“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

Since: May 11

"Always On The Go "

#5156 Jan 20, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
Am I in the minority? My dream vacations always seem to be in cooler regions.
I would think not. I like being in the quiet of the mountains . Whether in the winter, spring or fall , the hill top views and majesticness of nature is good for the soul.

“Just for me”

Since: Jun 09

Hookerville, GA

#5157 Jan 20, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I don't know. I just spent five days on a frozen lake fishing through a little hole in the ice. It was 17 this morning. I'm spending the day in town at my buddy's place watching football though.
Go niners!

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#5158 Jan 20, 2013
I was in Columbus, OH yesterday and I figured out I really don't want to live in a big city.
And Columbus isn't big in comparison to a metropolis.

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#5159 Jan 20, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think not. I like being in the quiet of the mountains . Whether in the winter, spring or fall , the hill top views and majesticness of nature is good for the soul.
And frozen turkey bowling can be fun too Hatti.

“Supporting The Girl...”

With A Heart Of Gold

#5160 Jan 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Go niners!
Don't you live in Georgia near Atlanta?

“Just for me”

Hookerville, GA

#5161 Jan 20, 2013
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you live in Georgia near Atlanta?
Yeah, but I'm a niners fan through and through. I see you're little chickadee is trying to disguise herself as a guy now. She's so playing hard to get.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

"Always On The Go "

#5162 Jan 20, 2013
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
And frozen turkey bowling can be fun too Hatti.
What??!! LOL ... I guess you play that on a frozen lake or pond ? Funny stuff KP .

“Supporting The Girl...”

With A Heart Of Gold

#5163 Jan 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but I'm a niners fan through and through. I see you're little chickadee is trying to disguise herself as a guy now. She's so playing hard to get.
Really, I'm beginning to feel like Manti Te'o. But I know I have the full support of everyone here at Topix University.

Hang on, ESPN is calling...

“Supporting The Girl...”

With A Heart Of Gold

#5164 Jan 20, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
What??!! LOL ... I guess you play that on a frozen lake or pond ? Funny stuff KP .
Usually a frozen driveway or sidewalk. I prefer a 16 lb. bird with large legs. It gives you something to grip to spin the turkey into the 1-3 pins.

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

#5165 Jan 20, 2013
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually a frozen driveway or sidewalk. I prefer a 16 lb. bird with large legs. It gives you something to grip to spin the turkey into the 1-3 pins.
It should be an Olympic sport... I mean, curling is...

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5166 Jan 20, 2013
One black, no cream.

“Just for me”

Hookerville, GA

#5167 Jan 20, 2013
SirLiesAlot wrote:
One black, no cream.
Okey dokey!

“Supporting The Girl...”

With A Heart Of Gold

#5168 Jan 20, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be an Olympic sport... I mean, curling is...
A guy at work tried to get me to try curling. I told him if he'd play a game of Rugby first. That ended that.

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5169 Jan 20, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too far from my house are 4 lakes on which a lot of people go ice fishing. Had I not had a bad experience (lost two friends who fell through the ice on a river back in primary school), I would probably love ice fishing. I know it's not the same, but it sort of scarred me for life.
I van see why that would stick with you. Sorry you had to experience that.

The ice was only about four inches thick. When it cracked it was unnerving. A couple of times I was just sitting there fishing and cracks went right by me.

The first day I was fishing with two friends. The ice got wet and slippery. They had metal studs on their boots. When we were done fishing, we were carrying the gear off the lake. I slipped and fell on my butt. They kept walking, and without skipping a beat, one turns as says "Get up, you rookie." Guess who bought strap on studs at the bait store? LOL

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

#5171 Jan 20, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
I van see why that would stick with you. Sorry you had to experience that.
The ice was only about four inches thick. When it cracked it was unnerving. A couple of times I was just sitting there fishing and cracks went right by me.
The first day I was fishing with two friends. The ice got wet and slippery. They had metal studs on their boots. When we were done fishing, we were carrying the gear off the lake. I slipped and fell on my butt. They kept walking, and without skipping a beat, one turns as says "Get up, you rookie." Guess who bought strap on studs at the bait store? LOL
You're having a rough vacation, eh? Getting blown about, slipping and falling... I have to admit to driving to the lakes and watching the guys fish. It's really cool to watch all the preparation.

I'm going to lay on the couch and watch the pre game soon. Kind of bummed that I still don't feel up to eating anything.

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#5170 Jan 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Go niners!
Okkaaayyy.

As a Raider fan, I just can't go there. I was a Joe Montana fan though. I just want to see good games.

Can you send over a jug of your finest? Thanks, Cov.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#5172 Jan 20, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
You're having a rough vacation, eh? Getting blown about, slipping and falling... I have to admit to driving to the lakes and watching the guys fish. It's really cool to watch all the preparation.
I'm going to lay on the couch and watch the pre game soon. Kind of bummed that I still don't feel up to eating anything.
ArtGal, have you ever tried Ensure? It's really good. Comes in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

#5173 Jan 20, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>ArtGal, have you ever tried Ensure? It's really good. Comes in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.
Right now, thanks to a stomach flu, I am only able to keep down Gatorade and water. So far, no fever so the doctors are letting me ride it out. the Zofran doesn't seem to be doing much for me at the moment. I'll send my fake husband out for Ensure.=)

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#5174 Jan 20, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
I had that stomach flu before I came on vacation. It only lasted a couple of days though. I hope you start feeling better soon.

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#5175 Jan 20, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>ArtGal, have you ever tried Ensure? It's really good. Comes in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.
OMG. I'll spare you the smartazz response I had for this post. LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What have we here? 3/29/15 26 min 40ish 13
Campfire Memories 1 hr -Sprocket- 663
Hay 4 hr yar 2
Word association game (Sep '12) 4 hr Sweepyface 952
Pit Bulls Should B Banned 4 hr mr goodwrench 40
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 4 hr Sweepyface 3,338
Chicago Cops stop-and-frisk 4 times more than N... 5 hr Spotted Girl 3
More from around the web