Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14937 Jul 28, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. I love being able to look online and get recipes. My problem is, I have all these recipes that I wrote on scraps of paper instead of index cards and I need to organize them. Another project for me to do when I retire. I have a nice recipe box, too. I will get organized, I will get organized--my husband would like it if I did, too. I have this drawer full of recipes that I should have put in my recipe box. So many projects, so little time--but that is soon to change. By Thanksgiving, I'll have all my recipes on cards and organized and my kitchen drawers will be clean.
I've managed to keep my favorites in the notes on my ipad. I got the All Recpes app and was amazed at all the recipes. I also did that with the Betty Croker cookbook. I still have the Fanny Farmers cookbook and the Joy of Cooking but in this day and age, it's impractical to. buy anymore cookbooks when it can be looked up online

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#14938 Jul 28, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I've managed to keep my favorites in the notes on my ipad. I got the All Recpes app and was amazed at all the recipes. I also did that with the Betty Croker cookbook. I still have the Fanny Farmers cookbook and the Joy of Cooking but in this day and age, it's impractical to. buy anymore cookbooks when it can be looked up online
I love the tried and true Betty Crocker oookbook. I have several from the 50's that were my mom's but I rarely use them. Online is so easy and the pictures make everything look so good. Just made some little pigs in blankets for the boy. Got a roast with potatoes, carrots and onion in the crockpot. Fresh sliced strawberries in the fridge and it's almost time to start baking. He's been so good this weekend. He'll help me make the cookies.

“Resist Persist Enlist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles, CA

#14939 Jul 28, 2013
any shortbread cookies? my personal favorite
AHAH

Tampa, FL

#14940 Jul 28, 2013
Rose has thorns in her bush! AHAHA

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14941 Jul 28, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
any shortbread cookies? my personal favorite
I don't think I've made any of those. Getting ready to pull the first batch of pb cookies out of the oven. My late mother in law used to make the best pecan sandies. So good!

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#14942 Jul 28, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I'll make some tomorrow. I don't feel like going to the store again today! I'll go in the morning and we'll make them in the afternoon. I did choc chip cookies last weekend when he was here. He loves those, but his favorite is peanut butter. And we'll make a few ice cream sandwiches with them. He says I should call them cookie sandwiches. Homemade is so much better than store bought in my opinion, and I do love baking cookies for a bunch of appreciative cookie eaters!
And I don't want a dime, just wanna ride on my
the full monty ... in the words of Arlo.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/The-Mo...

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14943 Jul 28, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
the full monty ... in the words of Arlo.
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/The-Mo...
Thank you. I hadn't heard that in years.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#14945 Jul 29, 2013
Good morning, happy folks. Covcas I am excited to inform you that I am packing up and getting away on Wednesday and wont be back home until Sunday. It has been a long time since I have had the opportunity to do nothing and not have to think about anything. I am soooooo looking forward to it.

Now to start todays busy day I will need some coffee and some of your tasty biscuits and gravy. I have got a lot to do today and need a quick jump start.

I hope y'all have a great day.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14946 Jul 29, 2013
Aubrey Jean wrote:
Good morning, happy folks. Covcas I am excited to inform you that I am packing up and getting away on Wednesday and wont be back home until Sunday. It has been a long time since I have had the opportunity to do nothing and not have to think about anything. I am soooooo looking forward to it.
Now to start todays busy day I will need some coffee and some of your tasty biscuits and gravy. I have got a lot to do today and need a quick jump start.
Good for you! Here's your coffee with some biscuits and gravy to go with it. enjoy your time off!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#14947 Jul 29, 2013
Aubrey Jean wrote:
I did hat all last week out of town and it wore me out! Lol

Not having to think can be tiring at times lol

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#14948 Jul 29, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I did hat all last week out of town and it wore me out! Lol

Not having to think can be tiring at times lol
I agree Ricky, I am having a hard time knowing I will have nothing to do, LOL. Trying to come up with some creative projects to do while sitting pool side and enjoying the sun. I am sure I will come up with something. I will bring a few books to keep my brain active. Have a good day
can180

Ireland

#14949 Jul 29, 2013
Green not ur cuppa
Ricky F wrote:
WELCOME
This thread is in honor of the outstanding and awesome breakfasts that Covcas fixes us, she deserves a larger place for the great breakfast she makes for us each morning, the small little kitchen isn't big enough anymore.
Hot coffee is brewing and there's all sorts of caffeinated/decaf/brazillian coffee's for your pleasure!
can180

Ireland

#14950 Jul 29, 2013
Ur loss friend

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14951 Jul 29, 2013
Going to sit here and listen to some soothing Yanni music tonight. I'm going to be brain dead before I can retire.

