort 25 min LOL 538
Dr. Corey Ryan 1 hr Unicorn66 1
Am I pretty? 2 hr paul shykora arts 3
question about location you post from (Oct '06) 8 hr Fuzzy Sock 5
Pages Not Refreshing-Time Stamps Off (Aug '06) 8 hr Fuzzy Sock 7
How great is Obama? (Oct '13) 9 hr flbadcatowner 29
Pit Bulls Should B Banned 10 hr mr goodwrench 78
More from around the web