|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Barbi A wrote:
I wanted to share where my daughter got to work yesterday - at the City Club which is located in the historic Pacific Stock Exchange building. She was on the 9th floor and her view was of the Transamerica building. It was all Art Deco, she said, and here here's one of the murals:
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Great murals. Thanks for sharing.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Barbi A wrote:
I wanted to share where my daughter got to work yesterday - at the City Club which is located in the historic Pacific Stock Exchange building. She was on the 9th floor and her view was of the Transamerica building. It was all Art Deco, she said, and here here's one of the murals:
Cool Beans Barbi A.

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Barbi A wrote:
Beautiful!

“The Force is with me”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck and Godspeed, Hegel!
Thanks, Barbi!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>Great murals. Thanks for sharing.
Morning fessor . Has anything happened to Cat house Mouse ? Isn't he from around your area ?

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Good morning!! I just posted an update in the diner. AG has been moved to a new room, is sitting up and talking! She may try to post later.

“Wolves in the moonlight”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

There's an update on ArtGal. She's been moved to another room and is sitting up. She may make a post later today. We'll do like the Vatican and send up a white smoke signal when we here something!

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Barbi A wrote:
Love those murals - I think Huell Howser did a program on their restoration. New Deal realism

“The Force is with me”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

covcas wrote:
There's an update on ArtGal. She's been moved to another room and is sitting up. She may make a post later today. We'll do like the Vatican and send up a white smoke signal when we here something!
Thanks for the updates, covcas and Dazzle!

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

So no one was a fan of this chapel? did anyone look through the thumbnails? I was kind of dazzled by it. Might be my favorite chapel outside of Gaudi's. Of course it would be impractical during a snow storm, but perfect for spring showers - bring an umbrella.

http://www.archdaily.com/298693/reading-betwe...

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Hegel wrote:
He's been suffering through another week in California, poor thing.
I resent that...

Are you going to where i think your going?

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

covcas wrote:
ha! good to hear

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>I resent that...

Me too, I love California.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text>Morning fessor . Has anything happened to Cat house Mouse ? Isn't he from around your area ?
I sent you a PM, Dad. Are you able to be turning some earth yet? Getting to be that time of year, huh? Y'all have a good'n.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Rose of Tralee wrote:
So no one was a fan of this chapel? did anyone look through the thumbnails? I was kind of dazzled by it. Might be my favorite chapel outside of Gaudi's. Of course it would be impractical during a snow storm, but perfect for spring showers - bring an umbrella.
http://www.archdaily.com/298693/reading-betwe...
You have a real interest in architecture, don't you, Rose? I have a mild interest but that chapel's a little over the top for my taste. I know my kid would love it!
Ever hear of M.C. Esher? We have an Esher designed house right here in my town. Actually it's just a block away from where I live. Nothing particularly impressive about it, but it was a really cool story for our local paper. Yes, someone finally figured it out.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Aubrey Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, I love California.
Well, I guess I do, too, AJ, but I'd sure like to explore other lands. lol...like Chicago!!

“The Force is with me”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I resent that...
Not Ireland! Is that what you were thinking? Yeah, I wish. No, I'm staying in the Midwest. I'm not sure when I'll get back to Ireland but I hope it's soon.
My husband called me Monday night to say he was sitting in a restaurant overlooking the Pacific .....but it was a business dinner. I'd had a Lean Cuisine and really didn't want to hear about it. In other words, saying he was "suffering" was just a little bit of sarcasm.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I guess I do, too, AJ, but I'd sure like to explore other lands. lol...like Chicago!!
Lets go, road trip. Oh how silly, I forgot to say good morning my friend.

“waiting for Topix to change---”

Paradise North Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Frank Lloyd Wright was a genius...
jmo

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>You have a real interest in architecture, don't you, Rose? I have a mild interest but that chapel's a little over the top for my taste. I know my kid would love it!
Ever hear of M.C. Esher? We have an Esher designed house right here in my town. Actually it's just a block away from where I live. Nothing particularly impressive about it, but it was a really cool story for our local paper. Yes, someone finally figured it out.
I do. Especially when an architect brings the outside inside / visa versa. One of the things that makes my blood boil is when I see a plop house (code for greedy developer) facing an extraordinary view and have nothing in the way of windows and balconies to take advantage of it. Grrr

If you ever get a chance, could you take a photograph of the Escher house (put it on image bin) and send it to me in a private pm? Just for your own safety. I didn't know that about Escher. I didn't know he lived in California. hmmmm dialing uncle google

BTW: to whom it may concern - thanks for all the kevits. I thought my account was smoked. Guess not - oh happy day!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Declaration of total administrative war against... 28 min -Lea- 2
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 2 hr Maverick 808 18,419
case of 11-11-13 madison county 3 hr Richard Barlow 2
Antoinette Soto Model 3 hr Richard Barlow 2
Where did Everybody go? 4 hr Richard Barlow 9
Rose of Tralee's 'Cabinet of Wonders' 4 hr Richard Barlow 40
Cervical Fusion and Spinal cord disorders 10 hr Mary 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••