Jewelry Television discussions
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#2790 Aug 9, 2010
dru, welcome to Topix! Yes, I bought a twilight topaz pendant from JTV that was a Gemstv product and I just love it! Have you bought any of the Gemstv jewelry?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2791 Aug 9, 2010
Terrie,
I was in a local jeweler and they had your GSK ring, or something quite comparable, for $4,000.00. Can you believe that? It shows that it's good to keep checking JTV, especially preowned items, you can can get things for a steal. However, I think JTV has way too much junk now. They need to buyout some good stuff! I am not enjoying watching their shows very much anymore.
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#2792 Aug 9, 2010
Lori, so glad to hear my ring is worth a lot more at other jewelry stores! I just love the GSK to death if you can love a piece of jewelry to death, lol! I agree with you about the junk they are now showing! They need to show more quality items like they use to! I love, love, love the preowneds and hope they will soon list some more good bargains.
Level 2

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#2793 Aug 9, 2010
Lori, That is terrific!! I love my GSK! I like Robert's shows. Maybe as we get closer to the holidays they will get some really great jewelry in! I love their tanzanite and high end pieces but I can't spend $5000 on a ring.

I love every GemsTV piece that I have bought. I bought a pendant, earrings and ring in the Twilight Topaz and in the Flamingo Topaz. And I bought a red diamond ring. And I bought some sapphire rings and multicolor sapphire bracelet. They are 14KT gold and excellent quality.

Donna

Ossining, NY

#2794 Aug 9, 2010
Well, now I am mad as the proverbial wet hen. My Byzantine necklace, which I got at a great price, has been taking forever to ship. It has been in the "ready to ship" category for days; they have now moved it to "quality control," which nearly always means you are SUNK. I can't believe they are doing this to us AGAIN. We've had so many items cancelled by JTV, and if you call CS to complain, they tell you how grateful you should be that they didn't send out merchandise that was up to their usual high standards. HA! Has anyone else experienced this? These people have definitely gotten my Irish up with this latest zinger.
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#2795 Aug 9, 2010
MJ, remember all the trouble that Mercury had with the chrome ring that went to quality control and stayed there for an eternity? Also, Donna has had jewelry go to quality control and if I am right her tsavorite & diamond ring went there for awhile. It must be a stopping off place for the gems to get a good r&r before they start on their long journey to the customer, just kidding!!! This is really starting to get old!JTV needs to improve their action on this "quality control issue". Hopefully, it may no be there to long and it will be on its merry way to your home. I don't blame you one bit for being furious! what was the item number of the chain?
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#2796 Aug 9, 2010
ladies, I am in agreement with Donna and believe that JTV will get some nicer itmes in close to the holidays and that is not too far off. That is also when they actually mailed me that 25% off coupon and I really appreciated that coupon, hope they do it again this Thanksgiving season!
Gale

Acworth, GA

#2797 Aug 9, 2010
Well,ladies, I really HATE to ask a dumb question but here goes...how do I find Donna's store at Ebay, have tried to find it but can't. Anyway I agree JTV has really gotten LOW on anything good, and the new diamond rings are so high there is NO way I can afford them, even with a 30% off coupon or on preowned !!! Has Barb posted lately, was wondering how her husband is?

Level 1

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2798 Aug 9, 2010
MJ,
My Chrome ring stayed in QC for nearly 3 weeks. I ordered on July 12th and got it on August 5th. Really gorgeous ring, though. The center chrome stone is huge..almost 6 carats. Breathtaking and unheard of for chrome as it is a growth in inhibited gem with the chromium. But my jeweler could not guarantee me she could resize it without damaging it, so I am shipping it back to JTV tomorrow to let them resize it from a 6 to a 7.5 with a copy of the email were JTV said it could be sized up or down 2 sizes. Of course that means at least another month to get it back. Sigh. But is is a *gorgeous* ring and worth the hassle.

