<quoted text>
I don't get it~~
The book gave me a lot of food for thought when it comes to
organized religion.
Perhaps we are not talking about the same book,
or have different perspectives on it.
Guess I won't be seeing the movie since I can't stand
Nichols Cage.
Again, Ruby, you and I have a lot in common. I can't stand Nicholas Cage, either.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#14024 Apr 28, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I burned that book as the anti-Xtian, Muslim carp it was!!!!!!! So, nope, didn't read it.
But, I'm looking forward to the movie where I understand Sigorney Weaver will play the main character opposite Nick Cage as Jesus and Robert DeNiro as "The Professor".
Hi Ferrerman!((huggles))

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14027 Apr 28, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>There's always the chance I'm joking too....
Were you joking about the movie, too? I hope so! Do you like Sigourney Weaver?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14028 Apr 28, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Barbi!((snuggles))
Ferrerman, if you have a chance, you really need to watch this movie, "The Campaign."
I saw it the other night and it was hysterical - laughed all the way though it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790886/

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14031 Apr 28, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I'd like to see that! Will Farrel is hit and miss but Zach is hilarious.
Zach probably has the best role in this. He's not as deadpan as he always is, and this I think was a great opportunity for him to show he can play a different personality. I don't know what channels you have, but it was one of the free movies.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#14033 Apr 28, 2013
Hello!!! Am I still here???

Location hidden

#14034 Apr 28, 2013
Well, that seems to have posted ok. I've tried to reply to both Ms Barbi and Ms Dazzle with neither post showing up. Did I upset someone?

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#14035 Apr 28, 2013
Richard Barlow wrote:
Well, that seems to have posted ok. I've tried to reply to both Ms Barbi and Ms Dazzle with neither post showing up. Did I upset someone?
Hmmm, maybe they were too long? I have seen that happen before and also had that happen when typing my response took too long. Kinda frustrating.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14036 Apr 28, 2013
Richard Barlow wrote:
Richard, I can see your posts, and then my reply, and Dazzle's. The numbers line up, so no posts were deleted.
When I do a long post, sometimes I'll click in the box where the numbers are going to go, and then that gives me more time.

Location hidden

#14037 Apr 28, 2013
Probably a bit of both too long winded and took too much time. I'll try it again but condensed a bit.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#14038 Apr 28, 2013
Richard Barlow wrote:
Probably a bit of both too long winded and took too much time. I'll try it again but condensed a bit.
Your character count is about 3,800, and you can watch it to see if your post is too long. Just don't try to refresh your screen because that will wipe out your post!

Location hidden

#14039 Apr 28, 2013
This ones for Ms Dazzle. I draw the distinction between them based on the fact that there are 30,000 different religions in the world. But there is only one faith. The faith that there must be a higher power at work in the universe. That power being god. Religion dictates what they wish the faithful to believe god wishes of them. And if the faithful do not follow what religion says to do, they will be damned to an eternity of torment. Not only that, but each religion claimed to be the 'one true religion'. The majority of them worship the same god. How then, can there be so many different interpretations of gods word. So on that basis, I have the utmost respect for a person of faith who lives their life by a moral code where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Religion on the other hand, being tailored to the region that it is predominately practiced, is nothing more than a way to control society and make money. Hope this helps.

#14040 Apr 28, 2013
Richard Barlow wrote:
This ones for Ms Dazzle. I draw the distinction between them based on the fact that there are 30,000 different religions in the world. But there is only one faith. The faith that there must be a higher power at work in the universe. That power being god. Religion dictates what they wish the faithful to believe god wishes of them. And if the faithful do not follow what religion says to do, they will be damned to an eternity of torment. Not only that, but each religion claimed to be the 'one true religion'. The majority of them worship the same god. How then, can there be so many different interpretations of gods word. So on that basis, I have the utmost respect for a person of faith who lives their life by a moral code where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Religion on the other hand, being tailored to the region that it is predominately practiced, is nothing more than a way to control society and make money. Hope this helps.
It helps, thanks.

#14041 Apr 28, 2013
My friends that have family who live in West, Tx got to go in this weekend for the first time. They helped several family members try to salvage items and took several pictures. I posted links to those in the cafe if anyone's interested.

