Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#16886 Jul 20, 2013
To Whom(s) it may concern - Not cool having Mia's comments removed. She's a long time regular here.

Good morning BRG thread

Yeah, I've heard the fall out all over the webs. Pretty people get a pass? It's the cover of the Rolling Stones; controversy keeps that magazine alive. Because of that context, it doesn't bother me.'Man of the Year' would.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#16887 Jul 20, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>It depends on the variety of orchid. Some like no direct light and others like to be out in the sun.
on the subject of Orchids...

All those rich industrialist entertained certain passions (hunting big game for one). Others whose botanical gardens are world famous, were into sending out botanical hunters. These hired hands would circle the globe in search of rare specimens. Case in point; Henry E Huntington of RR fame and the Huntington Botanical Gardens in San Marino Ca.

The book that gives you an insider look at that golden era is "The Orchid Thief"

loved it (the movie stunk)
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#16888 Jul 20, 2013
Rose~
All I have to say is I hope you ( and the regular posters in this thread ) got a chance to read them.
Did you?
Justice

Vacaville, CA

#16889 Jul 20, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
Good morning BRG'ers...

Yes, one of our locals received some great news yesterday, and this should be the beginning of the end of her long journey!
Thank you for sharing the great news. It has been a long and emotional road but it was worth it and justice has prevailed.
Thanks for showing your support, I truly appreciate it.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#16892 Jul 20, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
OK, folks. This has turned into a mess and it's my fault. So, I'm owning it, and I'm going to fix it in this one post:
This is Hegel's thread. Ferrerman last posted about a month ago. They are going to return. It is no secret that they both have a long history with Sue that is irreparable. We're not going to take a flowery detour around the ugly truth, just because they're not posting right now.
We all know what happened and if you want to rehash the problem, don't do it here. Suffice to say that Hegel and Fer are not going to return to this thread and find anyone who wants to rub salt in old wounds.
Like Who Dat and DK, I was posting in favor of anybody who I thought might have good intentions, but I was wrong. And I don't have to be nice to the person who attacked Fer, a great poster who has always supported me. For a moment, I wasn't thinking about two people who have unfailingly been there for me, and I'm sorry for that.
Sue is very popular, and I'm sure she will be happy to post on the numerous threads she already has. Capriciously posting on a thread created by her known adversaries should never have gone this far.
Meanwhile, it's interesting that it didnít take long to find out how quickly people do not change. Mia's posts have been removed and I think I know who reported them. In fact, those "nasty" posts are being discussed on another thread. Some other posts I've read in the past hour are telling, as well.
Oh, and to you-know-who taking potshots from another forum? You're wrong about the "manipulation." But you've been running with dishonesty for so long you can no longer recognize good intentions.
It is Saturday...... I miss Hegel, Knight Pirate and Ferrerman too, but as they say " pulling the toxic needle from the vein"

Off to enjoy the weekend! have a good day everyone

Good Morning Barbi

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#16893 Jul 20, 2013
Mia wrote:
Rose~
All I have to say is I hope you ( and the regular posters in this thread ) got a chance to read them.
Did you?
I saw them. They should not have been deleted.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#16894 Jul 20, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Saturday...... I miss Hegel, Knight Pirate and Ferrerman too, but as they say " pulling the toxic needle from the vein"
Off to enjoy the weekend! have a good day everyone
Good Morning Barbi
Hi Rose...big weekend plans for me!
I miss them too, but I don't think it will be long before Hegel's back. And let's hope for Fer, too!
Have a good weekend.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#16897 Jul 20, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing the great news. It has been a long and emotional road but it was worth it and justice has prevailed.
Thanks for showing your support, I truly appreciate it.
Well, fancy meeting you here! What an exciting time for you. All I can tell you at this point is you're in for a wild ride! How wonderful it will be when it's finally over. Good luck!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#16899 Jul 20, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
random thought:
Rolling Stone magazine has always been one of my
favorites for many, many years.
I guess I reached the generation gap and no longer
enjoyed reading.
Is RS wrong in using the cover for the Boston bomber?
It was pointed out that other controversial people had been featured on the cover~~Charles Manson for
example.
Any opinions?
BIG mistake! They're glamorizing the guy, comparing his looks to Bob Dylan. Makes me sick and even though the RS writers are absolutely amazing, I'm not buying the copy.
I don't think we can compare the bomber to Manson.
Manson led a cult and was so interestingly UNinsane he deserved close scrutiny. Readers wanted to hear all about him and his followers, and how he managed to control so many young people of that generation.
And it was in an era where a deed like the Tate-LaBianca murders were just absolutely horrifying, not just because he chose a few celebrities to literally gut, but particularly because people were still feeling relatively safe.
Manson's crimes sort of signaled the true end of an era and a look at what lost souls the drug culture had produced. So, that's why there are so many books about Charlie Manson and he's actually studied. It's so multi-layered, and important today in American history.
But the bomber? What's there to look at? We have become so sick of these punks with bombs that we just want to dispatch them straight to hell, you know?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#16901 Jul 20, 2013
Ghost of Ferrerman Joad wrote:
Then it don't matter. I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so good people can post, I'll be there. Wherever there's a 'tard beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready, and when the people are postin' the stuff they write and postin' in the threads they build - I'll be there, too.
lol

