Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#16292 Jul 10, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry Rose, I tried to post the pic of the Santa Anita racetrack and, like you, it didn't go through. Perhaps Topix no longer accepts pics from ImageBin? I'll try a pic of my dog later.
Also, I'll write the moderator. Some posts containing PI are left on this thread, so I have to report them anyway. I'll let you know if and when I receive a response.
Hi Barbie![not sure it's worth "hi BRG &'ers anymore]. That'll be interesting ... hmmm.

#16293 Jul 10, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Who is giving the chicken plucking lessons?
*get notepad*
No lessons, just sharing a vague memory of when I was a wee lad. Wanna hear about the time I helped castrate some pigs?!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#16294 Jul 10, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Barbie![not sure it's worth "hi BRG &'ers anymore]. That'll be interesting ... hmmm.
Greetings DW and we absolutely are the BRG gangsters. You'll need to read back for the history. We actually made a donation to a charity courtesy of Richard!

I'm just stopping in to say hi, and now I'm off to walk the dog.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#16295 Jul 10, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
No lessons, just sharing a vague memory of when I was a wee lad. Wanna hear about the time I helped castrate some pigs?!
Sure! If you wanna hear what it's like to train a group of adolescent 4-Hers to raise market hogs! lol!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#16296 Jul 10, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Who is giving the chicken plucking lessons?
*get notepad*
Awwww....that post had typos. We were discussing Chicken for Dinner 101, text chapter 2, Decapitation vs. Wringing of the neck. Chapter 3 is "Plucking Your Odiferous Hen" and we'll never get around to eating it, you know!

“Woof!”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#16297 Jul 10, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to read about that but maybe you shouldn't post it, some people might run to a mod and complain about you offending them with that story.

#16298 Jul 10, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>I'd like to read about that but maybe you shouldn't post it, some people might run to a mod and complain about you offending them with that story.
Rust never sleeps.... ok, I 'hear' ya. So, for the enlightenment of those who ... aren't,

I'll expound on the technology advancements in feather plucking. I suppose further advancements apply to poultry factories, but that would be speculation on my part:

In my college days, I occasionally helped out a chum who was care-taker on a game farm (yeah well, he was a friend and needed help). When the 'hunters' bagged their duck, quail, partridge, or pheasant we "chums"/chumps were in the cleaning room.

A motorized cylinder with rubber fingers was used to remove feathers, either directly or after a bird being dunked in hot water. Ducks were processed slightly differently. First, they were immersed in hot wax and allowed to cool. Stretched as they were, we called them "duck darts". Then they were subjected to the rotating rubber fingers.

#16299 Jul 10, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Sure! If you wanna hear what it's like to train a group of adolescent 4-Hers to raise market hogs! lol!
Well sure! I've only heard anecdotes about individual kids told by respective parent, but it's always interesting to discuss group dynamics of adolescents in any situation.

#16300 Jul 10, 2013
^^ individual 4-H kids and raising and showing livestock.
Mia

Seymour, CT

#16302 Jul 11, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Good Morning BRG friends

If I'm followed by a mod and censored without warning or reason, I don't really see much purpose in hanging out here. If you'd like to contact me, do so by PM.
No...don't leave!
I get posts deleted all the time for NO reason--and it sucks--but not enough that it would make me stop posting. F*ck'em.

You're smart, interesting and someone a lot of people here look forward to seeing...especially me!
Now, don't make me register ( so I can PM you ) because that would *really* suck.

You better be here when I come back!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16303 Jul 11, 2013
http://www.google.com/search...

Good morning~~
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I think this is a beautiful woman...

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#16304 Jul 11, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?q =black+women+wearing+hats& rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS477US477&t bm=isch&tbo=u&source=u niv&sa=X&ei=ebbeUcTnJb fi4AOPwIDAAg&ved=0CCwQsAQ &biw=1025&bih=822#facr c=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=H5R FMhAQ-LmzDM%3A%3BBo-ykB-WHi60p M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fir stcoastnews.com%252Fimages%252 F640%252F360%252F2%252Fassetpo ol%252Fphotogallery%252F243366 %252F02232012_museum3.JPG%3Bht tp%253A%252F%252Fwww.firstcoas tnews.com%252Fnews%252Farticle %252F243366%252F6%252FMuseum-o f-African-American-History-and -Culture-Groundbreaking%3B640% 3B360
Good morning~~
I do too, Ruby. Speaking of African history, I finally finished "The Poisonwood Bible."
I really can't think of any other book that has effected me in such a way. How did I miss it? I'm on a website now so I can discuss the book with myself, I enjoyed it so much!
A fascinating, heartbreaking, thrilling, amazing story of that continent, the strength of women - how they persevere through unbelievable hardship and pain, and a poignant glimpse into the soul of a mother. There's more, of course, but you read it.
What a writer! I felt like I was reading poetry. And that ending? Perfect!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#16305 Jul 11, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
No...don't leave!
I get posts deleted all the time for NO reason--and it sucks--but not enough that it would make me stop posting. F*ck'em.
You're smart, interesting and someone a lot of people here look forward to seeing...especially me!
Now, don't make me register ( so I can PM you ) because that would *really* suck.
Let's harass her back, Mia.

