“Peace be with you”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Good will to all!

#16171 Oct 3, 2013
covcas wrote:
Has anyone heard what Tom Clancy died from? All I can find is that he was in the hospital.
Greetings Lady Cov and fellow diners!

I tried to read Tom Clancy (may he rest in peace), but gave up. Too many characters? Happens. I cannot get past chapter 3 of Margaret Atwood's latest offering. I have a 3 chapter rule - if I don't get into it at that point, it's not for me.

Back to Mr. Clancy ... I find it a little disturbing that a 66 year old man died following a "brief illness". Perhaps the reason is not for public consumption?

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#16172 Oct 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to read Tom Clancy (may he rest in peace), but gave up. Too many characters? Happens. I cannot get past chapter 3 of Margaret Atwood's latest offering. I have a 3 chapter rule - if I don't get into it at that point, it's not for me.
Back to Mr. Clancy ... I find it a little disturbing that a 66 year old man died following a "brief illness". Perhaps the reason is not for public consumption?
I remember when Oprah was singing praises for Toni Morrison~~
I guess I just didn't get it, and could never finish any of
her books.

“The odd couple ”

Since: Jun 09

Hookerville, GA

#16173 Oct 3, 2013
Avatar change time again. LOL--when I first got this one, I thought it could be me, Ruby and Mousie, but upon closer inspection, I see that it's Dad, the Perf and Rickster.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16174 Oct 3, 2013
covcas wrote:
Avatar change time again. LOL--when I first got this one, I thought it could be me, Ruby and Mousie, but upon closer inspection, I see that it's Dad, the Perf and Rickster.
I want to see an avatar with you using your cigarette
holder, dahling....

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#16175 Oct 3, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think I ever read anything by him either, but I did see the movied The Hunt for Red October which was from one of his books.
Good evening, diner flies!

Ms. Mouse ... respect... for your courage and grit. Laughing at the hilarity of topix threads is good medicine.

I've never gotten around to reading Clancy novels, but have seen Hunt for Red October and the two with Harrison Ford -- Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger. The latter two were OK. Red October I enjoyed the best.

“The odd couple ”

Hookerville, GA

#16176 Oct 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Junket! How good to "see" you here. Sorry I just about missed this. Did you grab a few cookies while you were here?

“The odd couple ”

Hookerville, GA

#16177 Oct 3, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to see an avatar with you using your cigarette
holder, dahling....
I'll have to see what I can find. I will look so elegant, I'm sure. Woo Hoo -- shopping online at Tiffany's tonight. Maybe I'll find one there. They have some cute jewelry in there 1837 collection that's not too expensive. I looked at some watches, too. All I can say is I'm glad I don't need one.$165K for one of them. LOL--even if I had that kind of money, I doubt I'd spend it on a watch. But it's fun to look at that kind of stuff.

“The odd couple ”

Hookerville, GA

#16178 Oct 3, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening, diner flies!
Ms. Mouse ... respect... for your courage and grit. Laughing at the hilarity of topix threads is good medicine.
I've never gotten around to reading Clancy novels, but have seen Hunt for Red October and the two with Harrison Ford -- Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger. The latter two were OK. Red October I enjoyed the best.
Wasn't Sean Connery in Red October? I think he's very handsome. More so as he has gotten older. Loved him in the one with Catherine Zeta-Jones (my memory has gone and I can't recall the name of that movie).

“Peace be with you”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Good will to all!

#16179 Oct 3, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when Oprah was singing praises for Toni Morrison~~
I guess I just didn't get it, and could never finish any of
her books.
Yes, well Oprah holds some things close to her heart and I guess I cannot fault her. Disappointed that she left a popular talk show to go off and do what? "Oxygen"? I wonder if that's working out for her - although at this point in her life it doesn't much matter - money wise. Whoa! Not in my wildest dreams.

Been watching Jon Stewart last few evenings - why not! Beats some of the other channels even if I'm watching a delayed play. He was civil with Mr. O'Reilly - but didn't get excited about "Killing Jesus". Yesterday (or Tuesday really), Mr. Steward urged viewers to read "Facilitated Communication". Okay, perhaps it really is interpretation by the author, but I'm willing to dive in and decide for myself.

