Durp

Kansas City, MO

#13232 May 20, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Dazzle! Remember the movie, "Safe Room?" I think that's what it was called...with Jodie Foster.
So, I thought everyone in tornado country had basements or cellars for security.
Durp

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

...

#13233 May 20, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Dazzle! Remember the movie, "Safe Room?" I think that's what it was called...with Jodie Foster.
So, I thought everyone in tornado country had basements or cellars for security.
Oh heavens no. I can't speak for Oklahoma but basements are rather a rare thing in Texas. Some areas the water table is too close to the surface for a basement. Others are too sandy I guess. Some of the old storm cellars are kinda scary if they aren't kept cleaned. Spiders and stuff like that. I have a friend whose aunt kept cots, transistor radio and a port-a-potty in hers. She also kept her canning in there. It was fancy. LOL

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

...

#13234 May 20, 2013
Durp wrote:
<quoted text>
Durp
Are you related to Gloop?

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13235 May 20, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you related to Gloop?
Hello DD

Think you've got it in your heart to forgive this here gal for a misunderstanding that never was completely cleared up that got quite a bit out of hand, in my opinion?

Gloop? He's mean and one of them gray is trying to be to me as well, but I've got a new attitude where this silly game Topix OZ is concerned. I took it way too serious cause I just didn't understand how much fun it is for some to be cruel and meanhearted without much of a cause.

Peace Regardless - Yes or No will suffice and I promise to be on my best behavior in your presense hence forward.:)

Lay Your Hands On Me --- if they be healing ones.

:)

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13236 May 20, 2013
Hello Ms Barbi

Hope you are well miss.

I tried to reply, but page went blank. Topix is odd occasionally.

Hey, If you speak to RM, I would love it if you tell him I said hello. I truly miss him. He was very kind to me and who doesn't love and appreciate that.
:)

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13237 May 20, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Dazzle! Remember the movie, "Safe Room?" I think that's what it was called...with Jodie Foster.
So, I thought everyone in tornado country had basements or cellars for security.
Think I remember one called Panic Room with same actress. She is terrific isn't she? I don't like some of the horrors she does, it just isn't my kind of fun to be scared and make for possible nightmares. OMG - I remember after a while out here on Topix, believe it or not,... I truly did have nightmares. Can you imagine?

Wow
:O

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13238 May 20, 2013
Little Tunes?

Texas Flood and Won't You Ride My Little Red Wagon

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Life from Farm Aid in 1995

Those were wonderful shows and I do hope they still do them. Our farmers sure have been needy these past couple of years.

We experienced such flooding past couple of years and I swear they just planted the big gardens in past week. Not good.:( We need our veggies and good livelyhoods when we depend on them to survive.

Peace ya'll and GQQd Day
:)

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

...

#13239 May 20, 2013
This mall security guard went way sideways about pictures being taken of a wreck outside the mall. Personally, I think that "Officer Adams" could have handled the situation with tons more tact and kinda deserved what she got.

http://tinyurl.com/m4xk8ph

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#13240 May 20, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
This mall security guard went way sideways about pictures being taken of a wreck outside the mall. Personally, I think that "Officer Adams" could have handled the situation with tons more tact and kinda deserved what she got.
http://tinyurl.com/m4xk8ph
She really just try to take on a biker chick?! LOL wrong move.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

...

#13241 May 20, 2013
AIias - Trish wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello DD
Think you've got it in your heart to forgive this here gal for a misunderstanding that never was completely cleared up that got quite a bit out of hand, in my opinion?
Gloop? He's mean and one of them gray is trying to be to me as well, but I've got a new attitude where this silly game Topix OZ is concerned. I took it way too serious cause I just didn't understand how much fun it is for some to be cruel and meanhearted without much of a cause.
Peace Regardless - Yes or No will suffice and I promise to be on my best behavior in your presense hence forward.:)
Lay Your Hands On Me --- if they be healing ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EhjSzibOIH4XX
:)
Trish,

I have the ability to forgive as long as the apology is sincere. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. You were just as mean hearted as those that you accused and that included your attack towards me. As far as Gloop is concerned, how can anyone ascertain his/her intentions based on the single word response "Gloop?" Your statement "I promise to be on my best behavior in your presense hence forward", I am not the topic police or moral monitor. You should act according to your own conscious and conviction.

Here in cov's thread we put all animosity aside and post in peace and respect towards each other. With that in mind, I don't see the need for this to be discussed any further in here. If you feel the need to continue this discussion, please respect this thread and take it elsewhere.

Thanks

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

...

#13242 May 20, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
She really just try to take on a biker chick?! LOL wrong move.
No kidding. They weren't taking pictures of anything regarding the mall. When Adams pushed the biker chick, I think that is assault and biker chick had the right to defend herself. The counting to 10 and threat to confiscate cameras was ridiculous.

