Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#11514 Mar 31, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Be sure to leave plenty of room in the trunk for the naked Knight.
I hope we don't get pulled over. Who has the bail money?
Uh--I thought you had the bail money. Lots of room for the naked one--no clothes to pack for him. Frankly, I find him a little too scrawny for my taste.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#11515 Mar 31, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Better pack a lot--we've got miles and miles to go to pick up everyone. Are you going to be Thelma or Louise this trip? And I suppose you're doing the driving?
Louise~~because she's the driver!
We were not popular some years back on I-75 when you
were driving and pulling the snack wagon.
Do you remember the death threats we received on our
Breaker-Breaker CB channel?

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#11516 Mar 31, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Uh--I thought you had the bail money. Lots of room for the naked one--no clothes to pack for him. Frankly, I find him a little too scrawny for my taste.
He is a skinny little fellow. I'm sure you have something around the diner to fatten him up. Raccoon?

I don't have the bail money. I sure in hell hope it wasn't in Ricky's wallet!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#11517 Mar 31, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a skinny little fellow. I'm sure you have something around the diner to fatten him up. Raccoon?
I don't have the bail money. I sure in hell hope it wasn't in Ricky's wallet!
We can fatten him up in no time with grits, butter and sugar.
Something about the way us Southerners' cook grits makes our
menfolk kind of bloat, like a Teletubbie...

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#11519 Mar 31, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
We can fatten him up in no time with grits, butter and sugar.
Something about the way us Southerners' cook grits makes our
menfolk kind of bloat, like a Teletubbie...
A bloated naked Knight in the trunk?
This is going to be the best trip EVER!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#11520 Mar 31, 2013
Rickster- wrote:
Happy Easter everyone.
We are going to an Easter egg hunt in the country. Actually, there are two hunts. One for the kids and then one for the adults. Can't wait to see what goodies I'll collect.
You ladies be careful on your trip and be sure to tell "her" Rickster said "hi." Hee hee
That sounds like a fun time~~
Be sure and let us know what you find~lol
Careful on our road trip?
Careful is our middle name...

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#11521 Mar 31, 2013
Rickster- wrote:
Happy Easter everyone.
We are going to an Easter egg hunt in the country. Actually, there are two hunts. One for the kids and then one for the adults. Can't wait to see what goodies I'll collect.
You ladies be careful on your trip and be sure to tell "her" Rickster said "hi." Hee hee
Have a fun safe trip...but remember any goodies you collect
will have to be brought back to the diner and shared.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#11522 Mar 31, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your mind out of the gutter, JD~~
He won't be naked, we let him keep his shoes...

Level 6

Oklahoma City, OK

#11523 Mar 31, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
th

Oh that reminds me..I need to grab my car sick pills.
Does Randman have our bail money????

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#11524 Mar 31, 2013

Gitarzan (Ray Stevens)

If this doesn't make you at least smile, then your funny bone is on the blink...

“Resist Persist Enlist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

United States

#11525 Mar 31, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I saw something cute using the rice krispie treats--instead of spreading them out in a pan, make little nests out of them, put a couple of those candy coated malt balls in each one (the ones that look like pretty speckled eggs), then place a peep on top. So cute--looked like little birdies on a nest. Dont think you could do that with store bought ones. I've used corn flakes instead of rice krispies, added some green food color and shaped them into wreaths for Christmas. Little red cinnamon candies and the tiny silver balls on them and they're cute, too. The kids like helping make stuff like that.
Thats not a bad idea Covcas, and I'm pretty good at sculpting - I could make the store bought work. it's cooking that throws me off my pony

Overall. it was a great fun. Met some new people, shared some hooch in my soviet era flask, and was relieved to find that outside of deviled eggs, most purchased their portion of the pot luck.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#11526 Mar 31, 2013
Good morning covcas and all friendlies! Wishing you a blessed Easter Sunday with family and friends! Peace & Love! FC <3 ...

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#11527 Mar 31, 2013
Good morning, Lady Cov and all. I hope everyone is having as good a weekend as I am. Yesterday, 2 of my grand daughters, 2 great grand daughters (ages 5 and 3) made deviled eggs and 2 dump cakes. We dyed the egg whites for the deviled eggs (I told them we were making 'rainbow' deviled eggs), and it was surprising at how it really kept their attention; actually more so than the grand daughters. It was a long and busy day, but so memorable. And there's not very much of the 2 cakes left, either. They will all be here shortly, and I don't have any idea as to what they're gonna want to do today, besides make another cake. They enjoy that, and it gives them a sugar high that drives their moms crazy. I tell the moms that you gotta pay for your raising.

