Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#15023 Aug 2, 2013
covcas wrote:
Where the heck is Hattie today? Probably in some cookie induced coma! HATTIE--get your head out of the cookie box and come up for air. Share those with the kids! Hope you've got lots of milk to go with them.
You tell her! I've been straining my eyes awaiting an invite for cookies n milk. Probably nothing but crumbs left by now. Hope your day is going great. Y'all have a good'n.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#15024 Aug 2, 2013
Hello Ms Cov , Perfessor and everyone !!

OMG .. let me tell you about the cookies. Last night everytime anyone walked by the box .. they grabbed a cookie ... THEN .. this morning when I got up to come to work .... The COOKIE THIEF had been to my house !!!

Honestly ...just a small handfull was left. UNSTINKIN REAL !!. LOL !! Needless to say, they were a total hit at my house.

Sorry Perfessor, but I think MrH took your share, my share, the kids share ....well, you get the picture !!

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#15025 Aug 2, 2013
Ruby , I hope you have a great time , even if they call you the "Hop-along" kid.:)

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#15026 Aug 2, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Buy a pretty rod to hang it on and show it off! We have a lot of goofy ones that Tony has had for years that we hung. Yes, we even have one of the dogs playing cards. It's hanging in his "showroom". We have jigsaw puzzles that he put together, and then glued, too. Some are mounted and some are just tacked on walls. We're simple people and enjoy looking at the things we've made. Doubt we're doing anything "feng shui", but we like surrounding ourselves with our own handiwork and things that mean something to us. Hey--its our home and we can put anything on the walls we want to. When we're gone, I'm sure the granddaughter will pitch a lot of it, but while we're still alive and kicking, we'll hang whatever we want, wherever we want.
That's a wonderful idea, Cov, and thank you. I once hung a small, tapestry like tablecloth on my wall because it was so pretty and matched my decor.
This quilt is so beautiful I've been afraid to do anything with it.
I agree you get to the point where you do what makes you happy and to heck with what others think. Somehow, I ended up with a huge, framed jigsaw puzzle hung at the top of my stairs. It's a red barn and landscape. lol

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#15027 Aug 2, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Find some way to display it then send me a photo. That is extraordinary. Do you know what year it was made?
I love quilts, I love the history of quilts, I love everything about them.
I know it was sometime in the 1800s, and I'm really surprised at the colors, craftsmanship and it's condition. I will photograph and post it.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#15028 Aug 2, 2013
_Rickster wrote:
Good morning all. Just coffee for me, Cov. I'm here in Florida at my sister's house. It's hot and humid. We're going to the everglades for one of those fanboat tours.
That sounds like fun, Rickster!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#15029 Aug 2, 2013
Aubrey Jean wrote:
Good morning diners, TGIF. I hope this post finds you all doing well. Covcas, just as I was starting to think my life was going to slow down it picked up more than ever. I wont fuss about it because I have worked very hard in the last 3 years to make things happen and wow, it is really happening. And besides, who could ever complain about receiving good news right?
Is there any coffee left? I would love to just relax, enjoy a couple cups of java and visit with a few old buddies I haven't had a chance to chat with in a very long time.
Hi AJ...long time no see! Love your avi. Hope you're doing well.

“Hillary Rodham Clinton”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Popular Vote by 2.8 million

#15030 Aug 2, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I know it was sometime in the 1800s, and I'm really surprised at the colors, craftsmanship and it's condition. I will photograph and post it.
Whatever you do - DON'T WASH IT

kills the value according to the Antique Road Show. And if you have, hopefully the colors didn't run. I have a Navaho blanket where someone did that to it, and why I got it cheap.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15031 Aug 2, 2013
Thanks everyone for your well wishes~~

Perf, I couldn't have said it better.
I'm just thankful you didn't fall.

Cov, does Tony still have his t-shirt with the
pig on it from the 70's?
If so, I'm really impressed~~
Now that's no run-of-the-mill PF fan, Tony is
serious!!!

Rickster~~No one in their right mind would even think to stick one of their appendages in the water
in the Everglades.
Off an airboat? Nope, not me.

Another call just came in~~
Do we need to stop by the medical supply store and
pick something up for you?
How about a numatic toilet seat???

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#15032 Aug 2, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Thanks DD & Cov~~
At least you acknowledged my post and I appreciate
it.
Well ... I'm shamed right and proper. Glad you are amble enough to go to your big annual 'do'. And with all the good cooks there, it's an opportunity for you to 'laze around' a bit for this one. Sorry you were 'the fall guy'. Pain is no fun -- well, for people not into that fetish.

