Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#4387 Jan 8, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, KP ... The Panther is a long and drawn out book ... but when DeMille gets to the meat and potatoes of the book, it's really good ... He's an excellent writer ... Sometimes though, with his humor, I couldn't tell if he was being cynical, sarcastic, many more adjectives and/or all of the above, LOL ... Hope you continue enjoying the rest of the book ...
I'd like to read his books: The Lion's Game and the sequel The Lion ... those will be my next two books after I finish the two I've got now ...
From the library I received 7 CD's narrated by Bill O'Reilly: Kennedy Killing; The End of Camelot ... it was good, however, I'd of rather had the book in my hand ... It answered some of my questions but left me with more questions ...
I've got the book by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard: Killing Lincoln re: The shocking assassination that changed America Forever ... that comes after the book I'm presently reading --->
The Butcher Boy series written by Thomas Perry ... this book is named: The Informant ... it's a pretty good book and gives me an idea of the Mafia ... Not my area of expertiese but sure gives me an insight, lol ... Apparently there are many Butcher Boy series written by Mr Perry ...
Not sure the Mafia thing is my bag so therefore may go back to the writer Andrew Gross and follow-up on his books, the character of which escapes me at this time ...
Covcas, I need more coffee to jump start my brain into gear again, LOL ...
In any event, KP, Enjoy your book and good day to you ... FC <3 ...
Thank you Flower-Child. I bookmarked your post so I can review your book selections after reading The Panther. The Informant sounds like an interesting read. If you are going to read The Lion's Game (great book) you may want to read Plum Island first. It is DeMille's first book in the John Cory series. It's not required but DeMille references some things about Cory in The Lion from Plum Island. Thanks again for your post!

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4388 Jan 8, 2013
Good morning Cov. A big cup of hot steaming coffee please.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#4389 Jan 8, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
Good morning Cov. A big cup of hot steaming coffee please.
That sounds good, too, Rickster. Where is Cov?? Looking for a bear claw.
:(

“maybe”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#4390 Jan 8, 2013
Good morning Covcas! Kona as usual. I've only had a half a cup this morning and still managed to cut up four bins worth of tree trimmings. Just in time for the trash trucks.

still thinking about what I want for breakfast....

hmmmm donuts (the way Homer says it)

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#4391 Jan 8, 2013
Good evening, everyone. Sorry I was not here during the day. Anyone want to party tonight? I haven't "seen" the perfessor, but there's a new jug of 'shine.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#4392 Jan 8, 2013
Is anyone else having technical difficulties with
Topix this evening?
Whatever it is, it sure is annoying...

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#4394 Jan 8, 2013
Yes it's having issues.

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4395 Jan 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
Good evening, everyone. Sorry I was not here during the day. Anyone want to party tonight? I haven't "seen" the perfessor, but there's a new jug of 'shine.
Count me in. Yes, where has the Perfessor been? It's a good thing he gave me this big ol' jug.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#4396 Jan 8, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Is anyone else having technical difficulties with
Topix this evening?
Whatever it is, it sure is annoying...
I thought it was just me because we've got NetFlix going. Server errors, etc.

ArtGal

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

#4397 Jan 8, 2013
Maybe it's all the feedback I am sure they are getting. =)

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#4398 Jan 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it was just me because we've got NetFlix going. Server errors, etc.
I'm getting the same thing~~
topix needs to refresh the hamster wheel.
The ones they've been using is looking a little
peekid...

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#4399 Jan 8, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
Maybe it's all the feedback I am sure they are getting.=)
Ya think? I mean you being an administrator and all for someplace (I didn't read it all--sorry), I'm taking your word for it. I'm still having issues. Getting time out errors, server errors, etc. What a PITA. Ain't life grand? My little one just got out of his bath and said "I'm colder than a bird" LOL--what the heck does that mean?

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#4400 Jan 8, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Count me in. Yes, where has the Perfessor been? It's a good thing he gave me this big ol' jug.
We could probably all stand to take a trip out back, too. Will you grab Ruby and her thingies?

#4401 Jan 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Ya think? I mean you being an administrator and all for someplace (I didn't read it all--sorry), I'm taking your word for it. I'm still having issues. Getting time out errors, server errors, etc. What a PITA. Ain't life grand? My little one just got out of his bath and said "I'm colder than a bird" LOL--what the heck does that mean?
Well not sure where you are but where I am a bird flying around outside would be dang cold.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#4402 Jan 8, 2013
Maybe Buzz meant he was as naked as a jay bird?
He just blended it, cold as a bird...

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#4403 Jan 8, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well not sure where you are but where I am a bird flying around outside would be dang cold.
I'm in the sunny South! It's only about 40 right now, but rumor has it we're supposed to see 75 and sunny on Sunday. Oh yeah!

ArtGal

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

#4404 Jan 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Ya think? I mean you being an administrator and all for someplace (I didn't read it all--sorry), I'm taking your word for it. I'm still having issues. Getting time out errors, server errors, etc. What a PITA. Ain't life grand? My little one just got out of his bath and said "I'm colder than a bird" LOL--what the heck does that mean?
Today I was hanging with a 4 year old and I said, "Do you know what the trouble with marriage is?" And she said, "Kissing". And I said, "No, kids." And she looked at me rather earnestly and said, "Kids are definitely worse than kissing."

Yeah, when servers have issues, EVERYONE and their mother sends in feedback and reports, etc. What they don't realize is that sort of behavior just jams the server even more.

#4405 Jan 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in the sunny South! It's only about 40 right now, but rumor has it we're supposed to see 75 and sunny on Sunday. Oh yeah!
So jealous. We are expecting cold and some bad wind. Bad enough to knock out power.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#4406 Jan 8, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
So jealous. We are expecting cold and some bad wind. Bad enough to knock out power.
We need a few days of good, solid cold though. It helps the peach crops and kills off some of the bugs. This year the bugs were awful because we didn't get the cold. I hate to say that, but it's really a necessary evil. However, I do like having it in the 70's in January.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#4407 Jan 8, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Maybe Buzz meant he was as naked as a jay bird?
He just blended it, cold as a bird...
Could be. At least I didn't get fired or grounded today. I don't know if I could've handled that on top of the miserable day I had.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women are proud enough of their body to wear a... 3 hr Showing her 2 3
Gay Snapchats! 5 hr Eddiegalindo4 19
Phonesex with an older guy***girls only*** 5 hr bigdaddy511 2
Bad perv wanted 6 hr markkegel1 3
Dirty k ik 6 hr Kyra 2
Gay/bi ki ks 6 hr Bigbob93 2
Just wondering 12 hr Just wondering 1
More from around the web