“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles, CA

#18868 Oct 4, 2013
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF!!!!!!!!!!
You couldn't even use one of those for bait! You'd scare all the fish away.
If those suckers do invade, you can keep em. Maybe have a special hunting season for them. But then again, if those things did make it over here, it would just give the gun nuts something to scream about as to why they need all those assault weapons.
Hey Ms Rose. How's tricks? Got your snow boots ready? Two inches on the ground at home this morning. Gone now of course. But won't be long before it sticks around.
If those things show up in California, I'm moving to Alaska.

No snow here - we haven't had any since 1949. It's going to be Santa Anna weather this weekend

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#18869 Oct 4, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good evening, BRG&'ers. Now for something a little different:
http://www.pbs.org/program/life-on-fire/
Vulcanology in an entertaining and informative program. Narrated by Jeremy Irons. The air date on this page is misleading. In my area, PBS:World is reprising this mini-series beginning last evening.
The opening and ending graphics sequences are *way* cool.
I forgot -- it's viewable on that link as well.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18870 Oct 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
Speaking of twits, here's a tweet:
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/38546897...
Tehehe

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#18871 Oct 4, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ....and in capitols
Bravo good sir!
Do you call your section in the restaurant ... The Lollipop Guild?:)

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18872 Oct 4, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good evening, BRG&'ers. Now for something a little different:
http://www.pbs.org/program/life-on-fire/
Vulcanology in an entertaining and informative program. Narrated by Jeremy Irons. The air date on this page is misleading. In my area, PBS:World is reprising this mini-series beginning last evening.
The opening and ending graphics sequences are *way* cool.
Watching now from the link. My sister was grounded somewhere in Greece when the Iceland volcano went off. She said it was very visible even from how far south she was.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18875 Oct 4, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you call your section in the restaurant ... The Lollipop Guild?:)
lol! I should of. Bit of trivia -'Glendale' was the location of Joan Crawford's restaurant in Mildred Pierce.

Nights were good for the transvestite, punk, gay and drug lord crowd. Then once a year around Christmas, they would have all the biker clubs show up for one of those Toys for Tots rides. Now that was pure bedlam. The worst though, was the evangelical gatherings. They would descend on us all at once then leave little bibles for tips. This was in the post Reagan years where it was made into law to tax on tips. We'd loose our shirts for Jesus. BTW: I expect that to count when I stand before the Pearly Gates.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#18878 Oct 4, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
and someone still is - Have you read Ferrerman dot blogspot dot com('s) latest entry? excellent post
The last 3-5 posts are so spot-on, with inter-twining commonality about the irrationality and derangement where applicable of ordinary folk in D.C. like that woman yesterday and the guy trying to set himself on fire, the irrationality of the biker bunch taking over a highway in Manhattan, and the irrationality of the tea-party types taking government hostage.

The latter two mobs are essentially barbaric anarchists.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#18882 Oct 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>I'll take a look at that. I've heard things about that Ferrerman....something about how he's the reason this town's afeared a Ferrermen.
As per previous post here, the last 3-5 essays there are so solidly linked, it's not easy to determine which point to begin to start a cogent, focused, comprehensive reply. It's frustrating!

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#18884 Oct 4, 2013
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought this was an interesting coversation....
http://www.cnn.com/video/...
Yeah....sure.... the shut-down is the President's fault....
Too sad.
Have you even noticed Rand Paul looks like a poodle?
Too funny.
Thanks. I'd have to find a text version. Watching video on dial-up ... I pull out my hair. That's why it took a 2nd post about the Life on Fire video. It wasn't even a thought for the first post about the page.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18886 Oct 4, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Richard~~
It's all up to Topix to find a way to fix it.
If not, then topix is condoning it.
Have you noticed how many posters have left because
they're just fed up with it?
When people try to discuss something of interest it is
then referred to as, boring old geezer talk, etc.
Many have taken the attitude~~why bother?
Hi Ms Ruby. Hope all is well with you this fine evening.

I agree completely. I even debate whether or not to get back on here. But there are still a few reasonable posters left. Not many, but a few.

And besides, I enjoy many of the links that are posted.

