Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“maybe”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#12945 Mar 24, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>At least with the rehab addict she doesn't have artificial deadlines to meet like the shows that redo kitchens in a ridiculously short time frame. She's actually finding and doing these houses herself rather than having casting calls of attractive young couples at Lowes like most of the other fix-it shows. One has to suspend a lot of reality with most of those shows.
agree - unlike new construction - rehab takes much more time. Getting rid of the bad and rotted then the ingenuity involved in replacing things that no longer fit (2 x 4) which is now (3 3/4 by 1 1/2) it's totally time consuming. And those quickie fix its may look good for the camera, but I bet they're tacky in real time

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12948 Mar 24, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Guess so ^^^
Good morning RGB friends, foes and whomever still has an account.....
It seems to be Tom Papass against the world on 8. Although, much to my surprise, cranky Tom answered Mia's inquiry on the "name three things" game "what do you do when your feeling sad" and (comment later removed) he said call his mother and (paraphrasing) try to help shelter animals find a "forever home"
Kind of noble. Lets just say, I don't get it - where is all this other putrid stuff coming from?
ok
So from the Rose of Tralee visual files, I bring you the remnants of what Grimms Fairy tale's are made of. Currently in National Geographic magazine, this is a documented photo collection of a man who went in search of celebrations that predated Christ and Christianity in Europe. Celebrations of the seasons that blended and now coincide with Christian today. Think Easter bunny.
Make sure you go through the 19 photos at the top of the page. This is extraordinary stuff my friends
"Where the Wild Things Are"
http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/18/wher...
enjoy
I see a new book for my library on the horizon. That is truely fascinating. But for some strange reason, image #8 made me want to reach for my rolling papers.:)

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#12949 Mar 24, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Guess so ^^^
Good morning RGB friends, foes and whomever still has an account.....
It seems to be Tom Papass against the world on 8. Although, much to my surprise, cranky Tom answered Mia's inquiry on the "name three things" game "what do you do when your feeling sad" and (comment later removed) he said call his mother and (paraphrasing) try to help shelter animals find a "forever home"
Kind of noble. Lets just say, I don't get it - where is all this other putrid stuff coming from?
ok
So from the Rose of Tralee visual files, I bring you the remnants of what Grimms Fairy tale's are made of. Currently in National Geographic magazine, this is a documented photo collection of a man who went in search of celebrations that predated Christ and Christianity in Europe. Celebrations of the seasons that blended and now coincide with Christian today. Think Easter bunny.
Make sure you go through the 19 photos at the top of the page. This is extraordinary stuff my friends
"Where the Wild Things Are"
http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/18/wher...
enjoy
Thank you, Rose. I really enjoyed this and the photos. I noticed most of the costumes had horns, or antlers. Or racks, as we call them on our deer. I guess they were all males!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#12950 Mar 24, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>At least with the rehab addict she doesn't have artificial deadlines to meet like the shows that redo kitchens in a ridiculously short time frame. She's actually finding and doing these houses herself rather than having casting calls of attractive young couples at Lowes like most of the other fix-it shows. One has to suspend a lot of reality with most of those shows.
Having built a house (years ago) the most difficult room is the kitchen. All that cabinetry, plumbing, gas lines, special outlets, etc.
I used to have a thing about painting my kitchen cabinets. Loved to do it. Then, it wasn't fashionable to have them painted. Everything had to be stained. Now we're back to paint. And now, I don't really care, as long as I can figure out how reach the top shelf without climbing a ladder.

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#12951 Mar 25, 2013
Carl Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Off topic.
I was in your neck of the woods last night. Traveled up to Pasadena
to attend the Social Daunce Irregulars Grand Victorian Ball.
it was a hoot. Spent the night at a friend's and got home before
south bound traffic set in.
You should have stuck around and visited Heritage Square. It might have been Victorian overkill but fun.

Right before they were moved there from Bunker Hill etc, my father, a nut for all things Victorian, would drag us on Sunday drives to visit them. He took a bunch of black and white photos when they were in states of decay. I should go back and compare them to the photos on Carroll street. Some may be match ups. Great place to walk around. V V V

Carroll Ave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Avenue

http://heritagesquare.org/

(Museum of the Arroyo day May 19) see them all for free

http://heritagesquare.org/events/calendar/mus...

btw: where is this SGIGVB held?

