Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#16313 Jul 11, 2013
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Ms Barbi. Hope your day is going well. Give that big bruiser Baron a scratch behind the ears for me.
Not hiding. Just busy. We're going on holiday the end of August and I'm trying to have all the little projects and chores out of the way before then. The two young men that work with me during the summer, only work half days with me. The other half they spend working on their family's ranches. It not only gives them a bit more spending money, but they also get credits towards graduation based on certain projects they complete for the ranch. The steel pipe fencing that we finished this morning will give them 2 credits each. The hay rake that they'll put together next month will give them another 2. They're both good responsible young men. I don't worry that the everyday chores will go unattended whenever we decide to go somewhere. My only wish is that we had more young people like them in this nation. Maybe then something would get done. But that's a subject for another time or place.
Well, I better get dinner started. Jen will be home shortly and since she missed lunch, she'll be ready for a good meal. Be good and stay safe.
Hi Richard and sorry I missed you. Sounds like you've got a good thing going with those young men! There really ARE good, young people out there...we just need to look for them!

“Clever words”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

constellate

#16314 Jul 12, 2013
covcas wrote:
Just chiming in here with a message to Rose and others who have enjoyed this thread. Please keep up the posting and the interesting links. I try to stay away from posting here, as I'm afraid I offended Hegel and did not mean to at all, but I do so enjoy reading and looking at the links that Rose and others post.
Ditto!

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#16315 Jul 12, 2013
covcas wrote:
Just chiming in here with a message to Rose and others who have enjoyed this thread. Please keep up the posting and the interesting links. I try to stay away from posting here, as I'm afraid I offended Hegel and did not mean to at all, but I do so enjoy reading and looking at the links that Rose and others post.
Couldn't have said it better

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16316 Jul 12, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I could have sworn you said YOU considered it your favorite novel! Must have misunderstood you. Anyway, yeah, I'm discussing it with myself....lol
Now it's one of my favorites but Curlie is the one who convinced
me to read it in the first place.

Same goes for, Water for Elephants~~he bought it thinking I'd
like it, told him probably not, he read it and couldn't put it
down. Soooooo, I read it and loved it!!!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16317 Jul 12, 2013
I'd be thrilled if Cov, Dazzle and Junket posted
here and felt comfortable doing so.

I think it was a misunderstanding due to the frustration that's felt when the same OLD same
OLD redundant stuff is brought here.

How can a thread that's titled:
Books, recipes, gardening, and~~
Have anything to fight about?

Well, anyway, TGIF and a sunny week-end...

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16318 Jul 12, 2013
Special shout-out to Dazzle~~
I seem to miss you when you're on.
What have you been up to?
Mia

Seymour, CT

#16321 Jul 12, 2013
How nice :D

Happy Friday DW, Richard, Barbi, Ruby, Dazzle, Covcas, Junket!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

(Miss you Rose!)

See ya' later ;-)

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#16322 Jul 12, 2013
Hey Ruby!!! I have been so busy selling the house and moving. We now need to start looking for a new house to buy. How have you been?

Hi Mia! Hope you have a good weekend too.

What happened to Rose?

_PrincessSusan_

“I could be Susan's sock!”

Level 8

Since: Jun 12

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#16323 Jul 12, 2013
Hello everyone. What Lady J said.

That's great to news Miss Dazzle! <3

Rose I hope you come back.

:)
Xxxxx

Tampa, FL

#16324 Jul 12, 2013
Lok

“Woof!”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#16325 Jul 12, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
I think it was a misunderstanding due to the frustration that's felt when the same OLD same
Pillow fight!

Oops....wrong thread.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16326 Jul 12, 2013
After taking a stroll thru some of the other threads, I've come to the conclusion that a spirited debate with a 3yo about which color of play dough to use when crafting a horse, has a much higher intellectual value than what is being discussed elsewhere. There's less "I know you are. But what am I? on a grammar school playground. And before anyone says it, I know. I'm only inciting the trolls to react by saying that. But it's true. Anyone can see it. It's gotten to the point where, when I show my wife some of it, she no longer laughs at the complete insanity of it. The last time I mentioned it to her, all she said was, "Sad to see humanity go backwards isn't it?" And that from a woman who has dedicated her life to the advancement of the human mind. And you know what? I wholeheartedly agree with her. This whole thing has started running in reverse. Oh sure, some are still trying to advance. But for the most part, the whole of society has either come to a stand still or started to revert back to a time when stone throwing was the norm. Why? What is it that so many are afraid of? What makes it so hard to stop fighting? From what I can gather, this has been going on for years. What's the point? Are people's lives so utterly devoid of purpose that they have nothing better to do than bicker endlessly with others? This obsession with being the "last man standing" is fruitless. Know what the last man standing wins? "Aloneness"!!! So in essense, you win "NOTHING". If calling someone fat, ugly, short, skinny, gay or whatever you think is derogatory makes you feel superior, there is a term for that. "PSYCHOTIC"!!! Did someone steal your blue crayon in the second grade and you've never been able to get over it? Time to grow up. Get over what ever it is that's troubling you. Seek professional help if need be. Start acting like the intelligent grown ups that you claim to be. Not the childish, hateful brats that you appear to be.