Also heads up..... if you orfer the morganite or aqua ring this style, they went real skimpy on the gold compared the last years version of this style. No under-gallery and band is very thin.

Terri & Nia,
Glad to hear you family members health is improving.

Lori,
Out Eclectus loves to quietly mutter what a good girl she is to herself.:-)

Nia,
Thanks for the coupon. I tried it on several sale items but the ones I wanted would not let me use it is the ring was already on sale. So JTV lost a sale on two rings from me. Not a good of enough deal......

Location hidden

#2799 Aug 9, 2010
Well, today was a weird, bad, day. My girlfriend is having her knee replaced with an artificial one tomorrow, so I was in a kind of worried state of mind, and I went to my classroom to find that it had been vandalized. My teacher's manuals that I have separated by subject were all thrown together in a heap, my kid's library I have in my room had books dumped all over the floor, my personal belongings were scattered here and there,various books from different subjects were thrown together...etc.,etc. It took me almost 2 hours to put my room back together again. I only came to work to put up some bulletin boards, to find the mess instead. Probably kids had a thrill at my expense.

I am gonna go get a glass of wine. Hi, everyone! Hope your day was better!!!!
Level 2

Location hidden

#2800 Aug 9, 2010
Oh Lori!!! That is awful! What an ordeal!

My Ebay store is 14K LIZARD'S FINE JEWELRY

It is going very very slow! No bidding and only a few watchers. You never know. Buying probably follows pay days.

I have sold two pieces.

MJ, I've been through the quality control situation. Usually it delays it but you will receive it. Sometimes it is in quality control a short time and sometimes longer.

Boy, I am so tired.

Level 3

Location hidden

#2802 Aug 10, 2010
Hello, Everyone! I am a hot one today! I know it's not as bad as down south, but WOW! It's not like OH to be so hot for days on end! The last time it was like this was the drought of '07. Our poor Maple trees are turning and dropping leaves and the grass is all brown and hard. My husband is going to be going to see the Reds play the Cardinals tonight in all this heat. I'm glad to stay in the cool a/c shopping on the laptop!

I did buy some GemsTV items...the twilight topaz & sapphire eternity bands. Those were nice quality. The only other good quality stuff I've gotten was all those bankrupcy diamonds they had back in March. I believe Lori and I were buying those up like crazy :).

Wow, Mercury....a 6 carat Chrome. I wish I had seen that one. Was it a one of a kind?

Here's hoping the JTV coupons flow freely from October through the holidays. It's the only way I like to shop.

Level 1

Location hidden

#2803 Aug 10, 2010
ALC,
I changed my avatar to a picture of the ring. UCA024: Russian Chrome Diopside 5.63ctw And Orissa Alexandrite With Diamond .26ctw 14k Yellow Gold Ring. I think they had just a small handfull and were gone in one showing with Robert. I missed it as I was at work but saw the ring on my DVR. Three days later a size 6 popped back in. I wrote to Customer Service and they said that UCA024 was listed as being able to be sized up or down 2 sizes. Here is what they said:
==========
"Item number UCA024 is noted as sizeable either up to 2 full sizes or down to 2 full sizes.

Sizing will add approximately two weeks to the ship time. The item does become non-returnable once it has been sized. It is for this reason that I strongly encourage all of my customers to purchase the item first and then return it for sizing once you determine it meets your satisfaction."
==========
So as of this morning my long awaited chrome ring is winging it's way back to JTV (delivery signature required and sent back to me) to be resized to a 7.5

-- Mercury

Level 1

Location hidden

#2804 Aug 10, 2010
Lori,
I hope none of your books were damaged. That really s**cks big time. Sounds like the school needs to beef up security.

Donna,
I spent over half an hour looking for your e bay store by name. I could not find a way to search and find a store by that name. Could you send me an actual link to one of your auctions? Terri has my email addy. Then I can look at all the items in your store.