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#12952 Mar 25, 2013
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
I see a new book for my library on the horizon. That is truely fascinating. But for some strange reason, image #8 made me want to reach for my rolling papers.:)
Did you look at them in full screen mode? I'm going with #6. I THINK he's representing a bear, but he kind of looks like an alien too.

smoking spruce? you are German to the bone LOL

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#12953 Mar 25, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, Rose. I really enjoyed this and the photos. I noticed most of the costumes had horns, or antlers. Or racks, as we call them on our deer. I guess they were all males!
very good point (pun intended)

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#12954 Mar 25, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Having built a house (years ago) the most difficult room is the kitchen. All that cabinetry, plumbing, gas lines, special outlets, etc.
I used to have a thing about painting my kitchen cabinets. Loved to do it. Then, it wasn't fashionable to have them painted. Everything had to be stained. Now we're back to paint. And now, I don't really care, as long as I can figure out how reach the top shelf without climbing a ladder.
Mine were stained when I moved in. Defiantly a victim of it's 50's atomic ranch period. Plain Janes without any kind of trim. Tile counters in that weird speckled pinkish flesh color and capped with maroon edging. I made it work - but it was work. Combining vintage and modern. The cabinets are white now and shall remain so. I like a white, bright, lit kitchen

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#12955 Mar 25, 2013
Any Rumi fans here?
dem

Chicago, IL

#12957 Mar 25, 2013
Wow!
Sad to hear about Artgal.
She was so looking forward to going home this week.
Life is short.
Enjoy it.

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#12958 Mar 25, 2013
dem wrote:
Wow!
Sad to hear about Artgal.
She was so looking forward to going home this week.
Life is short.
Enjoy it.
Hello dem, so true.

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#12959 Mar 26, 2013
Hello everyone. I'm finally home but a bit later than expected due to weather delays.

I was so sorry and sad to hear the news about ArtGal. She'd fought so hard and had come through so much when I was last here... Anyway, my most sincere condolences to her family and I wish them lots of love, peace and light.

As to the rest of this place (other than the diner and a few other threads).....it's just sick. Nothing more to say, really.

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#12960 Mar 26, 2013
Morning Hegel - it's down to Covcas - BRG - Ms Junket and "name three things" for me.

Glad to see you back.
Mia

Seymour, CT

#12961 Mar 26, 2013
Hi Hegel~
I was getting ready to post, "Where's Hegel"!?
I'm glad you're back.

I'm so sad about Artgal. I thought she was getting better...she was supposed to be going home this week. I still can't believe it.

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#12962 Mar 26, 2013
_Olive_ wrote:
Any Rumi fans here?
Hegel is

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#12963 Mar 26, 2013
Hegel wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm finally home but a bit later than expected due to weather delays.
I was so sorry and sad to hear the news about ArtGal. She'd fought so hard and had come through so much when I was last here... Anyway, my most sincere condolences to her family and I wish them lots of love, peace and light.
As to the rest of this place (other than the diner and a few other threads).....it's just sick. Nothing more to say, really.
It is so good to see you back! You have been missed. I hope you had a restful vacation.

“maybe”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#12964 Mar 26, 2013
Mia wrote:
Hi Hegel~
I'm glad you're back.
I'm so sad about Artgal. I thought she was getting better...she was supposed to be going home this week. I still can't believe it.
I know!!!! it all looked like rainbows and unicorns, then she just slipped away. And everything feels weird now. I can take trolling - but this? It's creeping me out.

how many (_________s) are there? I've counted one from Ohio, from San Jose and from Idaho.

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#12965 Mar 26, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Morning Hegel - it's down to Covcas - BRG - Ms Junket and "name three things" for me.
Glad to see you back.
Thanks, Rose:)

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#12966 Mar 26, 2013
Mia wrote:
Hi Hegel~
I'm glad you're back.
Thanks, Mia:) I was off visiting family. It was a nice break but I could have done without the delay getting home.

Yes, it's very sad news about AG. I'm just trying to wrap my head around it....

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#12967 Mar 26, 2013
_Olive_ wrote:
Any Rumi fans here?
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hegel is
Yes, I am! One of my favorite books:

http://www.amazon.com/Illuminated-Rumi-Jalal-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay & Bisexual Guys Chat 1 hr iBall 1
White Male Privilege 1 hr Revelation 1
Dr. Phil's episode on Mike who was abandoned as... (Aug '13) 3 hr Snuggarbear 14
Gay teens in Iowa 3 hr antonysmith29 1
thick oiled up bbc who wants to see? 9 hr Stony301 2
Word association game (Sep '12) 10 hr Female 39 1,533
Boyfriend finds me attractive fat? 16 hr ur boring 2
More from around the web