Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#18012 Dec 30, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Ok cov I got your Chuck E survival kit.
*puts backpack on table*
smelling salts, police baton, throwing stars, handcuffs, mace, 357 smith & wesson, extra ammo, candy, tokens and flash grenades.
Yep--I think I'll need all that.!

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#18014 Dec 30, 2013
--Rickster- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, big rivalry here too. Same with KC and SD. Raider fans are fun to tailgate with and party during the game. Now, if the team would cooperate, that would be great.
Yep, I sold the KC game for 3X face value and today's game for 4X face value. That's the benefit of having 50 yard line tix. It sure as heck isn't to watch the games. Not for the past 11 years anyway. The good news is, I sold 5 games and paid for next year's tix. I hope that's a good thing. LOL
That's what I figured. It seems like all the AFC west teams have a good rivalry regardless of the records. Are you hoping they keep your coach or fire him? I haven't seen a lot but it seems like he hasn't had a lot to work with.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#18016 Dec 31, 2013
Ms Cov and fellow Diners .....

Wishing each of you a Happy New Year !

The Best of Best for all in 2014 !:)

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#18018 Dec 31, 2013
Let's get this party started ......

http://youtu.be/3pzaOwax6Fc

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#18019 Dec 31, 2013
Hmmm I have it on good aurhority that covcas is out having a great time with Buzz and that Chuck E Cheese isn't her only destination. I bet she's getting party decorations for a NYE bash
Rose of Tralee

Rancho Mirage, CA

#18020 Dec 31, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> One cup of Kona, coming right up. Yes, my older sister and her husband just recently bought a home in Palm Springs. They've wintered there for many years, and finally decided that's where they want to be year round.
Hope their new home or situation (lots of those out here) comes with a pool. Don't let them talk you into visiting in the summer lol. Yesterday we went hiking on Cahuilla reservation lands. A few canyons loaded with native palms (where water comes down from the high mountains.) About one of the most beautiful places I've been - and I've been to a lot of beautiful places.

We're staying at a friends place. It's a 55 and up mobile home village that he inherited from his father. Swimming pool, country club, activites....yeah, I can see wanting to retire out here. It won't be too long before I qualify

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18021 Dec 31, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Hmmm I have it on good aurhority that covcas is out having a great time with Buzz and that Chuck E Cheese isn't her only destination. I bet she's getting party decorations for a NYE bash
LOL--dropped the guys off at Chuck E's and me and Kristen went shopping! Lots of stores in the same area as Chuck's. We hit Pier I imports, Michael's and Kohl's. Woo hoo--bath towels normally 10 were on sale for 3! I got 6 bath towels and 6 hand towels for $30! The boys had a great father/son day and everyone had a good time. Couldn't seem to get waited on at Home Depot, so no smoker, and no new microwave. Their loss! I was ready to spend the money, too. But I'm draggin' now. We hit WalMart on the way home--got Buzz 3 DVD's for $3 each. He wanted the Lord of the Rings ones.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18022 Dec 31, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope their new home or situation (lots of those out here) comes with a pool. Don't let them talk you into visiting in the summer lol. Yesterday we went hiking on Cahuilla reservation lands. A few canyons loaded with native palms (where water comes down from the high mountains.) About one of the most beautiful places I've been - and I've been to a lot of beautiful places.
We're staying at a friends place. It's a 55 and up mobile home village that he inherited from his father. Swimming pool, country club, activites....yeah, I can see wanting to retire out here. It won't be too long before I qualify
Their home in Oregon was in the mountains and was a beautiful place. But I won't be going to CA anytime soon--I don't like to fly. I'd love to drive there, though. Sis and her husband love to socialize and they both play golf, so they're happy.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

NOT about each other!

#18023 Dec 31, 2013
Hello, Lady Cov and all that frequent the Diner. Hope everyone stays safe tonight, and I wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous new year in 2014. And that goes for Geezer Ruby, for sure, also. Y'all have a good'n.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18024 Dec 31, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Hello, Lady Cov and all that frequent the Diner. Hope everyone stays safe tonight, and I wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous new year in 2014. And that goes for Geezer Ruby, for sure, also. Y'all have a good'n.
Howdy to you, perfessor. Stay healthy and sane in the new year!

#18025 Dec 31, 2013
I miss Ruby.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18027 Jan 1, 2014
Good morning and Happy New Year! Going to be a wonderful year.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#18029 Jan 1, 2014
Afternoon all .

I watched the Rose Parade and those floats were beautiful . I would so love to go see the parade in person , that would be awesome !! It's on my bucket list .. So maybe one year I can cross it off as " done ".!!

#18031 Jan 1, 2014
Hatti I'm like you I want to go to the Rose Bowl parade too. My hubby has been to a Rose Bowl game. It was one of the years the Huskies played. Probably the one in the early 90's.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18032 Jan 1, 2014
I didn't watch any of it. Been watching a deadly women marathon. Those gals be crazy! I had to turn it off--the last one 2 sisters killed someone in France (don't know what year it was), but one gal got life at hard labor and the other got death by guillotine! Gruesome. There's also a Rose Festival parade in Portland every year in June. Gorgeous! They celebrate with a whole week of festivities. Each high school nominates a Rose Princess and then one of those will be crowned Queen. The fleet comes in that week, too, and you can tour some of the ships--big fair down along the river. Ah, one day I'll go home for that again.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18033 Jan 1, 2014
Ruby, Ruby, Ruby!!!! Where is my partner in crime? It's the New Year and we have devilishness to get into. I feel like I've lost my compatriot of snark, the essence of catty. Come out, come out wherever you are.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#18034 Jan 1, 2014
Happy new year to the Diner crowd!
Cov, I'm too late on this but nothing beats the old fashioned (and you can buy them new, too) electric roaster!
I've used one to turn out a perfect prime rib.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18035 Jan 1, 2014
Barbi A wrote:
Happy new year to the Diner crowd!
Cov, I'm too late on this but nothing beats the old fashioned (and you can buy them new, too) electric roaster!
I've used one to turn out a perfect prime rib.
Oh it turned out fantastic the way I did it. Hope you have a fantastic 2014!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#18036 Jan 1, 2014
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> Oh it turned out fantastic the way I did it. Hope you have a fantastic 2014!
Happy year to you too, Cov!
http://www.sears.com/nesco-18-qt-ivory-white-...

This is for future reference...personally, I love Rickster's Weber method, but only if someone else is doing it!
An electric roaster is a Godsend, especially when you're doing a big dinner. I love mine.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#18037 Jan 1, 2014
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Happy year to you too, Cov!
http://www.sears.com/nesco-18-qt-ivory-white-...
This is for future reference...personally, I love Rickster's Weber method, but only if someone else is doing it!
An electric roaster is a Godsend, especially when you're doing a big dinner. I love mine.
I've been reminiscening on FB. Posting pictures from my high school days. Having a blast while doing it, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll How often do you 'check in' on Topix forums? (Oct '07) 1 hr domineque 1,619
I SEND NUDES FOR FUN KIKME@ hazeliciouzzz 3 hr hazeliciouzzz 1
Julie Thomas Berkemo's Hotel ADA Information 4 hr North Mountain 8
Creating a forum? ... right... 4 hr North Mountain 8
Trade vids 5 hr tommurtha 2
Why do afrocentrics accuse whites of being cave... 11 hr Seduciary 2
make americ great again 23 hr holy 2
More from around the web