Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#1947 Dec 1, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
AHA!!!
Encouraging Cov to keep hiding my gold stats and pretending you
don't know anything about it.
I see how you roll...
@@
Ruby I am so into the old stuff right now. Listening to Archie Bell and the Drells Tighten up. I love how they were dancing, but it's like a whole 'nother dimension with the head phones. I'm heading for some PF now.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1948 Dec 1, 2012
Time--PF. One of my favorites. I am just so in awe of how I hear the different sounds in either ear.

I'm like a kid in a candy store right about now. I have this cranked up as loud as I can and its so awesome. I just can't believe I never got myself a set of headphones before now.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#1949 Dec 1, 2012
Hellooo.

I'll have one of Rand's brownies and a glass of milk to go , please.

Have a great night everyone.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#1950 Dec 1, 2012
covcas wrote:
I'm wishing I had one of Ruby's pot-tarts about now. I'm sorry if I'm redundant, but I just can't believe how great the music sounds through a set of headphones. Bee Gees Nights on Broadway--you can just hear it differently through each ear. I may never move from my sofa and youtube today.
Do you want it heated?
That will be 75 cents, yesterday it was 50 cents~~

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1954 Dec 1, 2012
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Hi JaneDear. You're most welcome to a brownie, but, trust me, you won't be going anywhere!!
Hey there! I'm really into the PF now. I can see what the husband and I will be getting for Christmas. Headphones for everyone!

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#1955 Dec 1, 2012
(((ArtGal)))
I hope you're not having a bad day.
Please let us know how you are...

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1958 Dec 1, 2012
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Isn'tt it incredible what a difference a good set of headphones makes? The separation between the two ears makes it three dimensional. Kind of like standing right in the middle of the band.
I'm just all over the board now with tunes. It really is incredible. I've listened to old Simon and Garfunkel (I love them),Marvin Gaye, Pink Floyd and Genesis. I can see I need to invest in good headphones for me and the hubs for Christmas. I really had no idea the depth of sound I'd get. I just it was just a privacy thing so as not to bother others. Oh hell to the no! This is just been awesome. What would you suggest as a good quality, but not too terribly expensive set? There is just no comparison to the crappy speakers that are in our laptops to even this cheap set of Sony speakers I'm currently listening to. Although, they'll do. But Tony and I both love listening to music on our laptops. He's still got a LOT of vinyl that is awesome, but sometimes I like other stuff than his oldies. He has no Genesis, and if I asked him to put on my Bee Gees, he'd gag. LOL!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1960 Dec 1, 2012
Tony and I are both into Alice Cooper. When Buzz's dad came over for the first time we cranked this one up for him. I'm surprised he came back. His name is Stephen. Our granddaughter loves Alice, too. We taught her early! she used to say "if I could hear the Black widow one more time, I could go 50 miles". LOL--it was always on when we traveled.

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#1962 Dec 1, 2012
covcas wrote:
I am so jamming with a set of headphones on here this afternoon. I had no idea the sound could be so fine from my laptop. I'm now into some Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell. Ain't no Mountain high enough. I'm so old, but this is what was popular when I was in high school. I'm dancing around and just loving this. If you don't see me for a while, I'm just zoning out to some music.
I think you've gone Tom Cruise in Risky Business.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1963 Dec 1, 2012
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Know what, Cov? There are so many good headphones available. You don't have to spend a ton of money either. You can buy great ones for under $100. Headphones, along with a digital format, are just about as perfect a sound as you can get. Have you heard things you never noticed before? That's what I always appreciate. It's the subtle nuances that make headphones so awesome.
Yes, I'm noticing it now. I was just told to not buy headphones as that's what Kristen and her husband want to give us both for Christmas. I'm so excited. I'm listening to Alice Cooper now. Amazing sound coming through each ear. I may never leave this sofa and the tunes I can listen to. Stephen is the baby's daddy and I love that song Steven by Alice. We played it full blast from an album on Tony's stereo the first time he came over. I'm surprised he ever came back. I am just amazed at the sound coming through both ears at this point. We're so into the old stuff==PF, Alice, Rush,, ELP, etc. I may never get to sleep tonight with all this stuff going on in my head.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1965 Dec 1, 2012
Now I'm listening to Rush. Working Man. I slept through 3 concerts. How the hell did that happen? Drugs and alcohol were not involved, either. Where was my head? Also slept through ELP and a Frank Zappa concert. Hey, I have an excuse for the Zappa concert. We'd driven 8 hrs from FL back to ATL and then went to the concert. But I did wake up at one point and it was awesome. Husband slept through one concert, but he was sick (yeah, that's his excuse and he's sticking to it).

-Kevin-
Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#1966 Dec 1, 2012
There are bands that still know how to play. They just don't make the top 40.

Most people only cares about the song structure.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1967 Dec 1, 2012
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Headphones will definitely spoil you. You like Rush? Wow! Me too! Can that dude play guitar or what? I like the old stuff as well. They could actually play instruments back then.
This is one of my favorites by them. Amazing what sound 3 people could produce.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1968 Dec 1, 2012
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Headphones will definitely spoil you. You like Rush? Wow! Me too! Can that dude play guitar or what? I like the old stuff as well. They could actually play instruments back then.
My husband taught me to appreciate them. Now I really love them. I just posted one of my favorites==Witch Hunt. Now I'm going to listen to the 2112 album. These headphones are amazing. LOL--how many times have I said that today? But to hear the stuff from right speaker to left and then in between is so f'n awesome, And I don't usually say that. Here I am--almost 62 yrs old and just now finding out how cool a decent (or even cheap for all I know) headphones can make the music I love sound. And the meek shall inherit the earth!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1969 Dec 1, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
There are bands that still know how to play. They just don't make the top 40.
Most people only cares about the song structure.
Some of the old guys made the best music. I'm just so amazed at the difference in sound I'm hearing through headphones. I'm literally blown away. And all the oldies that I love from the 60's are just sounding so totally different (and better) to me. Amazing. I know I sound like a little kid here today, but I just can't get over it. I really had no idea. I thought headphones just let you listen to stuff in private. I did not know they could give you the depth that I'm listening to. Wish I'd known this months ago. Come on you young guys. Help us old farts out!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1972 Dec 1, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've gone Tom Cruise in Risky Business.
Not quite! I'm not dancing in my underwear----yet!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1973 Dec 1, 2012
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>You'll wonder how you ever liked music before. Sometimes it will seem as if an instrument is behind you, or in front of you, or even above you. Sometimes the sound engineers like to make things swirl around you in circles. It's a world of wonder.
I'm getting that. I had no idea. I thought the headphones would just be so I could listen to my stuff without others hearing it. I have been blown away today. Even my favorite oldies (Simon and Garfunkel) are awesome through these. I'm going to pull up some old Elvis here in a minute. Yep--I'm that old.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#1974 Dec 1, 2012
I can even get into this one. Stand up and hold my lighter up high.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#1976 Dec 1, 2012
Hey everyone!! What's happening?

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#1977 Dec 1, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite! I'm not dancing in my underwear----yet!
Have another Randbrownie...you will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snapchat me ladies :) 15 min gt1racer3 11
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 45 min -Sprocket- 4,319
Please everyone read this especially black people 17 hr Not really 8
Word association game (Sep '12) 18 hr Calisportsgirl 1,584
Gay Guys SC 20 hr Runingboi 32
Frustrated, cannot breath because of bullying, ... 22 hr Have faith in God 11
How many girls like deepthroating and swallowing. Wed North Mountain 5
More from around the web