#16306 Jul 11, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
No...don't leave!
well stated, Mia -- hear,hear ! same goes for Rubygoober, Hegel, Ferrerman ...
Are you all in New England drying out yet?

Good afternoon, BRG&'ers!

#16307 Jul 11, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?q =black+women+wearing+hats& rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS477US477&t bm=isch&tbo=u&source=u niv&sa=X&ei=ebbeUcTnJb fi4AOPwIDAAg&ved=0CCwQsAQ &biw=1025&bih=822#facr c=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=H5R FMhAQ-LmzDM%3A%3BBo-ykB-WHi60p M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fir stcoastnews.com%252Fimages%252 F640%252F360%252F2%252Fassetpo ol%252Fphotogallery%252F243366 %252F02232012_museum3.JPG%3Bht tp%253A%252F%252Fwww.firstcoas tnews.com%252Fnews%252Farticle %252F243366%252F6%252FMuseum-o f-African-American-History-and -Culture-Groundbreaking%3B640% 3B360
Good morning~~
Lookee! Speaking of ... I mean, there you are!

Lids!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16308 Jul 11, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent post, Richard! I was wondering where you were hiding out.
This group must have an occasional outburst so they can sleep. I think it's really that simple. The result will always be the same, no matter how desperately they want otherwise. Embarrassment.
Fact if, I'm not even sure what they want, and no longer care.
Let them have their game, and let us post about books, recipes, AND...plucking chicken!
Anything is better than nothing at all.
Sorry I missed you, but I hope to see you check in later!
Good afternoon Ms Barbi. Hope your day is going well. Give that big bruiser Baron a scratch behind the ears for me.

Not hiding. Just busy. We're going on holiday the end of August and I'm trying to have all the little projects and chores out of the way before then. The two young men that work with me during the summer, only work half days with me. The other half they spend working on their family's ranches. It not only gives them a bit more spending money, but they also get credits towards graduation based on certain projects they complete for the ranch. The steel pipe fencing that we finished this morning will give them 2 credits each. The hay rake that they'll put together next month will give them another 2. They're both good responsible young men. I don't worry that the everyday chores will go unattended whenever we decide to go somewhere. My only wish is that we had more young people like them in this nation. Maybe then something would get done. But that's a subject for another time or place.

Well, I better get dinner started. Jen will be home shortly and since she missed lunch, she'll be ready for a good meal. Be good and stay safe.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#16309 Jul 11, 2013
Hello everyone who is here for the right reason~~

Barbi~
Glad you enjoyed Poisonwood Bible.
It was not a book I would be drawn to, Curlie read
it and asked me to read it so we could discuss
it.

Rose~
I understand completely what you are saying.
PM's are an okay but it's not the same as open
posting.
I sure enjoy the links and info you pass along about certain subjects, etc.

AND, it's all your fault that I'm ocd'ing on
Frank Lloyd Wright...
lol

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#16310 Jul 11, 2013
Just chiming in here with a message to Rose and others who have enjoyed this thread. Please keep up the posting and the interesting links. I try to stay away from posting here, as I'm afraid I offended Hegel and did not mean to at all, but I do so enjoy reading and looking at the links that Rose and others post.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#16311 Jul 11, 2013
covcas wrote:
Just chiming in here with a message to Rose and others who have enjoyed this thread. Please keep up the posting and the interesting links. I try to stay away from posting here, as I'm afraid I offended Hegel and did not mean to at all, but I do so enjoy reading and looking at the links that Rose and others post.
Thanks Cov, and don't stay away. That issue is over and you are more than welcome here, if you'd like.
I'm still trying to figure out about the links. I was going to post my own photo from ImageBin but my new security software won't allow me to download photos and I'm working on that.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#16312 Jul 11, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Hello everyone who is here for the right reason~~
Barbi~
Glad you enjoyed Poisonwood Bible.
It was not a book I would be drawn to, Curlie read
it and asked me to read it so we could discuss
it.
Rose~
I understand completely what you are saying.
PM's are an okay but it's not the same as open
posting.
I sure enjoy the links and info you pass along about certain subjects, etc.
AND, it's all your fault that I'm ocd'ing on
Frank Lloyd Wright...
lol
I could have sworn you said YOU considered it your favorite novel! Must have misunderstood you. Anyway, yeah, I'm discussing it with myself....lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dirty snapchat 1 hr tasianxxx 42
Snapchat 2017 1 hr Stribling 7
Welcome to the basement (Feb '12) 1 hr unreals_dad 484
How many girls like deepthroating and swallowing. (Jul '16) 2 hr Ashlie 23
40 year old nude for teens 3 hr Ashlie 18
Snapchat 2016 8 hr Stremblay58 99
What is Trolling? (Feb '11) 11 hr Ricky F 175
More from around the web