Location hidden

#14042 Apr 28, 2013
Hi Ms Barbi. This is a touchy subject in that most religious persons do not want to see their church put down in anyway, no matter what the subject.
The 'Reichskonkordat' was signed into on July 20, 1933. But that wasn't the only one in effect at the time. Three more had been signed. These three 'Landerkonkordates' were with Bavaria in '24', Prussia in '27' and Baden in '32'. They all said the same basic thing with the one with the growing nazi party going a bit further. The first three were at the behest of Pope Pius XI. The 'Reichskonkordat' was at the behest of Eugenio Pacelli, the Cardinal Secretary of State. The importance of Pacelli is that he became Pope Pius XII. He then proceded to draft concordats with other countries that coincidentally, just happened to be countries where WW2 would be fought. The main gist of the 'Reichskonkordat' being that the Vatican would set the political agenda of the churches and its members. The subsequent concordats followed suit with the one in '33' with the exception or the one with Great Britain. In that one, the main rival of the Vatican, the Queens Church, was to be dissolved.

Continued:

Location hidden

#14043 Apr 28, 2013
The British Catholics resoundly nixed that idea. For them, to dissolve the Queens Church, would give legitimacy to the idea by the Vatican that the Queen wasn't chosen by god as was the Pope. And you and I both know, the Vatican can not now, nor ever will admit that anyone other than the Pope, is chosen by god. Something else to think on. If the concordats were only in place because of the nazis, why then are they still in place to this very day? Only one reason for that. Vatican control.

Location hidden

#14044 Apr 28, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Your character count is about 3,800, and you can watch it to see if your post is too long. Just don't try to refresh your screen because that will wipe out your post!
I think my problem lies in two departments. The first being that I'm on an iPhone that doesn't show character count and secondly, I tend to get a tad long winded with my posts. When that happens, just throw something at me and I'll shut up.:)

Location hidden

#14045 Apr 28, 2013
Well good people, its been a long day and morning comesuch too quickly. Everyone have a restful night and I'll be back when time permits. Night all.
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#14046 Apr 29, 2013
Good morning~
How is everyone? Good, I hope.
I had a fun weekend...our two best friends finally tied the knot. My dh and I were in the wedding party and we had a blast. It was out of town so it was like a three day event that started on Friday night.
Everything was perfect...except for one thing. The grooms two daughters from his previous marriage attended the ceremony and they acted like they were a funeral the whole time. They're old enough to know better ( late teens ) and they shouldn't have come if they weren't happy about it. I think my friend is going to have her hands full with those two.
Thank God my dh didn't have any kids when I met him. I don't think I would have been able to handle it. I think being a second wife can be really tricky when there are kids involved.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#14048 Apr 29, 2013
Mia wrote:
Good morning~
How is everyone? Good, I hope.
I had a fun weekend...our two best friends finally tied the knot. My dh and I were in the wedding party and we had a blast. It was out of town so it was like a three day event that started on Friday night.
Everything was perfect...except for one thing. The grooms two daughters from his previous marriage attended the ceremony and they acted like they were a funeral the whole time. They're old enough to know better ( late teens ) and they shouldn't have come if they weren't happy about it. I think my friend is going to have her hands full with those two.
Thank God my dh didn't have any kids when I met him. I don't think I would have been able to handle it. I think being a second wife can be really tricky when there are kids involved.
Good morning Mia

Mozzeltoff! sounds like a lot of fun if it went for three days. Most of my friends never got hitched and if they did a quickie in Vegas. I've said it more then once, I've attended more funerals then I have weddings. Grim....

My sister is a second wife with zero kids who came into a situation with three kids. The oldest was off at Berkley but the other two were at home with an ex wife who wasn't peaches and cream. The youngest, a girl, was her biggest obstacle, but I don't think she really cared. She has a degree in teaching, though thats not what she ever did. But I've seen her around children, and she makes then tow the line. When she went to the son's hs graduation, she made a bee line to the mom and her parents. Lets just say she managed to wing it so that she was also asked to join in the after graduation dinner. Works for a famous non profit holding down a department. She plays well with others. The middle son has autism/aspergers and she was able to do a lot for him,(she's well connected) plus the whole snotty teen business just wasn't a part of his vocabulary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 35 min NotaGoth 3,558
Bigfoot sightings 9 hr -meabadboy- 69
The Wabbit Hutch (May '11) Sat -Lily- 1,329
Word association game (Sep '12) Sat Red_Forman 1,093
Campfire Memories Sat --Rickster-- 4,464
stock market Fri the watch-man 1
Google Chrome Will Start Auto-Pausing Video Adv... Fri gweijie 1
More from around the web