Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#15607 Sep 5, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>So when can me and you and Ruby plan a get together? anytime after Oct 18 will be good for me. Hard to believe that will be the last day of my working career--if I last that long. They're squeezing everything out of me they can these days. I am so going to be ready for this!
Hang in there Ms Cov !! Just remember there is light at the end of the tunnel !! lol

Let's see .. I'll need to check out my calendar but the middle of the months are better for me and weekends since I am still a working gal and probably will be till I can't work any more !! LOL !

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#15608 Sep 5, 2013
Good evening diners. Anybody else notice pumpkins are popping up here and there in advertisments?
I love this time of year.

It's not pretty, here, like it is in the mid west and east, as far as the colorful leaves. We have so many pine trees. But we do have leaves. Oaks and elms, mostly.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles, CA

#15609 Sep 5, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
Good evening diners. Anybody else notice pumpkins are popping up here and there in advertisments?
I love this time of year.
It's not pretty, here, like it is in the mid west and east, as far as the colorful leaves. We have so many pine trees. But we do have leaves. Oaks and elms, mostly.
Hey Barbi - one of the most spectacular sites I look forward to is the world renowned Cactus Garden at the Huntington Library and Gardens. They go into bloom during fall, and with the addition of that golden light coming in at a slant, they are spectacular

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#15610 Sep 5, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Barbi - one of the most spectacular sites I look forward to is the world renowned Cactus Garden at the Huntington Library and Gardens. They go into bloom during fall, and with the addition of that golden light coming in at a slant, they are spectacular
Sounds lovely, Rose.
I don't know how this link will come through, but we do have a beautiful ginko tree at the end of one of our main, residential streets.
http://www.allenrokach.com/portfolio/trees.ht...

We have lots of sycamores, too. I love those trees, but they take many years to grow.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#15611 Sep 5, 2013
Well, the ginko didn't come through. But open the link and look at the column of pis to the right, then click on the orange-colored tree on the top right.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#15612 Sep 5, 2013
^^^
pics!

...guess I'm tired.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#15613 Sep 6, 2013


Stand by Me~~

My favorite version by John Lennon...

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles, CA

#15614 Sep 6, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds lovely, Rose.
I don't know how this link will come through, but we do have a beautiful ginko tree at the end of one of our main, residential streets.
http://www.allenrokach.com/portfolio/trees.ht...
We have lots of sycamores, too. I love those trees, but they take many years to grow.
Love ginko trees and the shape of their leaves. Here in Pasadena they've been tearing out the Ficus street trees in favor of Ginko trees. Here in LA they take on more of a column appearance - that one growing in Kentucky was orange with a rounded form. Not so here. Intense yellow, then they drop their leaves.

Wasn't it said that the Ginko tree supplied the wood that Jesus was crucified on?

Calling uncle google

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles, CA

#15615 Sep 6, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =O4_ghOG9JQMXX
Stand by Me~~
My favorite version by John Lennon...
John Lennon - miss him

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#15616 Sep 6, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Love ginko trees and the shape of their leaves. Here in Pasadena they've been tearing out the Ficus street trees in favor of Ginko trees. Here in LA they take on more of a column appearance - that one growing in Kentucky was orange with a rounded form. Not so here. Intense yellow, then they drop their leaves.
Wasn't it said that the Ginko tree supplied the wood that Jesus was crucified on?
Calling uncle google
I was taught many years ago that the Dogwood tree was once a very massive and majestic tree from which the crucifixion cross was hewn from, and from the time of the crucifixion, God never allowed the dogwood to grow anything but small knarly limbs an trunks, not worthy of building use, but to forever display a bloom that depicted the crucifixion. I'm sure there are other accounts of the wood used, and suspect I'll need to visit Lady J's uncle Google. Y'all have a good'n.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#15617 Sep 6, 2013

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#15618 Sep 6, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>I was taught many years ago that the Dogwood tree was once a very massive and majestic tree from which the crucifixion cross was hewn from, and from the time of the crucifixion, God never allowed the dogwood to grow anything but small knarly limbs an trunks, not worthy of building use, but to forever display a bloom that depicted the crucifixion. I'm sure there are other accounts of the wood used, and suspect I'll need to visit Lady J's uncle Google. Y'all have a good'n.
This is what I was taught, too.
We have several dogwood trees in our front yard and it's so
pretty when they bloom around Easter.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#15619 Sep 6, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I was taught, too.
We have several dogwood trees in our front yard and it's so
pretty when they bloom around Easter.
I've heard it's bad luck to cut one down. I think they're very pretty. I'd like to have a weeping willow in my front yard, but have a maple instead and it's too big to try to replace it.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#15620 Sep 6, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I've heard it's bad luck to cut one down. I think they're very pretty. I'd like to have a weeping willow in my front yard, but have a maple instead and it's too big to try to replace it.
We have a lot of weeping willow up here~~
Usually see them growing beside a creek bed.

We have quite a few trees in our yard.
We planted an apple, pear, peach and plum tree after
we bought our house~~in memory of Curlie's mom.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#15621 Sep 6, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a lot of weeping willow up here~~
Usually see them growing beside a creek bed.
We have quite a few trees in our yard.
We planted an apple, pear, peach and plum tree after
we bought our house~~in memory of Curlie's mom.
We have quite a few oak trees in our backyard. I love to see the leaves change colors and watch the squirrels scurrying around in the fall--cheeks full of acorns, storing them up for the winter months.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#15622 Sep 6, 2013


And people don't think Curlie and I have a social
life.

Well this is proof, we know how to nip that rumor
in the bud...

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#15623 Sep 6, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>We have quite a few oak trees in our backyard. I love to see the leaves change colors and watch the squirrels scurrying around in the fall--cheeks full of acorns, storing them up for the winter months.
Well isn't that a cute description of your squirrels~~
They sound normal, doing normal squirrel things.

Here?'Tis the season to chew holes in birdhouses, bite
holes in the fruit, knock over and haul off several freshly
potted plants, chew a couple of inches off of the NEW front
door mat.
Oh and while they're at it~~let's chew the rest of the sea pencil
to dust.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#15625 Sep 6, 2013
-Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Squirrels are evil little creatures. I don't trust the little vermin.
Not until I moved to Georgia~~
These Georgia squirrels are a force to be reckoned with.

Pants so low I can see their butt crack~~
a couple of them have teardrop tats below their eyes.
A couple of them have had their tails torn off by rivals.
All their girlfriends have shave their eyebrows and have
them tatted on.
They call the oldest old lady, Juicy Fruit...

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#15626 Sep 6, 2013
^^shaved^^

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

...

#15628 Sep 6, 2013
Juicy Fruit??? WTF kinda bad azz squirrel name is that?
Hey everyone. What's been going on? Has anyone heard from Mousie or Shuaw,
Any shine around? I sure could use a lick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it rare to find Women who'll face ride ? 46 min James 16
What do u think about Ricky Burgess jr . 1 hr V of r 10
The fun thread (Sep '11) 1 hr Ricky F 336
Men; Do U like the pubic hair resurgence on Wom... 3 hr James 14
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 12 hr Ricky F 5,479
American & Allied Soldiers Rock! (Jun '11) 12 hr Ricky F 16,807
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 16 hr Princess Hey 5,758
More from around the web