Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#14005 Jun 20, 2013
Tapioca pudding? Mom's favorite, and I think that's because it's one of the only puddings her children would not eat. Was it the texture?

Hi diners! Guess I'm late for breakfast again. I'll just help my poor, pouting self to a donut.

“Make time ”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#14006 Jun 20, 2013
Greetings Lady Cov and fellow diners!

Barbi, I would have saved you an eclair, but the last one was just sitting there and looking lonely. I really was doing the pastry a favor - much like the last piece of bread left in a loaf.

No one seems to want the last few slices. They much prefer to twist open a new bag. For the longest time I thought it had something to do with crust distaste, but that's not so. The first piece out of a fresh bag is happily consumed. Hmmm.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#14007 Jun 20, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Lady Cov and fellow diners!
Barbi, I would have saved you an eclair, but the last one was just sitting there and looking lonely. I really was doing the pastry a favor - much like the last piece of bread left in a loaf.
No one seems to want the last few slices. They much prefer to twist open a new bag. For the longest time I thought it had something to do with crust distaste, but that's not so. The first piece out of a fresh bag is happily consumed. Hmmm.
<snatches up the last eclair and runs out the door>

Thanks!

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#14008 Jun 20, 2013
I am so tired of the Zinc ads that keep popping up. If you click on the little "i" by them, it says you can opt out. That doesn't work. Says they're part of something else and I've opted out a zillion times. Still get the Zinc pop outs. I'm going to complain to the FTC about them. I've complained to Zinc, the NAI and nothing gets done. I don't drink Red Bull and doubt I'd even try it after how annoying they are. Anyone have any success getting rid of them? I'm about ready to quit Topix because of them. I don't need the aggravation.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#14009 Jun 20, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Lady Cov and fellow diners!
Barbi, I would have saved you an eclair, but the last one was just sitting there and looking lonely. I really was doing the pastry a favor - much like the last piece of bread left in a loaf.
No one seems to want the last few slices. They much prefer to twist open a new bag. For the longest time I thought it had something to do with crust distaste, but that's not so. The first piece out of a fresh bag is happily consumed. Hmmm.
One cannot allow an éclair to languish, especially when it is framed on a crisp, little paper doily!
I use the first and last slice of bread for peanut butter, or desperation toast!

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#14010 Jun 20, 2013
Got the secretary moved from the living room to the WomanCave. All I need in there now is my sign. Going to order that tomorrow. Have 2 pieces left in the living room to get rid of and the carpets professionally cleaned. Woo hoo! Progress is being made. Then we paint--haven't sprung that one on Tony yet. LOL--won't he be surprised? I'm just going to buy the paint and we'll get to it while I'm on vacay in a couple of weeks. He won't be happy, either, but I always get what I want--if he wants to get what he wants. LMAO.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#14011 Jun 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
I am so tired of the Zinc ads that keep popping up. If you click on the little "i" by them, it says you can opt out. That doesn't work. Says they're part of something else and I've opted out a zillion times. Still get the Zinc pop outs. I'm going to complain to the FTC about them. I've complained to Zinc, the NAI and nothing gets done. I don't drink Red Bull and doubt I'd even try it after how annoying they are. Anyone have any success getting rid of them? I'm about ready to quit Topix because of them. I don't need the aggravation.
Are you talking about the pop up that appears on the left side of the screen?
And what of the Zulilly ads? I was curious one day and clicked, and the site wanted my info just to look at the clothes! I was told to try "Adblock" to get rid of the ads. My computer does not like this site!

