Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#15675 Sep 7, 2013
When the ladies dressed and danced like ladies. Guess which one I would have been???

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15676 Sep 7, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
TV Lamps
my favorite wish I still owned it)
http://img1.etsystatic.com/001/0/5283836/il_f...
I think we've still got a lava lamp or two around. And of course, the mandatory "grow lights".

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15677 Sep 7, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
I love beets, but they never seemed to do any enhancements for men, other than satisfy hunger. Maybe they have to be prepared a special way? Y'all have a good'n.
They were only good for growing tatas on girls--did you aspire to have moobs? LOL. Have a good'n yourself!

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#15678 Sep 7, 2013
covcas wrote:
When the ladies dressed and danced like ladies. Guess which one I would have been???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CdvITn5cAVcXX
The one that wiggled her butt the most? LOL!!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15679 Sep 7, 2013
Love the red shoes on some of these gals. I can still twist (well, at least once--don't know that I could twist back!)

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15680 Sep 7, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>The one that wiggled her butt the most? LOL!!
What gave it away? Where do you think Edith gets it from?

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15681 Sep 7, 2013
I mentioned the other day that I have a high school friend that is heavily into piano tuning (his own school, etc). Just found out today that he was on hand for years at the Coliseum in Portland for a lot of concerts, as he did all the tuning for them for years. So envious--he did the BeeGees, Neil Diamond, and Lee Greenwood among many. Could've married the guy, but he's also a minister and there's no way anyone would ever imagine me as a minster's wife!!!! But he's so down to earth and just a super sweet guy. and he married the perfect gal for him.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#15682 Sep 7, 2013
covcas wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CdvITn5cAVcXX
I remember this~~
Right before we recorded this we all soaked ourselves
in baby oil and iodine and "suntanned"
One of your not-so-bright ideas, hu Martha???

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15683 Sep 7, 2013
covcas wrote:
I mentioned the other day that I have a high school friend that is heavily into piano tuning (his own school, etc). Just found out today that he was on hand for years at the Coliseum in Portland for a lot of concerts, as he did all the tuning for them for years. So envious--he did the BeeGees, Neil Diamond, and Lee Greenwood among many. Could've married the guy, but he's also a minister and there's no way anyone would ever imagine me as a minster's wife!!!! But he's so down to earth and just a super sweet guy. and he married the perfect gal for him.
How neat to have a career that lets him see what goes on
backstage and to at least see and possibly meet some of the legends.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15684 Sep 7, 2013
I think beets are one of those vegetables,
you either love or hate them.

I've always liked beets, especially the pickled
beets my mom used to make.

She made excellent cold slaw, too.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15685 Sep 7, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
How neat to have a career that lets him see what goes on
backstage and to at least see and possibly meet some of the legends.
He's been all over world with his piano tuning, and done some tuning of organs in Europe as well for some of the better known places in Austria, etc. Ah, the places he's been and the things he's seen. He has his own small aircraft that he flies around in too. He's very interesting to talk to. So glad I found him on FB to be able to keep up with what he's done since high school days when I knew him. That's one reason I like FB--I've found so many friends from "back in the day" and its fun to see how we've all grown older if not wiser. We share family pix and reminisce about old times--it's a lot of fun. And no one is embarassed to show their "today" look. Some I wouldn't recognize, but so many just seem to have not changed over the years. We're all so far apart, but can come together for those brief moments and it seems like it was only yesterday we were cutting up and enjoying being teenagers. It's like time hasn't passed in some way. And some of us have found we have way more in common now than we did back in the day. Kids, grandkids (I think I'm the only great-grandma in the group I keep in touch with). But most of us are proud grandparents and love sharing our kids/grandkids with each other. It's a great pleasure for me to keep in touch with this group across not only the miles, but also across the years! We laugh with each other and sometimes share a tear or two (some have lost children and spouses and I cannot even imagine that pain), But we shared a commonality so many years ago and seems like we still do to this day.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#15686 Sep 7, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
I think beets are one of those vegetables,
you either love or hate them.
I've always liked beets, especially the pickled
beets my mom used to make.
She made excellent cold slaw, too.
Yeah, those pickled beets go very well with beans n taters. The beet greens are really good, too. Of course, I think ant kind of greens are good. I guess spinach is my favorite, with eggs scrambled in them. A meal in itself. Y'all have a good'n.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15687 Sep 7, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, those pickled beets go very well with beans n taters. The beet greens are really good, too. Of course, I think ant kind of greens are good. I guess spinach is my favorite, with eggs scrambled in them. A meal in itself. Y'all have a good'n.
Well, you've lost me here. I don't like most greens at all, can't stand beets in any form. But I do love beans and taters. Cracklin' cornbread and buttermilk is awesome, too. I'm just not Southern born and raised and we never ate those things when I was growing up, so never developed a taste for them

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15688 Sep 7, 2013

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15689 Sep 7, 2013

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15690 Sep 8, 2013
Good morning everyone~~
I read an interesting article about some states/towns offering a free day for many of their
attractions. Most are educational but that would
be okay with me.

The John Ringling art museum in Sarasota has been
doing the free day for a long time now.
Many kids toured the museum on field trips and never a charge.
The Ringling estate was given to the state by JR
when he died.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15691 Sep 8, 2013
Good morning. Getting ready to put a Boston Butt in the oven to cook low and slow. Thinking about pouring some Italian dressing over it for seasoning. Then cover with foil and just let it cook for a few hours. Hope I don't ruin the darned thing. No guts, no glory I say!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15692 Sep 8, 2013
Cov~~
Tooooo cute, Buzz with his bat balloon~~
In this picture I think of him calling me
Wuby.

He's also the age when I took all the kids on
a cyber field trip...lol

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15693 Sep 8, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Cov~~
Tooooo cute, Buzz with his bat balloon~~
In this picture I think of him calling me
Wuby.
He's also the age when I took all the kids on
a cyber field trip...lol
The hayride that got someone all in a tizzy! I remember that one. So much fun.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15694 Sep 8, 2013
These sound good.

MINI FALL PUMPKIN PIE CROISSANTS

These start with 2 tubes of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls. Roll each crescent roll out and cut lengthwise in 2. This recipe will make 32 mini croissants. Each croissant will get a generous teaspoon of this luscious cream cheese pumpkin pie filling:

4 oz.(1/2 block) of softened cream cheese
1 cup of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 2 T pumpkin pie spice (adjust to taste)
3 4 T sugar (granulated or powdered; adjust to taste if you want the filling sweeter)

Beat the above ingredients together until fluffy and creamy and spread about one teaspoon of filling over each triangle of dough.
Mix together 4 T sugar and 1 T pumpkin pie spice and roll each pumpkin pie croissant in it!Bake at 375* for about 13-15 minutes (this time is for on a baking stone) you want them to be lightly browned and the dough baked through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
frAUDS (Oct '17) 1 hr victim 692
Secrets 1 hr North Mountain 11
Why, did Topix.com just delete the China Forum? 2 hr North Mountain 13
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 9,031
**** Last post wins a prop **** New game .. rea... (Jul '12) 5 hr North Mountain 826
Word association game (Sep '12) 6 hr -Sprocket- 3,328
Game---"Make a Sentence" (Mar '12) 6 hr -Sprocket- 4,499