Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

--Rickster--

“Summer at the lake.”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#18728 Mar 5, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> From what they were showing, it looked like it stretched from SF all the way down past LA. Bad thing about it raining so hard is that the dry ground can't absorb it fast enough. We've had a couple like that here.
I'm a little N.E. of SF. It rained hard, but nothing out of the ordinary. I know they got hit pretty hard further south.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#18729 Mar 5, 2014
--Rickster-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little N.E. of SF. It rained hard, but nothing out of the ordinary. I know they got hit pretty hard further south.
Glad you're ok. I'm taking my youngest granddaughter to OR when I go. LOL--I'm a glutton for punishment, going through the ATL with 2 kids in tow. She's 13, though, so she'll be more help than hindrance (she says optimistically). They extended school for 3 days to make up for the snow days here, but that still puts them out the week of Memorial Day. I may extend our stay for 3 days just to make up for it.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

United States

#18730 Mar 5, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> From what they were showing, it looked like it stretched from SF all the way down past LA. Bad thing about it raining so hard is that the dry ground can't absorb it fast enough. We've had a couple like that here.
The main branch of the neighbors pepper tree crash landed. I miss is already. Being on a hillside, it blocked the view of a heavily traveled street (and the noise).

good morning!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18731 Mar 5, 2014
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
The main branch of the neighbors pepper tree crash landed. I miss is already. Being on a hillside, it blocked the view of a heavily traveled street (and the noise).
good morning!
Yikes! Hope your home is safe. Care for some Kona?

--Rickster--

“Summer at the lake.”

Location hidden

#18732 Mar 5, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> Glad you're ok. I'm taking my youngest granddaughter to OR when I go. LOL--I'm a glutton for punishment, going through the ATL with 2 kids in tow. She's 13, though, so she'll be more help than hindrance (she says optimistically). They extended school for 3 days to make up for the snow days here, but that still puts them out the week of Memorial Day. I may extend our stay for 3 days just to make up for it.
I was thinking maybe we would pass each other on the road we I head back to my summer place in Illinois. I'll be leaving a little later this year though. I have to stick around for a wedding before I head back.

I will be in Georgia later this year. Maybe I'll have to swing by for some of your famous cookies.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18733 Mar 5, 2014
--Rickster-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking maybe we would pass each other on the road we I head back to my summer place in Illinois. I'll be leaving a little later this year though. I have to stick around for a wedding before I head back.
I will be in Georgia later this year. Maybe I'll have to swing by for some of your famous cookies.
Come on by. Maybe I'll fix you a real RR for breakfast.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#18734 Mar 5, 2014
Hey all.

Well the temps were above freezing today and the ice has melted !! Woo hoo. Although it was pretty hanging on those limbs and twigs.

Cov , I'm making some coffee wish I had some of those wonderful cookies. Yumo!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18735 Mar 5, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
Hey all.
Well the temps were above freezing today and the ice has melted !! Woo hoo. Although it was pretty hanging on those limbs and twigs.
Cov , I'm making some coffee wish I had some of those wonderful cookies. Yumo!
I need to get busy and bake some more. I've been lazy about baking lately. Guess now that I'm not so stressed, I don't need the stress-relief that baking always gives me. LOL--I thought I'd be baking more once I retired.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#18736 Mar 5, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I need to get busy and bake some more. I've been lazy about baking lately. Guess now that I'm not so stressed, I don't need the stress-relief that baking always gives me. LOL--I thought I'd be baking more once I retired.
You have been doing other things and your baking will pick back up. Those cookies were the best EVER , both kinds !!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18737 Mar 5, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been doing other things and your baking will pick back up. Those cookies were the best EVER , both kinds !!
Well, thank you. I have been doing a lot of different stuff--so glad I've got the time to do it. I still have to get my eyes checked. I've made 3 different appts and had to cancel them because other stuff came up. But it's something I just need to make the time to do.

--Rickster--

“Summer at the lake.”

Location hidden

#18738 Mar 5, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> Come on by. Maybe I'll fix you a real RR for breakfast.
I'll PM you in the fall and see if we can make it happen.

Is it Tony that likes the occasional cigar, or was that Curly. I'm old, I can't remember.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18739 Mar 6, 2014
--Rickster-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll PM you in the fall and see if we can make it happen.
Is it Tony that likes the occasional cigar, or was that Curly. I'm old, I can't remember.
Tony enjoys one on occasion. That would be fun.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#18740 Mar 6, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> Tony enjoys one on occasion. That would be fun.
Fun is good!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18741 Mar 6, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Fun is good!
Hi Ricky! I'm always up for some fun.

--Rickster--

“Summer at the lake.”

Location hidden

#18742 Mar 6, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> Tony enjoys one on occasion. That would be fun.
It won't be until late October or early November. Every year since retiring I've done something on my way back from Illinois. The first year was Mount Rushmore. Last year was the Grand Canyon. This year it's zip lines. New York has the longest one in the country. I don't really want to travel that far north east during that time of year. Georgia has the second longest one. Also, I have a buddy that just retired there and I'm going to spend a few days at his place.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18743 Mar 6, 2014
--Rickster-- wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be until late October or early November. Every year since retiring I've done something on my way back from Illinois. The first year was Mount Rushmore. Last year was the Grand Canyon. This year it's zip lines. New York has the longest one in the country. I don't really want to travel that far north east during that time of year. Georgia has the second longest one. Also, I have a buddy that just retired there and I'm going to spend a few days at his place.
Cool. It's neat that you'll get to spend time with an old buddy. Hopefully we'll be having some of our gorgeous fall weather then. Looks like Ms. Ruby could get a little "winter mix" late tonight/early tomorrow. This has been an unusual winter in that respect.

--Rickster--

“Summer at the lake.”

Location hidden

#18744 Mar 6, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> Cool. It's neat that you'll get to spend time with an old buddy. Hopefully we'll be having some of our gorgeous fall weather then. Looks like Ms. Ruby could get a little "winter mix" late tonight/early tomorrow. This has been an unusual winter in that respect.
Yeah, the weather has been weird everywhere this year.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18745 Mar 6, 2014
--Rickster-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the weather has been weird everywhere this year.
True. I was talking to some friends of mine in NJ the other day and it was only 12 degrees there and lots of snow on the ground. Hard to believe it's March already and still so darn cold here. I saw this the other day. It was a cartoon of a weather man and he was saying this: Tomorrow will be sunny and 75 degrees with freezing rain and a foot of snow followed by record with icing conditions and a 95% chance that your guess is as good as mine"

Think that about says it all

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18746 Mar 6, 2014
Darn! That was supposed to say "record heat with icing conditions". I hate it when I can't copy and paste and have to type it all myself. I always leave out an important word.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#18747 Mar 6, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Ricky! I'm always up for some fun.
I have to be careful, to much fun and my head will explode! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
roadside assistance near me 3 hr Jennifer 1
Bi/Gay Skype 3 hr harry 23
Shy girl 15 yrs old 4 hr North Mountain 16
See How Likable You Are By Getting Bid On - Auc... 4 hr bidmoi 1
I need men's opinion please! 4 hr North Mountain 26
Use your Capitalist Power over the NFL 4 hr North Mountain 9
Long Distance Relationship 4 hr North Mountain 2
More from around the web