Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#12545 Apr 28, 2013
Morning Rickster!!

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#12547 Apr 28, 2013
_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good, thanks. The GF has recruited me to help her set up her new shop. Business is very good, so she needed a bigger place. Then I'll be throwing some ribs on the BBQ.
We've got ribeyes for dinner. Well, actually Tony's having a ribeye and I'll just have a baked potato. I'm not that big on meat, but every now and then I enjoy a little bit of steak.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#12550 Apr 28, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Ruby - Jimmy has a "radio station" online and on Sirius. The format is not only Jimmy's music but also the musicians that influenced him and his friends. They also broadcast every concert live plus have replays of past concerts. It's pretty cool as there is some interviews and discussion before each show conducted by Savannah Jane, his oldest daughter that co-authored the children's book The Jolly Mon. Last night I was listening and posting on a Buffett discussion forum with some old friends.
Gosh, she would be grown by now~~I was thinking she's still a
little kid.
Have you ever heard about JB's place in Costa Rica?
Heard his family spent a lot of time there when their kids
were growing up.
Very secluded paradise setting, and a place to land his beloved
hydro-plane.

#12551 Apr 28, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, she would be grown by now~~I was thinking she's still a
little kid.
Have you ever heard about JB's place in Costa Rica?
Heard his family spent a lot of time there when their kids
were growing up.
Very secluded paradise setting, and a place to land his beloved
hydro-plane.
Savannah was born in 1979. Never knew about Costa Rica, either did the hubs. I know his old friend Jerry Jeff Walker has a place in Belize. I know one thing about flying with Buffett. I won't go to Jamaica with him. LOL hmmmmm Jimmy is playing Austin Thursday. I wonder if Scamp is going to make a surprise appearance? His son Django Walker was with him last night. I may just have to not only listen but record that one. I got a good friend from Boise going to that show.

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#12552 Apr 28, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning everyone~~
Having my second cup of coffee, Columbian with a hefty splash of 1/2 & 1/2.
DD~I'm not familiar with the JB concert thing you
mentioned.
George Jones was a force to be reckoned with when
he was drinking. I'm suprised he lived to the ripe
old age of 81 with some of the things he's done.
Shout out to Junket~~
I'll get you my little pretty for giving Cov a prop
for calling me a blind old bat...
:O)
Ruby, you can run but you cannot catch me. I believe you referenced Cov as a shrimp. Now say sorry to Cov, and you'll get a prop. Don't get all fussy with the apology. A paragraph or two will suffice.

Start with "My Dear Lady Covcas, I am filled with remorse for referring to you in a manner that was both beneath my dignity and casting aspersions upon your loveliness... etc.

Now hopto. We're burning daylight and the longer you wait, the more likely I'll think you don't want your prop.

#12553 Apr 28, 2013
BWAHAHAHAHA

*sits back and eats popcorn*

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#12554 Apr 28, 2013
We're all safe and sound here. Tornado sirens went off and we hunkered down in the basement for about half an hour. Lights flickered a few times, then it started hailing. Very exciting. Or in the words of Buzz "that was fun---NOT!" Kristen had a panic attack and turned pale as a ghost, the cat was meowing like crazy because he was removed from his comfort zone. Buzz was a little scared and Tony was very nonchalant about it all. He went into his workroom which is in the safe part of the basement, but he didn't want to listen to the cat. I've never in the 10 years we've been here heard the tornado sirens go off. Glad to know they work. Me? I almost peed my pants, but was trying to be calm for Kristen and Buzz. So glad it's over.

#12555 Apr 28, 2013
Oh damn covcas. So glad you're okay? Was there a tornado that touched ground? Hail is one of the 5 warning signs of the tornado. Did you have the others besides sirens? Whenever I used to get the green sky I got antsy. Happened quite a bit living in tornado alley.

Green Sky
Hail
Debris cloud
still and quiet
sirens

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#12556 Apr 28, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Oh damn covcas. So glad you're okay? Was there a tornado that touched ground? Hail is one of the 5 warning signs of the tornado. Did you have the others besides sirens? Whenever I used to get the green sky I got antsy. Happened quite a bit living in tornado alley.
Green Sky
Hail
Debris cloud
still and quiet
sirens
I haven't seen any reports of one touching down. the hail came after the worst of it had passed over. No trees down or anything on our street, so I guess the neighborhood was safe. Yeah, the green sky is scary to see--and the stillness is definitely eerie. I figured Ruby might have seen it on local news and I sure wanted to let her know we are all a-ok down here. They had the bad weather last night.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#12558 Apr 28, 2013
My Dear Lady Covcas~~
Glad you're okay ya litte shrimp...

