Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“maybe”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#14712 May 16, 2013
Since yesterdays thread got bumped into the back ground, I, Rose of Tralee bring you Ground Hogs Day

Good morning good folk of the BRG thread. Today I'll be sharing a link on Crafts. Yes, BRG and C. Any fans of David Sedaris? well, sister Amy Sedaris has a line of fabrics - scroll down; surprised me too.

I discovered this blog site several years back. Full of retro finds. Cathy seems to have been able to take a passion and seugway it into something larger.

http://www.cathyofcalifornia.typepad.com

this link takes you to her video intro on-line store where you can go to the category on the left side and pick something that interests you. It's not to buy them but to buy the on-line instruction.

Each category holds video shorts. check it out. I could get lost here for days

http://www.creativebug.com/instructors/cathy-...

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#14713 May 16, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine once said a southern woman can tell you to go to hell in such a way you'll enjoy the trip! LOL
My mother's southern and if she tells you to go to hell, you'll know it

Hi DD

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#14714 May 16, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text> I'm confused by your question. I usually send someone a pm and ask if they have a email they use to communicate with people on topix.
<quoted text> I have an email that I use for topix and a couple of others. I trusted 2 people with one of the "others" and since then my maiden name, first married name, current married name, city I live in, year I graduated high school, my wedding picture from myspace, another picture from my facebook was photoshopped with me smoking a cigar have all been posted.
<quoted text> trackers don't work when some ahole uses your email to find out other forums you post in, or your facebook/myspace pages
<quoted text> It all depends on what name you use when you sign up for the email account. That name is usually posted on all the emails you send out in the header. At least that's my understanding.
Thanks.
Holy crap, didn't know that all had happened to you! That sucks that was done to you!

I guess that answers that-
somebody really can find out all kinds of stuff jsut from an email.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#14715 May 16, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother's southern and if she tells you to go to hell, you'll know it
Hi DD
Hi Rose!! Hope things go well for you today. You're in CA, right? Hope the fires aren't close to you, or did they get put out?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#14716 May 16, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Since yesterdays thread got bumped into the back ground, I, Rose of Tralee bring you Ground Hogs Day
Good morning good folk of the BRG thread. Today I'll be sharing a link on Crafts. Yes, BRG and C. Any fans of David Sedaris? well, sister Amy Sedaris has a line of fabrics - scroll down; surprised me too.
I discovered this blog site several years back. Full of retro finds. Cathy seems to have been able to take a passion and seugway it into something larger.
http://www.cathyofcalifornia.typepad.com
this link takes you to her video intro on-line store where you can go to the category on the left side and pick something that interests you. It's not to buy them but to buy the on-line instruction.
Each category holds video shorts. check it out. I could get lost here for days
http://www.creativebug.com/instructors/cathy-...
I like the Sedaris children. Very entertaining. I saw David on The Daily Show recently.

#14717 May 16, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks.
Holy crap, didn't know that all had happened to you! That sucks that was done to you!
I guess that answers that-
somebody really can find out all kinds of stuff jsut from an email.
Yep. It does suck. There's not a lot that you can do either. Even if it is against the law in many states for that to happen the law enforcement doesn't have the manpower to pursue cases. The state I live in is one of the few where they will go after a person who breaks internet law, and they will go after people in other states. They have already done so. But then even if they do pursue criminal charges and you file a civil suit against them, chances are you're not going to ever see any monetary reward. You may get a verdict awarding you damages, but you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. I did turn it in to my state's AG but I don't really expect anything to happen. I did it in case it continues to happen, then I can show a pattern of it occurring.

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#14718 May 16, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I like the Sedaris children. Very entertaining. I saw David on The Daily Show recently.
He's fun. I went through my Sedaris period; read a bunch of his books. A great story teller

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#14719 May 16, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? In what forum did that go down?
Are ya' scared?:D
I'm not allowed to say. Sub is a lawyer and thus, allowed to subvert the 1st Amendment at his leisure! BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#14720 May 16, 2013
Has anyone read A Clockwork Orange? just finished it.

