“Ruby's back yard”

Since: Jun 09

Squirrel Haven, TN

#3878 Dec 31, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds good! Do you like a little potatoe with your butter? That's how I like them. lol
It's so refreshing to hear from someone who isn't obsessed with weight loss. You obviously love cooking, so you're going to enjoy eating. Five pounds is a sensible approach. As far as I'm concerned, if I don't feel uncomfortable and like I'm lugging my body around, I'm fine with my weight.
And I don't use a scale. If I have trouble buttoning my pants, then maybe I'll skip sweets and french fries for a couple weeks or so.
LOl--that's exactly how I like mine. And some cheese on it, too. And a generous helping of sour cream. What the heck is a dollop? Not in my vocabulary.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#3879 Dec 31, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I should slow down if I want to see midnight. I better switch to Pepsi. Covcas do you realize you will be 3 hours into 2013 and our friends on the west coast will still be stuck in 2012? I don't know what that means but it sounds significant!
Our soldier boy in Korea is already into the new year, too. Don't know if he partied hardy or not, but I know he always drinks with me when he's at our house. Sometimes he can even keep up! Friggin' light weight. I've got plenty of pepsi here, too. The granddaughter's husband likes that. Blasphemy! I worked for Coke for many years and won't drink any other cola.

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

#3880 Dec 31, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
No solid plans, except to say we will not be going out.
We can enjoy the memories of great parties past and live
with that.
Partying is for the young and foolhardy~~but it sure was
fun back then...
My husband and I are the DB tonight... designated babysitters. We will be ringing in the new year with a 6, 4 and 2 year old. Lord help us...

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#3881 Dec 31, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>LOl--that's exactly how I like mine. And some cheese on it, too. And a generous helping of sour cream. What the heck is a dollop? Not in my vocabulary.
LMAO!! Smidgen, sprinkling and tad are not in my vocabulary, either!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#3882 Dec 31, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I should slow down if I want to see midnight. I better switch to Pepsi. Covcas do you realize you will be 3 hours into 2013 and our friends on the west coast will still be stuck in 2012? I don't know what that means but it sounds significant!
It just means we have more playtime. I'm thinking we need a "Westcoasters" thread so we can make merry after y'all have passed out!

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#3883 Dec 31, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>It just means we have more playtime. I'm thinking we need a "Westcoasters" thread so we can make merry after y'all have passed out!
OH just keep it going in here. Christmas decorations have been put up and trees taken down. Mom always said it was bad luck to have them up on the 1st. Why, I have no idea, but I'm not taking any chances. Next year, all the decorations will be at Kristen's home and none here (I hope). I'm not all that fond of them, but with the little one, we like to have a tree for him. This year we had one big one, and he got to have a small one in his room. And maybe family get togethers can be at her home, too. Let a new tradition begin. That's what's fun--passing the traditions down to the younger generation and hoping they keep them alive.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#3884 Dec 31, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>OH just keep it going in here. Christmas decorations have been put up and trees taken down. Mom always said it was bad luck to have them up on the 1st. Why, I have no idea, but I'm not taking any chances. Next year, all the decorations will be at Kristen's home and none here (I hope). I'm not all that fond of them, but with the little one, we like to have a tree for him. This year we had one big one, and he got to have a small one in his room. And maybe family get togethers can be at her home, too. Let a new tradition begin. That's what's fun--passing the traditions down to the younger generation and hoping they keep them alive.
I remember you saying that earlier. About taking it down by the 1st, or it's bad luck. It's been my family's tradition to take it down on the first, also.
I have my grandmother's stainless steel, artificial tree. It's packed in its original box. I used to put that up in another room because everybody thought it was tacky. Love that thing. Each branch has a cylindrical, individual paper wrapper.
Anyway, this year my daughter asked for it! She no longer thinks it's ugly. I'm glad I've hung onto it.
It's very old, and was made when artificial trees were a new trend. It's all silvery and shiny because it's stainless. When the ornaments are hung on it, it's gorgeous.
Another tradition in my family is we go out together and select just one new ornament for the year, and I mark it with a date, if it's markable.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#3885 Dec 31, 2012
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband and I are the DB tonight... designated babysitters. We will be ringing in the new year with a 6, 4 and 2 year old. Lord help us...
Huh! Well, I just heard, "New Years Eve is DIFFERENT when you're old. I mean, you know, older...."
*crotchety voice*
I'll show that whippersnapper!

