Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#14733 May 17, 2013
Good morning Ruby and Dazzle, and thanks! Jane was certainly gracious.

I'm watching the entire Desperate Housewives series. I'd hear people in the office talking about it, but I just didn't watch TV then so I wasn't interested.
My daughter turned on the first episode for me and warned, "You'll be addicted" and she was right.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#14734 May 17, 2013
Morning Barbi! Never watched it, I didn't want to get attached to another TV show when it came out. I am really into Chicago Fire however I haven't been able to watch the last 3 shows I have on DVR.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14735 May 17, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Morning Barbi! Never watched it, I didn't want to get attached to another TV show when it came out. I am really into Chicago Fire however I haven't been able to watch the last 3 shows I have on DVR.
Oh, I am so hooked. All 7 seasons are on On Demand.
Now, I wanted to watch Chicago Fire when I saw the previews!
It's really hard to find the time to watch everything we want to watch. This DVR is something my brother has been bugging me to try. Isn't that where you can actually tape the programs and watch it later?

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14736 May 17, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Bernie!! that was one of my recommendations. You'll like it. It's cute and you can never go wrong with Shirley McLaine
enjoy
so whats your junk food of choice? mine is butterfat rich white sheet birthday cake (the real devil's food) and Frito Cheet-os. A vile combo sure to send me to my grave with a smile on my face
Hi Rose~~
I'll be sure and let you know about Bernie tomorrow.
Favorite junk food? hmmmmm...
Sometimes it's pizza but I love to eat frozen Cool Whip.
FRESH potato chips, the plain variety. I don't need ridges,
or any type of flavored.
I just wish I could figure out a way to dip with them without
breaking.
When it comes to cake~~I'm more into the icing than the cake.
I love the icing on Italian Cream Cake.
Another weakness of mine is cheese.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#14737 May 17, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
I'm watching the entire Desperate Housewives series. I'd hear people in the office talking about it, but I just didn't watch TV then so I wasn't interested.
My daughter turned on the first episode for me and warned, "You'll be addicted" and she was right.
Teri Hatcher, I should mention, saved my life!!!

#14738 May 17, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I am so hooked. All 7 seasons are on On Demand.
Now, I wanted to watch Chicago Fire when I saw the previews!
It's really hard to find the time to watch everything we want to watch. This DVR is something my brother has been bugging me to try. Isn't that where you can actually tape the programs and watch it later?
Yeah. It's really nice to be able to fast forward through the commercials too. The only thing is Comcast's DVR will fill up quickly. Not too quickly but it does fill up. Also if you are recording two shows at the same time and want to watch TV you have to watch one of the ones recording. They really need to upgrade their recorders.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14739 May 17, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
Curlie was a fan of Breaking Bad from the very first episode.
He kept on until I watched it~~
I blame him for getting me addicted to it.

I've never watched, Desperate Housewives.

#14740 May 17, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rose~~
I'll be sure and let you know about Bernie tomorrow.
Favorite junk food? hmmmmm...
Sometimes it's pizza but I love to eat frozen Cool Whip.
FRESH potato chips, the plain variety. I don't need ridges,
or any type of flavored.
I just wish I could figure out a way to dip with them without
breaking.
When it comes to cake~~I'm more into the icing than the cake.
I love the icing on Italian Cream Cake.
Another weakness of mine is cheese.
I have been meaning to rent it. It took place in East Texas. One of my friends is entertainment editor for a newspaper in Texas and she interviewed one of the locals that had a part in the movie. It was an interesting article and really made me want to watch it.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14741 May 17, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Teri Hatcher, I should mention, saved my life!!!
lol~ OMG I cannot STAND her! She's too childish, and she squeaks. How did she save the Ferrerman?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14742 May 17, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Bernie!! that was one of my recommendations. You'll like it. It's cute and you can never go wrong with Shirley McLaine
enjoy
so whats your junk food of choice? mine is butterfat rich white sheet birthday cake (the real devil's food) and Frito Cheet-os. A vile combo sure to send me to my grave with a smile on my face
I have a real thing for chili cheese Fritos!
When it's premeditated movie watching, little smokies in barbecue sauce, a variety of crackers and cheeses, and sardines and saltines.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14743 May 17, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. It's really nice to be able to fast forward through the commercials too. The only thing is Comcast's DVR will fill up quickly. Not too quickly but it does fill up. Also if you are recording two shows at the same time and want to watch TV you have to watch one of the ones recording. They really need to upgrade their recorders.
Thanks, Dazzle.
I will not watch television anymore if I have to suffer through commercials unless I just don't have a choice. Right now, we're watching Bates Motel and the commercials are so long I can take Baron out for his night walk and by the time I'm back the program has just resumed. It's ridiculous.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14744 May 17, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep hearing about Breaking Bad, and plan to give that a try.
What's fun about Desp. Housewives, beyond the characters of course, is there is so much change in each episode and they kill people off, too! lol

“maybe”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#14745 May 17, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
'Breaking Bad' is my favorite of all the series. I haven't seen the last season yet. I should check to see if it's out on dvd yet

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#14746 May 17, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Teri Hatcher, I should mention, saved my life!!!
do tell

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#14747 May 17, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been meaning to rent it. It took place in East Texas. One of my friends is entertainment editor for a newspaper in Texas and she interviewed one of the locals that had a part in the movie. It was an interesting article and really made me want to watch it.
Thats the best part of the movie - the locals. I was told Matthew McConnely(sp) grew up in Sparta Texas and was the one who recommended using locals to tell the story.

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#14748 May 17, 2013
Got to get going folks

From Rose of Tralee's audio video files I give you La Miniatura.

A Frank Lloyde Wright block home located in Pasadena on the upper Arroyo overlooking the Rose Bowl. It was recently put up on the market, but with all of Frank's cinder block homes, in desperate need of repair. It's a beauty though....

http://www.hometrendesign.com/millard-house-l...

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#14749 May 17, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>lol~ OMG I cannot STAND her! She's too childish, and she squeaks. How did she save the Ferrerman?
Well, she may, indeed, be all those things but, she's also quite spankable. With that in mind, I was inside watching Desperate Housewives one fine, early Fall evening instead of being outside on my balcony, drinking beer. Had I been doing that, I might very well have gotten into some trouble.

Long story short, My neighbor got robbed that evening,outside our respective apartments. If I'm out there, either I'm a crime victim too or I'm taking up for my neighbor and just a victim. This was before I was armed and dangerous. Prior to this, I had just been dangerous.

Yep, Teri Hatcher saved my life!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14750 May 17, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Well, she may, indeed, be all those things but, she's also quite spankable. With that in mind, I was inside watching Desperate Housewives one fine, early Fall evening instead of being outside on my balcony, drinking beer. Had I been doing that, I might very well have gotten into some trouble.
Long story short, My neighbor got robbed that evening,outside our respective apartments. If I'm out there, either I'm a crime victim too or I'm taking up for my neighbor and just a victim. This was before I was armed and dangerous. Prior to this, I had just been dangerous.
Yep, Teri Hatcher saved my life!
haha spankable? I would think you'd say that about Gabby (Eva Longoria), with her bubble butt.
You're one of those guys who gets involved, right? I like that. Just don't get killed doing it~ where would we be without you?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14751 May 17, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Got to get going folks
From Rose of Tralee's audio video files I give you La Miniatura.
A Frank Lloyde Wright block home located in Pasadena on the upper Arroyo overlooking the Rose Bowl. It was recently put up on the market, but with all of Frank's cinder block homes, in desperate need of repair. It's a beauty though....
http://www.hometrendesign.com/millard-house-l...
Gorgeous home! Wow~ although I wouldn't want to live in a castle. All those blocks are too cold. No way on that kitchen, except for the range.
Thanks, Rose!

#14752 May 17, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Dazzle.
I will not watch television anymore if I have to suffer through commercials unless I just don't have a choice. Right now, we're watching Bates Motel and the commercials are so long I can take Baron out for his night walk and by the time I'm back the program has just resumed. It's ridiculous.
Bates Motel is another one I DVR so I can fast forward through commercials. Some of the shows I watch are available through on demand, but for some on demand shows you can't fast forward through commercials so I record them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 2 min Aithusa 19,082
Snapchat 2016 4 hr gt1racer3 1
Gay Guys SC 5 hr Horny 131
MMM pays... REGISTER NOW!!! 7 hr tester 2
Come talk to me!;) 9 hr YoungAndBeautiful 18
I'm board skype me 13 hr Cut the Board 2
Word association game (Sep '12) 17 hr Calisportsgirl 1,700
More from around the web