Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#6100 Feb 3, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
They are if you put stuff on them. Everything I mentioned I purchased at Costco
Haven't been to Costco in a long time. I tend to overbuy there. It's just the two of us.

_RandMan_

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6101 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
We like it. You just use the amount of jalapenos you are comfortable with. Oh and I used pickled, not fresh.
I'm gonna try it. I love coleslaw and I love jalapenos. I prefer the pickled ones too.

#6102 Feb 3, 2013
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm gonna try it. I love coleslaw and I love jalapenos. I prefer the pickled ones too.
I use fresh when I make salsa. The fresh ones can vary in the degree of hot, and that's why I don't use them in the coleslaw. It seems to me the pickled ones have melded together and have an equal degree of hotness.

_RandMan_

Location hidden

#6103 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
I use fresh when I make salsa. The fresh ones can vary in the degree of hot, and that's why I don't use them in the coleslaw. It seems to me the pickled ones have melded together and have an equal degree of hotness.
I've noticed the same thing. Sometimes the fresh ones have just too much bite. The pickled ones seem to be consistent.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#6104 Feb 3, 2013
Sorry if some of you did not get served very quickly. I took advantage of the little one being gone and snuck in a power nap. Sure felt good.

#6105 Feb 3, 2013
We just sat here and chatted about food. I'm good right now. Aren't naps wondeful? Hubby is taking one now. I'm watching the movie Fool's Gold and turned down the crock pot.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#6106 Feb 3, 2013
This looks like a really nice thread.

Is it always this nice or does it
have it's own drama?

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#6107 Feb 3, 2013
covcas wrote:
Sorry if some of you did not get served very quickly. I took advantage of the little one being gone and snuck in a power nap. Sure felt good.
Until I got near the end of your post I thought you were going to say you snuck in a nooner. My bad.

#6109 Feb 3, 2013
arctic wrote:
have it's own drama?
Out of respect for covcas, we all attempt to be on our best behavior here. It is understood that bickering, fighting and cuts are not welcome here.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

NOT about each other!

#6110 Feb 3, 2013
arctic wrote:
have it's own drama?
Naw, this is one of the finest threads on this forum. Really some great people here. I think you'll like them. Y'all have a good'n.

#6111 Feb 3, 2013
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Until I got near the end of your post I thought you were going to say you snuck in a nooner. My bad.
Maybe she did, but she's too much of a lady to say?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6112 Feb 3, 2013
arctic wrote:
have it's own drama?
Usually no drama. Most of us who post here get along.

Hello everyone. Happy Superbowl Sunday.

#6113 Feb 3, 2013
I Bertie! I've got my roast on and the slaw done. We're having pulled pork sandwiches. Do you have any special plans?

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#6114 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of respect for covcas, we all attempt to be on our best behavior here. It is understood that bickering, fighting and cuts are not welcome here.
That's good.

There Are a few threads like this
on Offbeat.
Some of the finest ppl you would
ever meet.

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#6115 Feb 3, 2013
arctic wrote:
have it's own drama?
You've seen me posting elsewhere. Sometimes I can be a butthead. Never hear though, regardless who else is posting. This thread is the Switzerland of Topix. I think everyone respects that.

Location hidden

#6116 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
I Bertie! I've got my roast on and the slaw done. We're having pulled pork sandwiches. Do you have any special plans?
Yes, friends are coming over. I was a bit bummed as the grocery store was sold out of green zucchini fir my version of nachos. A friend that was with me told me to stop telling people how to make nachos with green Zucchnini instead of chips. After giving my friend a look, I bought yellow Zucchnini for the nachos.

It's Mexican chicken, using boneless skinless chicken breast, for a main meat dish.

Everything I make tends to be on the healthier side, though I do always have something chocolate. This time it's dark chocolate fudge.

My friends all enjoy my cooking and generally there are no left overs.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6117 Feb 3, 2013
Bertie D wrote:
<quoted text>Usually no drama. Most of us who post here get along.

Hello everyone. Happy Superbowl Sunday.
Hi Bertie, I like this thread because everyone here had class and respect for one another. I always feel comfy stopping in just to say hello and catch up on everyone's doings. It is very pleasant and enjoyable.

How are you Bertie?

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#6118 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she did, but she's too much of a lady to say?
Maybe it's called a "Power Nap" where she comes from?

#6119 Feb 3, 2013
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's called a "Power Nap" where she comes from?
Could be. I think you may be on to something.

Location hidden

#6120 Feb 3, 2013
Aubrey Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bertie, I like this thread because everyone here had class and respect for one another. I always feel comfy stopping in just to say hello and catch up on everyone's doings. It is very pleasant and enjoyable.
How are you Bertie?
Hi Aubery. For the most part that is true.

Doing good, just resting for a bit on the couch and enjoying the fire in the fireplace, but will have to get my butt in gear soon.

How you doing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secrets 2 hr Sadie318 8
Leonard dunnam Lucedale Mississippi 7 hr Facts Matter 1
**** Last post wins a prop **** New game .. rea... (Jul '12) 9 hr Princess Hey 822
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 9 hr Princess Hey 1,306
Word association game (Sep '12) 10 hr Jackie 3,315
frAUDS (Oct '17) 11 hr victim 690
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 12 hr -Sprocket- 9,012