Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles, CA

#18238 Aug 30, 2013
Natasfonos wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to see much from a truck. Massholes hate trucks and anyone else not from their particular part of town.
I've never seen a more hateful city/state in my life.
Now Vermont and Maine, I like.:)
Maine is on my bucket list

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#18239 Aug 30, 2013
Natasfonos wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to see much from a truck. Massholes hate trucks and anyone else not from their particular part of town.
I've never seen a more hateful city/state in my life.
Now Vermont and Maine, I like.:)
lol...love the wy you play with words - "Massholes."
I have little tolerance for people who "hate" trucks and it's only because the trucks are big and they frighten them, or get in their way.
I was, just yesterday, showing my daughter another example of a tragedy barely averted when some stupid compact car driver cut in front of a rig going downhill, forcing the trucker to break hard and nearly rear-ending the car. "They cant's stop like I can," I explained to her.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18240 Aug 30, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>
Most methamphetamine comes from big labs in Mexico, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration. But there is a type of small-scale meth production called “shake and bake” that doesn’t require a heat source, just some pseudoephedrine from over-the-counter cold pills, a two-liter soda bottle and household chemicals, which are shaken together, according to the DEA website.
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/29/51184...
'shake and bake'?? theres a pun in their somewhere

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18241 Aug 30, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>they ramp up the morphine to the point where the patient is asleep until they die.

Good morning, BRG'ers
Good morning

I'd like to see assisted suicide made into law. I think it is in Oregon. Until then, I purchased the book "Final Exit" put out by the Hemlock society. I want to have options

btw: did you open my link from yesterday about the beaded kitchen? it's pretty cool (but give it a minute to download)

http://www.boredpanda.com/kitchen-covered-in-...

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18242 Aug 30, 2013
OK folks - it's as hot as hades here today. 104 yesterday with 50% humidity and NO off shore winds. Days like these I wish I had an air conditioner

over and out
R of T

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#18243 Aug 30, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
'shake and bake'?? theres a pun in their somewhere
It was so funny that I submitted it to the Darwin Awards people! lol

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#18244 Aug 30, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning
I'd like to see assisted suicide made into law. I think it is in Oregon. Until then, I purchased the book "Final Exit" put out by the Hemlock society. I want to have options
btw: did you open my link from yesterday about the beaded kitchen? it's pretty cool (but give it a minute to download)
http://www.boredpanda.com/kitchen-covered-in-...
Truly a work of art...I thought of a fairy tale kitchen when I saw that. But surely it's unlivable, isn't it? How would you keep it clean?

Yes, Oregon has some assisted suicide laws in place but I haven't followed the legislation. I am still waffling about assisted suicide because I am afraid it will lead to mistakes.
What is, of course, never discussed is there are physicians right now who assist in the death of their patients by helping them move along. I've seen it myself.
Thank you for the book recommendation. I'll look for it.
-Kevin-

Nitro, WV

#18245 Aug 30, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>It was so funny that I submitted it to the Darwin Awards people! lol
I remember when a few kids won that from Ocala, FL. Using a BMW M5 on a airplane launchpad to see how fast they could get it to go.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#18249 Aug 30, 2013
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when a few kids won that from Ocala, FL. Using a BMW M5 on a airplane launchpad to see how fast they could get it to go.
Kevin, you know full well you are not welcome to post on this thread. No arguments. Just stay off the thread, please.
-Kevin-

Nitro, WV

#18250 Aug 30, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Kevin, you know full well you are not welcome to post on this thread. No arguments. Just stay off the thread, please.
Barbi, I actually didn't even see what thread it was. But really, if I wasn't causing any problems, and I wasn't, why start any?

:-/
A Noted Observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

#18251 Aug 30, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
OK folks - it's as hot as hades here today. 104 yesterday with 50% humidity and NO off shore winds. Days like these I wish I had an air conditioner
over and out
R of T
You are one of the hottest chicks I know.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#18252 Aug 30, 2013
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Barbi, I actually didn't even see what thread it was. But really, if I wasn't causing any problems, and I wasn't, why start any?
:-/
That can happen - accidently posting on the wrong thread. I'm just trying to prevent any problems from starting. Let's just post on different threads until maybe more time goes by and we're feeling less sensitive.

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Australia

#18255 Aug 30, 2013
Good morning to the BRG and friends.
Just woke up to the sad news that my favourite poet has died in Dublin at the age of 74.

"My passport's green/No glass of ours was ever raised/to toast the Queen."
Seamus Heaney.

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Australia

#18256 Aug 30, 2013
"I might enjoy being an albatross, being able to glide for days and daydream for hundreds of miles along the thermals. And then being able to hang like an affliction round some people's necks."

Seamus Heaney

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#18257 Aug 30, 2013
1IrishRebel wrote:
Just woke up to the sad news that my favourite poet has died in Dublin at the age of 74.
Seamus Heaney.
How sad, Irish. I think our greatest poets and writers come from Ireland.
I thought you might enjoy what American Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Jorie Graham had to say:

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2013/08/30/seamus-...

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18258 Aug 30, 2013
Natasfonos wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the problem is that regardless of your motivation, it appears you're posting with malicious intent.
I reported him

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18259 Aug 30, 2013
1IrishRebel wrote:
Seamus Heaney.
I know, so sad. Did you ever read Beowulf?

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18260 Aug 30, 2013
Natasfonos wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been thru a bit of Maine. Of course, I've been to Bangor but also out to some of the farmland east of there and about as far north as I could get in the northeast corner. I never made it to the coast though.
In Vermont, I traveled a lot of the two-lane back roads. Very nice area. Lots of forest out there.
Maine always looks scrumptious in those travel magazines. Rugged wind swept coasts - so different from where I am

And I agree with the trucks. I've never had a problem. 99.9 percent on the road are decent. It's the in and out lane changers that annoy me. Also people who get on an onramp and don't leave space between one another. They put us all in danger

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA

#18261 Aug 30, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
<quoted text>You are one of the hottest chicks I know.
I am today

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#18262 Aug 30, 2013
http://laist.com/2013/08/25/dead_mans_curve_j...

This is so interesting to me~~
I think it would be an eerie place to visit.
Needless to say, I'm sure many of the people
who were in these cars had little or no chance
of survival.

Mulholland Drive...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 1 hr Izzy-_- 5,727
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 5 hr Fish_sticks 19,252
Creating a forum? ... right... 7 hr North Mountain 5
Boulder City Lady offers free rent / ends in a ... 16 hr Nightmare Rental 1
How to convince my parents to let me get my own... 18 hr AlexD113 1
Why do afrocentrics accuse whites of being cave... 21 hr Bolsheviks btfo 1
Pit Bulls Should B Banned (Mar '15) Tue Total Ban 123
More from around the web