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#14721 May 16, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rose!! Hope things go well for you today. You're in CA, right? Hope the fires aren't close to you, or did they get put out?
I'm good.

It's close in that it starts between here and Bakersfield (the CA grapevine)- which is where the fire started (Frazier Park). I could probably be there in an hour. It's part of a range that heads up towards Santa Barbara and beyond to the Big Sur Coast called the Los Padres National Forest. I've camped at Mount Pinos, which is where they release the endangered California Codors and near Frazier Park.

We lost 75% of our mountain to two fires - the most land lost was in the terrible, horrible, will live in infamy 'Station Fire" of 2009

#14722 May 16, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good.
It's close in that it starts between here and Bakersfield (the CA grapevine)- which is where the fire started (Frazier Park). I could probably be there in an hour. It's part of a range that heads up towards Santa Barbara and beyond to the Big Sur Coast called the Los Padres National Forest. I've camped at Mount Pinos, which is where they release the endangered California Codors and near Frazier Park.
We lost 75% of our mountain to two fires - the most land lost was in the terrible, horrible, will live in infamy 'Station Fire" of 2009
I have a friend that is from Arcadia and she really worries about the fires. She does bird photography and is a wildlife enthusiast.

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#14724 May 16, 2013
_Olive_ wrote:
Read it years ago as a kid but it didn't leave much of an impression on me. Burgess considered himself a Teddy Boy - now that interests me.

Did you enjoy it?

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#14725 May 16, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a friend that is from Arcadia and she really worries about the fires. She does bird photography and is a wildlife enthusiast.
It's always an issue around here. I have a connection to a ranger who warned folks not to come up during hunting season because unregistered yahoos were showing up with with serious firepower and shooting from the campgrounds. Just isn't the man power necessary to protect our backyard treasure.
Carl Bad

Oceanside, CA

#14726 May 16, 2013
_Olive_ wrote:
I have read it.
Remember ginny it is not an instructional manual.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#14727 May 16, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Who Sue??
Barbi, Sue isn't a troll.
Yes, Sue. And her dozens of socks. But since she's your friend, I'll not continue. To elaborate would also give her an exhilaration I know will complete her day, and I won't allow her that.
Suffice to say that when I think of Sue, I think of a hornet's nest.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#14728 May 16, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Sue. And her dozens of socks. But since she's your friend, I'll not continue. To elaborate would also give her an exhilaration I know will complete her day, and I won't allow her that.
Suffice to say that when I think of Sue, I think of a hornet's nest.
Since she's my friend you'll not continue-
You're the only person that's ever said anything like that to me about anyone. I really appreciate that.

You're entitled to your opinion-
I guess this is going to have to be just one of those things we agree to disagree on.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14729 May 17, 2013
Good morning everyone~~
Curlie and I are going to gorge on junk food while
watching, Bernie, this evening.

Shirley McLaine is one of my favorite actresses.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14730 May 17, 2013
Barbi and Jane~~
Way to go girls!!!
I wish more posters handled their differences like
you two have.

#14731 May 17, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Barbi and Jane~~
Way to go girls!!!
I wish more posters handled their differences like
you two have.
Not sure who you are talking about. ;-)

It's nice to see two adults acting like,well..... adults.

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#14732 May 17, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning everyone~~
Curlie and I are going to gorge on junk food while
watching, Bernie, this evening.
Shirley McLaine is one of my favorite actresses.
Bernie!! that was one of my recommendations. You'll like it. It's cute and you can never go wrong with Shirley McLaine

enjoy

so whats your junk food of choice? mine is butterfat rich white sheet birthday cake (the real devil's food) and Frito Cheet-os. A vile combo sure to send me to my grave with a smile on my face

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snapchat 2016 1 hr gt1racer3 1
Gay Guys SC 2 hr Horny 131
MMM pays... REGISTER NOW!!! 4 hr tester 2
Come talk to me!;) 6 hr YoungAndBeautiful 18
I'm board skype me 10 hr Cut the Board 2
Word association game (Sep '12) 15 hr Calisportsgirl 1,700
Amy McCombs is an informant for hpd 19 hr every troll here ... 8
More from around the web