Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#21393 Apr 8, 2014
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! but first I have to get the yard trimmed up. I live in whats classified as a "high fire" area. So you can get finned if trees hang over your roof etc.
Did notice the tomatoes are in at Home Despot - What are you planting?
I am planting tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, and okra.

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#21395 Apr 8, 2014
On the other hand wrote:
Conversely, her sad, anti-Ferrerman sentiment and delusional attachment to an (alleged) perceived slight by said Ferrerman at some unknown point in this young century, coupled with her willingness to believe someone on Topix IS who someone else tells her that person IS and the fact that she just happened to show up here, tells me that, this close to Easter, this one might be bunny turds.
Grasshoppa:

In the pinochle of topix(tm) life, trying TOO hard to "win" results in losing [see: Kevin as a primary example].

Topix(tm) "winning" is in the journey, not in the destination. It's a long, long, long season; not a play-off game nor 7-game series. It ain't over until it's over. It's not over until: 1) topix(tm) blows itself up, 2) topix(tm) blows one up limiting and dogging one's post for deletion, 3) one blows himself up by marginilization, derision, and ridicule by often self-inducement, 4) leaving voluntarily, and 5) dying.

Recently wise words written on these subway walls are: "Anybody can be a troll".'Tis kinda so: I'm certain that yours truly would be considered so to some. In my topix(tm) path, I can own that.

Seeing rabbit trails and turds where there are none is akin to quixotism -- erecting windmill trolls for "yer with me or agin me" jousting thrusts.

Creating "windmill trolls" is a waste of time/effort with the possible result of alienation, and isolation. Such a journey is not sustainable and will not prevail for long.

To "float like a butterfly and sting like a bee" and to "rope-a-dope" where need be -- as part of the journey as necessary -- for self-dignity is part of a sustainable topix(tm) adventure; and rightly so.

*Key*~~ Luke~~*Caine*[Sancho Panza to none]

“Destiny guides our fortunes more favorably than we could have expected. Look there, Sancho Panza, my friend, and see those thirty or so wild giants, with whom I intend to do battle and kill each and all of them, so with their stolen booty we can begin to enrich ourselves. This is noble, righteous warfare, for it is wonderfully useful to God to have such an evil race wiped from the face of the earth."

"What giants?" Asked Sancho Panza.

"The ones you can see over there," answered his master, "with the huge arms, some of which are very nearly two leagues long."

"Now look, your grace," said Sancho, "what you see over there aren't giants, but windmills, and what seems to be arms are just their sails, that go around in the wind and turn the millstone."

"Obviously," replied Don Quixote, "you don't know much about adventures.”
--- Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21396 Apr 10, 2014
Good morning everyone! I haven't been to Topix topix for a very longtime. This thread is on my tracker now!

“An Apple a day”

Level 6

Since: Jun 08

nil carborundum illegitemi

#21397 Apr 10, 2014
Sally Brown wrote:
Good morning everyone! I haven't been to Topix topix for a very longtime. This thread is on my tracker now!
Hello Sally and welcome.

:)

“An Apple a day”

Level 6

Since: Jun 08

nil carborundum illegitemi

#21399 Apr 10, 2014
Nice that someone has a new "job" which allows so much free time.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

United States

#21401 Apr 10, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I am planting tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, and okra.
I have a grape vine up but haven't started with the tomatoes yet. Just finished building a raised bed using redwood. Dirt is horrible. I'm afraid my property may have been used as a fill or place to dump/burn trash. Harder then bricks and full of junk like broken glass. Did find some dog tags once that I think might date back to the Korean war

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

United States

#21402 Apr 10, 2014
Sally Brown wrote:
Greetings Sally

Here's another thread (based on the concept of this one) you might want to add to your tracker

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TN921BK...

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

United States

#21403 Apr 10, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Two .... thumbs up!
yes, all that trouble I went to then they turned around and extended the deadline to the 14th

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

United States

#21405 Apr 10, 2014
Farmer Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Try doing the 'maters in containers with fresh dirt and compost. That dirt doesn't sound like anything you'd want to eat food from..
I'm going to have to look into a bulk situation. The dirt within the bed has be dug up, flipped about and aerated but I will be defiantly mixing in some compost. I also collected a fair amount of hydro balls when a pot dispensary left the building in the middle of the night. Might throw those in too. For the love of tomatoes, cucumbers and japanese eggplant.

I also want to start up a Mission Fig Tree.

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21406 Apr 11, 2014
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Sally
Here's another thread (based on the concept of this one) you might want to add to your tracker
Thank you! Will do.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#21407 Apr 11, 2014
Farmer Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Try doing the 'maters in containers with fresh dirt and compost. That dirt doesn't sound like anything you'd want to eat food from..
And don't forget the earthworms, for a quality garden.

Not to be confused with tomato worms, the bane of growin' good 'maters.

Good morning BRG&ers

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#21408 Apr 11, 2014
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Sally
That's a pertinent link for Rabbit770. Good find!

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#21409 Apr 11, 2014
a safe boxy car wrote:
<quoted text>You're a lawyer???
The owner of this safe, un-boxy car might need one. Looks like he thinks he is entitled to park his "Ultimate Driving Machine" anywhere he pleases:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/firefigh...

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#21410 Apr 11, 2014
Spread'em:

[even I can do this first one]
http://fox59.com/2014/04/11/recipes-strawberr...

in the "STORY TIMELINE" associated slide banner , see:
Sweet and Spicy Avocado Spread, and Peanut Butter and Banana Spread

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#21411 Apr 11, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I am planting tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, and okra.
Are you in an area where feral pigs are a problem? Where Florida has introduced cougars to help with that?

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#21412 Apr 11, 2014
I'd use a spread on this danish. I 'see' something, but nothing to place a bet on:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball...

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#21414 Apr 11, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in an area where feral pigs are a problem? Where Florida has introduced cougars to help with that?
I thought Florida had far too many Cougars already.

Note to Cov and Ruby:

Yes, yes.....I know.......bad Mav!

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#21415 Apr 11, 2014
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought Florida had far too many Cougars already.
Note to Cov and Ruby:
Keep it up Mr. Smarty Pants~~
I may be a cougar but I have a memory like an elephant.
Be afraid, be very, very afraid the next time you're in the diner...
@@

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#21416 Apr 11, 2014
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought Florida had far too many Cougars already.
Note to Cov and Ruby:
I think that in Florida cougars "turn into" panthers.

Grey? or no ... I couldn't say!

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#21417 Apr 11, 2014
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep it up Mr. Smarty Pants~~
I may be a cougar but I have a memory like an elephant.
Be afraid, be very, very afraid the next time you're in the diner...
@@
Good evening, Ruby!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 2 hr positronium 5,481
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 2 hr -Sprocket- 5,769
Jail 4 hr someone who cares 1
Is it rare to find Women who'll face ride ? 15 hr James 16
What do u think about Ricky Burgess jr . 16 hr V of r 10
The fun thread (Sep '11) 16 hr Ricky F 336
Men; Do U like the pubic hair resurgence on Wom... 17 hr James 14
More from around the web