Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#5600 Jan 26, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning to you. Not a peep have I heard. I hope she's doing well, also. I read up a little on that stem cell implant and it didn't sound pleasant.
From my talks with her it sounded similar to what one goes through for a bone marrow transplant. As I recall she said she would have to go through chemo similar to bone marrow transplant.

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5601 Jan 26, 2013
Good morning all. Just orange juice for me, Cov. Still feeling poorly this morning.

It would be nice to get an update on AG.

#5602 Jan 26, 2013
Sorry to see you're not feeling well Rickster. Hope it's not the flu.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#5603 Jan 26, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
Good morning all. Just orange juice for me, Cov. Still feeling poorly this morning.
It would be nice to get an update on AG.
OJ it is. Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well (slips a little shine into the juice).

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#5604 Jan 26, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
From my talks with her it sounded similar to what one goes through for a bone marrow transplant. As I recall she said she would have to go through chemo similar to bone marrow transplant.
Yes, it's much the same. They can use your own stem cells (which they have to take from the marrow, I think), then chemo, then replace the stemcells. But there are other ways than that. It really was very interesting to read. I didn't know they've been doing that for so many years, either. Still, having gone through chemo I know how very unpleasant it can be and would certainly not want to have to do it again.

#5605 Jan 26, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it's much the same. They can use your own stem cells (which they have to take from the marrow, I think), then chemo, then replace the stemcells. But there are other ways than that. It really was very interesting to read. I didn't know they've been doing that for so many years, either. Still, having gone through chemo I know how very unpleasant it can be and would certainly not want to have to do it again.
No kidding. The saying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger really applies. I've had two close friends die after their first round of chemo.:(

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#5606 Jan 26, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Sorry to see you're not feeling well Rickster. Hope it's not the flu.
Unfortunately, it is. Going on three days now.

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#5607 Jan 26, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>OJ it is. Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well (slips a little shine into the juice).
A little shine couldn't hurt. Thanks, Cov.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#5608 Jan 26, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. The saying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger really applies. I've had two close friends die after their first round of chemo.:(
They gave my mother in law such a strong dose, it caused a second stroke from which she never recovered. Knowing she'd already had a small stroke, the dose should have been adjusted--or just never administered.

#5609 Jan 26, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, it is. Going on three days now.
I highly recommend Theraflu. Not the kind that you mix with water but the kind that's a syrup. I used the store equivalent that had guaifenesin in it. It helped me. Mucinex also has guaifenesin. Drink lots of liquids.

#5610 Jan 26, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>They gave my mother in law such a strong dose, it caused a second stroke from which she never recovered. Knowing she'd already had a small stroke, the dose should have been adjusted--or just never administered.
My friend that died this past July had issues with is blood work prior to chemo so they only have him half a dose. I'm thinking maybe they should have waited until his blood was better. He had a compromised immune system to begin with so when he was diagnosed with lymphoma I had a bad feeling all around. I miss him terribly.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#5611 Jan 26, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
A little shine couldn't hurt. Thanks, Cov.
Maybe it'll help kill the germs! Or help you get some rest. If that doesn't work, we can always step out back.

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#5612 Jan 26, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly recommend Theraflu. Not the kind that you mix with water but the kind that's a syrup. I used the store equivalent that had guaifenesin in it. It helped me. Mucinex also has guaifenesin. Drink lots of liquids.
I'll give that a try. I use Nyquil at night and that helps, but don't have anything for daytime. Thanks, Dazzle.

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#5613 Jan 26, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it'll help kill the germs! Or help you get some rest. If that doesn't work, we can always step out back.
Can't go out back. Coughing too much already.

:)

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#5614 Jan 26, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Shotgun? Not that I'd know anything about that. Just heard the term.

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#5615 Jan 26, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Shotgun? Not that I'd know anything about that. Just heard the term.
If my memory serves me, it would still make me cough. It will have to wait till I get better. Then I can kill more brain cells. lol

I do appreciate the hospitality though.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#5616 Jan 26, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
If my memory serves me, it would still make me cough. It will have to wait till I get better. Then I can kill more brain cells. lol
I do appreciate the hospitality though.
Try chicken soup--or even just chicken broth. It's good for you and maybe will help you feel better. I do hope you feel better soon.

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#5617 Jan 26, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Try chicken soup--or even just chicken broth. It's good for you and maybe will help you feel better. I do hope you feel better soon.
Thank you, Cov.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#5618 Jan 26, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I like the way you think!

I think I'll go out back myself now.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#5619 Jan 26, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>lol I like the way you think!
I think I'll go out back myself now.
Better grab Ruby. She's holding the cigar box with the "meds".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 4 min Pop Tart- 5,811
Girls send nudes 2 hr Diego 1
Bi/Gay Skype 6 hr Mde65 9
Straight Oral, Who has it easier ? 7 hr James 3
WMOK Radio 12 hr Nine Twenty 1
Brian southern 19 hr Mmk26 1
frAUDS 23 hr gggggg2 54
More from around the web