Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#16819 Nov 5, 2013
Oops...I meant "Hi" diner folks...

*sips more spiked coffee*

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#16820 Nov 5, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
I diner folks!
Ate some pumpkin pancakes at Mimi's yesterday and they tasted burnt. They tried to mask the taste by covering them with cooked apple slices.
Anyone here like pumpkin pancakes? I'll stick with the pie! lol
IHOP serves them during the fall season. They sound good, but I know someone who tried to make them and wasn't satisfied with the results. I bought a 6 pack of Pumpkin Ale--took a sip of a bottle and poured it out. Was not to my liking, but the husband will drink one now and then. Nothing I would buy again, though. Pumpkin pies, sweet potato casserole, corn bread dressing--I love this time of year.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#16821 Nov 5, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>IHOP serves them during the fall season. They sound good, but I know someone who tried to make them and wasn't satisfied with the results. I bought a 6 pack of Pumpkin Ale--took a sip of a bottle and poured it out. Was not to my liking, but the husband will drink one now and then. Nothing I would buy again, though. Pumpkin pies, sweet potato casserole, corn bread dressing--I love this time of year.
Pumpkin ale? I've never heard of it. I do like pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread, with lots of nuts, heated and slathered with butter.
I remember Mom roasting pumpkin seeds. They were so good!
I read somewhere the average person gains 10 lbs. during our holiday season. I couldn't care less! Bring on the dressing and goodies!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16822 Nov 5, 2013
Junket started it...

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#16823 Nov 5, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Junket started it...
LOL!!!. Did you get the floors mopped? Wanna borrow my swiffer? Morty won't mind.
Starbucks

Phoenix, AZ

#16824 Nov 5, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Pumpkin ale? I've never heard of it. I do like pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread, with lots of nuts, heated and slathered with butter.
I read somewhere the average person gains 10 lbs. during our holiday season. I couldn't care less! Bring on the dressing and goodies!
How about pumpkin spice chai? My fav combination is 4 pumps each of chai and pumpkin spice and vanilla soy.
I prefer it iced. Yum ;)

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#16825 Nov 5, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Pumpkin ale? I've never heard of it. I do like pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread, with lots of nuts, heated and slathered with butter.
Any kind of bread slathered with butter is good. Pumpkin bread, banana nut bread--I've even made a cherry bread loaded with lots of maraschino cherries and nuts. It was fantastic. I'm loving having lots of time to get into the baking thing. Homemade cinnamon rolls and sticky buns are on the agenda. They just seem to be a Fall/Winter kind of thing for me. I used to make cinnamon rolls for our Christmas eve "light" dinner. It was long a tradition to have cinnamon rolls and sausage patties on Christmas eve, then we headed upstairs, where my two sisters and I play Christmas carols and kept ourselves entertained for an hour or so. Santa would come then, and we'd head downstairs to open presents. Once we went to be for the night, Santa came again to fill our stockings. See--that was the benefit of living in Oregon. We got hit on his way down to everyone else, and again on his way home. And always on Christmas eve my dad would say "Oh, I forgot something". He'd go downstairs and bring up a box of chocolate covered cherries for the three of us, plus our mom. Such great memories.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#16826 Nov 5, 2013
Hey everyone!! Don't even ask me to clean the restrooms. I have to stay clear of germs. My daughter in law has had two emergency surgeries in a 5 week period. She is finally home but has a PICC line for daily IV antibiotics so we need to be uber careful with germs. Anything new going on?

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16827 Nov 5, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!!. Did you get the floors mopped? Wanna borrow my swiffer? Morty won't mind.
Cov~~
We've been living in a fool's paradise...

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#16828 Nov 5, 2013
Starbucks wrote:
<quoted text>
How about pumpkin spice chai? My fav combination is 4 pumps each of chai and pumpkin spice and vanilla soy.
I prefer it iced. Yum ;)
I'm with you on that one! I love the chai, but much prefer it on ice.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16829 Nov 5, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Hey everyone!! Don't even ask me to clean the restrooms. I have to stay clear of germs. My daughter in law has had two emergency surgeries in a 5 week period. She is finally home but has a PICC line for daily IV antibiotics so we need to be uber careful with germs. Anything new going on?
I have my bathroom cleaning skills down to an art at the
diner.
Wet dry vac, garden hose, Steam Away(as seen on tv)
and a case of johnny blocks.
Last but not least, the timed air spritzer thing pumping
out gardenia and poi flower in huge clouds.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#16830 Nov 5, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Cov~~
We've been living in a fool's paradise...
So true. I just can't get up on those chairs and that mop bucket is way too heavy for me. Tony and I will be dancing tomorrow when we clean the hardwood floor and the kitchen. I think I have every swiffer product that's ever hit the market! Morty just looks at me!

#16831 Nov 5, 2013
Did y'all know Morty and Lee are a real couple? They were on Ellen.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16832 Nov 5, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>So true. I just can't get up on those chairs and that mop bucket is way too heavy for me. Tony and I will be dancing tomorrow when we clean the hardwood floor and the kitchen. I think I have every swiffer product that's ever hit the market! Morty just looks at me!
Cleaning ceiling fans are the pits~~
We have eight of them in our house.

You guessed it~~Curlie found a good deal on Hunter Fans
a few years back.

At least they're nice looking Hunter Fans, quiet and guaranteed
for life.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#16833 Nov 5, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
They're so cute! I just want to grow old with my husband and be like them. She's so tiny!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16834 Nov 5, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
I saw them and they're adorable together.
Ellen always seems to have something funny
or uplifting on her show.
Nice to have a talk show that doesn't exploit
others' dirty laundry for ratings.

#16835 Nov 5, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>They're so cute! I just want to grow old with my husband and be like them. She's so tiny!
After seeing them on Ellen I like that commercial more. They are so cute. I hope my hubby and I are like them too.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#16836 Nov 5, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
After seeing them on Ellen I like that commercial more. They are so cute. I hope my hubby and I are like them too.
I always crack up when she says "Morty--are you listening?" And I so relate to her trying to get on a chair to clean things. I've been banned from standing on chairs since I got on one several years ago to try to find something in my kitchen cabinet, fell off and shattered my wrist. I really cringe when I see her trying that. And I'm about 30 years younger than she is. I agree, they are just cute as hell, and so in love! Hope to be that way after 44 years of marriage. Can't imagine why we wouldn't be, though.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#16837 Nov 5, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw them and they're adorable together.
Ellen always seems to have something funny
or uplifting on her show.
Nice to have a talk show that doesn't exploit
others' dirty laundry for ratings.
I love it when Ellen dances! We've loved her for years since we first saw her on tv doing one of her skits. She's hilairious.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16838 Nov 6, 2013
I'm going to have a fund raiser this morning at
the diner.
Maybe I can get back in good graces with peeps after yesterday's temper tantrum.

Here's the deal:

All you can eat pancakes, with Jimmy Dean sausage
patties.
You get three silver dollar size pancakes~because
that is all you can eat by my estimations.
ONE sausage patty.
It's going to a good cause, I just haven't thought
one up yet...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 2 hr _Susan_ 5,461
Chat? 4 hr Talk 1
What is Trolling? (Feb '11) 4 hr _Susan_ 230
Name Three Things (Aug '12) 8 hr Soar 2,263
Legit voter 10 hr Legit voter 1
Boy clothing 18 hr Night_driver 3
woman wants Virgins 18 hr Night_driver 3
More from around the web