Location hidden

#18889 Oct 4, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
No snow here - we haven't had any since 1949. It's going to be Santa Anna weather this weekend
Well, I'll ask the Norse gods to send about a foot your way. No promises though. Those Norse are a little fickle you know.:)

Location hidden

#18890 Oct 4, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>It's a shame that there are some that cannot give their opinion without getting insulting and personal. A lot of wasted talent and knowledge, to my way of thinking. Not many give an opinion that there's not somethin that someone can find substance in, somewhere. Y'all have a good'n.
Absolutely unable to find fault with that statement.

How ya doing this evening Perfessor? Hope all is well with you and yours.

Location hidden

#18891 Oct 4, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
The snow area from CO on north got news time this evening; slick interstates, etc.
Hey there DW. How's tricks?

There's been snow on the high peaks now for about three weeks. A lot of it melted and brought the streams up a bit, but it's going to take a butt load of water to get the lakes back to normal. Some of them are up to 22ft low right now.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#18892 Oct 4, 2013
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely unable to find fault with that statement.
How ya doing this evening Perfessor? Hope all is well with you and yours.
Thank you much. Also want to thank you for the well wishes. I'm probably doing better than I deserve. Hope every thing is well up your way. Y'all have a good'n.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18895 Oct 4, 2013
IrishMischief wrote:
Hi BRGers! Let's try another free account and see if I can last til Halloweeen. LMSO.
Back from an evening out with the girls and you managed to get banned in the interim? too sad Irish. Topix needs some kind of immunity ticket, otherwise I recommend not visiting this place until Tuesday

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#18896 Oct 4, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all Global Warming's fault!

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#18897 Oct 5, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>It's a shame that there are some that cannot give their opinion without getting insulting and personal. A lot of wasted talent and knowledge, to my way of thinking. Not many give an opinion that there's not somethin that someone can find substance in, somewhere. Y'all have a good'n.
I can't really comment on it because the website here doesn't give any information on the cost of the health insurance.
A noted observer

Glen Ellyn, IL

#18898 Oct 5, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>I can't really comment on it because the website here doesn't give any information on the cost of the health insurance.
There's nothing but misinformation on Topix!

The same people who couldn't get on the site because the gubmint kant dew nuffin rigte, also got on and learned that their premiums were 30% higher than the insurance they have now, WHICH, BTW, went up 30% "bekus of Obummerkkkare(!!!!)" Funny how that works out just like Fox news said it would....

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18899 Oct 5, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>It's all Global Warming's fault!
uh ah

it's Barbi's fault

lol

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18900 Oct 5, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing but misinformation on Topix!
The same people who couldn't get on the site because the gubmint kant dew nuffin rigte, also got on and learned that their premiums were 30% higher than the insurance they have now, WHICH, BTW, went up 30% "bekus of Obummerkkkare(!!!!)" Funny how that works out just like Fox news said it would....
I noticed here in Los Angeles that Kaiser Permanente is putting out ads looking to hire medical professionals - something I haven't seen since the California nursing shortage. One caused by the failure of 'managed care' Another sweep that took place in the medical community that had all the Doctors threatening to leave their practices - of course they didn't. Trying to get a doctor to (fully) retire is not an easy task.

Right now we're going through the scare tactics phase in terms of affordable medical care. Misinformation abounds. What I take great comfort in, is knowing that I won't loose my home due to bankruptcy caused illness or that the insurance company can't place caps on my care. I've heard that under chapter 11 some states DON'T remove the persons 'home' from the equation. Not here in California. Falls under the assets category. I don't want to find myself starting over as a senior citizen.

Speaking of...Yesterday I watched a particular guard at a museum I was visiting who looked to be in his 70's. The poor dear was doing everything he could to keep from falling asleep (while standing). Not even a chair for an old man who obviously looked in pain. It became a topic of speculation last night while out having drinks with friends. Was this someone who had lost their pension due to Ginsberg inspired practices? Was it some health issue that put him in poverty? So wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are white people being erased from the earth? (Nov '13) 2 hr Seduciary 95
Bi/Gay Skype 3 hr Mitchel16162 18
frAUDS 12 hr gggggg2 62
Bill Graham Must Go Sat Town Watchdog 1
Delphi murders Sat Peck404 3
Pedaphile michael tod wortham Sat Zoo 1
wake up white people Fri Johnny 14
More from around the web