Jewelry Television discussions

Level 3

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6394 Mar 11, 2011
WOW. I think that price he offered is very good considering they raised the price on the 7 inch from $1299 to $1399. It's only $35 more. I hope they let you use the coupons, too.

Like I said before, I am happy with the one I got, so do not get one for me. I don't know if anyone else wants one.

Let us know how it looks when you get it!

Level 1

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6395 Mar 11, 2011
Terrie,
Even if you can not use the coupon, get the bracelet. You will kick yourself for years if you do not. That is a good deal at $1434. Scrimp on other jewelry for the next year if you have to. This would be worth it. ;-)

We all know Barb.:-D Who is Stella?

Level 3

Location hidden

#6396 Mar 11, 2011
Mercury, I was thinking the same thing....who is Stella?!! I hope she knows us if we don't know her. She's benefiting from some groundwork done ny Terrie on this bracelet :).
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#6397 Mar 11, 2011
Mercury, Stella is one of my fictious e-mails that I used to e-mail him to presuade him that more than one of us were looking for the 8 inch bracelets,lol! I just wanted him to realize that more than one person was wanting the 8 inch bracelet made in the full cut diamonds. I thought that $1434 was a decent price for the 8 inch bracelet also.

Level 3

Location hidden

#6398 Mar 11, 2011
LOL! Terrie! Stella! I was confused, and now I'm laughing. I love that you invented more of us. I was beginning to think Stella was one of the trolls that spy on us here but never participate!
Kristen

Pensacola, FL

#6399 Mar 11, 2011
Terrie, what a disappointing response. You told them that we were a group of ladies who love to shop so we would already be aware of those specials.

ALC, I am sorry you did not get the items free that you should have. I think somewhere it did state while supplies last and who knows how many of an item they actually have to give out. But it terribly disappointing when you think you are going to get something and it doesn't come.

Terrie, I agree with you that they seem to be looking after the bottom dollar and that is it now. For instance I think they have finally caught on that we would use the codes more than once with a different email and phone and as a guest. I tried to get something with a code I had already used because it was going to end today and even though I was a guest with different phone and email it would not let me use it. So I EMPTIED my cart and DID NOT BUY. Believe me the money they are losing for declining coupons is so much more than just letting us use the coupons as many times as we want until they expire.

That is too bad that they are changing the jewelry to such a lower quality. Some people may not mind or know the difference to make any fuss about it. I think it will only drive people away though. Customers like us have come to expect a certain quality to the jewelry from JTV and if it is no longer there we will shop elsewhere.
Kristen

Pensacola, FL

#6400 Mar 11, 2011
Way to go Terrie!!! Persistence paid off. I am so glad to hear you will be getting the bracelet that you so badly want in the size you can actually wear. Also very ingenious of you to create another email/persona to help get your point across. Now if only we can get the other complaints fixed as well.

Even though it is a great price I just can't right now. Hopefully some others are able to partake so that he doesn't feel awful about putting the deal together and burn any good will you could have created.

Level 3

Location hidden

#6401 Mar 12, 2011
Kristen, you tried a different email and phone number and it still declined the coupon? Was it past the deadline of 11:59 PM? It seems like they are trying purposely to stop us from shopping at all.

On the free items, the excuse they tried to tell me was the "while supplies last", but my order was early in the weekend and shipped the same day. They were advertising the free items WELL after mine had shipped, so they still had supplies. It's because they think the web shoppers don't know about the specials or because we use coupons. It's not because they ran out.

I haven't tried to use a coupon as a guest for a couple weeks. If we can only use a coupon once on one item, it's going to make for very little shopping for me.

Level 3

Location hidden

#6402 Mar 12, 2011
Terrie, have you decided whether to order the bracelet?

Everyone, are you having buying withdrawals yet? I feel like I can't buy any more with all the limits JTV has recently imposed. Only 15% off one item coupons and no free shipping. Now the rebates are gone. The gold and diamond jewelry has gone up to almost double what it was a couple years ago. The new one carat diamond rings in 10kt, for example, are now $350 and up. The 2 carats are $1200 in some cases. Even colored gemstones in gold start above $200.

