Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sweeny, TX

#18038 Jan 1, 2014
Now I'm getting adds for roasters LOL.
I want one!
I guess that buffet thing is sold separately.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#18040 Jan 1, 2014
JaneDear wrote:
Now I'm getting adds for roasters LOL.
I want one!
I guess that buffet thing is sold separately.
lol, me too. They're all over my page.
I have the old fashioned Westinghouse. Anyway, a few years back I was faced with preparing a prime rib roast for the first time - for company. I had a huge cut and felt helpless. Heated up the roaster, put that piece of meat in there on a rack, turned down the heat and just let it cook itself. Meanwhile, I used the oven for my baked potatoes. The dinner was a success. I highly recommend them. They do take up a lot of room on your kitchen counter, but then you store it elsewhere when you're done using it.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#18041 Jan 1, 2014
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Happy year to you too, Cov!
http://www.sears.com/nesco-18-qt-ivory-white-...
This is for future reference...personally, I love Rickster's Weber method, but only if someone else is doing it!
An electric roaster is a Godsend, especially when you're doing a big dinner. I love mine.
A couple of months ago, I gave one of my daughters my Mother's old Westinghouse roaster. I would be willing to bet that it is 40-45 yrs.old. Mother has cooked many turkeys, hams, etc. in that thing. It still does an excellent job; the porcelain just isn't as pretty and bright as it once was. My daughter did an excellent job with it over the holidays, too. Y'all have a good'n.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#18042 Jan 1, 2014
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>A couple of months ago, I gave one of my daughters my Mother's old Westinghouse roaster. I would be willing to bet that it is 40-45 yrs.old. Mother has cooked many turkeys, hams, etc. in that thing. It still does an excellent job; the porcelain just isn't as pretty and bright as it once was. My daughter did an excellent job with it over the holidays, too. Y'all have a good'n.
Yes! That's exactly what I have. The old cord is getting frayed, so I have to watch that.
Also I inherited my mother-in-law's old electric frying pan. I use it for frying bacon and pork chops. Nice, even heat. Those old kitchen appliances are marvelous!

“Dads Cow Force”

Location hidden

#18043 Jan 2, 2014
Hello Ladies and Gents . I will drop in when I have more time .

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

#18044 Jan 2, 2014
Sir Moos a Lot wrote:
OMG!!!! You have been missed!!

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#18045 Jan 2, 2014
Sir Moos a Lot wrote:
Will that be when Hades freezes over? LOL--so good to see you.

“Dads Cow Force”

Location hidden

#18046 Jan 4, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> Will that be when Hades freezes over? LOL--so good to see you.
Get ya patudy outa the bed Ims hungry . Have ya forget my reg order or do I need to refresh ya mind . Let Buzz cut the biscuits an your better half can get the coffee going . Morning Cov .

#18047 Jan 4, 2014
*yawn*

Morning Dad. Did you make coffee? First one here makes coffee since cov retired.

She will be around when she crawls out of bed. Ruby hasn't been around in ages, I think the aholes ran her off.

Here have a day old bear claw

“Dads Cow Force”

Location hidden

#18048 Jan 4, 2014
DazzleDat wrote:
*yawn*
Morning Dad. Did you make coffee? First one here makes coffee since cov retired.
She will be around when she crawls out of bed. Ruby hasn't been around in ages, I think the aholes ran her off.
Here have a day old bear claw
Morning Dazz , I made coffee an that bear claw got soft when I dunked it in my coffee Thanks .

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18049 Jan 4, 2014
Sir Moos a Lot wrote:
<quoted text>Get ya patudy outa the bed Ims hungry . Have ya forget my reg order or do I need to refresh ya mind . Let Buzz cut the biscuits an your better half can get the coffee going . Morning Cov .
Good morning, mr cheerful! I've been up for hours. The grands are coming over today so I've got cooking to do. Here's your coffee, the biscuits will be ready in a minute, and I've got your red eye gravy and country ham, too. And I didn't forget the sugar.

You've been gone so long, I thought you'd done a hook up on FarmersOnly.com and had finally found a friend with benefits to help warm these cold nights.