Level 1

Location hidden

#2805 Aug 10, 2010
Did anyone see Misty's show that was almost all silver or gold over silver? Looks like that is where JTV is headed non red carpet pieces. Gild pieces for less that $300 might or $400 become quite rare. From what I am reading diamond prices are about to go through the roof.:-(

The diamond bracelet selection has dried up like a prune.

They seem to be ***loaded*** with Tanzy jewelry again. Bet they push that again for Christmas.

Caro MI

#2806 Aug 10, 2010
Hi, everyone. I've made it back to the land of the living. My husband had a terrible time with his chemical stress test. He was allergic to the dye they used and his heart stopped and had to be restarted. Needless to say, I've been somewhat of a wreck ever since. We got his test results the other day for all three tests and they were okay, so I guess I can relax. I haven't slept good in over a week. We have guys coming to the house tomorrow to begin working on our front porch and back deck. We are having all of the posts, spindles and railings replaced with vinyl. My husband can't help me anymore and it's too much for me to stain everything myself. I broke my left wrist two summers ago at work. Had to have three pins put in (they were removed and what a wonderful experience that was)and my left hand just doesn't work as good as it did before. So, we decided to go vinyl.
Glad to be back. I tried to catch up on the postings. Sounds like everyone is doing okay and some of you got some really good jewelry.
Thanks to you all for the thoughts and well wishes. It really means a lot to me!
terrie

Marlinton, WV

#2807 Aug 10, 2010
Barb, how terrible for that to have happened to your husband, I had no idea he was having such a time! I am deeply sorry for everything you and him have been thru and I mean it! Thankfully all his tests turned out allright and you can breathe a sigh of relief now. Please let me know if you need someone to talk to and I would be glad to call you anytime you wish or e-mail you. I know what a trying time you have had with your husband as I can relate to it when my husband had a heart attack at the age of 40. I am praying for you and yiour husband right now as I type this on Topix that only good things will happen to you all once and for all, you deserve it. Like I said, please let me know if you want someone to talk to.

Level 1

Location hidden

#2808 Aug 10, 2010
Wow..Barb So sorry to hear your husband had such a hard time. I am glad to hear his tests were OK. I hope things will go smoothly for both of you now.You both need some R&R.

Location hidden

#2809 Aug 10, 2010
Barb,
I am so happy to hear from you! My goodness, thank God your husband is ok, after the extreme reaction to the dye. I am no stranger to effects of dye. I had problems years ago, and now I am careful not to have any iodine in the dye. But I am so happy your husband is ok. Also, I know that I am utterly humbled that you share your life with us. My thoughts are with you.

Mercury,
None of my stuff was damaged, just thrown around. I am sure it happened in summer school, and our police officer who is normally in the school during the school year, is not there in the summer. Security is definitely lacking.

Please share any more Cherry stories that you have. We are getting a kick out of Scarlet. She is so quiet and mild compared to Cinco, our nutty Quaker.

Hi to everyone. I am sure you guys are sick of the junk silver. I'm ready for new merchandise and coupons...

Location hidden

#2810 Aug 10, 2010
Gale,
To get to Donna's site, click search, click advanced search, the when you get to the next screen, on the left hand side, you see EBay stores. Check off EBay stores, and put Donna's store name in the box. Then click again, and you should be at Donna's store. Also, at the beginning of my directions, when you click search and then advanced search, you do actually put anything in the box to search for. I am just trying to get you to the screen that has EBay stores on the left side of the screen.

There might be a shorter way, but I do not know it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Violated my felony probation, need your help 36 min FireyFellow44 2
historical trickery 2 hr FireyFellow44 1
Gay Guys SC 3 hr Kyboy18 580
hipsoccer changed to hipsoccer.co 8 hr Hipsoccer 2
19 yo dating 14 yo. I need some advice. 8 hr North Mountain 2
Have Any of You Straight Guys Jerked Off With A... 16 hr DLord731 1
"Waiting for Something Nice to Happen" by Patri... 18 hr FireyFellow44 2
More from around the web