Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee S...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3146 Dec 14, 2012
Hi Rand. It's hard to lose loved one's around Christmas

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3147 Dec 14, 2012
BTW Rand you might want to clean out some of your PMs. When you don't sometimes you don't get all your PMs.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#3148 Dec 14, 2012
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>That's rough, Perfessor. My dad left about a year ago too. My mother died on Christmas day. I know how you're feeling. All the best through some tough times.
It may sound strange, but you and I have had a while to heal and come to grips with life going on. But, I can't even imagine at the turmoil in the hearts of the affected folks in Connecticut after such a senseless act that took the lives of so many before they had a chance to mature. There has to be a lot of pain, anguish, frustration and non-belief in the hearts of the families and friends. I pray for those affected by those tragic deaths. The best to you, also.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3149 Dec 14, 2012
Bertie D wrote:
BTW Rand you might want to clean out some of your PMs. When you don't sometimes you don't get all your PMs.
I didn't know that. I'll clean some out.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#3150 Dec 15, 2012
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
We went to my son's Christmas concert tonight. I was really touched by the fact that the choral teacher had us all take a moment of silence and then we all sang the first verse of Amazing Grace. Today's events are just sad.
I'm sorry--I didn't see you come in last night. That's was a nice thing to do. Usually they don't want anything even slightly religious going on in schools. Beautiful song.
My little one woke up this morning and wanted to snuggle up on the sofa with me to watch cartoons, then asked for a choc. milkshake for breakfast. And of course, since no one else is up, he got what he wanted. Mommy wouldn't have let him have one.

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

#3151 Dec 15, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry--I didn't see you come in last night. That's was a nice thing to do. Usually they don't want anything even slightly religious going on in schools. Beautiful song.
My little one woke up this morning and wanted to snuggle up on the sofa with me to watch cartoons, then asked for a choc. milkshake for breakfast. And of course, since no one else is up, he got what he wanted. Mommy wouldn't have let him have one.
Kid after my own heart.=)

Nothing wrong with milkshakes for breakfast. Great source of calcium. Add a banana and you have a serving of fruit as well. When my kids were little, one day a month we would have build your own sundaes for dinner. I figured it wouldn't do much harm and I always had a lot of fresh fruit for toppings.

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#3152 Dec 15, 2012
Morning Covcas. Got any begals?

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#3153 Dec 15, 2012
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Kid after my own heart.=)
Nothing wrong with milkshakes for breakfast. Great source of calcium. Add a banana and you have a serving of fruit as well. When my kids were little, one day a month we would have build your own sundaes for dinner. I figured it wouldn't do much harm and I always had a lot of fresh fruit for toppings.
Much easier to get him to eat fruit than to try to get him to eat vegetables. Think I'm going to get my crock pot out and get some stew started here shortly.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#3154 Dec 15, 2012
Good morning everyone~~
I don't have a good crock-a-doodle-dooooo, in me this morning, I'm just so sad about Conn.

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

#3155 Dec 15, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Much easier to get him to eat fruit than to try to get him to eat vegetables. Think I'm going to get my crock pot out and get some stew started here shortly.
One of mine hated veggies... I used to juice them and add it to sauces... Shred them and add it to meatloaf... Heck, I even stuck veggies in cookies without him knowing.=)

I have chicken and dumplings going in the crock pot. Added heavy whipping cream to make it stick to your ribs good.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#3156 Dec 15, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning everyone~~
I don't have a good crock-a-doodle-dooooo, in me this morning, I'm just so sad about Conn.
Good morning, Ruby. I haven't watched any news this morning. Me and Buzz have been curled up together on the sofa watching SpongeBob.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#3157 Dec 15, 2012
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
One of mine hated veggies... I used to juice them and add it to sauces... Shred them and add it to meatloaf... Heck, I even stuck veggies in cookies without him knowing.=)
I have chicken and dumplings going in the crock pot. Added heavy whipping cream to make it stick to your ribs good.
Well, I had requests for stew and for chicken and rice. I could do both--then not have to cook for a few days. And then they could take their pick for dinner tonight. Both are easy to make.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#3158 Dec 15, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning, Ruby. I haven't watched any news this morning. Me and Buzz have been curled up together on the sofa watching SpongeBob.
We watched a movie last night~~
I had heard enough at that point.
I caught about 30 minutes this morning of the Today show and
turned it off.

Talking about kids eating veggie's. My son would eat vegetables,
no problem. But would gag over cream of wheat.

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

#3159 Dec 15, 2012
Yum!!!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#3160 Dec 15, 2012
I'm not ashamed to admit it~~
He hated cream of wheat so much, I found I could threaten him with having it for breakfast the next
morning if he didn't straighten his act up...
:)

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#3161 Dec 15, 2012
I sure wish Dazzle would stop in~~

(((DAZZLE)))

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#3162 Dec 15, 2012
I tried a new recipe for a casserole the other day.
I wasn't overjoyed, but Curlie really liked it.
When he said, this is good you can make another
one any time.
I just smiled my cute little housewife smile and thought, nope, this was a one tester, not to be
repeated...

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#3163 Dec 15, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
I'm not ashamed to admit it~~
He hated cream of wheat so much, I found I could threaten him with having it for breakfast the next
morning if he didn't straighten his act up...
:)
I think that constitutes cruel and unusual punishment, Ruby.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#3164 Dec 15, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I only use real butter whether for cooking or eating. Why don't you have the eggs, hashbrowns, toast and a bear claw?
It was to late for yesterday. Maybe today? Waiting for "the man" to return from the outdoor market. The most yum sourdough bread.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#3165 Dec 15, 2012
Good morning, Lady Cov and all. Reckon a sob will go good this morning. It's a rainy and chilly day here. The damp chill goes right to the bone, too.On the upside, the allergies are less, and that's always a welcome relief. Being as how I'm feeling a little on the lazy side, I think I'll just thaw a container of soup from the freezer. That will warm me from the inside. Y'all have a good'n.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mega Fort 5 min Barbi 11,751
Why do women say "I'm just going to stop talkin... 1 hr WhiteDevilKingOfT... 27
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 6 hr -Sprocket- 3,490
Bethany United Methodist Church,1509 Todds Lane... 6 hr unknown advertiser 3
Word association game (Sep '12) 7 hr Junket 1,062
Campfire Memories 12 hr Just Slim 4,456
The Wabbit Hutch (May '11) 14 hr Junket 1,281
More from around the web