“Dads Cow Force”

Location hidden

#18050 Jan 4, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning, mr cheerful! I've been up for hours. The grands are coming over today so I've got cooking to do. Here's your coffee, the biscuits will be ready in a minute, and I've got your red eye gravy and country ham, too. And I didn't forget the sugar.
You've been gone so long, I thought you'd done a hook up on FarmersOnly.com and had finally found a friend with benefits to help warm these cold nights.
YEAAAAAA HAWWWW.

Tell all my neices an nephews I wubs um . I set up a farmers only account and did my first search .
It came back with Sorry no women to match to your profile and Please dont come back as we will never have a Match for you and your Profile has been deleted and your IP number BLOCKED

#18052 Jan 4, 2014
Cov I just saw today's menu. What time do I need to be there?

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18053 Jan 4, 2014
DazzleDat wrote:
Cov I just saw today's menu. What time do I need to be there?
Around noon. I love making the soup in the crock pot. I don't like cutting up or even touching velveeta--there's something sort of ewww about it, but it sure does do well in the soup. Put on a double batch so there should be plenty. Don't know what to work on next--probably the dump cake, and will get the pigs in blankets started while the cake is baking. I made some sausage balls at Christmas where I used cream cheese, but they were messy to make. So I may just go back to the old tried and true. The kids only nibble when they come over so I'm not doing a big meal.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18054 Jan 4, 2014
Sir Moos a Lot wrote:
<quoted text>YEAAAAAA HAWWWW.
Tell all my neices an nephews I wubs um . I set up a farmers only account and did my first search .
It came back with Sorry no women to match to your profile and Please dont come back as we will never have a Match for you and your Profile has been deleted and your IP number BLOCKED
I love it when all the grands are here. Makes for a fun time. Buzz and Tony still need to get his train set up downstairs. I want to see it run, too. My oldest grandson wanted some Aerosmith or Pink Floyd cd's--I got him a couple of Aerosmith since I think his mom was going to get the Pink Floyd. I'll let him put them on the Bose and we'll have some tunes going on.
Who's picture did you use for your account? You know you're supposed to put up a fake one so all the wommins will be wanting you.

#18055 Jan 4, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> Around noon. I love making the soup in the crock pot. I don't like cutting up or even touching velveeta--there's something sort of ewww about it, but it sure does do well in the soup. Put on a double batch so there should be plenty. Don't know what to work on next--probably the dump cake, and will get the pigs in blankets started while the cake is baking. I made some sausage balls at Christmas where I used cream cheese, but they were messy to make. So I may just go back to the old tried and true. The kids only nibble when they come over so I'm not doing a big meal.
I read that unflavored dental floss is easy and quick for cutting velveeta. I saw that sausage ball recipe on fb and wondered about the creme cheese.

I love broccoli cheese soup but never made it. Is it easy?

I just realized something. I am a member of a group on FB that shares grilling and smoker recipes. When you get your smoker let me know. The guy that runs it loves sharing recipes and posts pictures of his food.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18056 Jan 4, 2014
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that unflavored dental floss is easy and quick for cutting velveeta. I saw that sausage ball recipe on fb and wondered about the creme cheese.
I love broccoli cheese soup but never made it. Is it easy?
I just realized something. I am a member of a group on FB that shares grilling and smoker recipes. When you get your smoker let me know. The guy that runs it loves sharing recipes and posts pictures of his food.
Yeah, the soup is really easy. 1 lb velveeta (cubed), 1 10 oz pkg chopped broccoli (don't thaw it), 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1 1/4 cup milk. Throw everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours. I stir it about once an hour just to blend the cheese in. If you like minced onion, it says to saute them in butter first, but we don't like onion in our soup.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18057 Jan 4, 2014
That's frozen chopped broccoli--I left out a word.

#18059 Jan 4, 2014
Morning Rickster!! Rot anything fun planned this weekend?

#18060 Jan 4, 2014
Got plans not rot.

I am not doing too good typing left handed. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Olive Hill Mayor 1 hr Country Slicker 1
What is Trolling? (Feb '11) 4 hr SplasH 195
When you were sick did you ever hear or dream a... 4 hr North Mountain 5
Is Pence the AntiChrist? 4 hr flbadcatowner 7
Trump a joke for our country and Putin lives it 8 hr FireyFellow44 6
Money currency do I have a bill worth tons? Tue North Mountain 3
child support which parent is responsible ? Tue FireyFellow44 1
More from around the web