Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#15529 Jun 17, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Same here although I've cut my wandering way down because of all the fighting, it's just not like it used to be, there's too much trolling and hate (please see previous post).
People get involved for the wrong reasons these days and jump into others issues for no reason?
Hippocrite.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#15531 Jun 17, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>His cool thread on the main forum died out so he went to offbeat.
Did you notice that most of the posts that thread were mostly your fans clamoring for your attention?
Yep. And now they are upset because I talked hockey. Then they sent Ricky over on the short bus to say bad words like they taught him. It's a cycle they never get tired of repeating.

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#15532 Jun 17, 2013
I saw two birds fighting the other day.
As the loser flew away in defeat as fast as it could, the winner was just about to cry out in victory when it was hit by a speeding SUV.

It doesn't pay to fight on a freeway.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#15535 Jun 17, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I've done my best to address that to this morning, but finding a place out of the way, well that's why I went to Offbeat.
Ricky, I feel badly for you. I think you genuinely wanted a thread where you could enjoy yourself without the fighting and drama.
But the problem lies in your own backyard.
Starting from the day you created your thread, you've had to repeatedly remind certain posters that you just want a drama-free thread.
They do not respect your wishes.
When you're not there to babysit, they're back at their old game. They know you won't excuse them from your thread. They need a place to be mean and there aren't very many threads left where they are welcome.
Posting here in retaliation because Ferr and Maverick posted on your thread will not solve your problem. Until you cut ties with the real troublemakers, you're not going to get what you want.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#15536 Jun 17, 2013
Hi fellow BRG'ers. Looks like I'm late to the party again!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#15537 Jun 17, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to hummers. This past week on PBS Nature, a re-run of this episode was shown. Third time watching for me, but it's so good with high-speed camera (we can see wing-beats and maneuvers) and "ultra-zoom" special camera put inside a flower. So many factors of the life of these birds are discussed.
Those who are fascinated and interested in these masters of flight, I highly recommend this:
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/hummi...
Thank you, DW! I will certainly watch this. I understand they are spirit creatures, as well, but that's a new topic!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#15538 Jun 17, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi DK~
It's nice to see you posting here...and thanks for the recipe :)
I can recommend a truly good movie--"Michael Clayton" starring
George Clooney. It's a super interesting story that will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end...and it's one of those movies that will stay with you for a really long time.
Plus, it has one of *the* most satisfying endings I've ever seen!
Thanks, Mia. I've heard about that movie but never watched it. I didn't care for Clooney much until I watched "The Descendants." Excellent movie! I believe it won an Academy Award? Or a Golden Globe, perhaps. At any rate, it was nominated and I loved it.
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#15539 Jun 17, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the post that started this~~
Just a couple of hours ago.
I call these kinds of post, scab picker posting.
Ricky the scab picker.
Good one, Ruby ;)
It's not the first time he's pulled this stunt in here--and it won't be the last.
Matted Mia

Tampa, FL

#15540 Jun 17, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Ricky the scab picker.
Good one, Ruby ;)
It's not the first time he's pulled this stunt in here--and it won't be the last.
You want him to pick your scab don't you..
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#15541 Jun 17, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Mia. I've heard about that movie but never watched it. I didn't care for Clooney much until I watched "The Descendants." Excellent movie! I believe it won an Academy Award? Or a Golden Globe, perhaps. At any rate, it was nominated and I loved it.
You *have* to see it. I swear, you will love it. His preformance in "Michael Clayton" is so good it'll blow you away. Especially the ending! I just watched it *again* about a week ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've never seen the "Descendants"--thank s--I'll check it out!

Speaking of George Clooney...did you ever see him in that comedy with Katherine Zeta Jones and Billy Bob Thorton called "Intolerable Cruelty"? It's Hilarious!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#15542 Jun 17, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the most attractive breed but so interesting that it developed outside the Spanish blood gene that the original American Mustang carried for spots.
I'll agree with you on the unattractiveness of the deformed Dalmatian, but I rather like the marbled one. I wonder if I could breed that color into one of my quarter horses and still keep the quarters size?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#15543 Jun 17, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
You *have* to see it. I swear, you will love it. His preformance in "Michael Clayton" is so good it'll blow you away. Especially the ending! I just watched it *again* about a week ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I've never seen the "Descendants"--thank s--I'll check it out!
Speaking of George Clooney...did you ever see him in that comedy with Katherine Zeta Jones and Billy Bob Thorton called "Intolerable Cruelty"? It's Hilarious!
I will Mia. Both of them...I was so impressed with him in "Descendants."
I still haven't been to see "Gatsby." After I found out it's that genre that mixes modern with period, I hesitated. DeCaprio did that in Romeo and Juliet with Claire Danes and I didn't care for that at all.
Has anyone here seen Gatsby yet?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#15544 Jun 17, 2013
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree with you on the unattractiveness of the deformed Dalmatian, but I rather like the marbled one. I wonder if I could breed that color into one of my quarter horses and still keep the quarters size?
Hi Richard! I don't know a thing about horses but I've been waiting for you to show up so I can tell you Baron lunged at a man who is doing some work for me in my home. He was going to bite him and fortunately, he only got his shirt, but it was a close call.
I'm worried about this because he knows the man, but has never liked him. The guy said, "oh, he's just trying to protect you and I'm a guy." Well, my brother is a guy and he's never tried to bite him. What do you think?

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#15545 Jun 17, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, DW! I will certainly watch this. I understand they are spirit creatures, as well, but that's a new topic!
Yer Welcome! And we can see these little "fighter jets" at slow-motion how they eat small flying insects which was a total surprise to me. They are not just nectar-sucking machines.

Good evening, BRG&'ers et al.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#15546 Jun 17, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I guess I'm not following what you mean in that link?
And BTW, no I wasn't reading this thread, it's the only thread I know of where I can find Ferrerman and Maverick and I wanted to give them the same respect they gave my thread, I thought they went there on purpose before I found out he was linked there this time, but by there I was already getting slammed here and I had to respond accordingly.
I also think they greyboxer is causing a lot of the problems as well.
As a "real target" for your morning visit, I'll have to indulge the crowd for one post about this fiasco.

1. Readers can compare the posts made on "your" Offbeat thread yesterday to yours here today. Where is the attitude to be found?!

2. I'm not aware of Tolles booth and tokens to post on Offbeat threads where *I"ve* been since fall '08 (well, with a couple of breaks). Offbeat is hardly "out of the way". Compare the viewer number on any given day or evening compared to this one. Your "new" thread is established since early May ... going on six weeks.

3. "I also think they greyboxer is causing a lot of the problems as well." ya think?! Particularly the loose cannon prone to spew on both threads, as well as others.

And don't forget to refer back to #1 in this post.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#15547 Jun 17, 2013
Tonight is "double-feature" Antiques Roadshow. Ya know, I'm not sure I'd want to go to one ... and stand in line for all that time!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#15548 Jun 17, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Richard! I don't know a thing about horses but I've been waiting for you to show up so I can tell you Baron lunged at a man who is doing some work for me in my home. He was going to bite him and fortunately, he only got his shirt, but it was a close call.
I'm worried about this because he knows the man, but has never liked him. The guy said, "oh, he's just trying to protect you and I'm a guy." Well, my brother is a guy and he's never tried to bite him. What do you think?
Evening Ms Barbi. Hope all is well on your end. Busy, busy , busy on this end. Have a couple days of not much to do, so I'm relaxing.

First of all. Do 'you' trust this man? What I'm meaning is, are you completely comfortable around him? If not, Baron picks up on that. Add the fact that he is a 'stranger' to Baron, and he'll be a bit over protective. Also, if the man made any movement that he perceived as threatening, he was only doing his job. Remember, Shepards are very intelligent dogs. Their reactions to their surroundings have been bred into them. His protection of you, as the 'pack' leader, is his job. As for your brother, if you are biological bro and sis, Baron knows this and sees him as part of the pack also. He will give you signs if someone makes him uncomfortable. When around strangers, watch his rear haunches. If you see them bunch up, he is readying himself to defend you. Shepards will always launch themselves from a standing position 'without' crouching first. The only warning you might get before this happens is a low menacing growl. If this man is a regular at your home, and you feel safe around him, I would make sure Baron is safely secured whenever he is around. There is something about the man that is setting him off. And once Baron has felt the need to protect you, there isn't much chance to stop it unless you can find out exactly what it is that sets him off. If it is that the man looks similar to someone that abused him in the past, there's not much you can do about it. Animals protect what they like, they 'remove' any perceived threat.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#15549 Jun 17, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Tonight is "double-feature" Antiques Roadshow. Ya know, I'm not sure I'd want to go to one ... and stand in line for all that time!
I don't want to ruffle feathers but...there's a HAWKey game on!!!!!

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#15550 Jun 17, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want to ruffle feathers but...there's a HAWKey game on!!!!!
Oh yeah! Good luck re: your iceHawks. It's not on regular NBC. But, I have limited interest span for hockey anyway, unless it's an Olympic contest a la the 1980 "Miracle On Ice", and when U.S. plays Canadians or Russia since then.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#15551 Jun 17, 2013
^^^ I meant the Canadian, Russian, or Finland teams in the Olympics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it rare to find Women who'll face ride ? 3 hr James 8
Solar Eclipse set for Monday 8/21/17 15 hr eclipse alert 3
Anybody hear from Rodney Lyvers? 19 hr Seduciary 2
Foot slave for straight guy 22 hr Footboi 1
Live PD withdrawals Sun drone strike 1
Bowling alley in glen Burnie Maryland departmen... (May '16) Sat memw33 2
Christine Mackey Sat Cindy 2
More from around the web