Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#14974 Jul 30, 2013
Thanks to all of you that gave me encouragement. I can only do what I can do, but I'm giving it my best shot. Counting down the days now.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14975 Jul 30, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
Good morning Diner people.
Has anyone heard from Mousie?
What about Ruby?
Is she on her vacation?
Haven't heard a word from the Mouse since she posted about being in the hosp. Now if someone posts on her behalf and calls her mousieface, I'm going to find them and smack them a good one! Ruby has been busy potting her plants and getting ready for her trip. Real life is so much fun, sometimes. Now if she was just planting pot and sharing, that would be even better!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#14976 Jul 31, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening Ricky F. Been thinking in a couple of weeks all the fall colors will be splashing the mountains in my neck of the woods. How are you doing?
Doing great Cooter and can't wait till this weekend so I can get some rest! I was gone to Vegas for 8 days then right back to work and I need some rest! lol

How are you doing?

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

Since: May 11

"Always On The Go "

#14977 Jul 31, 2013
Morning all ...Happy Hump day ..

Where's Ruby and the Camel video ...LOVE that thing!!

“Where the heck am I?”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Twighlight Zone

#14978 Jul 31, 2013
Just passing thru. Haven't been to the diner for some time now. Need food - lots of food!!!! So how about a half a hog and a quarter of cow to go please. Could I also get a large gallon jug of shine, a couple licks of the frog and a quick smoke out back?

Cov, Mousie's in hospital? Could you please message me details. I need to email her but wondering if she would get it.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14979 Jul 31, 2013
Shuaw wrote:
Just passing thru. Haven't been to the diner for some time now. Need food - lots of food!!!! So how about a half a hog and a quarter of cow to go please. Could I also get a large gallon jug of shine, a couple licks of the frog and a quick smoke out back?
Cov, Mousie's in hospital? Could you please message me details. I need to email her but wondering if she would get it.
Half a hog coming your way. Dad will take care of sending you the cow!

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#14980 Jul 31, 2013
Shuaw!!! How the heck are you? You have been missed.

Good morning everyone. I'll just grab some juice and slip into this back booth. I had insomnia last night and I may dose off.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#14981 Jul 31, 2013
Morning ladies and gents of Cov's famous all and anything you can eat without gaining a pound diner!
Cov, are you a quilter?

“Where the heck am I?”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Twighlight Zone

#14982 Jul 31, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Shuaw!!! How the heck are you? You have been missed.
Good morning everyone. I'll just grab some juice and slip into this back booth. I had insomnia last night and I may dose off.
Hi Dazzle - I'm doing well!! Hope the same goes for you! Good to see you and thanks for missing me. Will try to get on more when I can. Miss the humor and chats.

Quit licking the frog and you might be able to sleep more.

“In your head, rent free”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#14983 Jul 31, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Half a hog coming your way. Dad will take care of sending you the cow!
Morning Cov! Just a bagel and OJ for me.

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Level 9

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#14984 Jul 31, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Doing great Cooter and can't wait till this weekend so I can get some rest! I was gone to Vegas for 8 days then right back to work and I need some rest! lol
How are you doing?
I'm having some good days, Ricky F. Thank you for asking. Noticed Vegas' Weather this morning and time for air conditioning. I hope you enjoyed your time there. We have cooled down to the 60's today. Going to rack up some more points for the Topix Game. Great being able to talk to you today.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14985 Jul 31, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
Morning ladies and gents of Cov's famous all and anything you can eat without gaining a pound diner!
Cov, are you a quilter?
Not me! No where near talented or patient enough to do that. My avatar is a picture I embroidered for my late mother in law. she loved quilts and could never pass by a place that had them for sale. She only wanted handmade ones. She literally had dozens of them.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14986 Jul 31, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Not me! No where near talented or patient enough to do that. My avatar is a picture I embroidered for my late mother in law. she loved quilts and could never pass by a place that had them for sale. She only wanted handmade ones. She literally had dozens of them.
Well, if that's your embroidery, that's really, really pretty, and a heck of a lot more than I can do with a needle. I can sew on a button or stich a tear but that's it. I don't have the patience for sewing.
I have a beautiful quilt that was passed down from Norway...it's absolutely amazing. It tells a story complete with Viking stuff and has the family names, too. I have it put away in a cedar chest because I don't quite know what to do with it.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#14987 Jul 31, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Not me! No where near talented or patient enough to do that. My avatar is a picture I embroidered for my late mother in law. she loved quilts and could never pass by a place that had them for sale. She only wanted handmade ones. She literally had dozens of them.
I'm impressed Covcas. Looks like needlepoint. My favorite quilts are those that come from the Hawaiian islands.