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#14012 Jun 20, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about the pop up that appears on the left side of the screen?
And what of the Zulilly ads? I was curious one day and clicked, and the site wanted my info just to look at the clothes! I was told to try "Adblock" to get rid of the ads. My computer does not like this site!
Yes, the Zinc ads that pop out from the left and block half of what we're trying to look at. I went to Zulilly, but you have to register to see their stuff and I refuse to do that. I don't want anything from them that badly to give them an email addy and my information. Too many "free" sites that you can look at and find what you want. I think so many of us online are adults and know where to look for what we want, that the adds are intrusive. I know I've never had a RedBull and never will thanks to the Zinc ads. They are not doing anyone any favors with their pop outs.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#14013 Jun 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, the Zinc ads that pop out from the left and block half of what we're trying to look at. I went to Zulilly, but you have to register to see their stuff and I refuse to do that. I don't want anything from them that badly to give them an email addy and my information. Too many "free" sites that you can look at and find what you want. I think so many of us online are adults and know where to look for what we want, that the adds are intrusive. I know I've never had a RedBull and never will thanks to the Zinc ads. They are not doing anyone any favors with their pop outs.
I don't like giving out my e-mail address anymore, either, but have you noticed it's getting hard to avoid? If I want any sort of discount at any place I shop anymore, they ask for my e-mail address. Like the pet store. But I did refuse to give my e-mail addy at the grocery store where I shop, and so they sent me valuable discounts and coupons in the mail. I'm afraid that soon, it won't be optional.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#14014 Jun 21, 2013
Morning Lady covcas,
Just a wave by wishing you a happy TGIF and weekend:-)

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#14015 Jun 21, 2013
Hi NorCal.

Bagel and OJ for me Cov.

Thanks!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#14016 Jun 21, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
Hi NorCal.
Bagel and OJ for me Cov.
Thanks!
Morning Mav,
How are ya? Good I hope:-)

Ummm, Lady covcas......can I have what Mav is having with a side of bacon, please:-)

Thank you!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#14017 Jun 21, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I don't like giving out my e-mail address anymore, either, but have you noticed it's getting hard to avoid? If I want any sort of discount at any place I shop anymore, they ask for my e-mail address. Like the pet store. But I did refuse to give my e-mail addy at the grocery store where I shop, and so they sent me valuable discounts and coupons in the mail. I'm afraid that soon, it won't be optional.
I hope you don't mind, but as I was reading this I thought about how I have the same issue.......but there is a way around it by using an e-mail address that is like a front, which protects your real e-mail address......if you use hotmail or live.com they have a way to do that.

Anyways, just a thought in order to help protect your privacy....take a look at this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/ou...

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#14018 Jun 21, 2013
Morning Mav and Lady R! Nice to see you both this morning and I've got bagels, bacon and OJ for you. Don't forget the cream cheese!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#14019 Jun 21, 2013
covcas wrote:
Morning Mav and Lady R! Nice to see you both this morning and I've got bagels, bacon and OJ for you. Don't forget the cream cheese!
Thank you:-)

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#14020 Jun 21, 2013
Good Morning ... I'm just gonna sit here today , drink some coffee , eat some donuts .. and hide !!

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#14021 Jun 21, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
Good Morning ... I'm just gonna sit here today , drink some coffee , eat some donuts .. and hide !!
Morning, Hatti! Who you hiding from?

“No Hot pants, no problem”

Level 7

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14022 Jun 21, 2013
Hi everybody! Did you miss me? I've been taking a long vacation. Well, actually, Cov left me in Panama City Beach and I've been working my way back home. It's hard for a working girl to make a living. So I'm ready for a nice slow dance with either the perfessor or Dad--whoever gets here first. Course, I could be convinced to take a twirl on that pole Cov's got out on the deck. It's pink--my favorite color.

Perf--care for the first dance?

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#14023 Jun 22, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Morning, Hatti! Who you hiding from?
Oh man I must have fallen asleep in the booth !! Hiding from .. Life, my crazy family , my work ... I'm thinking of taking a vacation ALL by myself !! I would like some peace and quiet .

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#14024 Jun 22, 2013
Making Coffee and setting out the Krispy Kremes!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Solar Eclipse set for Monday 8/21/17 11 min nasa eclipse link 1
Wife makes me wear her dirty thongs. 4 hr North Mountain 41
Men; Do U like the pubic hair resurgence on Wom... 6 hr North Mountain 10
Can guys between the ages 15-19 r*pe a woman in... (Mar '14) 8 hr North Mountain 5
I SEND NUDES FOR FUN KIKME@ hazzeliciouzz 15 hr hazzeliciouzz 1
Wearing hot sisters panties 17 hr tommurtha 1
Sister pics and panties 17 hr tommurtha 2
More from around the web