Hope everyone has a great night. I've used up all my Topix minutes.
:-)

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16180 Oct 3, 2013
Sean Connery?

I agree, he has aged so well!
Loved him in the movie, Finding Forester.

informs against BS

#16181 Oct 3, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't Sean Connery in Red October? I think he's very handsome. More so as he has gotten older. Loved him in the one with Catherine Zeta-Jones (my memory has gone and I can't recall the name of that movie).
Yes he was! Don't remember the movie you're mentioning with C. Z-J either.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16182 Oct 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, well Oprah holds some things close to her heart and I guess I cannot fault her. Disappointed that she left a popular talk show to go off and do what? "Oxygen"? I wonder if that's working out for her - although at this point in her life it doesn't much matter - money wise. Whoa! Not in my wildest dreams.
Been watching Jon Stewart last few evenings - why not! Beats some of the other channels even if I'm watching a delayed play. He was civil with Mr. O'Reilly - but didn't get excited about "Killing Jesus". Yesterday (or Tuesday really), Mr. Steward urged viewers to read "Facilitated Communication". Okay, perhaps it really is interpretation by the author, but I'm willing to dive in and decide for myself.
Hope everyone has a great night. I've used up all my Topix minutes.
:-)
She also starred in the new film, The Butler, with Forest Whitaker.
I'll definitely see it when released for rental.
I would not be surprised to hear she has invested in Tyler Perry
Productions. He is in the process of building yet another huge studio.
I'm not complaining, it will be wonderful for the state of Georgia.
The location is much closer to Cov than to me.

informs against BS

#16183 Oct 3, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Sean Connery?
I agree, he has aged so well!
Loved him in the movie, Finding Forester.
He indeed was great in that movie! Liked the kid, too. And because of that movie, I started wearing my socks inside out to put the toe rib on the outside. Made sense to me!

informs against BS

#16184 Oct 3, 2013
Is it too late to write about ... "throwing them over your shoulder like a Continental Soldier" ?

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16185 Oct 3, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
He indeed was great in that movie! Liked the kid, too. And because of that movie, I started wearing my socks inside out to put the toe rib on the outside. Made sense to me!
When a sock is bothering me, I think of that movie.
I mean a real foot sock, not bothersome socks on Topix...

“The odd couple ”

Hookerville, GA

#16187 Oct 3, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Is it too late to write about ... "throwing them over your shoulder like a Continental Soldier" ?
Not at all. I can change back at any time.

informs against BS

#16188 Oct 3, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all. I can change back at any time.
Pretty adaptable, eh?! Cool.

informs against BS

#16189 Oct 3, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
When a sock is bothering me, I think of that movie.
I mean a real foot sock, not bothersome socks on Topix...
Yeah, that's what I'm talkin''bout!

“The odd couple ”

Hookerville, GA

#16190 Oct 3, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty adaptable, eh?! Cool.
Well, I've got 11 more working days left in my life and I'm feeling pretty good, so yep, I'm adaptable!

“The odd couple ”

Hookerville, GA

#16191 Oct 3, 2013
I've never wanted to record anything from Directv, but tonight I am. Tony wants to watch the Braves, but there's a 1939 move on "Elizabeth and the Earl of Essex" with Bette Davis as Queen Elizabeth and Errol Flynn as the Earl of Essex that I want to watch. I hope I did it right--I can watch it Sat am while the lord and master is busy with his honeydew list! Oh yeah, there's also a football game on tonight. I'm underwhelmed at the thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IMSU PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 sess... 26 min ADMISSION OFFICE 1
FUTO PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 sess... 27 min ADMISSION OFFICE 1
FUTA PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 sess... 28 min ADMISSION OFFICE 1
OAU PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 sessi... 29 min ADMISSION OFFICE 1
UI PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 sessio... 30 min ADMISSION OFFICE 1
UNIPORT PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 s... 31 min ADMISSION OFFICE 1
UNIZIK PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 se... 32 min ADMISSION OFFICE 1
More from around the web