Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Back a bit in the posts, there was mention of stolen art by the nazis. Although much ended up in the hands of the nazis, what I find the most interesting, is how much ended up in the hands of the Vatican and how much of that is still there. And because the storehouses of the Vatican are protected by religion as being part of the church's 'sanctuary' laws, these items are only known about thru the admissions of a few sources that finally broke with the church when they discovered the hypocrisy that the church showed. Their testimony corroborated records found after WW2. Another interesting note is that most of what is still missing and seems to be at the Vatican, are pieces that were made of gold and were fashioned in a religious theme. Getting rid of evidence while retaining its value is an easy matter when the items are made of pure gold. Not hard to melt it down and then recast that into something else. Say for instance, the little wand the pope carries that was presented to him 'after' WW2 ended. Just a thought.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Ron Burgundy wrote:
This just in, we have successfully recorded Hegel's mating call.
Be forewarned this is not family safe, so ya'll need to hide your kids, hide your wife...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ron. That was really dumb.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Hello Fer, Hegel and all.

Fer, this is for 'the likes of you'. I'm listening to it on my Blues station right now. Seemed fitting somehow :)

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Good morning everyone! Great choice Cat!

I see not a lot has changed in the past week.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Here's my Ferrerman song!

The Eagles
"Take it Easy"

Good morning everyone

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Morning Barbi!*waives*

I don't have a Ferrrerman song, I'll have to work on that.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

DazzleDat wrote:
Morning Barbi!*waives*
I don't have a Ferrrerman song, I'll have to work on that.
Morning Dazzle!
It just popped into my head and I think the idea came from some of the writings on his blog. Then again, there's the other Ferrerman!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quot

ed text>How YOU doin'?
Actually, a very ironic choice! I used to have quite the feud going with Lynyrd Skynyrd over this song. It was a rip-off of a song about me called "Damn Ferrerman". Ronnie Skynyrd and I were about to discuss this when I pulled a .44 on him. He wisely ran and peed all over himself but, that's a story for another day. We worked out our differences about this song and- as bad luck would have it, their plane crashed that very day. Worse, my career as an aircraft mechanic was ruined!
That was YOU? How could you!? That wasn't a .44, it was the aileron control thingy *shakes head*

That was very bad. I think maybe after this story, I will have to come up with another song for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

DazzleDat wrote:
Good morning everyone! Great choice Cat!
I see not a lot has changed in the past week.
Thanks Dazzle, good morning! So good to see you. No, nothing has changed around here. Apparently, people on topix think that change is bad, except when it comes to changing socks. At least those are always new. lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Hiya, Barbi! I see I get the requisite meanie faces when I post here :)

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

-CatCiao- wrote:
Hiya, Barbi! I see I get the requisite meanie faces when I post here :)
Hi Cat! We've been getting them routinely for several days now, so it's not just you. Actually, I use them to gauge whether or not I'm showing. So, they are useful.
:D

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Abby Normal One wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure how I do it.
I know how. I'm in his head and not paying rent.

Live long and prop(sper)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Gaydar Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds legit that you'd heart steely dan since
steely dan was named after a strap on vibrator
Really? I wonder why they didn't call it Steely BOB. I think they missed the boat on that one. Do you have a link?

:-P

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean from Pt. Reyes to Novato and back to I-80? Or up further up to Clear Lake and then Mendocino? I've been all over that area for many years, but when I go to the Sierra Nevada (Tahoe) it's via 80 because that's quickest for me. Ugly drive, but I'm there in less than two hours.
I drove through Shasta on my way home after depositing my daughter in Arcata a few years ago, to go to school. It was a really difficult time for me, and I knew what scenery I needed for the way home so was intentionally alone. I will never forget that drive. Thank God for those mountains.
Hard times always feel like the desert. Pine or evergreens are the balm.

I'm looking at a map now - several passes 80 - 50 - 88 - 108. 108 looks like it gets you into Yosemite. From the google map site they all look like they would be beautiful drives. My thoughts are about going up 395 and staying in Bishop with a friend then heading north up 395, crossing over the sierrahs on one of those routes. Or just hugging the coast.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
My Mr Man is a Steely Dan fan (poem). I think they're going to be playing in the area soon. Saw the adverts somewhere.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard times always feel like the desert. Pine or evergreens are the balm.
I'm looking at a map now - several passes 80 - 50 - 88 - 108. 108 looks like it gets you into Yosemite. From the google map site they all look like they would be beautiful drives. My thoughts are about going up 395 and staying in Bishop with a friend then heading north up 395, crossing over the sierrahs on one of those routes. Or just hugging the coast.
Hey Ms Rose. How ya doin? Just got back from a little road trip ourselves the other day. Went down to Phoenix and picked up an engine for the hay grinder. On the way back up, we spent a couple days at the Grand Canyon. Carried the bike down with us so we could do some tooling around.
I didn't catch when you were planning your road trip, but the road into Yosemite (SR120, Tioga Pass) is closed in the winter and spring. But if you get the chance to drive it, it's beautiful. And the Wawona Lodge is a great place to stay at when you're in Yosemite Valley. You'll need reservations of course. From there, its just a hop, skip and a jump down into Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks. The drive from Yosemite to Kings Canyon is all small twisty two lane. From Sequoia, you drop down SR223 if I remember right, out of Bodfish (Miracle Hot Springs) thru Arvin and then I-5 south. Or you can drop down to Metler and pick up SR166 west into Santa Maria and then US101 south. But in any case, get on the net and look up www.dot.ca.gov . There is a place to type in any CA. highway and find out if its open or not. Another source is 800-427-7623. That one tells you about road construction in the state.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church (more precisely the Vatican) played the major roll in the extermination of the Jews. Hitler was just the means in which to do that. During Hitlers rise to power, the Vatican regularly praised his efforts in doing gods work. In the 30s, the Vatican was losing its grip on the western region of Europe. The churches there were breaking away in large numbers and the Jewish religion was increasing its numbers rapidly. The Catholic Church, being nothing more that a money making operation, saw its profits dwindling. They had to do something drastic to stop that. And when they saw how popular Hitler was becoming, their opportunity to reclaim their largest source of income presented itself. WW2 was always about money. Ever wonder why Africa was so important during the war? Wealth. One of Hitlers top orders to his field commanders, was the capture and securement of the diamond mines and oil supplies. That whole disgusting mess was perpetrated for one reason. The Catholic Churches quest to keep its money and power. That was how monitory help was funneled to the nazis from the U.S. during the war. It went thru the Vatican. Bet you never heard any of that in history class. Hell, it's not even being hidden.
Richard, with sincere respect, I accept your disdain for Catholics, but to levy such accusations surprises me. No offense, please, but you're wrong. Hitler, who was extremely popular before World War II, wooed the Catholic church into signing a treaty and the church wisely did so to retain its power. In fact, as far as I know, the "concordant" is still in effect.
However, whatever support, and certainly not allegiance, in the agreement and stupidly construed by Hitler as a major political score, was quickly withdrawn when he revealed himself as mad as a hatter, racist, and bloodthirsty to slaughter the Jews, thus creating his Aryan race.
Catholic Church and Aryan race? Hardly. The church condemned this, with the German Catholics a bit slower to grasp what was happening.
Of course the matter is controversial and always will be, but I consider the argument another excuse for scholars to pontificate (pardon the pun) piffle.
I'm glad the Vatican is as powerful as it is and while their hands are far from clean, they're not stained with the blood of the Holocaust.