http://www.hawaiianquiltwholesale.com/media/n...

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14988 Jul 31, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm impressed Covcas. Looks like needlepoint. My favorite quilts are those that come from the Hawaiian islands.
http://www.hawaiianquiltwholesale.com/media/n...
LOL--that's about 30 years old. I can't see well enough to thread a needle now. I love the latch hook kits and have done many of those. I need to find one to do for Buzz as he's the only one I haven't made one for. We have them hanging on walls all over the house. A project for when I retire! This picture I did for my MIL is absolutely my favorite and by the time I was done with it, I was quite proficient with French knots, as all of the blossoms were those. I seriously doubt I could duplicate the effort now. But this holds a place of honor in my woman cave

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14989 Jul 31, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if that's your embroidery, that's really, really pretty, and a heck of a lot more than I can do with a needle. I can sew on a button or stich a tear but that's it. I don't have the patience for sewing.
I have a beautiful quilt that was passed down from Norway...it's absolutely amazing. It tells a story complete with Viking stuff and has the family names, too. I have it put away in a cedar chest because I don't quite know what to do with it.
Buy a pretty rod to hang it on and show it off! We have a lot of goofy ones that Tony has had for years that we hung. Yes, we even have one of the dogs playing cards. It's hanging in his "showroom". We have jigsaw puzzles that he put together, and then glued, too. Some are mounted and some are just tacked on walls. We're simple people and enjoy looking at the things we've made. Doubt we're doing anything "feng shui", but we like surrounding ourselves with our own handiwork and things that mean something to us. Hey--its our home and we can put anything on the walls we want to. When we're gone, I'm sure the granddaughter will pitch a lot of it, but while we're still alive and kicking, we'll hang whatever we want, wherever we want.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14990 Jul 31, 2013
Julie--guess what day it is? Mike, Mike, Mike.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#14991 Jul 31, 2013
covcas wrote:
Julie--guess what day it is? Mike, Mike, Mike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kWBhP0EQ1lAXX
I kept telling myself that while having a tooth ground and filed on today. Friday finishes the job -- what can I bolster myself with? Freaky Friday???

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14992 Jul 31, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
I kept telling myself that while having a tooth ground and filed on today. Friday finishes the job -- what can I bolster myself with? Freaky Friday???
I used to know a poster that heard a commercial for "free gas Friday". Say that quickly and you end up with freakass Friday. Hope you feel better.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14993 Aug 1, 2013
Good morning~~
No I'm not broke but I'm badly bent from taking
a serious fall on my back porch this past Sat morning, really messed up my right knee.

We are still going on our annual, Big Chill in the
mountains this week-end.
I can already hear the endless good natured ribbing
coming my way over this, as I arrive with my walker, complete with a Royal Crown bag attached
to it with a wood clamp~~my bag of necessities.
Isn't Curlie thoughtful???

Good people, all good cooks, so we'll have some
great food. If you don't get enough to eat and drink then it's your fault!!!
No tubing for me this trip.

Take care everyone...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mega Fort 2 hr Death Kitten 10,837
Word association game (Sep '12) 2 hr Honest Babe 1,059
Campfire Memories 4 hr La Femme Accident 4,354
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 5 hr -Sprocket- 3,469
Nice People only Forum (May '13) 7 hr SEMO 492
Bigfoot sightings 7 hr SEMO 7
pest control 9 hr Sharlene45 5
More from around the web