“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#1 Jul 3, 2013
Love is stronger.
Topper

United States

#2 Jul 3, 2013
A fart is stronger. Not even an elephant can hold one back.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#3 Jul 3, 2013
Some people love to hate...

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Hell

#4 Jul 3, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
Some people love to hate...
That's true, but that's not Love.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#5 Jul 3, 2013
What's love but a second hand emotion...

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6 Jul 3, 2013
No question, hate is much stronger. It's ingrained in us. We can hold a grudge forever but love always fades.

GtarMan
Level 8

Since: Mar 13

Nitro, WV

#7 Jul 3, 2013
I disagree. I find it easier to let go of a grudge you have with someone compared to letting go of someone you love.

Level 2

Location hidden

#8 Jul 3, 2013
GtarMan wrote:
I disagree. I find it easier to let go of a grudge you have with someone compared to letting go of someone you love.
America runs on hate. It colors our politics and our society. It's not sufficient for us to disagree with one another - we have to hate to do it. And we flock to outlets that feed our hate - check out Fox or MSNBC numbers if you don't believe me. And the hate goes hand in hand with fear.

Love is fleeting, love is fickle. And so often we coin something as love when it's really lust or infatuation or some other derivative. The idea of love being an equal yang to hate's yin is just not true. We don't live that kind of life.

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Hell

#9 Jul 3, 2013
Apatheist wrote:
No question, hate is much stronger. It's ingrained in us. We can hold a grudge forever but love always fades.
No it doesn't. Love is stronger than hate, its tied in more closely with our emotions, the soul, the things we love and feel, like music.

Love is stronger and that doesn't mean its whimpy, its literally stronger, hate is weaker, it weakens.

Level 2

Location hidden

#10 Jul 3, 2013
_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. Love is stronger than hate, its tied in more closely with our emotions, the soul, the things we love and feel, like music.
Love is stronger and that doesn't mean its whimpy, its literally stronger, hate is weaker, it weakens.
Turn on the news and watch the world for a few hours, then come back and tell me which emotion is stronger.

Level 2

Location hidden

#11 Jul 3, 2013
_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Further, look at relationships around you (and perhaps your own)- our past is littered with ex's - those we once loved. At best, we're indifferent now but more often that not, our love turns to hate.

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Hell

#12 Jul 3, 2013
Apatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
America runs on hate. It colors our politics and our society. It's not sufficient for us to disagree with one another - we have to hate to do it. And we flock to outlets that feed our hate - check out Fox or MSNBC numbers if you don't believe me. And the hate goes hand in hand with fear.
No it doesn't. Sure, there is plenty of fear-mongering around, but it runs on the belief in its value, the freedom.
Love is fleeting, love is fickle. And so often we coin something as love when it's really lust or infatuation or some other derivative. The idea of love being an equal yang to hate's yin is just not true. We don't live that kind of life.
No it isn't. And you talking only of romantic love, what you say is not true about it either, unconditional love is real. But there is more to love than that, there is love of friends, love of life, love of the things we hold dear. Again, its not weakness, its a fundamental connection to the soul. Its very strong.

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Hell

#13 Jul 3, 2013
Apatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn on the news and watch the world for a few hours, then come back and tell me which emotion is stronger.
TV news is TV news. lol. It covers a very small fraction of what is happening in the lives of the millions and millions of people in the World. Your argument is incorrect.

Level 2

Location hidden

#14 Jul 3, 2013
_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
TV news is TV news. lol. It covers a very small fraction of what is happening in the lives of the millions and millions of people in the World. Your argument is incorrect.
*shrug* I never owned rose colored glasses. I only see what's there.

Unconditional love - at least in adults - is a myth. Doesn't exist. Kids? Sure. Dogs? Absolutely. But no grown up loves unconditionally - that's pablum fed to us by entertainment sources.

But, gosh almighty, we can hate. And distrust. And fear. All the while carrying it to irrational lengths. Shoot, just look at the nonsense here on Topix.

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Hell

#15 Jul 3, 2013
Apatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
*shrug* I never owned rose colored glasses. I only see what's there.
Unconditional love - at least in adults - is a myth. Doesn't exist. Kids? Sure. Dogs? Absolutely. But no grown up loves unconditionally - that's pablum fed to us by entertainment sources.
That is not true. Unconditional love is real.
But, gosh almighty, we can hate. And distrust. And fear. All the while carrying it to irrational lengths. Shoot, just look at the nonsense here on Topix.
Sure. But that still does not say it is stronger, the weakness and futility of hate, gets proven here also, every day. Love is stronger.

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Hell

#16 Jul 3, 2013
Apatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Further, look at relationships around you (and perhaps your own)- our past is littered with ex's - those we once loved. At best, we're indifferent now but more often that not, our love turns to hate.
Most people don't hate their ex's. Indifferent, yes, but not out and out hate.

When they do, look at the mess it makes, all that ongoing bitterness. It turns into chaos then, certainly not strength. Love is always, stronger.

Level 2

Location hidden

#17 Jul 3, 2013
_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true. Unconditional love is real.
<quoted text>
Sure. But that still does not say it is stronger, the weakness and futility of hate, gets proven here also, every day. Love is stronger.
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. And I think you might need to get our more.:D But I do envy your perspective on the world.

GtarMan
Level 8

Since: Mar 13

Parkersburg, WV

#18 Jul 3, 2013
Hey, just talking about my own personal experience.

I can accept that some people hate more than they love, and vice versa.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#19 Jul 4, 2013
_Olive_ wrote:
Love is stronger.
This should be an interesting discussion, Ginny.
Both powerful emotions and developed by both nature and nurture? I've never felt true hate, but I think I've been the object of hate. I'm fortunate to have loved and been loved.
For one thing, hate has never saved anyone, has it?
While love can.
Maybe that is how the truly loving are incapable of hate, and why the loving tend to survive hatred.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#20 Jul 4, 2013
GtarMan wrote:
Hey, just talking about my own personal experience.
I can accept that some people hate more than they love, and vice versa.
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I don't think people who can love are capable of true hatred. Anger and all sorts of deep-rooted baggage, but hate? I don't know...
A good discussion for another time.
Have a safe and fun holiday, Kevin!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 3 hr Megatron_8 626
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 3 hr Megatron_8 6,424
Topix Posters Music Thread 3 hr Megatron_8 52
Being naughty 3 hr Megatron_8 63
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 3 hr Megatron_8 5,962
Do Women find Edging a Man Empowering ? 7 hr ooh baby right there 47
who wants to sext a beautiful, bodacious, busty... 9 hr ooh baby right there 100
More from around the web