I spent a couple hours reading last night, and wasn't very happy reading a lot of comments. It really brought to mind my favorite prayer that I feel is needed now.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

I've got to say that I would hope to respond the same should another need prayers and support, for what ever reason. I won't look back, because I'm not going that direction. I want to see what tomorrow holds. After all, it will be April's Fool day. Y'all have a blessed day.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#11528 Mar 31, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not a bad idea Covcas, and I'm pretty good at sculpting - I could make the store bought work. it's cooking that throws me off my pony
Overall. it was a great fun. Met some new people, shared some hooch in my soviet era flask, and was relieved to find that outside of deviled eggs, most purchased their portion of the pot luck.
Your post about them had me laughing--it reminded me of the commercial with the guy finding out his wife is buying the scrumptious whatever bars. she's in deep, babe. That one cracks me up. She's won blue ribbons for them and all that.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#11529 Mar 31, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
Good morning covcas and all friendlies! Wishing you a blessed Easter Sunday with family and friends! Peace & Love! FC <3 ...
Easter blessings to you and yours, FC. This is the best day ever (in my opinion). The promise to us all of a new life.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#11530 Mar 31, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Good morning, Lady Cov and all. I hope everyone is having as good a weekend as I am. Yesterday, 2 of my grand daughters, 2 great grand daughters (ages 5 and 3) made deviled eggs and 2 dump cakes. We dyed the egg whites for the deviled eggs (I told them we were making 'rainbow' deviled eggs), and it was surprising at how it really kept their attention; actually more so than the grand daughters. It was a long and busy day, but so memorable. And there's not very much of the 2 cakes left, either. They will all be here shortly, and I don't have any idea as to what they're gonna want to do today, besides make another cake. They enjoy that, and it gives them a sugar high that drives their moms crazy. I tell the moms that you gotta pay for your raising.
I spent a couple hours reading last night, and wasn't very happy reading a lot of comments. It really brought to mind my favorite prayer that I feel is needed now.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
I've got to say that I would hope to respond the same should another need prayers and support, for what ever reason. I won't look back, because I'm not going that direction. I want to see what tomorrow holds. After all, it will be April's Fool day. Y'all have a blessed day.
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Are you teaching the girls how to make dump cakes? Thank you also for your prayers--not just today but always. I think some anger is being expressed an that's not necessarily bad. And some of us have just decided not to be bitter or upset but have a little fun--maybe laugh at ourselves and help each other get over the hurt, anger, etc that this has brought to so many. There's still a moon every night, and there are still those that are in need of prayer and our positive thoughts. We did something good and fine and should know that we acted in good faith and with compassion in our hearts.
Enjoy this most blessed of days, for I believe, as do many, that truly He is risen.

Level 6

Oklahoma City, OK

#11533 Mar 31, 2013
Rickster- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bring back everything that isn't consumed. My GF is driving, so my consumption will be higher.
:)
Lord been there done that...take an extra bottle.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#11534 Mar 31, 2013
Happy Easter, covcas and everyone. I hope whatever you do today, it is peaceful and rejuvenating. It's been a strange week, and today is a day for renewal.

Love and blessings to all.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#11535 Mar 31, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
Happy Easter, covcas and everyone. I hope whatever you do today, it is peaceful and rejuvenating. It's been a strange week, and today is a day for renewal.
Love and blessings to all.
Happy Easter to you also. It is definitely a day of renewal. I love the resurrection even more than the birth. I can't explain it well, but with the birth we were given hope, but with the resurrection we see that we have that second chance at life and a new beginning.

“Resist Persist Enlist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

United States

#11536 Mar 31, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Your post about them had me laughing--it reminded me of the commercial with the guy finding out his wife is buying the scrumptious whatever bars. she's in deep, babe. That one cracks me up. She's won blue ribbons for them and all that.
don't ask - don't tell (worked for me)

Happy Easter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association game (Sep '12) 3 min -Sprocket- 2,522
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 4 min -Sprocket- 7,132
Game---"Make a Sentence" (Mar '12) 13 min So_da_lish_us 4,213
Topix Posters Music Thread 13 min -Sprocket- 367
Play "end of word" (May '12) 14 min So_da_lish_us 443
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 57 min -Sprocket- 958
Post anything using the Letter M! (Aug '12) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 492
More from around the web