Since: Jun 09

Squirrel Haven, TN

#5646 Jan 27, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/coo king/2008/04/dump-cake-a-potlu ckers-paradise/
Oh yeah the recipe~~lol
Go to the bottom of the page and the recipe can
be printed.
I just layer the nuts and coconut after the fruit.
I tried to skimp on the butter one time and it didn't work so well.
Just in time, Ruby. I'm about to go to the store. I just need the cherries and the pineapple. Looks so pretty and sounds yummy. And I'm like Paula Deen used to be with the butter. Do you use the butter straight from the fridge? I just sort of skimmed the recipe. I'll have to make sure I have some ice cream to go on top of this, too.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#5647 Jan 27, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Just in time, Ruby. I'm about to go to the store. I just need the cherries and the pineapple. Looks so pretty and sounds yummy. And I'm like Paula Deen used to be with the butter. Do you use the butter straight from the fridge? I just sort of skimmed the recipe. I'll have to make sure I have some ice cream to go on top of this, too.
I use an alternative butter made out of coconut oil. Is that why my baking sucks? lol! Good morning. The usual. Cup of Kona

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#5648 Jan 27, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/coo king/2008/04/dump-cake-a-potlu ckers-paradise/
Oh yeah the recipe~~lol
Go to the bottom of the page and the recipe can
be printed.
I just layer the nuts and coconut after the fruit.
I tried to skimp on the butter one time and it didn't work so well.
Thanks for the recipe, Ruby. Looks easy and yummy so I'll definitely try it. I love that site because of the step-by-step photos.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#5649 Jan 27, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Just in time, Ruby. I'm about to go to the store. I just need the cherries and the pineapple. Looks so pretty and sounds yummy. And I'm like Paula Deen used to be with the butter. Do you use the butter straight from the fridge? I just sort of skimmed the recipe. I'll have to make sure I have some ice cream to go on top of this, too.
I use it straight from the fridge~~
After sprinkling on the cake mix smooth it out with a fork breaking the large lumps sorta of pressing it down into the
good stuff, then go to town with the pats of butter.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#5650 Jan 27, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I use an alternative butter made out of coconut oil. Is that why my baking sucks? lol! Good morning. The usual. Cup of Kona
One cup of Kona coming right up. Oh Rose, there is nothing better than butter--except for more butter. Or maybe lots of bacon. You've got to splurge every now and then.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#5651 Jan 27, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the recipe, Ruby. Looks easy and yummy so I'll definitely try it. I love that site because of the step-by-step photos.
Hi Barbi! I liked the pictures, too. Especially when making something new. I'm off to the store.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#5652 Jan 27, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I use it straight from the fridge~~
After sprinkling on the cake mix smooth it out with a fork breaking the large lumps sorta of pressing it down into the
good stuff, then go to town with the pats of butter.
After writing that, I sort of figured you'd have to use it from the fridge. I'm outta here for a quick play as Buzz says. Got to go to Ingles and see what I can find.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#5653 Jan 27, 2013
Ok. One Dump cake in the oven! It looked so cute with all those little pats of butter all over the top.

Ruby--I have decided that it would not be a good thing for Curlie and I to ever go shopping together. I cannot resist a good bargain. Actually, Ingles had ribeyes on sale for 8.48 lb instead of the usual 10.98 so I had to buy some. And ground beef 2.48 lb instead of 3.98. My freezer cannot hold anymore. I so want a stand alone freezer to hold my bargains, but Tony won't let me have one. He's afraid we'll lose power and everything would go to waste. LOL--we've been in this house 10 yrs now and have lost power once for about 3 hrs. I don't know why he's so worried.

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5654 Jan 27, 2013
covcas wrote:
Ok. One Dump cake in the oven! It looked so cute with all those little pats of butter all over the top.
Ruby--I have decided that it would not be a good thing for Curlie and I to ever go shopping together. I cannot resist a good bargain. Actually, Ingles had ribeyes on sale for 8.48 lb instead of the usual 10.98 so I had to buy some. And ground beef 2.48 lb instead of 3.98. My freezer cannot hold anymore. I so want a stand alone freezer to hold my bargains, but Tony won't let me have one. He's afraid we'll lose power and everything would go to waste. LOL--we've been in this house 10 yrs now and have lost power once for about 3 hrs. I don't know why he's so worried.
I would like a mason jar full with my dump cake, please. I'm feeling much better today. The worst is over.

Tell Tony a chest type freezer is more energy efficient and will keep things frozen for hours if the power goes out. I have a small one in the outside shed and it's amazing how much it holds.

