Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#6682 Feb 11, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Well~~
I can play the Devil Went Down to Georgia better than
Charlie Daniels.
Or would you rather hear, Dueling Banjo's?
I don't want to hear or see anyone in here squealing like a piggy!

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#6683 Feb 11, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want to hear or see anyone in here squealing like a piggy!
No squealing like a pig????
What next~~no shine or puff puff pass?

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#6684 Feb 11, 2013
http://www.google.com/search...

There's just too many rules here, if anyone
needs me this is my new hangout...

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#6685 Feb 11, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Well~~
I can play the Devil Went Down to Georgia better than
Charlie Daniels.
Or would you rather hear, Dueling Banjo's?
Bofum! They're a couple of the best fiddle tunes I've heard. Ya'll have a good'n.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#6686 Feb 11, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Good morning, Lady Cov and all. Thanks, everyone for all the well wishes. It hasn't been an easy 52 years, especially on the wife, but they've been good years, especially when you can put the bad out of your mind and focus on the good. Oh, before I forget it; Ruby, we're redneck country folks, we don't know what a violin is. We enjoy some good fiddle playing, though. Again, thanks, and y'all have a blessed day.
Good morning and happy anniversary to you and your bride, perfessor. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you are a member of the "Silent Generation," a generation I very much honor and respect. Here's some reading for you when you have a chance:

http://jamesrbrett.com/TheSilentGeneration/

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

#6687 Feb 11, 2013
perfessor,

For the longest time I have been in awe of your grace and dignity. After this past weekend I find myself humbled by you character.

I want to first congratulate you on reaching this milestone. 52 years married is no small feat even in the best of circumstances. At a time where it is easier and more fashionable to just say eff it and start all over again when there are indiscretions within the marriage, you two fought to repair and save your marriage. Your wife should be recognized for her gracious ability to forgive, but you are to be commended as well. I'm sure the road to forgiveness, repair and trust was not an easy one for you to navigate. Obviously because you're now where you are and I see you looking back not afraid or embarrassed to admit where you have been shows a dignity and grace greater than that dispensed to you the past few days.

I am proud to know you. Congratulations to you and Mrs prefessor on both your sobrietoy but both your amazing legacy of marriage.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#6688 Feb 11, 2013
Good Monday, everyone!
Great news about ArtGal. It's amazing she's already asking for her iPad, considering what she's been though. Tough girl!

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6689 Feb 11, 2013
Chrissyface wrote:
I found this place easier today YAY! mommyface is doing better and has asked us to bring her iPad to her. it'll be wiped down and disinfected and then they will give it to her. she says thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and that as soon as they give her the iPad she will be posting so watch out.
Outstanding. Thank you for update, Chrissyface.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

#6690 Feb 11, 2013
Chrissyface wrote:
I found this place easier today YAY! mommyface is doing better and has asked us to bring her iPad to her. it'll be wiped down and disinfected and then they will give it to her. she says thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and that as soon as they give her the iPad she will be posting so watch out.
YAY!!!! I am so happy!!!

I'm also wondering if there is a significance to AG's coming back the same day the pope retires?

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6691 Feb 11, 2013
Good morning all. Just coffee for me this morning, Cov. I've got some work to do around the house today. A few unfinished projects that need to get finished.

Level 10

NOT about each other!

#6692 Feb 11, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning and happy anniversary to you and your bride, perfessor. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you are a member of the "Silent Generation," a generation I very much honor and respect. Here's some reading for you when you have a chance:
http://jamesrbrett.com/TheSilentGeneration/
Thanks, Barbi. That is greatly appreciated. I came alon in Sep. of 1041. I did bookmark this page; I do want to spend some reading time there. Y'all have a good'n.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6694 Feb 11, 2013
Congrats and Happy Anniversary Perf.

Level 10

NOT about each other!

#6695 Feb 11, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
perfessor,
For the longest time I have been in awe of your grace and dignity. After this past weekend I find myself humbled by you character.
I want to first congratulate you on reaching this milestone. 52 years married is no small feat even in the best of circumstances. At a time where it is easier and more fashionable to just say eff it and start all over again when there are indiscretions within the marriage, you two fought to repair and save your marriage. Your wife should be recognized for her gracious ability to forgive, but you are to be commended as well. I'm sure the road to forgiveness, repair and trust was not an easy one for you to navigate. Obviously because you're now where you are and I see you looking back not afraid or embarrassed to admit where you have been shows a dignity and grace greater than that dispensed to you the past few days.
I am proud to know you. Congratulations to you and Mrs prefessor on both your sobrietoy but both your amazing legacy of marriage.
Thanks, Dazzle. You are too kind. You're right; that first 3 or 4 years of sobriety were extremely hard on me, the wife, and the kids. It took about 4 years for our oldest daughter to have enough trust in me to sit down and discuss stuff. The reward was well worth the pain and suffering to get there, too. Hope you have a fantastic day.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

South El Monte, CA

#6696 Feb 11, 2013
good news - thanks Chrissy

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#6697 Feb 11, 2013

A Little Too Late (Toby Keith)

I laughed so hard when I saw this video for
the first time.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#6698 Feb 11, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
Good morning all. Just coffee for me this morning, Cov. I've got some work to do around the house today. A few unfinished projects that need to get finished.
Coffee it is for you then! Have a great day!

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#6699 Feb 11, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Barbi. That is greatly appreciated. I came alon in Sep. of 1041. I did bookmark this page; I do want to spend some reading time there. Y'all have a good'n.
Damn! You're way older that I thought you were! LOL--sneaky typos!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#6700 Feb 11, 2013
Just wondering if anybody saw this last night...it's well worth watching!
Elton John, Mumford & Sons, and all the other greats singing for the teachers and children at Sandy Hook:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturevid...

Level 10

NOT about each other!

#6701 Feb 11, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Damn! You're way older that I thought you were! LOL--sneaky typos!
LOL!! This is a helluva time to proofread! That was surnuff a typo. Even I don't feel that old.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6702 Feb 11, 2013
Chrissyface wrote:
Yay, yippee fricken skippee. I am so glad to hear your mommyface is doing better and that all our positive thoughts and prayers are working. Your mom is a fantastic lady and keeps us all going. She is such a kick in the pants and I know that I always look forward to her witty posts. Looking forward to her return. Thank you Chrissyface, take care
Oh BTW, this is DF

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wife makes me wear her dirty thongs. 28 min North Mountain 2
local roadside assistance great prices 1 hr Sandy 5
R0le [email protected] 2 hr Chat 1
Dirty Dem Truth 5 hr Wise old man of P... 1
make americ great again 7 hr Abe L 5
Men; Do U like the pubic hair resurgence on Wom... 9 hr North Mountain 3
keep taste of the danforth greek 12 hr Just Asking 10
More from around the web