Paradise North Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>But you're a nice poster. Some just don't seem to catch your sense of humor. Their loss.
Thanks Cov~~
I'm still not giving Rickster anything larger than a dixie cup~~
Not a red solo cup, either...

“Wolves in the moonlight”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you and the family enjoyed it~~
It is a great take along dish.
I like to play with the ingredients, too.
Gosh, we sure have shared some recipes over the years...
And we both use mayo and not miracle whip, right? Geez, I bought a couple cans of tuna today--over $1 a can. I'm going to have to stock up on my next BJ's run. I like a tuna sandwich every now and then, and I like to make tuna roll ups when the kids are here. They really like them and they're so easy to make. Roll out a batch of biscuit dough (you know I use bisquick) spread a couple cans of tuna over it, sprinkle shredded cheese on it, roll it up like a jelly roll and bake it at whatever it says for biscuits. I slice them first, but you don't have to. They're just as good if you slice them after they're baked. Great with tomato soup. Quick lunch.

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Edith on the pole. It's not pretty!

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Ok. I was just kidding. This is really Edith. Some of you might recognize certain "parts".

&NR =1&feature=endscreen

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I was not included on your nice list~~
Put down the mason jar, no more coffee, shine, or dump cake for
you, not in the mason jar~~when I lift the ban on you I'll be
handing you a bathroom size dixie cup...
See now, this is why you didn't make the list. LOL

You are on the nice list. As are most the other posters who post here. Only those three are on the "I've never seen them send a smart alec retort" list. However, if you can point me to a post that shows I'm wrong, I'm willing to remove them. LOL

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Cov~~
I'm still not giving Rickster anything larger than a dixie cup~~
Not a red solo cup, either...
PLEEEEESE!!! I'll put you on the list. I can be bribed.

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEEEEESE!!! I'll put you on the list. I can be bribed.
are you feeling well enough to step out back with me? I'm sort of in trouble here--all we needed from the store was milk and I came home $200 poorer! LOL--I sure won't here any complaints when those steaks are being enjoyed.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

covcas wrote:
Edith on the pole. It's not pretty!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fIoup4gVdhUXX
Ever see a brangus hefier try to do the 4 legged pole dance ? Now that's a stomach turner or a laugh till you cry .

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>are you feeling well enough to step out back with me? I'm sort of in trouble here--all we needed from the store was milk and I came home $200 poorer! LOL--I sure won't here any complaints when those steaks are being enjoyed.
I am well enough for a trip out back.

As far as the $200. It's money well spent. About every three months or so, ribeyes go on sale for 5.99 a pound if you buy in bulk. Which is usually around five pounds or more. I will buy around a dozen of them at about a pound each. My favorite steak for sure. I only eat red meat once a week, so I make it good.

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
I am well enough for a trip out back.
As far as the $200. It's money well spent. About every three months or so, ribeyes go on sale for 5.99 a pound if you buy in bulk. Which is usually around five pounds or more. I will buy around a dozen of them at about a pound each. My favorite steak for sure. I only eat red meat once a week, so I make it good.
Tony loves the red meat. I don't eat it much as I have such a hard time digesting it. But if I was going to have a good steak, a rib eye would do, and I'd want it just introduced to the heat! It could still be mooing. Tony likes his well done. Works well for us on those rare occasions we go out. I'll order a steak very rare and after a bite or two, I really don't want anymore. So we bring it home and when he reheats it, he gets a well done steak. Works for us. I prefer chicken.

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text>Ever see a brangus hefier try to do the 4 legged pole dance ? Now that's a stomach turner or a laugh till you cry .
LOL--just the thought of it is funny. Did you see the REAL Edith on the pole? I don't know if the perfessor has. If so, he's too stunned to check in.

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Tony loves the red meat. I don't eat it much as I have such a hard time digesting it. But if I was going to have a good steak, a rib eye would do, and I'd want it just introduced to the heat! It could still be mooing. Tony likes his well done. Works well for us on those rare occasions we go out. I'll order a steak very rare and after a bite or two, I really don't want anymore. So we bring it home and when he reheats it, he gets a well done steak. Works for us. I prefer chicken.
I'm like you, I want that steak trying to flee the plate when I show it the knife and fork.

I do eat a lot of chicken and fish also. The GF is Mexican and man can she cook. She introduced me to a lot of new food. She made me some cactus, carnitas, and salsa stew when I was sick. Man, that stuff is great. It made my nose run more though.

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm like you, I want that steak trying to flee the plate when I show it the knife and fork.
I do eat a lot of chicken and fish also. The GF is Mexican and man can she cook. She introduced me to a lot of new food. She made me some cactus, carnitas, and salsa stew when I was sick. Man, that stuff is great. It made my nose run more though.
Sounds great! Does she fix you chorizo and eggs? Gawd, when I was in Nogales, that's all I wanted for breakfast--chorizo and scrambled eggs. When I came home my lips were so chapped from that spicy food! I love it. How lucky you are. Maybe you can post a recipe from her. Or she can come on and post herself. Whichever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds great! Does she fix you chorizo and eggs? Gawd, when I was in Nogales, that's all I wanted for breakfast--chorizo and scrambled eggs. When I came home my lips were so chapped from that spicy food! I love it. How lucky you are. Maybe you can post a recipe from her. Or she can come on and post herself. Whichever.
Rickster its just a con watch out . Perfesser posted that Covcas post just to get her over to do a pole dance for him . I know he did it . He talks as he types and I can read lips .

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text>Rickster its just a con watch out . Perfesser posted that Covcas post just to get her over to do a pole dance for him . I know he did it . He talks as he types and I can read lips .
Some get pole dances, some get cookies. what can I say?

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Thee_Rickster wrote:
Oh yeah, hello all, and thank you for the well wishes while I was ill. I really appreciate you all.
And a special shout out to the Perfessor. When I mentioned Covcas and Junket as posters who I have never seen be rude in a retort to others, you should have been on that list also.
Well Rickster .... My feelings are hurt too :( I'm like one of THE nicest.

Hey to everyone else . Just a quick run through. Stay safe !!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Hattie I know theres a bad girl inside of you . Grap the pole and show us .

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Hatti! Poor Rickster--damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. And I agree--you are one of the nicest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

I think I took a double dose of my meds today . Any one got a slow down pill for a wild bovine ?

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds great! Does she fix you chorizo and eggs? Gawd, when I was in Nogales, that's all I wanted for breakfast--chorizo and scrambled eggs. When I came home my lips were so chapped from that spicy food! I love it. How lucky you are. Maybe you can post a recipe from her. Or she can come on and post herself. Whichever.
Sorry, I had to take a break to bbq.

I'm not a chorizo fan, but then I don't like breakfast sausage either. She does make Wavos Ranchoes (can't spell that) with homemade refried beans, and her salsa is always home made. Her chili reanos (sb) are to die for. It takes her two days to make those.

She doesn't use recipes. Heck, sometimes I think she makes it up as she goes.

She doesn't use computers. Even in her business she does everything by pen and paper. Besides, she thinks Topix is silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Topix Forum right now

Search the Topix Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mountain Lion in East Tn? (Feb '12) 2 hr still hurting 129
Word association game (Sep '12) 3 hr Katie 716
gay teens in new jersey 5 hr Whaaaat 2
Rose of Tralee's 'Cabinet of Wonders' 6 hr Richard Barlow 28
Does the Hepatitis "A" and "B" prove Non-Native... 15 hr Helms-enator 1
LIBERALs 18 hr 123purples 3
Looking for someone who does childcare/accepts ... 19 hr Washington area 1
•••
•••