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5655 Jan 27, 2013
Oh yeah, hello all, and thank you for the well wishes while I was ill. I really appreciate you all.

And a special shout out to the Perfessor. When I mentioned Covcas and Junket as posters who I have never seen be rude in a retort to others, you should have been on that list also.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#5656 Jan 27, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like a mason jar full with my dump cake, please. I'm feeling much better today. The worst is over.
Tell Tony a chest type freezer is more energy efficient and will keep things frozen for hours if the power goes out. I have a small one in the outside shed and it's amazing how much it holds.
One mason jar full coming right up. Be about 20 minutes on the cake, though. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#5657 Jan 27, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
Oh yeah, hello all, and thank you for the well wishes while I was ill. I really appreciate you all.
And a special shout out to the Perfessor. When I mentioned Covcas and Junket as posters who I have never seen be rude in a retort to others, you should have been on that list also.
I meant to tell you before, thank you for the kind words. I try, but I know sometimes I fall a little short. And you're definitely right on the mark with the Perfessor and Junket.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#5658 Jan 27, 2013
OMG! RUBY!!!!! That cake is awesome. Barely got it out of the over before Kristen's husband was into it and I just gave Tony some to go with his afternoon coffee. And the smell of it is wonderful. And so easy to "dump" it all in the pan and bake it up. I guess the most time consuming was cutting the butter up to put on the top and that really didn't take long. I liked some of the ideas for other kinds of fruit. I think this will be a great "go to" dessert to take anywhere or when we have cookouts and family get togethers here. Thank you so much for passing this one along.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#5659 Jan 27, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
Since I was not included on your nice list~~
Put down the mason jar, no more coffee, shine, or dump cake for
you, not in the mason jar~~when I lift the ban on you I'll be
handing you a bathroom size dixie cup...

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#5660 Jan 27, 2013
covcas wrote:
OMG! RUBY!!!!! That cake is awesome. Barely got it out of the over before Kristen's husband was into it and I just gave Tony some to go with his afternoon coffee. And the smell of it is wonderful. And so easy to "dump" it all in the pan and bake it up. I guess the most time consuming was cutting the butter up to put on the top and that really didn't take long. I liked some of the ideas for other kinds of fruit. I think this will be a great "go to" dessert to take anywhere or when we have cookouts and family get togethers here. Thank you so much for passing this one along.
Glad you and the family enjoyed it~~
It is a great take along dish.
I like to play with the ingredients, too.
Gosh, we sure have shared some recipes over the years...

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#5661 Jan 27, 2013
Hey Ruby, how about this. A can of apple pie fruit, diced pears, topped with gingerbread cake mix and the butter. Got my creative juices flowing with the possibilities here.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#5662 Jan 27, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I was not included on your nice list~~
Put down the mason jar, no more coffee, shine, or dump cake for
you, not in the mason jar~~when I lift the ban on you I'll be
handing you a bathroom size dixie cup...
But you're a nice poster. Some just don't seem to catch your sense of humor. Their loss.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#5663 Jan 27, 2013
On the chest type freezer~~
If the power goes out, the trick is don't open it.
Also, freezing gallon jugs of water in the freezer
helps with keeping things from thawing sooner.

I bought several cans of cream of coconut, close out from the holidays I guess.
marked down from 3.69 to .49 a can.
They really wanted to move them out, now I have
to find some recipes.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#5664 Jan 27, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
On the chest type freezer~~
If the power goes out, the trick is don't open it.
Also, freezing gallon jugs of water in the freezer
helps with keeping things from thawing sooner.
I bought several cans of cream of coconut, close out from the holidays I guess.
marked down from 3.69 to .49 a can.
They really wanted to move them out, now I have
to find some recipes.
Pina coladas?

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#5665 Jan 27, 2013
covcas wrote:
Hey Ruby, how about this. A can of apple pie fruit, diced pears, topped with gingerbread cake mix and the butter. Got my creative juices flowing with the possibilities here.
Raisins would be good in your combination, too~~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mountain Lion in East Tn? (Feb '12) 2 hr R_mill 132
Rose of Tralee's 'Cabinet of Wonders' 6 hr Alias 98
Jaw Dropping Commentary puts AARP on the Defense 6 hr benqq 1
in need of partners to start feeding hungry chi... 8 hr rick 8
Speaking in Tongues 10 hr Flashlight 4
Silly Homeland Sec, CIA and Obama Admin Have Un... 12 hr tkravitz30 2
"Topix" Message Board Website Criticized For Al... (May '11) 13 hr agbul 74

Topix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE