“An Apple a day”

Level 6

Since: Jun 08

nil carborundum illegitemi

#21356 Apr 4, 2014
All of us are SO enjoying Ferrert's visiting ALL the other threads he and Haggard are busy visiting. Given all the links he keeps trying to provide, I'm surprised he hasn't invited all of you over to those threads as well.

Have a great day!

“An Apple a day”

Level 6

#21358 Apr 5, 2014
PFfff wrote:
well this looks like a nice place to visit...
for the most part anyway.
lol
so i'll just say Howdy to my friend here.
Hello Dear..
lol
:))
Hello back.

:)

“An Apple a day”

Level 6

#21359 Apr 5, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T74VQV0...

Now you can visit with your friends on another thread too.

You're so welcome.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#21365 Apr 6, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
anybody can be a troll..
lol
think what u will, im use to that....
im just here to say hello to a friend - Luke (oops meant to type "Deer")
and I don't know any Sue on topix.
and don't worry, I don't read u either, just like u don't read me.
lol
;)
Good Sunday morning, Pretty Feet! I'm very glad to read this, because I didn't want to presume you did address me in that previous post. "Dear" is endearing, but I wasn't sure. I'm Luke or Deer(DW) anywhere you see me.

Dear:

You're right. This is a good thread for the most part. That's why I linger here; for the current and past posters who have left since, or right before, I arrived.

I value your contributions around the threads; all being independent to the cliques/gangs present. You're here for fun and engage as you want to. You have "spoken truth to power" to some Offbeat cliquers/socks regarding their smears of other posters, like telling some of that bunch they were "getting back what they give". There are other 'powers'/cliquers around that play on Offbeat too... apparent and disguised. And lone wolf "shit-stirrers" that have played there "forever".

Ive started a book "Enslaved By Ducks" by Bob Tarte. In his resume, he has contributed to The Beat, a music magazine.

Actually, it's a humorous chronicle about living with bunnies, parrots, geese, turkeys, other birds, and cats.

On page 21, he offers:

"When you match wits with a rabbit, you cannot win. If the rabbit bests you, you're a fool. If you best the rabbit, you're a fool who's bested a rabbit."

I'll hang, and enjoy posting, with other independents and/or rogues pertaining to those rabbit "powers". While I have and will have my moments, the above is the general attitude for my time I play here.

There are too many rabbits to devote time to. Cleaning up rabbit droppings ain't my idea of fun, either.

Bora da!

informs against BS

#21366 Apr 6, 2014
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to give Trollopolooza a 'drive by.' And then maybe I'll put my dangerous links on your blog (if you don't mind). After all, no one reads it….
Hello Rose!

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Good morning BRG&ers.

Here's a facet of punk rock,
likely ... chips off the old block.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news...

informs against BS

#21367 Apr 6, 2014
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Well Señor Ferrerman, seems to me your onto something. Could that explain why my comments #21346 and 47 are M.I.A.?
If they are worth re-posting, they need to be bumped for posterity !

“An Apple a day”

Level 6

#21368 Apr 6, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, Billy is/was a friend, an internet one but still.
hes ok....
and thanks for the Hello.
actually I did learn something here, I started reading the first of this thread, and saw someone say to use baby oil on stainless steel, which I did yesterday, my sink came out beautiful. lol
so thanks whoever u were....
then as I skip over the pages, I see this thread is just like every other one on topix -, friends, enemies and just the pure joy of it all. lol
have fun u guys!
lol
You are very welcome. This thread does have a lot of useful information. You're right, though, about all the friends/enemies nonsense.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#21369 Apr 6, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Sunday morning, Pretty Feet! I'm very glad to read this, because I didn't want to presume you did address me in that previous post. "Dear" is endearing, but I wasn't sure. I'm Luke or Deer(DW) anywhere you see me.
Dear:
You're right. This is a good thread for the most part. That's why I linger here; for the current and past posters who have left since, or right before, I arrived.
I value your contributions around the threads; all being independent to the cliques/gangs present. You're here for fun and engage as you want to. You have "spoken truth to power" to some Offbeat cliquers/socks regarding their smears of other posters, like telling some of that bunch they were "getting back what they give". There are other 'powers'/cliquers around that play on Offbeat too... apparent and disguised. And lone wolf "shit-stirrers" that have played there "forever".
Ive started a book "Enslaved By Ducks" by Bob Tarte. In his resume, he has contributed to The Beat, a music magazine.
Actually, it's a humorous chronicle about living with bunnies, parrots, geese, turkeys, other birds, and cats.
On page 21, he offers:
"When you match wits with a rabbit, you cannot win. If the rabbit bests you, you're a fool. If you best the rabbit, you're a fool who's bested a rabbit."
I'll hang, and enjoy posting, with other independents and/or rogues pertaining to those rabbit "powers". While I have and will have my moments, the above is the general attitude for my time I play here.
There are too many rabbits to devote time to. Cleaning up rabbit droppings ain't my idea of fun, either.
Bora da!
Greetings Deer Whisperer,

Thats brilliant. I know what you mean. I usually visit other threads on the weekends and leave this one alone for the weekend trolls.

Taking a lunch break

"I will have Talapia with tomato salad"

when it comes out of the oven.

In the meantime it's hotter then hades as me and mine continue our Home 'Despot' project. We've built a redwood vertical slat privacy fence and are also finishing up a screen for the waste bins. It really is looking great. I'm on a hillside so we have retaining walls. It's allowed me to create reading nooks. I'll have to post pics when it's done. Here or over at Ferrerman's blog.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#21370 Apr 6, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Rose!
A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
Good morning BRG&ers.
Here's a facet of punk rock,
likely ... chips off the old block.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news...
Thats what happens when you grow up in 'little pink houses'

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#21373 Apr 6, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are worth re-posting, they need to be bumped for posterity !
well, they're not that interesting but I may still get around to it.

In the meantime we had a showing at the local library of one of my favorite musician films. Of course were all familiar with the rock opera Tommy and a Hard Days Night but are you familiar with 'Space is the Place' or 'A joyful Noise' by Sun Ra and his Intergalactic Solar Flare Arkestra? They used to have those films on YouTube but they've since been pulled. Sun Ra's dead now but he was brilliant as is his orchestra. He's having a kind of reemergence. I can't even begin to explain him but if you get a chance, rent the films.

ok - I did find this

(but i know you have a hard time with streaming) so here's a pic

http://www.blacktoothrecords.com/wordpress/wp...

informs against BS

#21378 Apr 7, 2014
well, well post #..357 is gone. "Rabbit power" ??
----------
PFfff wrote:
well this looks like a nice place to visit...
for the most part anyway.
lol
so i'll just say Howdy to my friend here.
Hello Dear..
lol
:))
----------

Here is my short reply, PF. Didn''t mean to be so wordy before.

Hi PF! and welcome ...[if you wish to wander by, by and by]

Duck![ yeah, ducks are part of the menagerie in that book. The title states so... duh on me]

I was feelin' bad because you "walked in" the room behind a rabbit.

Good afternoon BRG&ers!

informs against BS

#21379 Apr 7, 2014
anonymous ferrerman wrote:
Mornin' Gangsters!
Quack! Cuz it's duck weather down here.

informs against BS

#21380 Apr 7, 2014
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
well, they're not that interesting but I may still get around to it.
In the meantime we had a showing at the local library of one of my favorite musician films. Of course were all familiar with the rock opera Tommy and a Hard Days Night but are you familiar with 'Space is the Place' or 'A joyful Noise' by Sun Ra and his Intergalactic Solar Flare Arkestra? They used to have those films on YouTube but they've since been pulled. Sun Ra's dead now but he was brilliant as is his orchestra. He's having a kind of reemergence. I can't even begin to explain him but if you get a chance, rent the films.
ok - I did find this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UINN_bQzCPEXX
(but i know you have a hard time with streaming) so here's a pic
http://www.blacktoothrecords.com/wordpress/wp...
See Rose, you bring all kinds of good stuff. Thanks for the visual link!

I was not aware of Sun Ra's visual art talents (as in "costumery") and certainly not any films. I do remember hearing recordings on jazz, blues, and "funk" (in a broad sense) radio programs over time.

informs against BS

#21381 Apr 7, 2014
_Annabella_ wrote:
Good morning BRG folks. Hope you are all having a great day.
Btw, I DID get employee of the month. I wonder how Ferret knew that. Missing posts perhaps?
It was a fine weekend.

I think you deserve "Rabbit of the Half-decade" give-or-take

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TR9M7NL7IU...

and #328; #330,#331, and #332. It's all rabbit power, rite?!

informs against BS

#21382 Apr 7, 2014
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Deer Whisperer,
Thats brilliant. I know what you mean. I usually visit other threads on the weekends and leave this one alone for the weekend trolls.
Taking a lunch break
"I will have Talapia with tomato salad"
when it comes out of the oven.
In the meantime it's hotter then hades as me and mine continue our Home 'Despot' project. We've built a redwood vertical slat privacy fence and are also finishing up a screen for the waste bins. It really is looking great. I'm on a hillside so we have retaining walls. It's allowed me to create reading nooks. I'll have to post pics when it's done. Here or over at Ferrerman's blog.
Waiting with bated breath!

For your next lunch break:

"There’s nothing that says “springtime!” quite like fresh peas. Except, maybe, tender stalks of asparagus. Oh, or hearty, earthy morel mushrooms. Or creamy, light ricotta!"

And there's more to it:

https://www.yahoo.com/food/a-springtime-meal-...

I had chili for lunch today.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#21383 Apr 7, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
See Rose, you bring all kinds of good stuff. Thanks for the visual link!
I was not aware of Sun Ra's visual art talents (as in "costumery") and certainly not any films. I do remember hearing recordings on jazz, blues, and "funk" (in a broad sense) radio programs over time.
Space is the Place, is part Black exploitation, part deep philospohical musings highlighted with superb concert footage. Above all a renewed appreciation for this original band leader. Sun Ra's Afro Futurism directly influenced the more accessible George Clinton, Bootsy, Jimi Hendrix, Earth, Wind and Fire. His musical/mythical/ mysterious explorations pushed the envelope well beyond Coltrane.

I had a tahinni wrap for lunch

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#21384 Apr 7, 2014
anonymous ferrerman wrote:
Mornin' Gangsters!
Good afternoon Mr Ferrerman. I made a on-line deadline with three hours to spare. A personal best!

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#21385 Apr 7, 2014

informs against BS

#21387 Apr 7, 2014
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Good evening BRG&ers! That's a fine high-resolution photo Rose. Pretty.

So, after it loaded 'twas an interesting development; blooming in "half-time" so to speak.

informs against BS

#21388 Apr 7, 2014
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Mr Ferrerman. I made a on-line deadline with three hours to spare. A personal best!
Two .... thumbs up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How great is Obama? (Oct '13) 17 min -Persephone- 23
What have we here? 3/29/15 48 min Darth Tater 83
Campfire Memories 3 hr -Lea- 695
Racism is wrong! 4 hr Care 1
Mountain Lion in East Tn? (Feb '12) 21 hr brenda williams 150
Lizard People!! (Nov '10) 23 hr -Sprocket- 35
Hay Sun yar 2
More from around the web