“Hiding”

Level 8

Since: May 11

In witness protection

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I read an article in Mother Earth News years ago about setting
up a worm bed under your kitchen sink.
It said, if the worms were well fed they would not crawl out
of the bin.
Supposedly, they did not cause an odor because they are such
fast composters.
No, I had no desire to have a worm bed under my kitchen sink...
Me neither.

“Hiding”

Level 8

Since: May 11

In witness protection

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Lots of people compost indoors with red worms specifically. I hear they are voracious eaters and poopers. I read that regular earthworms aren't but, I'm happy to see them in my compost piles, regardless of color.
The red worms here are $35 for 4 ounces. I've got the regular earthworms in my yard.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Richard, with sincere respect, I accept your disdain for Catholics, but to levy such accusations surprises me. No offense, please, but you're wrong. Hitler, who was extremely popular before World War II, wooed the Catholic church into signing a treaty and the church wisely did so to retain its power. In fact, as far as I know, the "concordant" is still in effect.
However, whatever support, and certainly not allegiance, in the agreement and stupidly construed by Hitler as a major political score, was quickly withdrawn when he revealed himself as mad as a hatter, racist, and bloodthirsty to slaughter the Jews, thus creating his Aryan race.
Catholic Church and Aryan race? Hardly. The church condemned this, with the German Catholics a bit slower to grasp what was happening.
Of course the matter is controversial and always will be, but I consider the argument another excuse for scholars to pontificate (pardon the pun) piffle.
I'm glad the Vatican is as powerful as it is and while their hands are far from clean, they're not stained with the blood of the Holocaust.
Hello Ms Barbi. Hope all is well on your end. Got up and did the feeding early this morning. Going to take a ride up to Glaicer. Just sitting here finishing my breakfast.

First off, let me start by saying, I draw a distinction between Catholics and the Vatican. The Vatican is money and power mad and Catholics are their source for both. That being said, I do hold disdain for religion. All religion. I have no problem with faith however. It's when someone believes that one can only have faith because of a belief in religion, that I have a problem. Hope that makes sense.

The Concordance served more than one purpose.
Firstly, it solidified the Vaticans hold on the Bavarian Catholic Churches. They couldn't break from the Vatican for fear of being dissolved by the German political powers. Secondly, it effectively removed the catholic centrist party from being able to oppose the nazi party. The concordance was being talked about even before Hitler came to power. Without it, the centrist party was poised to take power in Germany. The Vatican, seeing the strategic importance of this, strongly pushed the Bishops to go along with it. Reluctantly, they did. The people, seeing what the Vatican was doing, followed along as well.

The Vatican is nothing more than an opportunistic fraternal organization. The only thing on their minds are power and money. If one has the money, they have the power. If you have the power, you can take more money. There are lists of artifacts that were given to the Nazis that the Vatican wanted. If they weren't perpetrators of this atrocity, those lists would never have existed. If they weren't collaborators with the Nazis, Pope Pius XII would not have stated that Hitler was doing gods work. If their hands weren't still dirty, they would open the vaults and give back to those countries, the artifacts that were stolen from them.

I'll reiterate what I said in the beginning. A person of faith has my respect. When combined with religion (which is man made) they lose that respect. It's just my personal feeling on the subject and the reason that I usually don't disguss it with whom I like. It doesn't turn out well most of the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Topix Forum right now

Search the Topix Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Struggling101's Game Plan On Life With A Forced... 1 hr Krackerjacks 472
43 Now viewing this forum 2 hr cjt12 93
Top Ten Sexiest Women Of All Time ! (Mar '13) 2 hr cjt12 103
Food 4 hr Food crazy 1
The Wabbit Hutch (May '11) 5 hr Wabbit 1,223
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 7 hr DazzleDat 18,186
Where did Everybody go? 15 hr Rose of Tralee 4
•••
•••