“Dads Cow Force”

Since: Mar 12

POKEATWAT FARMS .

#14952 Jul 29, 2013
covcas wrote:
Going to sit here and listen to some soothing Yanni music tonight. I'm going to be brain dead before I can retire.
You listen to yanni you are brain dead . Put Jerry Lee on an rock the neighborhood till dawn .

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14953 Jul 29, 2013
Sir Moos a Lot wrote:
<quoted text>You listen to yanni you are brain dead . Put Jerry Lee on an rock the neighborhood till dawn .
LOL--Edith will have to put Jerry Lee on. I'm numb. How can I teach 25 years of experience to anyone in a 3 month time span? I'm trying.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#14954 Jul 29, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>LOL--Edith will have to put Jerry Lee on. I'm numb. How can I teach 25 years of experience to anyone in a 3 month time span? I'm trying.
You can't! Your best bet is to teach the just the very basics, and if they're worth their salt, the will develop the shortcuts and other hidden stuff all on their own. Everyone has to build and learn their own experience, mainly by making mistakes, and not repeating them. Hang in there, and listen to anything your heart desires. But, Dad did have a good idea! Y'all have a good'n.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14955 Jul 29, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>You can't! Your best bet is to teach the just the very basics, and if they're worth their salt, the will develop the shortcuts and other hidden stuff all on their own. Everyone has to build and learn their own experience, mainly by making mistakes, and not repeating them. Hang in there, and listen to anything your heart desires. But, Dad did have a good idea! Y'all have a good'n.
All can think is if my heads pounding at the end of the day, how must he be feeling? I'll do the best I can and when I walk out the door, I'm tipping my head to one side and giving it a good tap and everything else will be leaving with me.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#14956 Jul 29, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>All can think is if my heads pounding at the end of the day, how must he be feeling? I'll do the best I can and when I walk out the door, I'm tipping my head to one side and giving it a good tap and everything else will be leaving with me.
I'll admit it can be frustrating. I hit it real lucky with my replacement. I had promoted him from another department a few months prior to me retiring, and had familiarized him with projects, etc. that I had going.One of my proudest moments was a few months after I had retired, he had carried on with one of my ideas that I had sketched out for him, and obtained a design patent on. I knew that I had picked the right person. And, today he has about as many patents as I have. He is a danged good engineer, and I know that some of my ideas will be in that company for a long time yet. You just gotta have confidence in the quality of your teachings you pass on. That's our reward, knowing we gave it our best. Y'all have a good'n.

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Level 9

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#14957 Jul 29, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>I'll admit it can be frustrating. I hit it real lucky with my replacement. I had promoted him from another department a few months prior to me retiring, and had familiarized him with projects, etc. that I had going.One of my proudest moments was a few months after I had retired, he had carried on with one of my ideas that I had sketched out for him, and obtained a design patent on. I knew that I had picked the right person. And, today he has about as many patents as I have. He is a danged good engineer, and I know that some of my ideas will be in that company for a long time yet. You just gotta have confidence in the quality of your teachings you pass on. That's our reward, knowing we gave it our best. Y'all have a good'n.
It is good to see you posting, The Perfessor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 48 min North Mountain 7,489
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 2 hr User Gamer 6,258
Word association game (Sep '12) 6 hr -Sprocket- 2,661
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 6 hr -Sprocket- 1,095
A to Z of a Girl's names... (Aug '12) 8 hr Princess Hey 616
Post anything using the Letter M! (Aug '12) 12 hr Reality Speaks 612
Lepinkchateau 14 hr Lacey 1
More from around the web