Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#9150 Mar 10, 2013
covcas wrote:
Finally dragged my poor old tired butt into the kitchen and threw a dump cake in the oven. Good thing we had plenty of leftovers to make a meal of tonight. That "bulk" shopping always wears me out. I can barely lift the case of water and pepsi's and Sunny d into the cart. The to have to put them into my car after that! Someone went with me yesterday and talked me into getting him a 3 lb bad of jellie beans. They sure are good! I don't like the black ones, as I don't like licorice but the rest of them passed the test! Everyone here is tired and sore from the painting, etc they've been doing for Kristen's new home. It's coming together quite nicely though. Best thing is I've seen her go from a Princess to a very loving wife and learning to work together with her husband and make decisions as a team. Yay! Something wore off on her. I think we've done it right. She's been frugal, made joint decisions with her husband and they've worked side by side in this adventure. Wonderful to see and Tony and I couldn't be prouder. I'll look back on my life at some point and figure I did a pretty darned good job and was a role model. Yeah, I'm boasting but truth be told, I wasn't sure I did it right all this time.
You have every right to be bragging about those kids. It is clear you taught both of them well. There is no doubt that you had a positive influence on both those kids! Job well done!

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#9151 Mar 10, 2013
Angie----- wrote:
<quoted text>Frog gigging from a recliner? Wow..Were they floating recliners? If not, you guys must have an abundance of frogs..The frogs aren't out here yet..I haven't heard crickets of anything yet..On a good note the time went forward last night..Spring is on the way!!!!
LOL the hunts are the best..Some days he just reads
me the tv guide over and over and over. But thank
God he is here to do so.
We may get to 80% Fri. can hardly wait.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#9152 Mar 10, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
We'd make a good Jelly Bean pair... I only eat the black jelly beans.
I'm thinking we might make a good pair on a lot of things. We could do Christmas cookies together and just have a great time in the kitchen.

ArtGal

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

#9153 Mar 10, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm thinking we might make a good pair on a lot of things. We could do Christmas cookies together and just have a great time in the kitchen.
I drink a lot of wine when I bake...

I drink a lot of beer when I cook...

I just drink a lot.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#9154 Mar 10, 2013

Great song for AG this evening~~

Winning by Santana

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#9155 Mar 10, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
I drink a lot of wine when I bake...
I drink a lot of beer when I cook...
I just drink a lot.
Get out of that hospital and I'll buy you a keg~~
Your choice of brand.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#9156 Mar 10, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
You have every right to be bragging about those kids. It is clear you taught both of them well. There is no doubt that you had a positive influence on both those kids! Job well done!
you just never know until you see them venture out on their own. I'm sure all parents have those little nagging doubts. Did we do it right? Did we prepare them to be on their own? Did we? Did we? I feel so proud of her and the young woman she's become. We raised her more so than her mother did so the onus is on us. Yep. I'm feeling very proud of her about now. She rebelled as all teenagers do and yet, she's kept to the values we tried to instill in her. We tried to be the example all these years, and it seems she learned from us. Much more so than I ever would have thought.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#9157 Mar 10, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm thinking we might make a good pair on a lot of things. We could do Christmas cookies together and just have a great time in the kitchen.
Could I join in?
I'd be perfectly content being a prep~~
You know, slice, dice, crush and chop...

ArtGal

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

#9158 Mar 10, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Od9FkRvvnrgXX
Great song for AG this evening~~
Winning by Santana
Love Santana!

I have to walk 10 feet... Be back in an hour LOL

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#9159 Mar 10, 2013
Speaking of Jelly Beans, I like to go to the Green
Grocer and pick out a bag of different flavors.
Some of the flavors are unusual but really good.
Now I'm hungry for JB's, glad Easter is just around
the corner...

Since: Nov 11

The kernel of truth

#9160 Mar 10, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
We'd make a good Jelly Bean pair... I only eat the black jelly beans.
Damm Sister!

Must be a Pittsburgh thing

My Grandfather owned a candy store in the Monongahela Valley

Black licorice back then was such a part of my childhood

To this day I rarely eat "candy" that isn't licorice flavored, the real being my favorite

#9161 Mar 10, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Could I join in?
I'd be perfectly content being a prep~~
You know, slice, dice, crush and chop...
Can I help? I will do whatever I am told. Here, anyone need wine or beer? Both?

#9162 Mar 10, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>you just never know until you see them venture out on their own. I'm sure all parents have those little nagging doubts. Did we do it right? Did we prepare them to be on their own? Did we? Did we? I feel so proud of her and the young woman she's become. We raised her more so than her mother did so the onus is on us. Yep. I'm feeling very proud of her about now. She rebelled as all teenagers do and yet, she's kept to the values we tried to instill in her. We tried to be the example all these years, and it seems she learned from us. Much more so than I ever would have thought.
I think they all have to mess up a little. Some more than others too. It helps them appreciate our teachings. It is such a good feeling to sit back grinning and think dang, they listened.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9163 Mar 10, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I help? I will do whatever I am told. Here, anyone need wine or beer? Both?
Just a ginger ale for me and a hot fudge Sunday.:)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9164 Mar 10, 2013
Please and thank you.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

NOT about each other!

#9165 Mar 10, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>you just never know until you see them venture out on their own. I'm sure all parents have those little nagging doubts. Did we do it right? Did we prepare them to be on their own? Did we? Did we? I feel so proud of her and the young woman she's become. We raised her more so than her mother did so the onus is on us. Yep. I'm feeling very proud of her about now. She rebelled as all teenagers do and yet, she's kept to the values we tried to instill in her. We tried to be the example all these years, and it seems she learned from us. Much more so than I ever would have thought.
I don't think we ever really know the answer to that preparation until we see their children grown, or nearly grown. At least, I had some doubts on how we did until the grands were close to adulthood. Y'all have a good'n.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

NOT about each other!

#9166 Mar 10, 2013
z kernel wrote:
<quoted text>
Damm Sister!
To this day I rarely eat "candy" that isn't licorice flavored, the real being my favorite
Remember back in the day when you could go to the county fair/carnival, and get a large 'rope' of licorice about 3 ft. long for a quarter? That's where most of my allowance for that week went. It was a high quality licorice, too. Sure miss that. Wish I had one now to have Ruby to slip under ArtGal's door.

ArtGal

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

#9167 Mar 10, 2013
A cookie party would be amazing. I've got 6 bedrooms and a pull out sofa.=)

ArtGal

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

#9168 Mar 10, 2013
z kernel wrote:
<quoted text>
Damm Sister!
My grandmother always bought me a pound of black jelly beans for Easter. I would eat them until I got sick.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#9169 Mar 10, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>Can I help? I will do whatever I am told. Here, anyone need wine or beer? Both?
I would like to join in but I would like to bring the tequila.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senator John McCain: Passed away today our hea... 4 hr Hollywood 1
Retrieving Deleted Thread 6 hr me again 3
president S####it hole trump 6 hr magaousttrumpet2020 7
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 7 hr North Mountain 8,512
Word association game (Sep '12) 9 hr Jackie 3,012
**** Last post wins a prop **** New game .. rea... (Jul '12) 9 hr Tank-_- 675
play last word! (Aug '12) 11 hr -Sprocket- 394