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3886 Dec 31, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>When my avatar changes, I'm the short one! LOL--I had to suit up just in case Ms. Ruby comes after me.
Can't wait to see it.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#3887 Dec 31, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>When my avatar changes, I'm the short one! LOL--I had to suit up just in case Ms. Ruby comes after me.
I'm not going to make any rash decisions~~
I'll wait until I see your Avatar, oh short one, before I make
up my mind.
Besides, first things first, right now I'm looking for Rickster...

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#3888 Dec 31, 2012
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Give em each a beer. They will be asleep by 8:00 PM. Then you and your husband can enjoy the rest of the evening. Of course, you'll have to put it in a bottle for the little one. J/K I wouldn't mind at all spending tonight with the grand daughters.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#3889 Dec 31, 2012
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't wait to see it.
Ruby skeers me! She's got whiffle bats and ginzu knives. Be afraid--be very afraid.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#3890 Dec 31, 2012

All I Wanna Do (Sheryl Crow)

I'm not a big fan of SC but have always like this catchy tune...

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#3891 Dec 31, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to make any rash decisions~~
I'll wait until I see your Avatar, oh short one, before I make
up my mind.
Besides, first things first, right now I'm looking for Rickster...
I'm right here standing behind this white sheet with the lighted back drop. Can't you see my gray hair?

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#3892 Dec 31, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Ruby skeers me! She's got whiffle bats and ginzu knives. Be afraid--be very afraid.
And German thingies in her bra. Run for the hills.

“How Tequila works”

Location hidden

#3893 Dec 31, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I6zIEfSxqkgXX
All I Wanna Do (Sheryl Crow)
I'm not a big fan of SC but have always like this catchy tune...
I think it's the only one of hers I do like.

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#3894 Dec 31, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Our soldier boy in Korea is already into the new year, too. Don't know if he partied hardy or not, but I know he always drinks with me when he's at our house. Sometimes he can even keep up! Friggin' light weight. I've got plenty of pepsi here, too. The granddaughter's husband likes that. Blasphemy! I worked for Coke for many years and won't drink any other cola.
My brother lives in Atlanta. Every time I visit he never has Pepsi in the house. I go to the grocery store to look for some. They have whole aisles stuffed with Coke products and a couple of cases of Pepsi stuck at the end. Tough market for the boys at Pepsi. But I love the underrated movie, Coca-Cola Kid with Julia Roberts brother Eric. Check out the bearded dude with the long flute thing going on in the "Greatest Coke Song Ever" from the movie:

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#3895 Dec 31, 2012
Lady Cov, y'all got such an early start, the shine was almost gone. I just delivered a load of my special 'New Years Eve' batch that is 180 proof. That will make for some great BC sales tomorrow, cause there will be headaches aplenty. Y'all have a good'n, and stay safe tonight.

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#3896 Dec 31, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>It just means we have more playtime. I'm thinking we need a "Westcoasters" thread so we can make merry after y'all have passed out!
That's okay. I gotta get up early tomorrow to watch Erin pull the Bud float in the Rose Parade. I wish I was there to curry her flanks for her debut.

“Ruby's back yard”

Squirrel Haven, TN

#3897 Dec 31, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother lives in Atlanta. Every time I visit he never has Pepsi in the house. I go to the grocery store to look for some. They have whole aisles stuffed with Coke products and a couple of cases of Pepsi stuck at the end. Tough market for the boys at Pepsi. But I love the underrated movie, Coca-Cola Kid with Julia Roberts brother Eric. Check out the bearded dude with the long flute thing going on in the "Greatest Coke Song Ever" from the movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_7wexy8eoxcXX
Well, if you ever come to visit him, you'll have to look me and Ruby up. This is definitely Big Red country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Thomas 20 min Bart 4
Process your visa to any country of your choice... 1 hr mack 1
Rose of Tralee's 'Cabinet of Wonders' 1 hr Deer Whisperer 116
Ga. man awarded $404,000 for libelous Internet ... (Jan '11) 7 hr UNION 1 132
OFFICIAL SECRETS ACT DA-NOTICE BIGGEST IDENTITY... 8 hr Stuart Furness 1
Mountain Lion in East Tn? (Feb '12) 19 hr R_mill 132
Jaw Dropping Commentary puts AARP on the Defense 23 hr benqq 1

Topix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE