Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#12758 Mar 15, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>I resent that...

Are you going to where i think your going?
Me too, I love California.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#12759 Mar 15, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text>Morning fessor . Has anything happened to Cat house Mouse ? Isn't he from around your area ?
I sent you a PM, Dad. Are you able to be turning some earth yet? Getting to be that time of year, huh? Y'all have a good'n.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#12760 Mar 15, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
So no one was a fan of this chapel? did anyone look through the thumbnails? I was kind of dazzled by it. Might be my favorite chapel outside of Gaudi's. Of course it would be impractical during a snow storm, but perfect for spring showers - bring an umbrella.
http://www.archdaily.com/298693/reading-betwe...
You have a real interest in architecture, don't you, Rose? I have a mild interest but that chapel's a little over the top for my taste. I know my kid would love it!
Ever hear of M.C. Esher? We have an Esher designed house right here in my town. Actually it's just a block away from where I live. Nothing particularly impressive about it, but it was a really cool story for our local paper. Yes, someone finally figured it out.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#12761 Mar 15, 2013
Aubrey Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, I love California.
Well, I guess I do, too, AJ, but I'd sure like to explore other lands. lol...like Chicago!!

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#12762 Mar 15, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I resent that...
Are you going to where i think your going?
Not Ireland! Is that what you were thinking? Yeah, I wish. No, I'm staying in the Midwest. I'm not sure when I'll get back to Ireland but I hope it's soon.
My husband called me Monday night to say he was sitting in a restaurant overlooking the Pacific .....but it was a business dinner. I'd had a Lean Cuisine and really didn't want to hear about it. In other words, saying he was "suffering" was just a little bit of sarcasm.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#12763 Mar 15, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I guess I do, too, AJ, but I'd sure like to explore other lands. lol...like Chicago!!
Lets go, road trip. Oh how silly, I forgot to say good morning my friend.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#12764 Mar 15, 2013
Frank Lloyd Wright was a genius...
jmo

“Resist Persist Enlist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

United States

#12766 Mar 15, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>You have a real interest in architecture, don't you, Rose? I have a mild interest but that chapel's a little over the top for my taste. I know my kid would love it!
Ever hear of M.C. Esher? We have an Esher designed house right here in my town. Actually it's just a block away from where I live. Nothing particularly impressive about it, but it was a really cool story for our local paper. Yes, someone finally figured it out.
I do. Especially when an architect brings the outside inside / visa versa. One of the things that makes my blood boil is when I see a plop house (code for greedy developer) facing an extraordinary view and have nothing in the way of windows and balconies to take advantage of it. Grrr

If you ever get a chance, could you take a photograph of the Escher house (put it on image bin) and send it to me in a private pm? Just for your own safety. I didn't know that about Escher. I didn't know he lived in California. hmmmm dialing uncle google

BTW: to whom it may concern - thanks for all the kevits. I thought my account was smoked. Guess not - oh happy day!

“MooMod”

Since: Feb 11

Pokeatwat Farms

#12767 Mar 15, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>I sent you a PM, Dad. Are you able to be turning some earth yet? Getting to be that time of year, huh? Y'all have a good'n.
Got it fessor an reply sent . Too wet to do much but we have been bedding some cotton ground . Mostly I plant notill and save the fuel . Right now I have the guys working on a couple of disk changing blades . Also have 3 putting the last round of fertilize on the wheat . Have the cows to ck but we kinda rotate on that but fixin to hit the ground running shortly .

Level 6

United States

#12768 Mar 15, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>You have a real interest in architecture, don't you, Rose? I have a mild interest but that chapel's a little over the top for my taste. I know my kid would love it!
(this may be a repeat-happens) V V V

I do. Especially when an architect brings the outside inside / visa versa. One of the things that makes my blood boil is when I see a plop house (code for greedy developer) facing an extraordinary view and have nothing in the way of windows and balconies to take advantage of it. Grrr

If you ever get a chance, could you take a photograph of the Escher house (put it on image bin) and send it to me in a private pm? Just for your own safety. I didn't know that about Escher. I didn't know he lived in California. hmmmm dialing uncle google

BTW: to whom it may concern - thanks for all the kevits. I thought my account was smoked. Guess not - oh happy day!

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#12769 Mar 15, 2013
Carl Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when you are in the Carlsbad/Oceanside area.
We usually go to LA a couple of times a year to see friends and family but now that he's working for a company headquartered just north of there I hope to go with him once in a while. I've been threatening to find Rose one of these days. Maybe we could all meet up?

Level 6

United States

#12770 Mar 15, 2013
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Not Ireland! Is that what you were thinking? Yeah, I wish. No, I'm staying in the Midwest. I'm not sure when I'll get back to Ireland but I hope it's soon.
My husband called me Monday night to say he was sitting in a restaurant overlooking the Pacific .....but it was a business dinner. I'd had a Lean Cuisine and really didn't want to hear about it. In other words, saying he was "suffering" was just a little bit of sarcasm.
Actually I was thinking the northwest. I really should take a little time off to go camp in the desert before it's to hot

What restaurant was he at? Nice. have you ever visited the Getty Villa in Malibu?- not the big white box on the hill. This one you have to make reservations for.

Level 6

United States

#12771 Mar 15, 2013
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>We usually go to LA a couple of times a year to see friends and family but now that he's working for a company headquartered just north of there I hope to go with him once in a while. I've been threatening to find Rose one of these days. Maybe we could all meet up?
Ventura area?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#12772 Mar 15, 2013
Good morning, gangsters!

Level 6

United States

#12773 Mar 15, 2013
Aubrey Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets go, road trip. Oh how silly, I forgot to say good morning my friend.
Chicago is a great city. I like the midwest; I find it exotic. When I've visited, it's been in the fall. The colors OMG. And the architecture. Sullivan, FLW. I want to see the "bean" and that fountain with the digital portraits.

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#12774 Mar 15, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I was thinking the northwest. I really should take a little time off to go camp in the desert before it's to hot
What restaurant was he at? Nice. have you ever visited the Getty Villa in Malibu?- not the big white box on the hill. This one you have to make reservations for.
Oregon? Yeah, we're still trying to figure out when we'll get there. I hope it's soon because most of the traveling we're doing isn't too relaxing, but that would be the best. We'd thought maybe end of May/first of June but now it's looking like we'll have to push it further into the summer. Still working on that. I'll be back in a week and we'll have a week together at home before he leaves for a week in Las Vegas. And so it goes....

I've only been to the Getty on the 405, not the one in Malibu. I've read about it, though.

Level 6

United States

#12775 Mar 15, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Frank Lloyd Wright was a genius...
jmo
He really is great. A favorite of mine. We have a few of his homes here in LA. I about died when i heard they tore down one of his homes on the island of Catalina. Right now he has a home (or maybe it's his son) who is under threat of demolition in Arizona. Thats where urgency is now - saving the homes his son has built. Some skate board giant bought one in Palos Verdes and after much fighting, got the permit to tear it down.. People were fighting him but this is also the town where they rolled out the red carpet for Donald Trump.

He took over the wild lands and left us a little trail on the edge of his golf course LOL (but at least it's on the ocean side.)

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#12776 Mar 15, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ventura area?
Yep, that's where he's spending the majority of his time.

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#12777 Mar 15, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
Good morning, gangsters!
Good morning, Ferrerman!

Level 8

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12778 Mar 15, 2013
Howdy peeps...I think I am getting my new phone toady..Samsung Note II

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 3 min North Mountain 7,562
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 54 min -Sprocket- 6,284
NRA doesn,t care about keeping people SAFE 5 hr The Truth 2
Name Three Things (Aug '12) 10 hr Trump is Fat 2,272
Game---"Make a Sentence" (Mar '12) 11 hr -Sprocket- 4,306
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 11 hr -Sprocket- 1,104
Word association game (Sep '12) 11 hr -Sprocket- 2,669
More from around the web