Location hidden

#16327 Jul 12, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Richard and sorry I missed you. Sounds like you've got a good thing going with those young men! There really ARE good, young people out there...we just need to look for them!
You don't know the half of it little lady. Those two young me have been with me every summer for three years now. And not once have they ever shirked their duties or failed to finish what they were tasked to do. I usually start my day at about 0400, and on more than one occasion, they were down at the barn and saddled up when I arrived. The dedication to their work is unmatched by anyone I know. It's going to be hard to replace them when they graduate and go off to university.

Location hidden

#16328 Jul 12, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Afternoon Ms Ruby. Hope all is well out your way.
I echo your hopes that all can feel comfortable posting here. My hopes are that those that have left will come back. I've stayed this long myself because of them and a few others that regularly post here. Ms Hegel made this thread for the express purpose of having a peaceful place where the exchange of useful and interesting ideas could be put forth. I just a shame that out of the thousands of threads that have been made for the sole purpose of fighting, that it has to be brought here.

Location hidden

#16329 Jul 12, 2013
Mia wrote:
How nice :D
Happy Friday DW, Richard, Barbi, Ruby, Dazzle, Covcas, Junket!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
(Miss you Rose!)
See ya' later ;-)
Hi Ms Mia. And a happy Friday to you also. Any plans this weekend? There's a ranch rodeo on the 'Broken O' this weekend, so most of the time I'll be there. Two of my granddaughters barrel race so its pretty much mandatory that I be there to root for them. And besides, you haven't eaten until you've had deep pit BBQ at a Montana ranch rodeo. When the meat trays have to be lifted out of the ground with a backhoe, you know it's going to be good.

Location hidden

#16330 Jul 12, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Hey Ruby!!! I have been so busy selling the house and moving. We now need to start looking for a new house to buy. How have you been?
Hi Mia! Hope you have a good weekend too.
What happened to Rose?
Well hello stranger. Hope life has been treating you right.
Looking for a house you say? Take a gander at this then.

www.claytonrealestate.net

Being your hip waders, fly rod, snow shoes, skis and any other equipment you can think of and come up to the high country. You won't be sorry.:)
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot

São Bento Do Sul, Brazil

#16331 Jul 12, 2013
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
Hello everyone. What Lady J said.
That's great to news Miss Dazzle! <3
Rose I hope you come back.
:)
Hey Suegelique is back!!

You must have been behaving if they are letting you use the computer in the day room again :)
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot

São Bento Do Sul, Brazil

#16332 Jul 12, 2013
What happened to Rose, is she taking a dirt nap with ArtGal?
Who Dat

Katy, TX

#16333 Jul 13, 2013
Richard Barlow wrote:
After taking a stroll thru some of the other threads, I've come to the conclusion that a spirited debate with a 3yo about which color of play dough to use when crafting a horse, has a much higher intellectual value than what is being discussed elsewhere. There's less "I know you are. But what am I? on a grammar school playground. And before anyone says it, I know. I'm only inciting the trolls to react by saying that. But it's true. Anyone can see it. It's gotten to the point where, when I show my wife some of it, she no longer laughs at the complete insanity of it. The last time I mentioned it to her, all she said was, "Sad to see humanity go backwards isn't it?" And that from a woman who has dedicated her life to the advancement of the human mind. And you know what? I wholeheartedly agree with her. This whole thing has started running in reverse. Oh sure, some are still trying to advance. But for the most part, the whole of society has either come to a stand still or started to revert back to a time when stone throwing was the norm. Why? What is it that so many are afraid of? What makes it so hard to stop fighting? From what I can gather, this has been going on for years. What's the point? Are people's lives so utterly devoid of purpose that they have nothing better to do than bicker endlessly with others? This obsession with being the "last man standing" is fruitless. Know what the last man standing wins? "Aloneness"!!! So in essense, you win "NOTHING". If calling someone fat, ugly, short, skinny, gay or whatever you think is derogatory makes you feel superior, there is a term for that. "PSYCHOTIC"!!! Did someone steal your blue crayon in the second grade and you've never been able to get over it? Time to grow up. Get over what ever it is that's troubling you. Seek professional help if need be. Start acting like the intelligent grown ups that you claim to be. Not the childish, hateful brats that you appear to be.
A behavior experiment was done a decade or so ago.
Introduce a new rat into a gage every day and watch the reactions. Eventually the gage became grossly overcrowded and the rats began killing each other.
Have many segments of humanity reached that critical point? The decline in civility amongst supposedly civilized people would indicate so.
Who Dat

Katy, TX

#16334 Jul 13, 2013
Well, that's embarrassing. Autocorrect thinks cage should be gage.
Damn you, iOS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
historical trickery 13 min FireyFellow44 1
Gay Guys SC 1 hr Kyboy18 580
Violated my felony probation, need your help 3 hr Jennifer 1
hipsoccer changed to hipsoccer.co 6 hr Hipsoccer 2
19 yo dating 14 yo. I need some advice. 6 hr North Mountain 2
Have Any of You Straight Guys Jerked Off With A... 14 hr DLord731 1
"Waiting for Something Nice to Happen" by Patri... 16 hr FireyFellow44 2
More from around the web