#12559 Apr 28, 2013
_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
When I'm back east and see a green sky, I start looking for somewhere to hide. Even without the tornado, the winds usually get very strong.
LOL In Texas there's this little ritual. It's called watching for the tornado. Whenever bad weather comes in someone, when I was little it was Daddy, would go outside and watch the sky. If I had been with covcas, I would have done just that before hitting the basement. In fact one year, a group of us were tailgating at a Kenny Chesney concert with some on air personalities from the local Country radio station when me and another guy noticed the sky about 30 miles north of us. It was a classic wall cloud formation that can be a precursor to a tornado. We just sat back and watched and eventually grew tired and joined the party again.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#12560 Apr 28, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't seen any reports of one touching down. the hail came after the worst of it had passed over. No trees down or anything on our street, so I guess the neighborhood was safe. Yeah, the green sky is scary to see--and the stillness is definitely eerie. I figured Ruby might have seen it on local news and I sure wanted to let her know we are all a-ok down here. They had the bad weather last night.
Just kidding in my other post, but you know that.
I did see your area being warned just before five o'clock.
Are sirens in your area a new thing or just not needed before
now?
Any hail?
It's rained here the entire week-end with few breaks in the
clouds.

#12561 Apr 28, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
My Dear Lady Covcas~~
Junket's not going to be happy. hehehe Glad it's you and not me.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#12562 Apr 28, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
My Dear Lady Covcas~~
You'll get yours! I'm thinkin;--and my head hurts.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#12563 Apr 28, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Just kidding in my other post, but you know that.
I did see your area being warned just before five o'clock.
Are sirens in your area a new thing or just not needed before
now?
Any hail?
It's rained here the entire week-end with few breaks in the
clouds.
We've had the sirens for a few years--just never heard them go off in our area. We had a little bit of hail, but I've been seeing pictures that friends posted and they got quite a bit and some of it rather large. One guy said they came back from the big A to a cracked windshield and dents in the hood of their car that was outside. Probably a lot of insurance companies will be called. There was one that hit east of us last week that did some damage. Mousie had some bad storms in her area yesterday. Wish she'd check in and let us know she's ok.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#12565 Apr 28, 2013
_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, storms from the north. At my summer cottage in Illinois when my step son was 8, he and my nephew who was the dame age wanted to take my rowboat out. I said fine, and reminded him to watch for dark skies in the north. Sure enough they were on the other side of the lake and the sky in the north turned dark. My GF and me where on the pier. First the wind from the south east quit and it got dead calm. Then the wind started coming from the north. First little ripples on the lake. Within 3 minutes there were whitecaps on the lake, and then 3' waves. Lightning, thunder, the whole works. Me and the GF took cover in the cottage.
Meanwhile, the boys were being blown to the other end of the lake. They were frantically rowing to no availe. I ran down to the other end of the lake to get them. When they got close I could see them crying. There were scared chitless. I got them out of the boat and we ran to the cottage.
In about 20 minutes when the storm blew over, I told them to go get the boat. The looks on their faces were priceless. You would.think I just asked them to cut off their arms. LOL. I'll give you one guess who went and got the boat. He's in his 30's now and still gets the same look on his face anytime I bring that up. Being a California kid he had never seen anything like that. It scared the heck out of him.
That's a great story, Rickster. lol!
Why does the sky get green?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#12566 Apr 28, 2013
covcas wrote:
We're all safe and sound here. Tornado sirens went off and we hunkered down in the basement for about half an hour. Lights flickered a few times, then it started hailing. Very exciting. Or in the words of Buzz "that was fun---NOT!" Kristen had a panic attack and turned pale as a ghost, the cat was meowing like crazy because he was removed from his comfort zone. Buzz was a little scared and Tony was very nonchalant about it all. He went into his workroom which is in the safe part of the basement, but he didn't want to listen to the cat. I've never in the 10 years we've been here heard the tornado sirens go off. Glad to know they work. Me? I almost peed my pants, but was trying to be calm for Kristen and Buzz. So glad it's over.
I'm glad you're safe, Cov. What a scary, scary experience! I don't know what I would become if I had to be in a basement like that. I've never been anywhere near a tornado and don't intend to. The closest I've ever been to one was watching the Wizard of Oz!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#12567 Apr 28, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad you're safe, Cov. What a scary, scary experience! I don't know what I would become if I had to be in a basement like that. I've never been anywhere near a tornado and don't intend to. The closest I've ever been to one was watching the Wizard of Oz!
I was afraid we wouldn't be in Kansas anymore--or Georgia either. Thankfully everything went over us. It was a scary half hour, though. We had some nice chairs and Buzz had a book to read to keep him occupied. Kristen managed to stay hooked up to her computer and phone which helped. Not anything I want to go through any time again soon, though.

#12568 Apr 28, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>That's a great story, Rickster. lol!
Why does the sky get green?
Good Question! I had to look it up!

Height of storm clouds and refraction of light. http://www.news.wisc.edu/15301

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#12569 Apr 28, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Question! I had to look it up!
Height of storm clouds and refraction of light. http://www.news.wisc.edu/15301
Thanks, Dazzle! Also, I had no idea the sky is more violet than blue. I'm not very good at anything scientific.
I would have believed the grasshopper and frog tale. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chub bttm pig for yahoo chat 2 hr ohiokid2007 1
nice people only forum (Oct '15) 3 hr _Susan_ 302
Gay Guys SC 20 hr motye8 139
Word association game (Sep '12) 21 hr -Scare__ Crow- 1,712
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) Fri Recon Beeker 4,685
The Official Complaint Department (May '12) Fri _Susan_ 3,474
Dirty snaps for snapcash Fri ZoSophi 2
More from around the web