Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#6080 Feb 3, 2013
Aubrey Jean wrote:
Good morning Covcas, Ruby and Dazzle. Are you all watching the Super Bowl today? I know I am, just hoping I feel better so I can really enjoy the game.
Morning! Feeling better? Did you sleep?

“MooMod”

Since: Feb 11

Pokeatwat Farms

#6081 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
But I am cold and the fire is warm.
I know you are as your head lights are turned on bright .

#6082 Feb 3, 2013
Morning RandMan!

“MooMod”

Since: Feb 11

Pokeatwat Farms

#6083 Feb 3, 2013
Ya know when a woman gets cold her nipples poke out but when a guy gets cold the turtle hides . I wonder why !

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6084 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>Morning! Feeling better? Did you sleep?
Thanks for asking Dazzle. I truly hate having migraines and feeling as if no matter what I do it just won't help. When it hurts just to put my head on a soft pillow I figure that is the time to get to a hospital. I got home after midnight but it was well worth it. My head feels much better but feels as if I need more sleep so I am going back to bed now. I will call you before the big game.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6085 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Morning RandMan!
Morning Randman, I haven't forgotten about our conversation yesterday. I promise I will take care of that today. I had a bit of a rough day yesterday and had to go to the Hospital for migraine pain and was there until late last night. Once my head clears, I will get that over to you. Enjoy your day and especially watching the 49ers win the big game.

_RandMan_

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6086 Feb 3, 2013
Aubrey Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Randman, I haven't forgotten about our conversation yesterday. I promise I will take care of that today. I had a bit of a rough day yesterday and had to go to the Hospital for migraine pain and was there until late last night. Once my head clears, I will get that over to you. Enjoy your day and especially watching the 49ers win the big game.
I'm glad you're feeling better. My ex-mother-in-law had migraines and I remember how she suffered. Go Niners!

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#6087 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty good. I am about to put on a pork roast for pulled pork sandwiches during the day and make coleslaw with cilantro and japlaenos. How are you?
I'm doing great. Our little one just left to go to a birthday party for his cousin so peace and quiet will reign supreme here for several hours. I may take a nap so I'll be able to stay awake for the big game.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#6088 Feb 3, 2013
_RandMan_ wrote:
Hi Cov, Dazz, KP, Ruby! The big day is finally here! My plan is to go by the office for a few hours and then it's off to the big PAR-TAY! I haven't forgotten my promise, Cov! I just heard on the news that the San Francisco Police Department is anticipating the game as much as I am!
I'll bet they are. Win or lose, there are going to be lots of people in the streets after the game. I'm hoping win!

_RandMan_

Location hidden

#6089 Feb 3, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I'll bet they are. Win or lose, there are going to be lots of people in the streets after the game. I'm hoping win!
After the world series, there were some dumbasses starting cars on fire and breaking windows. They're apparently not going to tolerate that nonsense tonight. I'll be in the north bay so I'll be miles from any of that kind of stupidity.

_RandMan_

Location hidden

#6090 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty good. I am about to put on a pork roast for pulled pork sandwiches during the day and make coleslaw with cilantro and japlaenos. How are you?
Coleslaw with cilantro and jalapenos? I've never had it made that way but it sounds great! Do you put it on the sandwiches?

#6091 Feb 3, 2013
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Coleslaw with cilantro and jalapenos? I've never had it made that way but it sounds great! Do you put it on the sandwiches?
Yes. When I was working there was a "gourmet" food truck that came by perodically that made it that way. I also have had pico de gallo made with cabbage. It freaked me out at first but it's really good. I have made the slaw, got the roast marinating and fixed the surround sound. Hubs is cooking breakfast.

_RandMan_

Location hidden

#6092 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. When I was working there was a "gourmet" food truck that came by perodically that made it that way. I also have had pico de gallo made with cabbage. It freaked me out at first but it's really good. I have made the slaw, got the roast marinating and fixed the surround sound. Hubs is cooking breakfast.
Sounds like you guys will be grubbing down in style during the game! So, do you just make coleslaw the usual way and then throw in the cilantro and pepper? Or are there other ingredients too?

“Pile on the Commie Bots”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Resist Persist Enlist Exist

#6093 Feb 3, 2013
Morning Covcas

The usual cup of kona for me please

and for breakfast, Dr Preager's Spinach Pancakes covered with Havarati cheese and sun dried tomatoes cured in olive oil. Yum

Thanks

#6094 Feb 3, 2013
I usually get a bottled slaw dressing and packaged slaw mix; mixing with the jalapenos and cilantro leaves only. I will let those meld for awhile. Then I will taste and see what I think needs to be added. It seems as if I have to add different things each time but usually it's Cavendars Greek Seasoning and pepper. Maybe a dash of garlic powder.

#6095 Feb 3, 2013
Hi Rose! I've never heard of spinach pancakes. They sound interesting.

_RandMan_

Location hidden

#6096 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
I usually get a bottled slaw dressing and packaged slaw mix; mixing with the jalapenos and cilantro leaves only. I will let those meld for awhile. Then I will taste and see what I think needs to be added. It seems as if I have to add different things each time but usually it's Cavendars Greek Seasoning and pepper. Maybe a dash of garlic powder.
Thanks. I'm gonna have to try it. It sounds delicious.

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#6097 Feb 3, 2013
Good morning all. Hi Cov, just coffee for me this morning. I will be grazing all day on chips, salsa, and dip. Then there's BBQ jumbo shrimp, BBQ hot wings and BBQ ribs. Veggies? We don't need no stinkin veggies. LOL Just BBQ, beer, and football.

“Pile on the Commie Bots”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Resist Persist Enlist Exist

#6098 Feb 3, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Hi Rose! I've never heard of spinach pancakes. They sound interesting.
They are if you put stuff on them. Everything I mentioned I purchased at Costco

#6099 Feb 3, 2013
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. I'm gonna have to try it. It sounds delicious.
We like it. You just use the amount of jalapenos you are comfortable with. Oh and I used pickled, not fresh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does Trump's support of Scottish nationali... 12 min North Mountain 2
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 25 min User Gamer 9,045
play last word! (Aug '12) 32 min User Gamer 452
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 33 min User Gamer 1,311
Word association game (Sep '12) 34 min User Gamer 3,338
Why, did Topix.com just delete the China Forum? 2 hr North Mountain 38
**** Last post wins a prop **** New game .. rea... (Jul '12) 12 hr North Mountain 843