“Not A Troll! ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 11

Dooshbag Agitator

#16902 Jul 20, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
OK, folks. This has turned into a mess and it's my fault. So, I'm owning it, and I'm going to fix it in this one post:
This is Hegel's thread. Ferrerman last posted about a month ago. They are going to return. It is no secret that they both have a long history with Sue that is irreparable. We're not going to take a flowery detour around the ugly truth, just because they're not posting right now.
We all know what happened and if you want to rehash the problem, don't do it here. Suffice to say that Hegel and Fer are not going to return to this thread and find anyone who wants to rub salt in old wounds.
Like Who Dat and DK, I was posting in favor of anybody who I thought might have good intentions, but I was wrong. And I don't have to be nice to the person who attacked Fer, a great poster who has always supported me. For a moment, I wasn't thinking about two people who have unfailingly been there for me, and I'm sorry for that.
Sue is very popular, and I'm sure she will be happy to post on the numerous threads she already has. Capriciously posting on a thread created by her known adversaries should never have gone this far.
Meanwhile, it's interesting that it didnít take long to find out how quickly people do not change. Mia's posts have been removed and I think I know who reported them. In fact, those "nasty" posts are being discussed on another thread. Some other posts I've read in the past hour are telling, as well.
Oh, and to you-know-who taking potshots from another forum? You're wrong about the "manipulation." But you've been running with dishonesty for so long you can no longer recognize good intentions.
Sadly, I don't know any of the players in this game. I'm not supporting anyone, or taking sides. I just have never seen disruption from anyone here but Voldemort and his Mother/Girlfriend.

I like Ferrerman, he cracks me up :)

Ok, I really am out now.

Level 8

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16903 Jul 20, 2013
Anyone here ever think they may be taking this topix thing a little to serious?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Justice

Vacaville, CA

#16907 Jul 20, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Well, fancy meeting you here! What an exciting time for you. All I can tell you at this point is you're in for a wild ride! How wonderful it will be when it's finally over. Good luck!
:))
Who Dat

Orwigsburg, PA

#16909 Jul 20, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
Anyone here ever think they may be taking this topix thing a little to serious?
Well, there's a cliche dropping douchenozzle for ya.

Maybe the one taking it too seriously is the one trying so desperately to get an account to post with so he can get a crown.

So what brings you here?

No, don't answer. No one really cares.
Sean

United States

#16910 Jul 20, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
RAmen!
This thread now belongs to Susan, pfffft Hagel.

Spending all my nights
All my money going out on the town
Doing anything just to get you off of my mind
But when the morning comes
I'm right back where I started again
Trying to forget you is just a waste of time
Baby come back, any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Baby come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just can't live without you

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#16912 Jul 20, 2013
This thread is still Hegel's. If and when she decides to come back. Make no mistake about that.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#16913 Jul 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
This thread is still Hegel's. If and when she decides to come back. Make no mistake about that.
Glad you said that - and congratulations on your retirement. Time to get yourself an RV and hit the road. Slab City near the Salton Sea is popular with the the snowbirds during winter.

Now if they would only invent some kind of Prius version of the Winnebego.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#16914 Jul 20, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you said that - and congratulations on your retirement. Time to get yourself an RV and hit the road. Slab City near the Salton Sea is popular with the the snowbirds during winter.
Now if they would only invent some kind of Prius version of the Winnebego.
That would be fun, indeed, but I think we're destined to stay where we are and enjoy each other's company for a good long while. that's really all I want to do. Make cookies for the grands and just relax for a good long while. Thank you.

Level 8

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16917 Jul 20, 2013
covcas wrote:
How does one obtain ownership of a topix thread? More importantly, why would anyone want to?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#16918 Jul 20, 2013
If registered posters come to this thread for the sole purpose of trolling it, I encourage those in search of peace to turn them in via feed back.

You can't control the gray box and proxy accounts but we certainly should have some say so over the registered instigators. Join me in making the administrators over at Topix aware of them

R of T

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 1 hr -Sprocket- 3,567
Go Blue Forever = troll 2 hr positivevibess 2
Who is the real Jonboy 2 hr holly 1
Northern Virginia meet up (straight)?? 15 hr LOboy 1
Lost my front tooth!! Tue -meabadboy- 2
The Wabbit Hutch (May '11) Tue Sharlene45 1,331
Bigfoot sightings Aug 30 -meabadboy- 69
More from around the web