Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#15104 Aug 8, 2013
_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. We would sometimes have breakfast meetings during work at one of the local restaurants. This one guy would order one soft boiled egg and one piece of dry toast. Of course he was about 5' tall and weighed about 90 lbs. LOL
lol...poor guy. Maybe he hated breakfast meetings? I know I did. You're already at work and it's not always conducive to good digestion.
How are you, Rickster? Back in the land of fishing fun?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#15105 Aug 8, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
good morning
anybody have any good German recipes? I get some idiotic invite to a potluck, then get told it has a theme. Braust and beer. Make matters worse, those food items have been claimed...so I think German Chocolate cake!!!! then I go on-line to discover Snopes saying German Chocolate cake isn't German, just named after a guy with the last name of 'German"
Maybe I'll go with it and play ignorant. I think it's pretty easy to make from a box (except I have no cake pans)
Rose, here's an easy and delicious recipe for Polish stuffed cabbage. Will that do?
http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/od/maincour...

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#15106 Aug 8, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
good morning
anybody have any good German recipes? I get some idiotic invite to a potluck, then get told it has a theme. Braust and beer. Make matters worse, those food items have been claimed...so I think German Chocolate cake!!!! then I go on-line to discover Snopes saying German Chocolate cake isn't German, just named after a guy with the last name of 'German"
Maybe I'll go with it and play ignorant. I think it's pretty easy to make from a box (except I have no cake pans)
How about German Potato Salad?!

informs against BS

#15107 Aug 8, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
I'll have wheat toast.
Good morning, Diner crowd!
I have a curious question: Does anybody know anyone who eats only ONE egg? To me, eating only one egg would be like eating only one rasher of bacon.
If it's not at least 2 eggs, it doesn't count!

informs against BS

#15108 Aug 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Morning! I'm thinking eggs over medium, 4 strips of crispy bacon, a couple nice fluffy biscuits and some gravy to go with them, grapefruit juice and coffee.
Pretty, pretty close!

OJ instead though...

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#15109 Aug 8, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
How about German Potato Salad?!
How is German Potato salad different? Is it sweet? Or hot or something?

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#15112 Aug 8, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
good morning
See if this link will give you any ideas.

http://www.germanculture.com.ua/recipes/blrec...

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#15113 Aug 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>See if this link will give you any ideas.
http://www.germanculture.com.ua/recipes/blrec...
I like their rabbit stew. Can't spell their word for it; can't even pronounce it. All I know is how good it is. Y'all have a good'n.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15114 Aug 8, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>I like their rabbit stew. Can't spell their word for it; can't even pronounce it. All I know is how good it is. Y'all have a good'n.
Hassenpfeffer! This isn't exactly the clip I wanted, but it's close.

informs against BS

#15115 Aug 8, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>How is German Potato salad different? Is it sweet? Or hot or something?
recipes:
http://www.google.com/search...

German "Kartoffelsalat" is a popular variation that is generally prepared with vinegar and oil, rather than mayonnaise, and bacon bits and served warm in the South. Potato salad from northern Germany, however, is generally based on mayonnaise and quite similar to its U.S. counterpart. Potato salad and sausages (like Bratwurst, Weisswurst, Bockwurst or Wiener) is a popular German dish for Christmas Eve.[2][3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato_salad#Ge...

informs against BS

#15116 Aug 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Hassenpfeffer! This isn't exactly the clip I wanted, but it's close.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5bGvv2VUP_8XX
The word Hassenpfeffer! reminds me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon!:)

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15117 Aug 8, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
The word Hassenpfeffer! reminds me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon!:)
Yeah, that was the link I was trying to get, but it ended up being some sort of rap version of what I really wanted. Yosemite Sam as the cook for the king who wanted Hassenpfeffer. I love Yosemite Sam. This is another one of my favorites, and always cracks Ruby up. I'm a thinkin'. And my head hurts!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15118 Aug 8, 2013
This is another one of Ruby's favorites. A turtle with his O face going on.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

#15119 Aug 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
This is another one of Ruby's favorites. A turtle with his O face going on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SNUljIEqncAXX
The little ahhh ahhhh cracks me up!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15120 Aug 9, 2013
Good evening, everyone. Hope you all had a most splendiferous Friday. I think this is probably my second post of the day. Been so very very busy, but it's all good. Will soon have nothing to do but post and aggravate people. Taking a lick of the frog, a large mug of moonshine and some glaucoma meds and going to chillax. See you all tomorrow!

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

#15121 Aug 9, 2013
Covcas if anyone needs a lick, toke and swig, it's you.

I think we have found the majority of our furniture!! We also decided on a fridge.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15122 Aug 9, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Covcas if anyone needs a lick, toke and swig, it's you.
I think we have found the majority of our furniture!! We also decided on a fridge.
Good for you. We've been shopping for an over the range microwave and found the one we want and the fridge will probably be the next thing we replace.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#15123 Aug 10, 2013
Cov Cov!
Spooky is MIA!
I sent out the bat signal... and not a word nor hide or hair from her.
I've threatened to send a search party. ROAD TRIP!
Get the batmobile ready and fired up.
We're going to need a few gallons of shine and maybe a box of Randman's brownies for the trip.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15124 Aug 10, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
Cov Cov!
Spooky is MIA!
I sent out the bat signal... and not a word nor hide or hair from her.
I've threatened to send a search party. ROAD TRIP!
Get the batmobile ready and fired up.
We're going to need a few gallons of shine and maybe a box of Randman's brownies for the trip.
Spooky MIA? Oh no-that's serious. Batmobile is getting readied. Got lots of shine and brownies. Do we need the frog? Hope Ruby gets back from her trip soon. I'm concerned about her, too. I think she's up in dueling banjos territory! Rally the troops--I feel a roadtrip coming on!

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#15125 Aug 10, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Spooky MIA? Oh no-that's serious. Batmobile is getting readied. Got lots of shine and brownies. Do we need the frog? Hope Ruby gets back from her trip soon. I'm concerned about her, too. I think she's up in dueling banjos territory! Rally the troops--I feel a roadtrip coming on!
OK now who has the frog?? I have his little car seat all cleaned up and ready for the trip. I'm worried about Ruby too. She better get back here soon. Do you think she has Spooky stowed away in her suitcase? Hmmmm.... I bet they took the frog!!

I'm procrastinating. I've tons of housework. Funny how it just piles up when nobody is looking. I'll probably have drop in company. If I keep the house spotless then nobody shows, but just as soon as things are a little messy it seems like that's when hoards of people will stop by LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mega Fort 1 min -CatCiao- 5,322
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 14 min Prince of Darkness 3,419
Campfire Memories 1 hr Amber Two 3,992
Make A wish! (Sep '12) 1 hr Amber Two 77
Word association game (Sep '12) 9 hr Wannaknow 1,015
Joe Biden's VAWA Law Is Just A Mechanism Of Soc... (Sep '14) Sun Chuck 20
Poll Have You Ever Been Shadowbanned in Your Own Forum? Sun Red_Forman 0
More from around the web