Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“" Small Fry " 1/14/17”

Since: Feb 11

Pokeatwat Farms , Maine USA

#12310 Apr 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>OH hell! It took me a minute to get this one. LOL=-- she surely would've given you the slap if you'd said anything. Charlie's Pride! OMG.
^5s ,,lmao

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#12311 Apr 20, 2013
Mahalia Jackson. In the Summer of his years. A tribute to JFK. I went to Dallas several years ago and saw a big white X where JFK was shot. Tony and I both got a chill. And Dealy Plaza. I don't know if we will ever know the truth behind that. I personally don't believe it was one person, but that's just me I can certainly say I grew up in a wonderful era--even though I saw the assasinations of JFK, MLK, and Robert Kennedy. I also saw the first man on on moon, Sputnik, our space legacy, Kent State, Viet Nam (not that that's a high point) the first desert war, 9/11. Oh gosh we've just lived through so much and it's all been so interesting--what tales we have to tell our grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Some of it so horrific, yet some of it oh so very memorable and interesting. Will it be interesting to them? I remember going to DC when Kristen was about 10 and going to Arlington to see the eternal flame for JFK, and she had no idea at the time why I was so touched. She also had no interest in the Wall and didn't understand why I did. Now that she's older and has read more history, she's got the picture. We lived that era--and we all have stories to tell from then. A friend of mine married a guy who's father was listed as MIA from Korea. A few years ago, through DNA, they found his body and were at last able to bring him home. Amazing.

“" Small Fry " 1/14/17”

#12312 Apr 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
Mahalia Jackson. In the Summer of his years. A tribute to JFK. I went to Dallas several years ago and saw a big white X where JFK was shot. Tony and I both got a chill. And Dealy Plaza. I don't know if we will ever know the truth behind that. I personally don't believe it was one person, but that's just me I can certainly say I grew up in a wonderful era--even though I saw the assasinations of JFK, MLK, and Robert Kennedy. I also saw the first man on on moon, Sputnik, our space legacy, Kent State, Viet Nam (not that that's a high point) the first desert war, 9/11. Oh gosh we've just lived through so much and it's all been so interesting--what tales we have to tell our grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Some of it so horrific, yet some of it oh so very memorable and interesting. Will it be interesting to them? I remember going to DC when Kristen was about 10 and going to Arlington to see the eternal flame for JFK, and she had no idea at the time why I was so touched. She also had no interest in the Wall and didn't understand why I did. Now that she's older and has read more history, she's got the picture. We lived that era--and we all have stories to tell from then. A friend of mine married a guy who's father was listed as MIA from Korea. A few years ago, through DNA, they found his body and were at last able to bring him home. Amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GVwHPzuK294XX
Ok Ya just had to prove I am older than dust . I remember and also participated in some of that . I burned my BRA in 1967 and in 1972 was buring jungle down .

“" Small Fry " 1/14/17”

#12313 Apr 20, 2013
burning grrrr

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#12314 Apr 20, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
burning grrrr
I was working at the Pentagon in 1969 typing up denials for compassionate reassignments. No one wanted to go to Nam. No one.

This is a song I've sang to Buzz since he was a bsby and one of his favorites.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#12315 Apr 20, 2013
Y'all old.

LOL

“" Small Fry " 1/14/17”

#12316 Apr 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I was working at the Pentagon in 1969 typing up denials for compassionate reassignments. No one wanted to go to Nam. No one.
This is a song I've sang to Buzz since he was a bsby and one of his favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JiAS_LhWcfgXX
I grad high school at 16 an then we had a lady selected service officer here so she didn't like us an I got my Draft notice the next day . I joined the navy an the rest of the story was for little more than 34 yrs . My first cruise ( deployment ) was on the Us Coral Sea CV43 in the south china sea . It was the same carrier my Dad served on in the 1950s Korea conflict . He was proud I drew her . She was my home for 3 cruises there .

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#12317 Apr 20, 2013
Dad--the cookie cutter is grinning like a little skunk here tonight. I made 2 and 1/2 dozen peanut butter cookies last night when I got home from work and there are none left! Does that give you any idea of what my peanut butter cookies must be? Little piglet! Even I can't believe how fast they disappeared. Tony said he ate about 1/2 dozen and he's not even all that crazy about peanut butter cookies, Guess I'll be making mroe cookies tomorrow for this crew.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#12318 Apr 20, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text>I grad high school at 16 an then we had a lady selected service officer here so she didn't like us an I got my Draft notice the next day . I joined the navy an the rest of the story was for little more than 34 yrs . My first cruise ( deployment ) was on the Us Coral Sea CV43 in the south china sea . It was the same carrier my Dad served on in the 1950s Korea conflict . He was proud I drew her . She was my home for 3 cruises there .
And we were proud to serve, were'nt we? I know I damned sure was. One of the highlights of my basic training was when I was chosen to be in the honor guard to raise and lower the flag one day. I was so proud. I cry when I hear our National Anthem, and don't even let me hear TAPS. My mom always said that was the saddest song ever and I tend to agree. We've laid too many to rest

“" Small Fry " 1/14/17”

#12319 Apr 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
Dad--the cookie cutter is grinning like a little skunk here tonight. I made 2 and 1/2 dozen peanut butter cookies last night when I got home from work and there are none left! Does that give you any idea of what my peanut butter cookies must be? Little piglet! Even I can't believe how fast they disappeared. Tony said he ate about 1/2 dozen and he's not even all that crazy about peanut butter cookies, Guess I'll be making mroe cookies tomorrow for this crew.
Lol If my mom makes cookies we all load our pockets up . When we get home the dogs want even eat them so we throw them out for the birds an is always 3 or 4 dead untill the rain washes them away .