I hope they realize that a lot of the internet people are cutting back and relent a little. Bring back the free shipping and the 20% off the entire cart coupons. At least a couple times a year!
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#6403 Mar 12, 2011
ALC, as of this morning the citicard mastercard cash back rebate site no longer has JTV listed. These changes they are making is not for the best of the customer. It is so strange that HSN, QVC and SHOPNBC are sitll listedas participating but not JTV!!

Level 3

Location hidden

#6404 Mar 12, 2011
Terrie, that doesn't surprise me that the credit card rebates do not work with JTV either. If they took them off ebates and all the other sites like it, then I guess they are cutting all rebates.

Level 3

Location hidden

#6405 Mar 12, 2011
Terrie, did you decide on the bracelet?

Level 3

Location hidden

#6406 Mar 12, 2011
Just checked my Discover credit card marketplace rebates in jewelry. The following stores are all at LEAST 5% cash back with the discover card through their shopping links:

ShopNBC, QVC, Overstock.com , Ross-Simons, Bluenile.com , Ice.com , Zales and Smartbargains.com .

I guess I will have to try Ice.com and Overstock.com if things keep going this way.
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#6407 Mar 12, 2011
ALC, If I can use the 15% off on the bracelet I am going to go for it! I should be able to as this is no different than using it on any other jewely item on the web. I will know for sure Monday if I can do that. I also asked him the clarity and color of the diamonds and he said he would ask his assistant on Monday to check it out.
Kristen

Pensacola, FL

#6408 Mar 12, 2011
ALC, I had used the guest checkout option and put in a different email and phone number. It was early afternoon so it was not past the expiration time.

Level 3

Location hidden

#6409 Mar 12, 2011
Kristen, that is bad news for sure. I think they have read all these forums and have decided to take our means of stretching coupons away.

Terrie, you should be able to use the coupon and get your bracelet. I hope they will agree.
Nia

Sparrows Point, MD

#6410 Mar 12, 2011
ALC don't shop overstock because their QC is worst than jtv.. I received many broken jewlery items during my first attempts to buy from them. I am not sure how they are now butas of a year ago i got pearl earrings that were broken off the post, rings with diamonds missings and in several cases I did not even receive the item... i gave up on them and let them become someone else problem.

In other notes have you ladies seen JYR050.Nicky had it on this afternoon and it was to die for but the price was out of my lead.. I would love to catch that one on preowned I would take that one over the 4ct anyday...HOPE one gets returned in a size 7.5 or 8...I rather be safe than sorry..
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#6411 Mar 12, 2011
Nia, you have go to be kidding me! I liked that one too but did not see it on her show. I looked at it on the internet and fell in love with it.I even e-mailed Barb about it and we were both wondering how the large diamond in the center would be, if it would be clear. I told her if it were to be on preowneds it may be a good buy! I also liked the one that had the large .90 pointer stone also.
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#6412 Mar 12, 2011
Nia, here is the item number JYR050 for the other ring I thought was so pretty! It would be nice if they were to put it on the preowns too. Did you happen to see it 0n Nikki's show today? That cneter stone is a 90 pointer!!!
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#6413 Mar 12, 2011
Nia, sorry I read your post entirely wrong! You were referring to the same ring that I liked, the 90 pointer!! How did it look on JTV, clean and clear? Now I think I would rather have this ring than the braclet right now! Oh, decisions!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bigfoot sightings 8 hr -meabadboy- 69
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 19 hr -Sprocket- 3,557
The Wabbit Hutch (May '11) Sat -Lily- 1,329
Word association game (Sep '12) Sat Red_Forman 1,093
Campfire Memories Sat --Rickster-- 4,464
stock market Fri the watch-man 1
Google Chrome Will Start Auto-Pausing Video Adv... Fri gweijie 1
More from around the web