Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Okkaaayyy.
As a Raider fan, I just can't go there. I was a Joe Montana fan though. I just want to see good games.
Can you send over a jug of your finest? Thanks, Cov.
The perfessor left one here just for you and your friends to enjoy. We're looking forward to a good game, too. I found this old troll doll (remember those with the hair sticking straight up and the big eyes). anyway, I couldn't resist it--it's got red hair and is dressed in a niner's uniform. He laughed like hell when I gave it to him. SCORE!

“Wolves in the moonlight”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, I'm beginning to feel like Manti Te'o. But I know I have the full support of everyone here at Topix University.
Hang on, ESPN is calling...
So I'm thinking they'll soon be saying "is it real, or is it Manti Te'o?" Sort of like the old memorex commercials.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now, thanks to a stomach flu, I am only able to keep down Gatorade and water. So far, no fever so the doctors are letting me ride it out. the Zofran doesn't seem to be doing much for me at the moment. I'll send my fake husband out for Ensure.=)
Another thing is coconut water. For dehydration. I drink plain, but it comes in chocolate and fruity flavors, as well. I love the stuff.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. I'll spare you the smartazz response I had for this post. LMAO
lol...I reread my post and honestly don't see it?

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>So I'm thinking they'll soon be saying "is it real, or is it Manti Te'o?" Sort of like the old memorex commercials.
My husband said something similar! How strange is that situation?

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband said something similar! How strange is that situation?
It's a little weird, to say the least. Now was that your REAL husband or the fake one?

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>It's a little weird, to say the least. Now was that your REAL husband or the fake one?
My fake one.

Everybody knows my real husband is a mute nymphomaniac supermodel whose only goal in life is to make me a sammich, clean the house and pleasure me.

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
My fake one.
Everybody knows my real husband is a mute nymphomaniac supermodel whose only goal in life is to make me a sammich, clean the house and pleasure me.
Sounds like a dream husband to me! Maybe he's my husband's brother. My husband says all I should have to do when I come home from work is to sit down, relax and be waited on. It's good to be the queen!

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like a dream husband to me! Maybe he's my husband's brother. My husband says all I should have to do when I come home from work is to sit down, relax and be waited on. It's good to be the queen!
Exactly! My husband's only demand is that I never stop making cookies.

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! My husband's only demand is that I never stop making cookies.
I can relate to that! He's all pouty if we run out of homemade cookies around here.

Good game so far. I'm only half-way listening to it, but I look up at the score every now and then. Just made Tony a hot ham and cheese sammich and he's all kicked back in his recliner and just feeling happier than a pig in shit! He's spoiled.

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I can relate to that! He's all pouty if we run out of homemade cookies around here.
Good game so far. I'm only half-way listening to it, but I look up at the score every now and then. Just made Tony a hot ham and cheese sammich and he's all kicked back in his recliner and just feeling happier than a pig in shit! He's spoiled.
I'm on the couch watching it. Dan just popped one of my frozen lasagnas in the oven for dinner for him and the kid. He never quite understood why I always make extras of casseroles and freeze them, but after heating them up for dinner since Wednesday, he gets it. He also let me know that if I don't start feeling better in 4 days, they will have to start eating McDonalds.

The game is turning out to be a good one. I don't really care who wins though.

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Listening to Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band while the game is on. We'll be happy no matter which team wins this one. We're niner's fans, but the Falcons are our hometown team. But it's been a good game so far, and still too early to claim it for either team. Can't ask for more than that.

I get by with a little help from my friends!

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

covcas wrote:
<quoted text>So I'm thinking they'll soon be saying "is it real, or is it Manti Te'o?" Sort of like the old memorex commercials.
In this morning's Chicago Tribune columnist John Kass had this to say about the Manti Te'o cyber romance:

"Last week on my WLS-AM 890 midmorning talk radio show, we interviewed Daniela Schreier, a clinical psychologist and author, who explained the phenomenon.

"At the university I had kids coming in all the time between the age range of 19 and 22, 23," Schreier said, describing the similarities in the cases.

"They had built relationships online and yet never got to meet that person," Schreier said. "Especially women. Some guys too fell for that online person and sometimes I had to tell that person,'Look honey, you have never seen him or her. Whenever it comes close to a meeting, they disappear.'"

But they think these relationships are real?

"Absolutely, because you get emotionally into it," Schreier said."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists...

This sounds familiar to some of the relationships I see here on Topix.

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
In this morning's Chicago Tribune columnist John Kass had this to say about the Manti Te'o cyber romance:
"Last week on my WLS-AM 890 midmorning talk radio show, we interviewed Daniela Schreier, a clinical psychologist and author, who explained the phenomenon.
"At the university I had kids coming in all the time between the age range of 19 and 22, 23," Schreier said, describing the similarities in the cases.
"They had built relationships online and yet never got to meet that person," Schreier said. "Especially women. Some guys too fell for that online person and sometimes I had to tell that person,'Look honey, you have never seen him or her. Whenever it comes close to a meeting, they disappear.'"
LOL--too true. I was in the area of someone I'd been posting with for quite sometime. Thought it would be fun to meet over coffee. You would've died laughing at some of the excuses given. LOL--I don't have to meet anyone on Topix. The couple that I have met, I've enjoyed, but it's certainly not a requirement.

“Post at your own risk”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinsey! Let's not pretend any longer. Folks, KP and I have been married for - what is it Hon? Silver coming up?

Darling, don't forget that fragrant flowers wilt; chocolates are quickly forgotten; but gemstones are everlasting.(Don't pull any more zirconia crap on me either - my loupe knows the difference.:-)

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinsey! Let's not pretend any longer. Folks, KP and I have been married for - what is it Hon? Silver coming up?
Darling, don't forget that fragrant flowers wilt; chocolates are quickly forgotten; but gemstones are everlasting.(Don't pull any more zirconia crap on me either - my loupe knows the difference.:-)
Is it okay if I pretend date your husband?

“Post at your own risk”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it okay if I pretend date your husband?
I suppose, but you can only have him every other weekend and alternate holidays. Oh! You may also have him for the month of August. He's a bear when he's hot.(Make sure you have AC - otherwise, all bets off.)

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose, but you can only have him every other weekend and alternate holidays. Oh! You may also have him for the month of August. He's a bear when he's hot.(Make sure you have AC - otherwise, all bets off.)
Thanks!=)

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I've just been told to root for NE. Whatever,

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Once there was a way to get back homeward. been too long since I've listened to this.

&NR =1

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
case of 11-11-13 madison county 1 hr Richard Barlow 2
Antoinette Soto Model 1 hr Richard Barlow 2
Where did Everybody go? 2 hr Richard Barlow 9
Rose of Tralee's 'Cabinet of Wonders' 2 hr Richard Barlow 40
Cervical Fusion and Spinal cord disorders 8 hr Mary 2
Declaration of total administrative war against... 11 hr renebackpacker 1
Writer says Michael Brown could not changed any... 11 hr BenQQ 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••