My excuses:

1. You ended that post with "take care everyone". I misinterpreted that you were heading to 'the do' and wouldn't be around.

2. I was wallowing in my own dental misery.

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#15033 Aug 2, 2013
covcas wrote:
Where the heck is Hattie today? Probably in some cookie induced coma! HATTIE--get your head out of the cookie box and come up for air. Share those with the kids! Hope you've got lots of milk to go with them.
Doh! Got milk?! Any cookies left?

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#15035 Aug 2, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Thanks everyone for your well wishes~~
Perf, I couldn't have said it better.
I'm just thankful you didn't fall.
Cov, does Tony still have his t-shirt with the
pig on it from the 70's?
If so, I'm really impressed~~
Now that's no run-of-the-mill PF fan, Tony is
serious!!!
Rickster~~No one in their right mind would even think to stick one of their appendages in the water
in the Everglades.
Off an airboat? Nope, not me.
Another call just came in~~
Do we need to stop by the medical supply store and
pick something up for you?
How about a numatic toilet seat???
Oh yeah, he's got it. And one with the pyramid thing on it, too. Don't you still have all your Jimmy Buffet t's you bought over the years? Tony NEVER throws anything out. Never know when it might come back in style. Here's our favorite to get you in the mood.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15036 Aug 2, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Doh! Got milk?! Any cookies left?
Evidently not. I think they've eaten all but the crumbs and are fighting over those.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15037 Aug 3, 2013
HELLO HELLO HELLO

Is there anybody in there????

Just nod if you can hear me...

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15038 Aug 3, 2013
Plan on leaving in the morning~~
It's only about 100 miles for us but no fast roads
to get there; pretty much winding country roads but
such a pleasant beautiful ride.

I THINK I'm improving by the day and will just play
it by ear when we get there.

Please no more apologies for my little bout of self
pity the other day.
I owe the apology and was p*zzed off at myself over
falling.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#15039 Aug 3, 2013
Nod!

Good morning, Ruby. Hope everything is going well for you. I'm trying to recuperate from the drive up to St. Louis yesterday afternoon. Wore me slap-dab out. At least it was cloudy all the way, and that helped. Even with good air conditioning, it gets hot in a vehicle (driver's side) when driving north and sun shining brightly. Y'all have a good'n.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15040 Aug 3, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, he's got it. And one with the pyramid thing on it, too. Don't you still have all your Jimmy Buffet t's you bought over the years? Tony NEVER throws anything out. Never know when it might come back in style. Here's our favorite to get you in the mood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =y7EpSirtf_EXX
You're right, I do have all my parrothead memorabilia.

My treasure trove is, all things John Lennon.
I have the original memorial T that was sold right after
he was murdered.
Just a lot of interesting stuff on (jmo) one of the greatest
songwriters ever. I also feel he cared about the world, too.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15041 Aug 3, 2013
ring ring~~

"Are there different sizes of Depends and if so what size should we buy for you?"

Or maybe we could find some giant size kiddie
swim diapers~~

If we find them~~what cartoon character would you
like?

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#15042 Aug 3, 2013
Good morning, Ruby and perfessor. It's a lovely morning here so far and I've got my goals for today accomplished. Buzz is here for a visit and he and Tony are watching their favorite show --SpongeBob. I know I'm thrilled about that (not). Gonna stir up something to eat for them in a few and then go back to relaxing. Ruby, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Perf--rest up. I hear Edith's wanting to dance. Can't have Dad beatin' your time!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15043 Aug 3, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Nod!
Good morning, Ruby. Hope everything is going well for you. I'm trying to recuperate from the drive up to St. Louis yesterday afternoon. Wore me slap-dab out. At least it was cloudy all the way, and that helped. Even with good air conditioning, it gets hot in a vehicle (driver's side) when driving north and sun shining brightly. Y'all have a good'n.
Perf~~
Please take care of yourself.
You're one of the nicest posters I've had the pleasure
of becoming cyber buddies with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angry White Hippocrits Around The World 3 hr FireyFellow44 1
Swiss Ice Tea 8 hr 420 uuu 1
TRUMP is all of us but better 11 hr OnceDemocrat 1
Welcome to the basement (Feb '12) 14 hr Ricky F 487
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 15 hr Princess Hey 5,154
How many girls like deepthroating and swallowing. (Jul '16) 16 hr Homeboy 24
Slavery is a Silence by Patricia L. McGurk (Plu... 21 hr Patricia_McGurk 1
More from around the web