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13243 May 20, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Trish,
I have the ability to forgive as long as the apology is sincere. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. You were just as mean hearted as those that you accused and that included your attack towards me. As far as Gloop is concerned, how can anyone ascertain his/her intentions based on the single word response "Gloop?" Your statement "I promise to be on my best behavior in your presense hence forward", I am not the topic police or moral monitor. You should act according to your own conscious and conviction.
Here in cov's thread we put all animosity aside and post in peace and respect towards each other. With that in mind, I don't see the need for this to be discussed any further in here. If you feel the need to continue this discussion, please respect this thread and take it elsewhere.
Thanks
Interesting

I've a story or two for you Dear one that may change your perspective on most everything you said right there, unfortunately I'll need to word it just right since I'm so often accused of being so dang incoherent and all these misunderstandings did get out of hand.

I was rude to you? I didn't realize that, Honestly. I did however think you were, but my apologies are sincere and I do what I say I'm going to ... eventually and always.

Peace Regardless

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

...

#13244 May 20, 2013
AIias - Trish wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting
I've a story or two for you Dear one that may change your perspective on most everything you said right there, unfortunately I'll need to word it just right since I'm so often accused of being so dang incoherent and all these misunderstandings did get out of hand.
I was rude to you? I didn't realize that, Honestly. I did however think you were, but my apologies are sincere and I do what I say I'm going to ... eventually and always.
Peace Regardless
http://www.topix.com/forum/denver/T440KT00CLG...

I stand by what I said. Again, please take this elsewhere. This thread is one of the few peaceful ones left for several to post on.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#13245 May 20, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
yes
Oklahoma is again showing tornadoes on the radar, check out wfaa.com radars, it's nasty looking!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#13246 May 20, 2013
I Be Mousie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ricky yes I am in OKC..I am fine but so many places have
been destroy. We were lucky yesterday. Most damage was at
Shawnee and Little Ax. A mobil home park wipe out and one
home with one dead and they are still looking.
We are getting ready to go thru it again. Getting dark here already
OKC is the highest risk today. They say from 1 thru 9 pm but I think we will get it sooner.I hate the night storms.
Will post again when I can.
Stay safe all.
I hope everything comes out okay for you today mousie! Tomorrow is our the again, it's he red river rivalry lol, actually this isn't a laughing matter.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#13247 May 20, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh heavens no. I can't speak for Oklahoma but basements are rather a rare thing in Texas. Some areas the water table is too close to the surface for a basement. Others are too sandy I guess. Some of the old storm cellars are kinda scary if they aren't kept cleaned. Spiders and stuff like that. I have a friend whose aunt kept cots, transistor radio and a port-a-potty in hers. She also kept her canning in there. It was fancy. LOL
I always wondered why they don't have a shallow coffin looking shelter you could lay down in for 20 min that's flush with he ground? It would be way cheaper it seems as long as you didn't get ripped out of the ground?

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

...

#13248 May 20, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Oklahoma is again showing tornadoes on the radar, check out wfaa.com radars, it's nasty looking!
I saw the one you posted in another thread. Looks like 3 in OK right now!! Hope everyone in harms way is safe.

Did you hear about the firefighter that was killed.fighting a fire in Dallas? So sad. I heard they found a little boy survivor? Did you hear anything about that?

5225 - betting Dad's farm.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

...

#13249 May 20, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I always wondered why they don't have a shallow coffin looking shelter you could lay down in for 20 min that's flush with he ground? It would be way cheaper it seems as long as you didn't get ripped out of the ground?
I think it's the getting ripped out of the ground part. I have been doing some research. Safe rooms are bolted to something like 16 inches of concrete foundation. There's also a underground type they can put in your garage. They cut through the foundation. The door only sticks up 3 inches so you can still use the garage to park your car in. They also are designed to where you don't have to move the car to access in most cases.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

...

#13250 May 20, 2013
I just heard an possible F5 hit a school in Moore, OK with kids in school. :'(

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#13251 May 20, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the one you posted in another thread. Looks like 3 in OK right now!! Hope everyone in harms way is safe.
Did you hear about the firefighter that was killed.fighting a fire in Dallas? So sad. I heard they found a little boy survivor? Did you hear anything about that?
5225 - betting Dad's farm.
There's a massive tornado that just ripped through Moore, it's so big people didn't know it was an actual tornado and it hit an Elementary school and kids might be trapped I just heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do you SEE? 6 min SLY WEST 176
happy birthday figginator!!! (Oct '11) 27 min sad kevin 53
Find The Changes 5 hr Just Slim 59
Plug tobacco 11 hr ArmyBaseballGuy 1
Word association game (Sep '12) 15 hr Honest Babe 905
lottery language. 18 hr EASY AS PIE 1
Im in love w two men 18 hr confused in cali 1
More from around the web