Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#2009 Dec 1, 2012
Deannasfriend wrote:
<quoted text>
Barbi, that is what I had for dinner. My mom makes the best clam chowder. It was yummy
You're lucky, because I don't know anyone who makes homemade clam chowder. Seems like it would be a lot of work. I did find a new canned, condensed clam chowder at Raley's that's very good. It's Bar Harbor, and there is also a lobster bisque, seafood chowder, and clam corn chowder. Raley's also sells the small sour dough rounds, so I just do it myself at home.

_RandMan_

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2010 Dec 1, 2012
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
I love clam chowder!!! I haven't had geoduck clam chowder as yet. I hear they are really good, I just have a problem with the way they look. LOL
What do they look like, Dazzle? LOL!

_RandMan_

Location hidden

#2011 Dec 1, 2012
Bertie D wrote:
<quoted text>
Scottsdale is just a suburb of Phoenix. I spend winter and spring there. Never bern there in the hot summer months. 102 in April was hot enough for me.
I love the Phoenix Zoo and botanical gardens, also have been to the Biosohere2 in Tucson.
I spent a few days there when my daughter had cancer. I only got to see the inside of the Catholic Hospital.

_RandMan_

Location hidden

#2012 Dec 1, 2012
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
It may just be found up here. It's a HUGE clam. Very disgusting looking (google it) but I hear they are like the Cadillac of clams; very flavorful.
Some of them weigh 6 or 7 pounds. On behalf of men everywhere, Dazzle, I have to say I object to that assessment! If you think they look disgusting, imagine skinning one! It's kind of weird.

_RandMan_

Location hidden

#2013 Dec 1, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>In the area I hail from, we'd go to a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant right on the beach after a day of swimming and a single order of clam chowder was served on a PLATTER...a huge sourdough bread bowl filled with chowder all hot and steamy inside and we would get absolutely stuffed.
If I go to a restaurant on a Friday night, I'll just skip the clam chowder as the soup that accompanies the entree, and just eat a bowl of it for dinner. Love the stuff.
Never heard of geoduck.
Those clams were probably geoducks, Barbi. It's pronounced gooey-duck. They're delicious, but they're way more appetizing after somebody chops them up. At least, for me they are.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2014 Dec 1, 2012
Hello covcas, and all. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2015 Dec 2, 2012
Morning Lady covcas,
Could I please get some hot cocoa and bacon this morning? Thank you:-)

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#2016 Dec 2, 2012
Good morning, Lady Cov and all. Cov, get those earphones outa your ears and get to flinging flapjacks! Can't you see all these hungry mouths this morning? And droopy eyes from lack of caffeine?

Aww, go ahead and sleep in a while. We won't starve. Y'all have a good'n.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#2017 Dec 2, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
Morning Lady covcas,
Could I please get some hot cocoa and bacon this morning? Thank you:-)
Certainly. How are your feeling this morning? Better, I hope.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2018 Dec 2, 2012
Good morning Cov, Cat, NorCal, Perf and everyone.

I need hot chocolate. It's warm but damp here.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#2019 Dec 2, 2012
-CatCiao- wrote:
Hello covcas, and all. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend.
Hello, to you! Care for some coffee or a bite to eat?

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#2020 Dec 2, 2012
the perfessor wrote:
Good morning, Lady Cov and all. Cov, get those earphones outa your ears and get to flinging flapjacks! Can't you see all these hungry mouths this morning? And droopy eyes from lack of caffeine?
Aww, go ahead and sleep in a while. We won't starve. Y'all have a good'n.
Yep! Stayed up to late enjoying the music. Paying for it this morning, though. I'm still sleepy and just got around to making coffee. Sure glad I don't have anything to do today. You want some flapjacks this morning? I can sure fix you right up.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#2021 Dec 2, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
Now ya'll have me curious about the headphones~~
I've got to try them, too.
They were awesome. I can't put them on this morning--I won't be able to get anything done. I'll just sit here and listen all day. I sure had a good time, though. I was listening to anything I could think of, from Everly Bros to Rush, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Molly Hatchet. I was really blown away. And Randman had his special brownies. It was a great time.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#2022 Dec 2, 2012
I've got a burr this morning~~
I read my hometown newspaper on-line, have been doing it for several years now.
I was just informed, I have to sign up and pay to
read it, now.
Hell it had gotten so bad, a really poor publication, they should pay me to read it.
Yea right, like I'm going to give all that
personal info they're asking for...

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#2023 Dec 2, 2012
Bertie D wrote:
Good morning Cov, Cat, NorCal, Perf and everyone.
I need hot chocolate. It's warm but damp here.
Coming right up. Good morning Bertie!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#2024 Dec 2, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much. A bunch of stoners listening to Inagodadavida dancing in their underwear...
What's up with you?
Darn it KP! You told our secret! That was one I forgot to listen to. I'm not sure I could anymore. It's too long and sort of boring after you've heard it a few times. Iron Butterfly. Did they ever do anything after that one album?

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#2025 Dec 2, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Darn it KP! You told our secret! That was one I forgot to listen to. I'm not sure I could anymore. It's too long and sort of boring after you've heard it a few times. Iron Butterfly. Did they ever do anything after that one album?
I worked with a girl who thought Ina was some kind of anthem~~
But her favorite was Bob Dylan.
I thought I was going to start bleeding from my ears if I had to
hear Bob Dylan one more time...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2027 Dec 2, 2012
JaneDear wrote:
Hellooo.
I'll have one of Rand's brownies and a glass of milk to go , please.
Have a great night everyone.
Last time anyone got ahold of one of those brownies, 2 frito lays trucks and a hostess truck mysteriously disappeared.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#2029 Dec 2, 2012
Deannasfriend wrote:
Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great nights sleep because I sure didn't. I would like to have some fruit and cottage cheese with a cup of hot tea, read the newspaper and then take my tired butt back to bed.
Here you are. Good to see you this fine day. Relax and enjoy your Sunday. It is a day of rest, after all.

_RandMan_

Location hidden

#2030 Dec 2, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>They were awesome. I can't put them on this morning--I won't be able to get anything done. I'll just sit here and listen all day. I sure had a good time, though. I was listening to anything I could think of, from Everly Bros to Rush, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Molly Hatchet. I was really blown away. And Randman had his special brownies. It was a great time.
Morning Cov. Hi everybody! Did your ears get plenty of exercise last night, Cov? I guess I'd like my ususal please. Coffee, tomato juice, bacon and anything else that goes with bacon. A poached egg with corned beef hash sounds pretty good, actually. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone in Erie still believe I global warming (Feb '15) 38 min flbadcatowner 4
What is Trolling? (Feb '11) 54 min flbadcatowner 197
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 2 hr Princess Hey 5,181
24 M edger for gay male (skype) 18+ 4 hr Short long 2
Trump a joke for our country and Putin lives it 4 hr Chris 7
Synthetic marihuana 4 hr Candy 1
child support which parent is responsible ? 5 hr Laughing Out Loud... 4
More from around the web