Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14216 Jul 3, 2013
So many kids today come from broken homes and don't
have both parents in their lives.
So just imagine how luck a child is to have good grandparents or even GREAT grandparents~~
What a gift!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14217 Jul 3, 2013

Momma, he treats your daughter mean~~
Ruth Brown

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14221 Jul 3, 2013
Hey Cov~~

Any plans to set your front lawn on fire this
4th of July???
lol

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#14222 Jul 3, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Hey Cov~~
Any plans to set your front lawn on fire this
4th of July???
lol
No--that's a New Year's Eve kinda thing. Tony and I are taking apart this nasty sofa and Kristen's husband is coming over Friday to help haul it to the dump. Carpets are being cleaned on Friday and then I can bring the other sofa in from the garage to the living room. By Saturday, I'll have a parking spot inside the garage for my car. New dishwasher and over the range microwave are next on the list. Might as well get the stuff while I'm still working and can pay for it. They got a dishwasher, normally $1000 for $450. And he's installing it himself. That won't happen here--we'll end up paying for an install and them to haul the old one off. We're old and don't feel like doing all that stuff. Plus we have no truck to haul anything off in. We're going to Sears tomorrow to see if we can get a deal, since they're having the big sale. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow here. What's it like by you?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#14223 Jul 3, 2013
Hi ladies...we're over 106 now. And I'm grateful for that because it was forecasted on Sunday to be 112 today!

Cov, Sears always has the best deals on appliances, if you shop around online at different locations.

Fireworks are already starting around here, so I've got to figure out what to do about the dog. He's scared of thunder, and he's going to be terrified when he hears those fireworks.
Any suggestions?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#14224 Jul 3, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
So many kids today come from broken homes and don't
have both parents in their lives.
So just imagine how luck a child is to have good grandparents or even GREAT grandparents~~
What a gift!
I had the most wonderful grandmothers. They were both completely different in every way, but I loved spending summers with each of them.
My maternal grandmother bought me beautiful clothes and taught me how to bake my first batch of cookies from scratch.
My paternal grandmother made me go to church on Sundays AND Wednesdays, but she didn't mind that I often fell asleep. I felt so loved by her.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

La Palma, CA

#14225 Jul 3, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning diners!
Has anyone noticed how graceful is a camel?
Love that commercial!
One of the most amazing and miraculous animals on the planet. Read somewhere that in the middle east, they actually have the recorded lineage of camels dating back to the time of the prophet Mohammed.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

La Palma, CA

#14226 Jul 3, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>No--that's a New Year's Eve kinda thing. Tony and I are taking apart this nasty sofa and Kristen's husband is coming over Friday to help haul it to the dump. Carpets are being cleaned on Friday and then I can bring the other sofa in from the garage to the living room. By Saturday, I'll have a parking spot inside the garage for my car. New dishwasher and over the range microwave are next on the list. Might as well get the stuff while I'm still working and can pay for it. They got a dishwasher, normally $1000 for $450. And he's installing it himself. That won't happen here--we'll end up paying for an install and them to haul the old one off. We're old and don't feel like doing all that stuff. Plus we have no truck to haul anything off in. We're going to Sears tomorrow to see if we can get a deal, since they're having the big sale. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow here. What's it like by you?
Just a little something to keep in mind - at the bottom of those receipts they have an on-line questioner about your experience with their store. Fill it out because most don't. A friend of mine won a small fortune from Sears because she did.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14227 Jul 4, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a little something to keep in mind - at the bottom of those receipts they have an on-line questioner about your experience with their store. Fill it out because most don't. A friend of mine won a small fortune from Sears because she did.
I'll have to keep this in mind. Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14228 Jul 4, 2013
Good morning everyone~~
Cov, today is the perfect day to be at Sear's,
Shouldn't be crowded and you'll stay dry.

Not a good day for picnics, unless you're a
fish...

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14229 Jul 4, 2013
Yesterday in Tenn, three men had to be rescued
because they got up and decided to go tubing on
a swollen, fast moving creek.

These are not goofy teenagers, one man was 29 yrs
old and he had to be taken to the hospital.

Little did they realize what was moving in that
fast water and they were pretty beat up from the
debris.

Rub-a-dub-dub, three idiots on tubes...

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#14231 Jul 4, 2013
Happy 4th fellow Diners and dear Lady Cov!

It's hot and getting hotter in CT, but the living is still easy. Hope y'all have a fine day.

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Level 7

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

#14233 Jul 4, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
How ya holding up with the heat - pretty miserable right now
Pretty good, it's just starting to warm up now.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#14234 Jul 4, 2013
Happy 4th of July to the diner crowd!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14235 Jul 4, 2013
somebody_talked wrote:
HAPPY 4TH everyone .
Covcas ,,, tell Tony that i said putting a lit roman candle in his tidy whities is NOT the kinda a HOT your talking about .
Aw, he's HOT no matter what he does. But who told you about the tidy whities?

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14237 Jul 4, 2013
somebody_talked wrote:
<quoted text>50/50 guess . he doesn't have the commando voice .
LOL--no, he's definitely not a commando. Edith is, though.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#14238 Jul 4, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, he's HOT no matter what he does. But who told you about the tidy whities?
Tidy whities? I thought they were tighty whities. Shall we have a boxer vs. briefs debate?
Speaking of, where in the heck is the Perfessor these days?

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#14239 Jul 4, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Tidy whities? I thought they were tighty whities. Shall we have a boxer vs. briefs debate?
Speaking of, where in the heck is the Perfessor these days?
LOL--watched Everybody loves Raymond the other night and the mom was giving Robert some boxers because she thought the tighty whities was keeping him from giving her grandchildren. We love that show--Tony especially likes Frank. He really does have the best lines and delivered them so well.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#14240 Jul 4, 2013
It they go commando . . There is less laundry :)

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#14241 Jul 4, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>LOL--watched Everybody loves Raymond the other night and the mom was giving Robert some boxers because she thought the tighty whities was keeping him from giving her grandchildren. We love that show--Tony especially likes Frank. He really does have the best lines and delivered them so well.
lol! I happen to be looking for something new to watch and I've never watched that show. Might give it a try!
Well, I'm off to get some dinner before the fireworks. Worried about my dog's reaction, so I have to be ready for anything!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eagle's Nest.. (Jul '11) 2 hr EAGLE EYE1 6,735
theonlythingobamath Thu dumbasses 1
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) Thu Princess Hey 5,802
keep taste of the danforth greek Thu F UK OFF STEVE 16
Dating people who are half your age? (Jan '14) Wed Peter Smith 3
Earn Money Walking Wed Pierre 1
Top Ten Sexiest Women Of All Time ! (Mar '13) Sep 20 Bubba 106
More from around the web