“" Small Fry " 1/14/17”

#12320 Apr 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>And we were proud to serve, were'nt we? I know I damned sure was. One of the highlights of my basic training was when I was chosen to be in the honor guard to raise and lower the flag one day. I was so proud. I cry when I hear our National Anthem, and don't even let me hear TAPS. My mom always said that was the saddest song ever and I tend to agree. We've laid too many to rest
My friends back home sent me a battery operated cassett player and some of the first velcrow made . I had tunes to die by is what my RO said . My CO said it was tunes to fly by and he would copy my tapes . I still have the player an the tapes in moms attic .

“" Small Fry " 1/14/17”

#12321 Apr 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>And we were proud to serve, were'nt we? I know I damned sure was. One of the highlights of my basic training was when I was chosen to be in the honor guard to raise and lower the flag one day. I was so proud. I cry when I hear our National Anthem, and don't even let me hear TAPS. My mom always said that was the saddest song ever and I tend to agree. We've laid too many to rest
Proud isnt the word but theres not another that fits and the feeling there is nothing to compare it to either .

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#12323 Apr 20, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text>Proud isnt the word but theres not another that fits and the feeling there is nothing to compare it to either .
I just remember standing tall and proud and thinking nothing in the world could ever compare to that and I still feel that way. I was so proud to serve and so honored that I was able to. Buzz's daddy is over in S. Korea now and it's been rough these past few weeks, but he says he's married to the Army and is doing what it takes. I'm proud of him He volunteered--no draft these days, and they didn't want to take him because he's got a couple of tattoos. He went through a lot because that's where he wants to be and Buzz is so proud of his daddy.

“" Small Fry " 1/14/17”

#12326 Apr 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I just remember standing tall and proud and thinking nothing in the world could ever compare to that and I still feel that way. I was so proud to serve and so honored that I was able to. Buzz's daddy is over in S. Korea now and it's been rough these past few weeks, but he says he's married to the Army and is doing what it takes. I'm proud of him He volunteered--no draft these days, and they didn't want to take him because he's got a couple of tattoos. He went through a lot because that's where he wants to be and Buzz is so proud of his daddy.
My Dad always told me how proud he was . I have 2 sons and the youngest did 4 yrs of ROTC in high school and had an appointment at the Naval Academy . He want to specialize in a new field of engineering which wasn't offered there . He too a full scholarship at UT Knoxville in Engineering and then a masters in water structure and had job offers before he had his last quarter of school finished . His best friend went to West Point and is a Lt on his second tour in Iraq and they talk every week like your soldier does . It was way different when we were in but time change . A safe return home is all we can ask for .

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#12327 Apr 20, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text>My Dad always told me how proud he was . I have 2 sons and the youngest did 4 yrs of ROTC in high school and had an appointment at the Naval Academy . He want to specialize in a new field of engineering which wasn't offered there . He too a full scholarship at UT Knoxville in Engineering and then a masters in water structure and had job offers before he had his last quarter of school finished . His best friend went to West Point and is a Lt on his second tour in Iraq and they talk every week like your soldier does . It was way different when we were in but time change . A safe return home is all we can ask for .
Amen to that Dad. What we hear from him being in S. Korea is not encouraging. Buzz is sleeping, and I'm not far behind. Love you!

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#12328 Apr 21, 2013
covcas wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GVwHPzuK294XX
Good morning to all my fellow baby boomers!!!

This is a great post, Cov.
You're right on, no one wanted to go to Vietnam.
We've been to the traveling Wall when it was displayed in
Chattanooga some years back.
Curlie took some wonderful pictures that day and won first
place in a competition with one of the shots.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#12329 Apr 21, 2013
&fe ature=related

Music from the Vietnam era~~

This is a gritty video to watch in some places,
but right on with exactly what was going on during that time, the reality of it.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#12330 Apr 21, 2013
Special shout out this morning for:

(((PERFESSOR)))

You better check your boney bowhunkus in by
role call mister, if you know what's good for you...

(just want to know you're okay)

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#12331 Apr 21, 2013
I wuzza taking a nap! That hollerin' woke me up. What's going on? Looks like Cov is really sleeping in today, huh? Guess that's okay, cause it is Sunday, ain't it? Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Another pretty day here, and close to ideal temps for me.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#12332 Apr 21, 2013
Yep! I surely was sleeping late. And thinking I could still be snoozing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snapchat 2016 2 hr Stremblay58 99
Snapchat 2017 3 hr Letsplay24422 5
Welcome to the basement (Feb '12) 5 hr Ricky F 483
What is Trolling? (Feb '11) 5 hr Ricky F 175
Real Milf Dating 6 hr Mego Batman 6
Dirty snapchat 6 hr Mego Batman 40
40 year old nude for teens 6 hr Mego Batman 16
More from around the web